The Story

Uncle, Don't Give Her To Hyung

The Story

fs7Mxrk.png
“Hyesung, don’t put pink glitter in it, it’ll get gross,” 5-year-old Park Chanyeol told his friend not to stain the drawing with the girly glitter in her hand.

“But it’s pretty,” Hyesung pouted.

“It’s girly, this is batman,” Chanyeol pointed at an uneven rectangular face on his paper. “Pink glitter is not cool, Right Jongin?” Chanyeol asked Hyesung’s 3-year-old brother.

“Huh?” Jongin tilted his head cutely at Chanyeol.

“Jongin, nonna wants to put pink glitter on it, tell hyung to let noona do it,” Hyesung ordered her brother still with a pout in her face.

“But it’s batman,” Chanyeol protested.

“But we draw it together, I want to put pink glitter to make a pink cloud,” she pointed at the clouds on the drawing paper.

Jongin looked from Hyesung and Chanyeol in turns then burst into a cry.

“Guys, don’t argue,” Hyesung’s mother told them. “See, you scared Jongin away,” She nudge Jongin’s cheek who’s already in her arms by now.

Hyesung and Chanyeol stopped arguing, but pout still painted in their faces. They’re currently in the Park’s resident, celebrating for Kris’, Chanyeol’s adoptive brother, acceptance in Seoul National high school. They were drawing a picture together until Chanyeol decided to turn their family portrait into Batman’s drawing and forbade Hyesung to color it.

Suddenly Kris got out from his room with unsure face “How do I look?” He asked no one in particular.

“Oh my God,” Hyesung’s mom shouted in glee, “I knew you’ll look dashing in it,” she told Kris.

Chanyeol’s mom came from the kitchen and gasped “You look handsome, oh my God, my son is all grown up,” she shed a tear, Mrs. Park always known as the oversensitive one.

Kris rolled his eyes “Umma, please,” he said. “Are you ladies sure? I feel like an ahjussi in this blazer,” he frowned.

“Oh Kris, you look good on anything, don’t worry,” Hyesung’s mom waved her hand at him reassuringly.

“Yes yes,” Chanyeol yelled and jumped around in front of his brother, “Hyung look cool, my hyung is the coolest,” he grinned widely.

“You sure, buddy?” Kris asked, ruffling Chanyeol’s hair.

Chanyeol nodded eagerly. It’s obvious that he adored his brother. When Kris came to their house 2 years back, he loathed the older boy. His father told him that Kris would be his older brother and he should respect him. Their parents paid too much attention to Kris that he felt abandon. But, when he saw Kris played basketball in their yard every evening, and asked him to play along with him, he loved him eventually. Now, Kris was practically his role model, he would want to be like Kris when he’s older, simply because his brother was so tall and handsome, and cool.

Chanyeol stretched his hand forward, gestured Kris to take him in his arm, so Kris could carry him in his shoulder like he always did. Chanyeol told his parents that he’s too old for a kiss on the cheek one day, but he obviously never too old to get carried by Kris or even sat on the older’s lap. Kris happily pulled his brother up so that the younger could shout “I’m taller than hyung.”

“What my Hyesung think of my new uniform?” Kris asked the giggling Hyesung on the floor, and sat on the couch infront of her, still with Chanyeol in his arm.

“Oppa look handsomee,” She cooed.

Kris bent down kissed her cheek “well, if Hyesung loves it, then there’s no problem,” Kris said.

“Hyung, you will date pretty noonas at your new school, right?” Chanyeol asked innocently.

Kris and the rest of adult laughed at his mark. “Of course, you know hyung is the most good looking guy on earth, right?” Kris told him cockily.

“Yes, my hyung is jjang,” Chanyeol shouted, making everyone, even Jongin, laughed.

 

“Kris is such a good son,” Hyesung’s mom said when Kris helped his mom to set up the table for dinner.

Kris and his mother chuckled at that, “What can I do, I saved the country in my previous life,” Mrs. Park retorted.

“Seriously, Mom,” Kris rolled his eyes while the others laughed at Mrs. Park’s joke.

 “A gentleman with a brain and look, Kris is perfect,” Mr. Kim, who joined the families meeting with Mr. Park after work, butted in.

“Yeah, I would want a son in law like him,” Mrs. Kim said dreamily, “Too bad that Hyesung is too young for him.”

“I can wait, 10 years doesn’t matter to me,” Kris joked, laughing.

Mr. Kim laughed along with him, “well, continue to be a good man until she’s old enough to marry you then,” he said playfully.

Chanyeol who listened to the elders conversation suddenly stood up and walked to Mr. Kim, “Uncle, don’t give her to hyung,” he said suddenly, making the adults look at him curiously. “I’ll grow up to be a good boy too, let me marry Hyesung when we’re older,” he blurted out.

Mr. Park and Kris practically rolled on the floor clenching their tummy, while the rest of adults tried so hard not to laugh.

“So, our Chanyeolie will marry Hyesung when he’s older?” Mr. Kim asked him to make sure.

Chanyeol nodded with determination on his face, “Yeah, I’ll be taller than hyung and protect Hyesung from bad guys,” he said. “Please don’t give her to hyung,” he did the perfect 90-degree bow to Mr. Kim, making Kris laughed even louder and the parents cooed in adoration.

However, no one noticed the blushing Hyesung in the corner of the room.

 

“Jongin, palli,” 17 years old Hyesung shouted at her younger brother. “This is your first day, you can’t be late,” she added in annoyance.

“A minute,” Jongin shouted back from his room, equally annoyed.

“I’ll be outside,” She informed her brother and dashed outside, paused mommentarily to leave a peck on her mother’s cheek.

She saw Chanyeol already waited for them in front of his house, across from hers. She walked to him and grinned brightly.

“Where’s he?” Chanyeol asked her the first thing he saw her.

“Too nervous that his blazer won’t look good on him, he’ll be out in a minute,” she informed and Chanyeol nodded.

“Why are you guys so work out about the blazer anyway? I thought that it’s only on your family, you know since I saw oppa and you made a fuss about it, but now Jongin too,” she asked while groaning.

 “Because this blazer looks like an ahjussi’s,” he replied with a pout.

Hyesung chuckled at the sight, “you guys are so gay I swear,” she said.

“Shut up,” Chanyeol gave her a look.

Hyesung chuckled then leaned closer to straighten some Chanyeol’s messy hair. Chanyeol bent down a little so it could be easier for her to do his hair.

“You’re not going to have band practice later, right?” Hyesung asked once she’s done with his hair.

“Nope,” Chanyeol positioned his face right infront hers, “Why? You want to ask me for a date?” he asked slyly.

Hyesung rolled her eyes “You think?” she said in a sarcas tone. “Jongin will have club orientation later, I don’t want to go home alone,” she pouted.

Chanyeol laughed and ruffled her hair “You know that I won’t let you go home alone, right? What if guys from SM high see my Hyesung and steal her from me?” he said.

“Ugh, you always said that, but how many times did I go home alone because you choose your stupid band over me?” Hyesung glared at him.

Chanyeol laughed out loud “Awwww, my Hyesung jealous over my band?” Chanyeol teased, took her into his arm and kissed her temple.

“Shut up,” Hyesung blushed.

That’s how they interact every day, teasing, bickering, with so much . Hyesung wouldn’t lie that she liked Chanyeol. Man, she loved him. However, Chanyeol seemed oblivious about her feelings. He gave her never ending teasing, so much skinship that people thought that they are a couple, but in fact, their just bestfriend.

“Ewwww, why do I see you making out the first thing in the morning?” Jongin who already out said, refering to Chanyeol who had his hand on Hyesung’s waist and poked her cheek endlessly.

“Who’s making out?” Hyesung defended.

“You,” Jongin pointed at them.

Hyesung rolled her eyes “Come on, we have to hurry if we don’t want to be late.”

 

Nothing unusual happened at school, Chanyeol and Hyesung didn’t get the same class, which is not really surprising since they never in the same class the two previous years. Jongin got a new friend name Oh Sehun, who look like a rude brat, but when he saw Kimchi friedrice at Hyesung’s lunch box, he threw all aegyo he has to get a bite.

“Still nothing happening over the summer?” Haeun, Hyesung other bestfriend, asked her after lunch.

“What do you expect?” Hyesung whispered since Chanyeol and the rest of their friends walked infront of them “Of course it’s nothing.”

Haeun groaned “This is frustrating, you guys too dumb to see how much you love each other,” Haneun half whispered half yelled. God knows how much she wanted Hyesung and Chanyeol get together, ever since they knew each other, Haeun knew that Chanyeol and Hyesung would be the cutest couple ever, but her besfriends were too dense to see it.

“Come on Eun, he only sees me as bestfriend,” Hyesung smiled sadly.

“You dumd , what kind of bestfriend that kiss you on the cheek out of the blue and back hugging you on school opening ceremony?”Haeun protested. “You’re lucky that teacher did not notice that, or else you’ll get detention for PDA at the very first day.”

Hyesung blushed when she remember that Chanyeol back hugged her at the opening ceremony earlier, not to mention glared at every freshman who checked her out.

“He thinks that you are his girlfriend, you know,” Baekhyun, who are Haeun’s boyfriend, butted in.

“Jesus, since when you eavesdrop our conversation,” Haeun startled.

Baekhyun grinned sheepishly, “Anyway, that really frustrated at this freshman who openly stared at you earlier,” he whispered to them.

“And he personally tells you this?” Haeun asked, raising a brow.

“Come on, he’s my brestfriend, I can tell,” Baekhyun defended. “But about that girlfriend thing, how many times that I have to tell you, he really thinks that you are his,” Baekhyun turned to Hyesung.

Hyesung sighed “How many times do I have to tell you, just like me, he’s just too tired to explain that we’re just bestfriend, so he let it go,” Hyesung replied stubornly.

“God, you’re both too stuborn it’s sickening to see,” Baekhyun retorted angrily.

“I told you right?” Haeun told her boyfriend, “these two people are really frustrating. Just forget about them, babe, we better talk about our love story,” Haeun grinned.

“Aww, baby I love you,” Baekhyun kissed her nose, then they turned gross that Hyesung had to walk faster to get away from them.

 

“Noona, you’ll go home with hyung, Right?” Jongin asked Hyesung when she restored her books to her locker.

“Yup, don’t worry, just attend that stupid orientation,” Hyesung assured her brother.

Jongin chuckled “Alright then, see you at home,” they bid goodbye and Hyesung waited for Chanyeol patiently at her locker.

“Babe,” Chanyeol called her with a sheepish grin on his face. “You know I love you, right?” he approached.

Hyesung sighed “but you have band practice to attend,” Hyesung finished for him easily since this kind of conversation had been played hundred times in their friendship.

Chanyeol gave her another sheepish smile “I’m sorry, but this is my future,” he said.

“Yeah yeah,” Hyesung replied lazily “and I’m not your future so you can always take me for granted,” she added in her head.

“Are you okay to go home alone?” he asked with concern.

“Do you have to ask?” Hyesung rolled her eyes.

“You can always come with me you know,” Chanyeol offered while pouting.

“You know I hate noisy places,” she sighed. “Now, go to your practice, see you at home,” she smiled at him.

“Alright, take care okay,” He said and kissed her temple. “Bye babe, love you,” he said then dashed to the practice room.

“Love you too,” Hyesung whispered, never had the courage to said it out loud because she knew that Chanyeol meant platonic while she hoped for more.

 

“Do it at your own room, Park Chanyeol,” Hyesung nudged Chanyeol’s leg with her foot, attempting to chase Chanyeol away from her bed.

They curently in her room, with her sitting on her study desk, facing Chanyeol who composed his band new song.

“I like here better,” he replied lowly without looking at her.

“But I want to sleep,” Hyesung whined childisly.

“Then sleep,” Chanyeol replied.

But before Hyesung could reply, her bedroom’s door burst open, revealing a panting Jongin.

“Hyung, your home, now,” he said to Chanyeol, smiled from ear to ear like a mad person, he dashed from her room, practically running.

Chanyeol groaned but stood up. Hyesung furrowed her eyebrows and followed Chanyeol to his house. Once they were outside, the saw Jongin pointed happily at a familiar car parked infront of Chanyeol’s house.

“See?” Jongin said to them, “palli palliiii,” he ran to Chanyeol’s house.

Chanyeol and Hyesung looked at each other with a wide grin at their face, then followed Jongin to run into the house.

“Hyunnngggg,” Chanyeol hollered at a tall figure that curently pulled Jongin’s head in a head lock. Chanyeol jumped on his back and laughed when the guy groaned.

Hyesung laughed when Chanyeol landed on his when the guy stood up. He released Jongin’s head and walked to Hyesung.

“Well, if this isn’t our Hyesung that get prettier day by day,” he said.

“Kris oppa, we miss you,” Hyesung jumped to hold him.

“Aww, I miss you too,” Kris cooed.

“How many days do you stay this time?” she asked once they parted.

“Three days,” He answered.

“It’s not enough,” Hyesung protested, followed by eager nods from Chanyeol and Jongin.

Kris chuckled and ruffled her hair “I took a week leave, but I already spent it in China to visited my late parents’ graves,” he said. “I spent longer times here next time,” he promised.

His three dongsaeng nodded in unison. “where’s your girlfriend?” Jongin asked, wriggling his eyebrows.

“She’s busy with work,” Kris flicked his forehead. “Aren’t I enough already?” he asked, puting his hand on his chest, pretending to be hurt.

“We’re sick of you, we want that pretty noona,” Jongin protested.

Kris laughed but then stop and glared at Jongin “Who teach you to be a brat?” he asked.

 

Chanyeol stood beside his brother who curently prepared the dinner with their mother, “Aish, it’s only an inch,” he groaned.

Kris looked at his brother with a furrowed eyebrows “what are you doing? Oh wait, you still have that weird obsession about our height?” he asked, chuckling.

“It’s only an inch left, I can be taller than you,” Chanyeol said proudly.

“Is it matter?” Kris half yelled. “Stop comparing our height, you’re giant enough already, no need to be taller.”

“But I wanted to be taller,” Chanyeol protested.

“Stop acting like a kid, you’re 17,” Kris retorted. “Oh wait, you can’t marry Hyesung if you’re not taller than me, you promise...”

“Shut up, shut up,” Chanyeol cut  off his brother’s tease by putting his hands on his brother’s lips.

Kris laughed out loud “Oh my God, you are hilarious.”

“Shut up,” Chanyeol yelled. “Mom, I don’t like him, don’t give him dinner,” Chanyeol whined at their mother who just ignored them.

Kris stuck out his tounge childishly at the younger. Chanyeol groaned and glared at him “What are you, Kris? 10?” he mocked.

Kris glared back “Yes, I’m 10, 10 years older than you. Call me hyung, you brat,” Kris pulled his brother into a headlock. Seconds after, they were wrestling in the kitchen.

“Yah, stop it, you both giant, you make my kitchen messy,” their mother yelled at them.

They parted while laughing, trying to slap each other arms. “Leave the kitchen, now!” Mrs. Park boomed.

Chanyeol dashed away after kicking his brother in the shin and stuck his tounge out at him. Kris laughed and shook his head on his younger brother’s behavior then continue preparing for dinner.

 

 “So Jongin, any cute girls in school?” Kris asked the youngest when they bundled up in the Park’s living room. Jongin curently sat on the floor with his head on Kris’ knee, playing with his phone. Kris laid his back on the couch with Chanyeol doing the same thing beside him. Hyesung leaned back at the far side of the couch, legs draped over Chanyeol’s lap, which Chanyeol absent-mindedly.

“Um, yeah,” Jongin answered leisurely without looking up from his phone, “Some girls gave me their number but I refuse, I don’t know who to choose,” Jongin said innocently.

“Yah, are you mad? Take all the numbers, you can’t lose your fans, do the selecting after,” Kris suggested evily at him.

Jongin tilted his head at Kris “Should I?” he asked.

“Of course, that’s what real gentlemen do,” Kris assured.

Jongin nodded innocently, but Hyesung butted in. “Don’t listen to him, Jonginie, just focus on your study.”

“You can’t study all the time, Dongsaeng,” Kris defended, “You have to have fun sometimes, don’t follow Chanyeol and Hyesung, they’re no fun, the vowed to each other’s faithful since kids, where’s the fun in that?”

At that, Hyesung kicked Kris’ thigh while Chanyeol shoved his shoulder. Jongin and Kris laughed nevertheless.

“Oh Hyung, they’re hugging at the opening ceremony this morning,” Jongin informed Kris.

Kris’ eyes twinkled at that “Really?” Kris asked.

Chanyeol who intended to shut Jongin’s mouth could do nothing since Jongin and Kris now stood face to face with Kris protecting Jongin from angry Chanyeol.

“Yeah, more like Chanie hyung back hugging noona at the far back of the hall,” Jongin said gleefully. “He put his chin in noona’s head like this,” Jongin circled his arms in the air and tilted his chin up, immitating Chanyeol.

Kris laughed out loud “They did that?” He asked, earning a nod from Jongin. “at the entire ceremony?” another nod.

Kris patted Chanyeol’s back rather harsly “Way to go, Park Chanyeol,” he said.

Chanyeol huffed and ploped down on the couch next to the red Hyesung. Hyesung glared at Jongin “Betrayer,” she hissed.

“Oh, and the’re making out every morning,” Jongin added.

“No we didn’t,” Hyesung yelled. But it was no avail since Kris’ laugh could be heard in the entire neighborhood.

 

 The next day Hyesung found herself giggling endlessly at Yixing’s joke. Yixing was the guitarist at Chanyeol’s band. Hyesung never really close to the guy before, but once she spoke to the guy on their way to the canteen that day, Hyesung liked that guy immediately, thanks to his endless humor.

“Hi guys,” She greeted Chanyeol, Haeun and Baekhyun who already in the table. Chanyeol looked particularly grumpy that day, but Hyesung just shrugged it off and laughed at Yixing’s joke again.

Not too long after, Suho and Kyungsoo, another Chanyeol’s band mates, joined them to lunch, followed by Jongin and Sehun.

Hyesung engaged into another conversation with Yixing, laughed her off at his silly jokes. The endless conversation resulted in them to exchange their phone number, followed after, the endless text messages. That was how Hyesung giggling at her phone when Chanyeol talks to her in her room.

“Who are you texting to?” Chanyeol asked with an annoyed voice.

“Yixing,” Hyesung replied shortly without looking up at Chanyeol.

“Since when are you close with him?”

“Today,” another short reply.

Chanyeol took her phone from her grip rather harsly “Why are you doing this?” he asked angrily.

“What are talking about?” Hyesung replied in annoyance. “Give me back my phone,” she ordered.

“Why are you doing this, Kim Hyesung?” he asked again.

“Doing what?” Hyesung glared at him.

“Texting another guy,” Chanyeol said.

“What’s wrong with that?” Hyesung angry. “Why is it matter to you anyway?”

“How is it not matter to me?” Chanyeol boomed.

“Yah, why are you angry?! I did nothing wrong,” Hyesung defended.

“How can I not angry when my grilfriend text another dude and ignoring me?” he asked with a hurtful face.

Hyesung stunned and blinked repeatedly, “What? What girlfriend are you talking about?” she yelled at him.

“Seriously? Then I’m nothing now?” Chanyeol yelled back.

“What nonsense are blabbering about? Give me my phone back.”

Chanyeol let out a dry laugh “Nonsense? You said us is nonsense.”

Hesung stared at Chanyeol for a good 2 minutes. Chanyeol was furious, his face red from anger. “Park Chanyeol, is this some sick joke?” she asked.

“You do know how to hurt a guy, right Kim Hyesung,” Chanyeol mocked.

“How am I hurting you? I did nothing?” Hyesung felt offended.

“Nothing? You flinch every time I touch you, you never say you love me back, how that makes me feel you think, huh?”

“Why are you so work out about that? We’re nothing,” she boomed.

“Nothing? Nothing, huh? After all this time, you said we’re nothing? We both know how much we love each other then you said we’re nothing?” Chanyeol chuckled dryly then ruffled his hair. Hyesung swore that she saw Chanyeol almost cry.

“What now? Do You want to end this? End us?” he asked.

“You never even ask me to be your girlfriend, what us to end?” Hyesung deadpanned.

“Is that important? We both know how we feel, I tell you that I love you everyday.”

“You tell me you love me since we’re 5,” Hyesung pointed at his habit.

“That’s because I love you since then,” Chanyeol boomed, making Hyesung startled.

“So, we’re not just bestfriend?” Hyesung asked dumdfoundedly.

“What kind of bestfriend did tons of skinship like that?” Chanyeol asked tiredly.

Hyesung stunned “How can you think that..” Hyesung let her question hanging, unable to finish it.

“You let me kissed your forehead at that summer camp when we’re 8 grade,” Chanyeol explained. “I wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend, but I didn’t know how, then we kinda you know, a bit intimate, we touched each other a lot, then we cluddled, then I thought that I don’t need to ask since I can feel that you like me back.”

“So you’re not oblivious about my feelings?”

“Of course not, your eyes say it all,” he answered softly.

Hyesung hid her face with her palm “God, this is stupid,” she muttured.

Chanyeol scooted closer to her, took her hands in his then stared at her. “It’s my fault, I’m sorry, I should’ve asked,” he said.

He straddled her face in his hands “God, you don’t know how frustrating it is when you always flinch whenever I touch you, I thought you still shy,” he chuckled. He brushed her bottom lip with his thumb “I always wanted to kiss you, you know? But looking at your reaction just when I kiss your temple, I held back.

Hyesung chuckled and rested her forehead on his “You should’ve just kissed me, to make me understand, I was too oblivious.”

“Should I?” Chanyeol chuckled, still her bottom lip and Hyesung melting under his touch. “I think...”

“God, cut the crap and kiss her already!”

The couple startled at the voice in the bedroom door. Kris was standing in the entrance, holding a bag of chips with Jongin happily munching on it. Chanyeol’s eyes widen while Hyesung whined and burrowed her face on the crook of Chanyeol’s neck, all embarassing.

“God, there’s no stupidier couple that this,” Kris rolled his eyes. “Come on Jongin, I’ll introduce you to your noona-in-law,” he dragged Jongin by the neck, away from Hyesung’s room. “Maybe I can introduce you to some of her friends, I believe she has some cute friends,” he wiggled his brows, grinning.

“Noona that 12 years older than me? No, thank you,” Jongin rejected.

“It’s only 10 years actually,” Kris replied happily.

fs7Mxrk.png

If this turned out to be stupid and lame, I'm sorry. This is complete already, but I'll add tiny little epilog :))

Anyway, Isn't it Chanyeol and Kris the cutest??? God, I need to fangirl ASAP!