Prolouge

The Mental Patient

Summary: 12 boys in some point of their lives found themselves acquainted to a girl whom they instantaneously fell hopelessly in love with for 8 wasted years. They gave up on her but continued on their friendship when she suddenly decided to get married with a man who hadn't been amongst them. However, they never thought that they'd be summoned a year later, when she finds herself in need of their help. As she ventures to Brooklyn, the boys find themselves busy taking care of her mental little sister that they never knew existed. But what if the God of Love was giving them a sign? Could it be that they fell in love with the wrong Kwon? God be damned for setting them up with a mental patient.

 

I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS

 

THEY PROBABLY DO NOT ACT LIKE THIS IN REAL LIFE EITHER

 

THIS IS ALL FICTION PEOPLE

 

PLAIN. FAN. FICTION

 

WITH A DOSE OF CRAZY AND RANDOMNESS

 

WARNING: YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF CONFUSED AND LAUGHING ALOUD AT THIS MENTAL PATIENT'S MIND AND ANTICS

 

HAVE FUN READING AND DON'T SUE ME NOR THE NARRATOR

 

DO NOT COPY MY WRITING

 

I TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY

 

I TAKE THIS RANDOMLY

 

ENJOY THE SHOW

 

NO REFUNDS!

 

T

One would often ask a protagonist of a story, when did your story begin? What kind of exhilarating introduction did you make when you told your tale to another? Would it be an introduction where you would begin your day, or perhaps even begin with the ending? Oh, what a marvelous story that’d be. A story where there would be a boy who had a great life. He was rich, handsome and loved by girls everywhere. Yes, what a life. Till one day he met a girl who’d turn his life upside down. Years later, they gradually grew closer, and he’d realize his feelings for her. The latter would realize it as well, and they fell in love and got married.

 

What a tale…

 

Oh no, I’m afraid that this isn’t the tale of the prince and the wannabe princess. No, not a cliche kind of story with a cliche kind of introduction where the protagonist introduces himself. This tale shall begin in time, whether you as the reader choose to read it faster than others or not. As you already know, it’s too late to back out and forget you ever laid your eyes on this piece of artistic juice.

 

And this tale shall begin in a restroom.

 

With a peach haired boy staring at his reflection in uncertainty. The young man pursed his lips, making him realize that he looked rather feminine like that. Scowling, he hid his lips by rubbing them together and continued to wash his face. However, the actions only made his shirt wet instead; but it seemed he never noticed.

 

“Why do you look like such a girl everyday?” He murmured softly at his reflection.

 

As he continued to soak his shirt, a restroom door opened to reveal his friend who had an uncanny resemblance. Truth to be told, their friendship had begun due to the resemblance itself and not anything else. The odd thing about his friend was that his hair had been dyed in multiple colors, but it seemed to make a trend therefore nobody bothered to say anything about it.

 

He stepped out the stall and joined his friend at the sink, rinsing his hands and purifying it from any ounces of bacteria. As he washed his hands, he occasionally glanced at the boy next to him who looked like he was trying to wash his face away. To stop him, he placed a hand on his shoulder and said, “You overdid it, Lu”

 

The latter stared back into his friend’s eyes, suddenly serious as ever. Sehun removed his hand and left the bathroom with him tagging behind. The two boys journeyed back to their class where they’d be expected to follow the educational system again. Sehun and Luhan never minded the knowledge, it was just the teachers that seemed to be in lack of teaching methods.

 

So they did the only thing everyone expected the two rich kids to do; skip. When they reached the corridor to their class, instead of taking right they swerved left and headed up to the rooftop to sleep. They took their own sweet time as they climbed up the stairs, Luhan occasionally humming a song that never bothered Sehun.

 

When the took the final step, Sehun opened the door and hesitated slightly when the brightness of the outside area made itself comfortable to their eyes. Once they got used to the brightness, they stepped outside and sighed in content as they felt the wind hit them with waves of immense pleasure.

 

Sehun and Luhan often skipped class and their place of escape would be the rooftop. Cliche, yes, but everywhere else had been covered in either dust or the stench of delinquents. The rooftop was always safe and free of other people. They usually wondered why no one else would journey to this beautiful place where they would be free of rules and stupid school responsibilities.

 

However, as they kept their eyes shut, they never realized there had been someone standing right there, her bright blonde hair flying around in the air beautifully.

 

“U-Umm…” She murmured as their eyes opened in surprise at the sudden new voice. “I’m sorry, am I interrupting something?”

-rFzEdDX8-P7X8eLfr3KS90FZ3lKIVsaB2TjC_8f

"You overdid it, Lu"

T

 

A blond man, age 21, was leisurely drumming his fingers on his desk, awaiting for something interesting to happen. His eyes darted from one head to another, but they hardly moved at all. The only sound that echoed in the cold classroom was the friction when a pencil made contact with the thin paper on the wooden desks, or when someone had been erasing something. Usually the only action he gets is when the student in the front erases something, and his table bangs against the wall when he does so.

 

The 21 year old man was bored, utterly and ever so thusly, bored. He swore to himself time had froze and that he was the only thing in the universe moving freely. 2 hours was said to be short, but when it involved him sitting in this class, he was sure to find nothing entertaining.

 

Kris Wu had nothing to do in his life other than wait for his father to retire and step down from the family business, and that would be for another 3 years. Kris decided at the age of 20 to lend a hand at his high school which he graduated at. He remembered the quiet and incapable substitutes from before who just sat there in class, brooding at him and his classmates.

 

So he wanted to set an example. He would step foot in class and teach them something; Mathematics, History or maybe Chemistry. Perhaps even more than what they've learnt. That'd be beneficial to both the students and him. He could ensure that he hadn't forgotten the subject and the kids could learn something new.

 

However, the thing he hated the most when it came to substituting a class was when it was exam time. Boy, he just hated when he had to sit there quietly and observe the students like a hawk. It was utterly boring whenever he did this, and the most troublesome part was that he had 12 periods of it this whole damn week!

 

His phone had games, but he was sick of them. The friends he once knew from school were in class, studying, unlike him. It wasn't his fault he'd finished everything he needed for the future earlier. Grumbling inwardly to himself, he leaned his head on the table and pouted childishly.

 

Having nothing to do, he stood and did a few rounds in class, checking each student. One by one, he walked behind them and peeked into their question papers. Most of the students in the class knew how to study, so he never expected any rubbish answers. Looking around, he found himself slowly being back into the hole of boredom.

 

He continued his rounds, nonetheless. Walking silently, he stopped behind a girl who had bright blond hair. Raising a brow, he cocked his head and continued to examine the blond hair that seemed to be more of a shade of bright yellow. There was no way that this hair was natural. Chewing on his bottom lip, he reached out to touch a strand.

 

Only to regret it.

 

P8HIPA2E7szHkHJuYH0uSSbcGe8myn8B3yCiklOD

"Only to regret it"

 

T

 

His eyebrow twitched in annoyance, feeling anger fill up inside of him. Why? Why, him of all people? His colleagues were probably snickering in amusement behind him, for he could feel the vibrations of their chests. His lips thinned down into a grim line, he scoffed indignantly and turned away from the cylindrical object, his name written on it, in addition of the sour and cream under it.

 

The nickname Lay had first come up during school when he was 14. His classmates had decided to surprise him with a prank on his birthday. When he entered the class, a bucket of Lay’s chips came tumbling down and covered his entire body. He could still hear the echoes of laughter in that cold classroom. He shuddered at the memory. And the pigeons… The window had been open, and once the chips made contact with his skin, they attacked him, pointy beaks pecking his very body.

 

That day, Lay was born.

 

That day, his trauma of birds came to life.

 

And today, this 20 year old man, would have to face a fat professor who would fill them in for Physics. He was filthy, covered in flies and mouth filled with chips. He offered some to Lay, in which he scowled at. His T-shirt just made Lay KNOW that this professor and him were never going to get along. There is blocked letters spelled out, ‘BIRD LOVER’.

 

He glared at him, pulling out a can of spray containing a decent scent that would hopefully destroy the fat man's reek self. He pulled up his shirt and covered his nose before spraying the professor boldly, surprising the elder man who reacted by falling on his . However, due to the force, the chips flew out of his hands and into the air before scattering all over poor Lay once more.

 

God be damned...

 

His eye twitched in fear before he shrieked when he realized the window was open. "I-I gotta get out of here!" His outburst caused his colleagues to share the same perplexed look. Soon enough, Lay gathered his stuff in a rush and made a dash out the door, stumbling into a blond girl. She fell on her , him following not long after.

 

“Apologies, young lady” He apologized before walking away, leaving the blonde girl to stay on the floor and watch his back minimize before vanishing. Little did he know, he would fall in love with the same girl. The young maiden which has been left on the tiled floor sent him an amused smile, quirking an eyebrow upward. She looked down at the potato chip which was left on her hand and took a bite.

 

“Thanks for the breakfast, I guess...”

 

-tXaejGqwh-jxgOC4APQmOKlpMW2Yyz-uftYqu1s

...Getting rid of the birds...

T

 

Kim Joon Myeon was said to be a gentleman, a genius and a kind-hearted fellow which anyone could depend on. He possessed the charisma and the fighting spirit of a leader. Each day of his very life, he lived up to those rumours. His parents had been proud of him, constantly praising him during their daily phone calls. Joon Myeon or, so he calls himself, Suho appreciated their support. He continued to aspire as the doctor he dreamed himself of being.

 

He didn’t understand, nor did he expect that that would happen. A fateful encounter, he called it. Every day he would bashfully smile silently at the memory on 25th April 2007.

 

That night happened to be the night of the graduates. He and his colleagues would graduate. He entered the course early, and because of his remarkable intellect, he managed to graduate just 2 years later. As the head of the student body, he was expected to be a representative, supplying a heartwarming speech and such.

 

Suho was never the type to toot his own horn, but he was excited for this opportunity. The modest man was thrilled and grateful for receiving such a high honor. His family had always been the very best of the best. His father, holding the title the first man in the world to solve a once incurable disease and his mother, the intelligent lawyer who had never lost a single case in her entire life.

 

He was proud of himself and his family. He would finally be able to carry on his family’s legacy and show the world his true abilities.

 

Suho grinned at his reflection in the mirror. Dressed in a respectable-looking suit adorned with a gray blazer with matching pants. He adjusted his tie and nervously smoothed his blazer. That’s odd… Am I… nervous?

 

He shakily sighed. It’s probably all the pressure, everyone’s expecting me to do my best. Meeting his reflection’s eyes, he shook his head softly. “That’s right. I should just calm down. Being nervous won’t help me one bit. So just… chill…”

 

“You don’t look all chill” He chuckled at the newcomer’s lack of enthusiasm who just decided to drop by. He smiled at him before making a move to hug him. The latter responded by hugging him back before pulling away, lazy smile on his lips. “Hiya, Suho-hyung”

 

“Kai, I thought you couldn’t make it.” Kai sent him a playful wink, sticking out a tongue as if he was trying to flirt with the man. But Suho knew better. Kai was 18, 2 years younger than him, but they had been the best of friends. He lived next door. The young boy had an amazing talent in dancing. Every time Kai was on the stage, Suho just couldn’t take his eyes off him. Suho couldn’t help but feel proud to be his friend.

 

“Come on, Suho-hyung. I wouldn’t miss your night for the whole world…” Smiling cutely, he pulled him into another hug. Suho always depended on Kai whenever he felt down. To Suho, Kai somehow just drained all the negativity from him. Their relationship was somewhat like a brotherhood.

 

Suho simply laughed and pulled him closer towards him. “So… I trust you came here to support me, right? Not just come along to flirt with my female colleagues?” He smirked haughtily in response.

 

“Oh come on, hyung… you know I would never do that to you… You’re way more important to me than some girl…” He nuzzled his nose in his shoulder. “... but that pretty blonde is gonna be there, right?”

 

Suho instantly pushed him off and raised an eyebrow incredulously. “You mean the chief’s daughter? Well, duh.”

 

“Awesome! I feel like we’re gonna get a REAL close encounter tonight!”

 

“We?”

 

“Yes, we! You, me, and that pretty blonde lady!”

ynI12slVZBGhh1kUElgSIsvUhgvjTDbJNGM0n57h

"...but that pretty blonde is gonna be there, right?"

 

T

 

Kyungsoo ran. He ran, kicking power into his legs and continued to sip through the school corridors. His lips forming into a wide smile. He swore that he was turning into Joker. But hell did he care! As he ran past students that were strolling along the corridors, he heard a few shrieks and murmurs. He supposed he surprised them. But who cares anymore! He finally finished it!

 

Yes! He finished it!

 

The ultimate weapon! The weapon to make her realize that he loved her, and that she should love him back if she wanted more! It took him all night to finish! But hell it was worth it! All that sweat, all that coffee, all those sleepless hours! All worth it!

 

Yes!

 

That’s right!

 

He had created the ultimate lunch box. The ultimate lunch box! With all her favorite foods; apples, broccoli, some onigiri (1) which he had successfully created perfectly, rice, and salmon. Each ingredient she absolutely loved. And he was just a flight of stairs away.

 

He gathered up his energy, panting like a madman, he handled those stairs like they were nothing. Defeating the blasted steps, he felt like a sorcerer. So close! So close to love! So close to a relationship! So close to marriage! Oh! He was so close!!

 

That is… until he tripped.

 

It felt like time had stopped. His eyes dramatically widened in surprise. His face grew gradually closer to the cemented steps of the stairs. His heart trembled in fear, they looked painful. Who knew stairs could be so… terrifying... ? His eye twitched, wondering why it took so long for the pain to come.

 

 

 

 

Even after a few seconds, he realized time really had stopped. He quickly pushed himself off and thanked God in his mind. He was giving him another chance! A chance to recover. Kyungsoo was grateful.

 

He took off in a dash once more, being more careful than before. It was then when he realized, just a step more. Just one more… step. Once he opened the door  to the roof, his eyes automatically adjusted themselves with the brightness outside.

 

“I LOVE YOU RINA! PLEASE ACCEPT THIS FROM MY HEART!” He shouted out, kneeling as he held out the lunch box… towards a blonde -who was clearly not Rina- and two confused young men who were clearly ditching class, just like Kyungsoo.

 

If only Kyungsoo opened his eyes…

uirJHgOx6qe0Ns16VkbH3CWWZ4lmd8ObiGsYnoWm

...running...

 

T

 

Today was supposed to be another dull and boring morning where he was forced to stay alive and live in this dull and colorless world. Yes, he had been completely aware of the fact that he had mentioned word dull twice. And no, it was not a writing error nor was it evidence that the author of this story had been feeling less creative in his words.

 

Where was he? Oh yes, a dull and boring morning in a dull and colorless world.

 

He never expected his clumsiness to suddenly unfold today and cause him to sink into a sea of embarrassment. However, it wasn’t as if he cared about the attention.

 

But he did care about the pain.

 

He didn’t know how it was possible but he managed to stumble on his own feet- BAM! - and fell face first on the cold tarred road.

 

As he lied there in my embarrassment, he heard the echoes of his schoolmates giggling and laughing at him.

 

As he lied there in shame, people walked on.

 

As he lied there in pain, the guy at the ice cream vendor shook his head at his antics.

 

As he lied there walloped in a dark hole called self-consciousness, nothing changed.

 

He didn’t move. He didn’t remove myself from the tarred road. Instead, he just lied there like a corpse, hoping for someone to step on him and kill him.

 

He never knew that day would be the day where God would be so generous to his wishes.

 

He felt an elephant step on his right ankle.

 

“Oww!” He cried out. Due to the weight of this particular person, he suspected it to be a male human from his weight; that or a girl in dire need of exercise. Even from his loud cry, the human did not move.

 

He looked up to her and barked out in anger. “HEY! YOU GONNA MOVE YOUR FOOT OR WHAT?!” His theory of the human being male had been wrong; it was just a blonde girl who looked heavier than he thought. But the thing that made him absolutely furious was that she had been wearing headphones as she buried her nose in a book. ‘Professional Writing for Dummies’ was written in bold on the front cover. The word Dummy doesn't even compare to what she is! He could tell that she couldn’t hear him since he could hear the song ‘Fine by me by Andy Grammer’ from down here even with the noise on the campus.

 

“OI!!”

 

She finally jumped in surprise, only to fall back on his knee and-- “AGHHHHHHHH!”

 

“OH MY GOD! I AM SO SORRY!” His frantic screams went on. Her headphones were pulled down and she kneeled to check on his knee. Since he had been too busy screaming in pain from the amount of force that had hit the back of my knee, he never realized the crowd of spectators that had begun to surround them.

 

The last words he heard before blacking out was his name;

 

“Isn't this that Chinese Transfer student, Chen?"

 

82-t85D4w9-aizPG2YqF2RbzJyOlQbSRAMEs8qjX

She finally jumped in surprise, only to fall back on his knee and-- "AGHHHHHHHH!"


 

T

 

“Yeolie, look, a cat” Baekhyun pointed upwards at the blue sky filled with white puffy clouds which looked like cotton buds.

 

“Isn’t that a demon? I mean, look at the horns and the scary face and all” The latter disagreed.

 

“... A demon, Yeolie? Seriously?”

 

“Cut it out, why the hell are you here, Baek?” The boy, for some reason, had been visiting him for the past few days with a lunch box in his palms and a warm smile on his lips. It was all a little creepy for someone who didn’t have to do this.

 

So, why hang around him?

 

“I wanted to keep you company during your stay in the hospital. I missed you” He grinned as he continued to push the injured boy on the wheelchair down on the pathway. Baekhyun had overheard Chanyeol's doctor speaking to him and his nurse about said patient needing more fresh air, and had automatically volunteered to bring him to the park downstairs for a little picnic.

 

And so, here they were, strolling around as they looked for a spot to stop and eat lunch.

 

In the small park, there were a few trees planted specifically at certain areas by the pathways. Looking past the brown bark, Chanyeol could see many patients relaxing in the warm and clean air of the outdoors. Him, being the curious one, tried it as well. He inhaled deeply, then smiled widely.

 

There was no stench of medicine or drugs. It was clean oxygen filling my lungs. The carbon dioxide left his body, then he inhaled again. The tall boy never thought that the feeling of clean air entering his respiratory system would be this good.

 

Baekhyun, who noticed his serene expression, smiled. “You look comfortable”

 

He nodded slowly at his comment and continued to take in the air. Baekhyun pushed him towards the fountain, where he saw the perfect spot to have our picnic. “There seems okay” Chanyeol pointed.

 

He nodded in agreement then made a speed-walking-dash towards the location the patient had selected. He stopped the wheelchair and let the handles go as the passenger put the brakes on.

 

Having nothing to do, Chanyeol decided to watch him pull out the picnic mat and set it down on the grass. He grabbed the basket and place it down. He arranged the food neatly around the basket. And when he was finally done, he looked up at him with a polite smile. “You wanna come down?”

 

“Yup” Baekhyun stood and helped Chanyeol down the wheelchair. He guided him to stand then put him down on the cloth.

 

“There we go” He let go of his hand then swiftly went to sit by his side, a good distance lingering between us. “Grapes?”

 

He grinned.

 

“You know me too well”

 

Later...

 

“Okay, fine, that one is a cat”

 

“It is, isn’t it?”

 

They finished off with lunch and packed up the leftover food. Since Chanyeol was still too lazy to leave, they decided to take their time in the nature. With their backs laid back on the mat, they laid side by side as they did some cloud watching to pass the time.

 

“Ooh, that one looks like the nurse!” Yeolie pointed at a particular cloud, and Baekhyun laughed.

 

“Oh my God, you’re right!”

 

They laughed together at the ironic cloud. Just a few months ago, Chanyeol had been extremely lonely. Suffering in the painful neglecting feeling which was left behind by his parents. He had no one to turn to. The people at school treated him like a king, not a friend. He was isolated. He couldn't trust anyone. Not anymore... then...

 

Chanyeol looked over at the grinning boy who laid next to him , his hair getting tangled with my own since they were a little too close. The mat hadn't been big at all, so they were forced to lie close.

 

"What is it, Yeolie?" He had been caught staring, and now Baekhyun was looking at him with a knowing smile. "And before you say anything, my uvula is not oddly shaped. The doctor told me that this morning"

 

He chuckled at the mention of his past insult.

 

"Nah, that's not it"

 

"Huh, then what is it?"

 

...

 

"Yeolie?"

 

...

 

"Thanks for being here, Baekhyun"

 

...

 

Baekhyun smiled when he hugged his torso and nuzzled in his chest, enjoying his warmth. He kindly returned the hug and brought him closer, making it like they were brothers.

 

"You're always welcome, Yeolie"

 

...

 

Their loving embrace was cut off when a perplexed looking blonde girl in the background suddenly said, "Why...? Why is it that everywhere I go there will be two men who will always act so freakin' gay? Why are there too many gays?! There are just... oh God, too many gays..."

 

pXsgI1stzRP3412_7qfGdupuo95Mey3MmBgaWF1U

Too many gays...

 

T

 

He pasted the last of the notice papers on the notice boards. That bastard Xiumin was slacking again. It was the student council Vice President's job to do these kind of things, not me! Tao was still busy with the paperwork which was still waiting for him on his desk in the student council room. Yes, Huang Zi Tao was part of the student council. Surprised? Hah, that's not even half of it. Did he mention that he was the President of the student council?

 

Xiumin was his pal whom was currently busy basking in the glory with that stupid PSP of his. Kim Minseok was the son of the chairman of Kim Industries; a very high and rich company that help supported the government. How Tao managed to become close acquaintances with him, you ask? That is none of your business! We’re friends, and we’re in the student council! That’s all you’re getting!

 

Tao was actually currently posting some notices about the upcoming finals. About when the test was and what time. He just hoped that people would actually pay attention to these kind of things.

 

He headed to the next notice board. On his way, the students who had been chilling by the corridor smiled and greeted him politely.

 

"Morning, Prez!"

 

“Have fun with the flyers”

 

He gave each of them a friendly smile and continued his journey. That was, until he spotted Xiumin by the corner. That stupid idiot was slacking, just as he thought! He was leaning at a corner of the corridor, playing away with his PSP. His eye twitched in annoyance, but he paid no mind for he had a mission; and it was to kick that loser out of the student council.

 

He stapled the notice on the notice board, a little ferociously too. He was pissed with that guy, lazy and stupid guy. He’d strangle him if he had the chance.

 

"Yo, Yoona." A guy with glasses greeted another guy who was behind him. He thought they were in his class, but he didn't really pay attention to them, he guessed. "I heard some guy confessed to you this morning. That's just cruel"

 

He blinked once. Yeah, he guessed that's rude, not cruel. He meant; if he confessed to someone whom he loved, then he'd be pretty hurt and traumatized. He'd actually kill myself because of the shame…

 

"W-What are you talking about? He was confessing to a girl named Rina, but he thought I was Rina! It was just a misunderstanding, Taeyeon..." The latter replied coolly. Dude, you're eavesdropping! No I'm not! They just came behind me and suddenly started talking. I just happened to be here, remember! Good excuse! I like it!! I swear, this person in my mind is an idiot. "Now I'm going to get more--"

 

"--watch out!!" He turned around in panic and all of a sudden,  he felt someone pushing him backwards, causing him to fall down the staircase and--

 

BAM!

 

...No Gif...

 

T

 

This is just an introduction, to how the boys met Yoona. And randomness. Do not fret. Next chapter shall be the true mask of horror… The true chapter to where you shall all witness utter nonsense and stupidity. Do not sue me if your IQ is somehow decreased…

 

If there is a grammatical error or careless mistakes, please do point out…

 

My reaction when:

 

There's a spelling or grammatical error

I have some good material

The above is not me

The below is me

When people comment

 

When there are haters

That is all everyone. Please comment! If you comment, more randomness will come your way!

Happy Deepavali!

WHAT IS ONIGIRI(1)?

O-nigiri, also known as o-musubi, nigirimeshi or rice ball, is a Japanese food made from white rice formed into triangular or cylinder shapes and often wrapped in seaweed

 

 

AT LEAST ACCORDING TO GOOGLE!