Chapter 3 : Assumption

Hope

 

Yoona's POV

“Us. Super Generation on the same stage together.”

There he said it. I bowed my head in disappointment. I shouldn’t have my hope high since I know I’m only his friend. Weirdo Yoong, Im Yoona. That’s all you are to him. Nothing more, I assure myself. I can’t let my feelings control me anymore. I know I can’t have him. He belongs to Seo. They’re the maknae couple after all. The SM’s unofficial official couple, as he said so himself. It hurts me when I saw their duet stage in every SMTown performance. Why can’t I be the one to perform with him? Well, I know I’m not as good as Seo when it comes to singing, but a girl can hope, right?

Hope. Why do I always have this hope that he will like me back? Let’s see. Every time we did an encore stage in SMTown concert, he always had his camera pointing at me. Not just once, twice. First,  SMTown Paris. He took a picture of me and Sunny Unnie backstage. It turns out to be weird, so I asked him to delete it. But he told me I was beautiful. Maybe it’s just a tease, but it indeed makes me happy. He did it again during the encore stage. This time, he recorded me with his handycam. Twice.

Second is SMTown Tokyo. He recorded me while I walked myself to him. I was walking with Yesung Oppa when I saw him recording the crowd with his iPhone, and then stopped immediately when he found me.

He encouraged me whenever I feel down because of those antis who said I don’t have any talents. I still remember the time in SuKiRa when I just told Teuk and Hyuk oppa about the things that can brought me down and suddenly he texted me saying things to encouraged me. I couldn’t be happier that time.

With all these proofs, (well at least in my head it’s a proof!) can I still have this hope that he actually liked me back? Or I have to wait until reality strikes, and hit me hard?

“Yoong?”

I tried to regain my consciousness as I lifted my head, looked straight to him and form a fake smile. “Ne?”

He looked worried. I don’t know what made him, though.

“May I ask you a question?”

 

Kyuhyun's POV

“Us. Super Generation on the same stage together.”

I cursed myself as I said those words. How can I said that while in my heart I know what I meant by Us. It’s not for Super Generation. It’s for US. Her, Im Yoona, and me, Cho Kyuhyun. Being able to finally be on a same stage together with her is the happiest moment of my life. And I ruined it by saying that ‘Us’ means ‘Super Generation’. Not that I’m not happy with Super Generation, I am happy that we’re able to be on a same stage together again. But I’m the happiest when I’m with one of their member. This doe-eyed girl who’s standing right in front of me.

I like this girl. I like this girl so much I think I’m this close to be in love with her. Why is it so hard to express my feeling for her? Oh yeah, I know. She’s nation’s ideal girl. Every guy I know, AND the one I don’t know, chose her as their Ideal type. Even SeungGi hyung chose her as his ideal type. How can I, Cho Kyuhyun, someone who has the word EVIL as his title, compete with someone who has “Nation’s younger brother” as his title?

It is a burden to me. To like someone who is loved by a lot of guy. Not just in South Korea, but around the world. That is why I could never confess to her. I was too afraid she won’t like me back. I was too afraid of rejection. I was too afraid if I ever confess to her, our relationship as a close friend will end. I don’t want that to happen. I’d rather have her as one of my closest friend rather than confess and lose her.

Or would I?

She looked disappointed by my words. Did she expect me to say something else? Looking at her reaction made me curious about her feelings towards me.

What if she actually liked me back? What if all this time, I just wasted my life to something I’m not even sure of? What if actually all this time, she’s the one who wait for me to make a move?

I don’t want to make any assumption.

 “Yoong?” I said as calm as I can.

“Ne?” She replied, with a smile that seems empty.

I cannot wait any longer. with one deep breath I encourage myself.

“May I ask you a question?”

 

==================================================================================================

Sorry! This is not a good chapter. I don't really like it. I hope you're not disappointed by it ><

and since Lee Seung Gi is my bias, so I have to include him, somehow XD

Anyway, thanks for the new subscribers! <3