What a day

I Love You, Songsaengnim!

Yoona is busy checking the proposal for the upcoming school festival she promised to help her friend with, after all, as a twelve grader, she will graduate this year and it means that this will be her last festival in high school.

Yoona is checking the proposed event to be held on the day, the three days event. So there are bazaar, sports, and bla, bla that Yoona doesn’t care about. She is the senior in theater class, and the student council president was asking for her help to arrange few show for the opening and closing ceremony.

Well, Tiffany is her friend, so Yoona couldn’t say no.

“So how?” Tiffany asked “can you help me?”

“Yeah, sure.” Yoona shrugged “just tell me the detail about what kind of show or how long and how much show you wished from us.”

Tiffany nodded “thank you.” She smiled, earning light nod from her friend “a drama, or singing is fine.” She said “but I will give you the detail after the meeting with the student council member.”

“Sure.”

“..and I--..”

The door of the student council room opened, revealing the secretary of the student council walking inside. Thought she is one year younger than the two but attending same class for she enrolled school earlier, no doubt that she looks the most mature.

“..You are still here?” the tall girl asked.

Yoona looked up to her classmate, knowing she was talking to her “hmm?” her brows raised in curiousity.

“Sooyoung-songsaengnim is looking for you though? Didn’t you know?”

Yoona’s eyes widened “oh my god!” she swiftly stood up, remembering her meeting with her teacher to discuss about, well she supposed that it is about the tutoring.

“She is in the teacher office.”

“Okay, I need to go now!” Yoona walked to the door with increased pace, turning around only to say “bye Tiff, thank you Seo!” and leaving after.

Tiffany shook her head with a small smile before she looked up to the tall brunette “Seohyun, have you see the proposal?”

“Oh, for the school festival? I did.” Seohyun replied, sitting next to Tiffany, the seat the were to be occupied by Yoona earlier “and I had made some notes.” She said, taking out her note book.

Tiffany smiled to herself. She expected it from Seohyun though. She can always rely on this girl. It is clearly her best decision to have Seohyun as the secretary of student council.

“Yes, if you are ready, we can start discussing now before they come.” Tiffany said, mentioning the rest of their crew.

“Yes, let me start from the opening ceremony...”

Well, yeah, of course Seohyun is always ready.

-----

 

Yoona knocked the teacher office’s door twice before she open the door.

The large room seems so quiet. Yoona noticed the only three seats that occupied this early morning, including her new teacher.

The room is filled with seats and tables for each teachers and divided by small wooden screens. And there is a small set of couch in one of the corner of the room for guests or student’s parents who come and want to talk to teachers.

So yeah, Yoona may not come here often, but she can already placed where every teachers seated. Though, she still hate this room.

It is very easy to spot the teacher who is responsible for her class. New teacher, young, and beautiful.

Yoona’s mind wondered. With that kind of body and face which are been looking in entertainer industry, her teacher seems to take lightly of her appearance. Too bad. She will totally have a lot of fanboys and fangirls who are worshipping with that kind of appearance. Heck, Yoona even knows that there is a fan club for her teacher in her school, well, her and the other new teacher.

Yoona is walking quietly to her teacher’s seat. The other teacher are too busy engrossed with their business to even take a look.

“Good morning, songsaengnim.” Yoona greeted politely.

The tall beautiful teacher gave a small smile “take a seat.” Which Yoona complied.

“You are late.”

Yoona nodded, silently sighing. Yes, 15 minutes late. She was supposed to meet her teacher with Seohyun earlier for only both of them who need the private tutoring for English lesson.

“..I am sorry, Sooyoung-songsaengnim,” Yoona said “I forgot about the meeting,” she added “so I went to meet Tiffany earlier.”

Sooyoung nodded, doesn’t ask more detail, so Yoona took it as the teacher knew who Tiffany is.

“So, about your study.” Sooyoung said, straight to the point as she folded her arms on the table, watching her student. Yoona feels weirdly bothered under her teacher’s gaze, but having a strong urge to maintain their eye contact “I see you need help with your English lesson. Though, I can’t say that your score in other subjects are satisfying.”

Yoona sighed silently, defeated. It was her fault to be too occupied with her hobby in the theater department.

“If you want to attend college, you need to work harder.”

Yoona doesn’t say a word. She has no plan yet about that though. And she is curently busy, to study her teacher features.

Sooyoung-songsaengnim has beautiful eyes. They are big and warm, and Yoona would love to have that pretty eyelashes. That cheekbones are cute, making her teacher seems younger than she is. Wait, how old her teacher is? Is she in her early twenties?

Her hair is tied in ponytail. Yoona bet that her teacher is more beautiful with her hair down. Wait, she is already beautiful, and--..

“Im Yoona?”

Yoona a deep breath, startled when her teacher called her name. What the hell? Did she just think her teacher is beautiful?

“Ye—yes, songsaengnim?”

“I think for now, for your tutoring, let’s meet twice a week after school.”

“Twice?”

“Yes. Can you make it in Monday and Friday after school?”

“I have theater practice in Monday, songsaengnim.” Yoona said “and..” she paused, hesitant “...Seohyun and I don’t do the tutoring together?”

“So, Tuesday then.” Sooyoung said, writing something on her notes “..no, Seohyun has hers on Wednesday.”

Yoona’s brows creased softly “just once a week?”

Sooyoung closed her note, before again, she folded her arms on the table and looking up at her student “yes.”

Then why does I have it twice as much? it was on the tip of Yoona’s tongue, but before she can ask, Sooyoung already replied “you need more than she does.”

Yoona has her lips closed tightly, turning to her side, evidently annoyed by her teacher’s one sided decision which seem to favor Seohyun.

Sooyoung sighed silently, but she leaned closer “..Yoona..” she called softly to get the girl to look at her and their eyes meet.

Yoona’s expression softened immediatelly, and instead that sharp brown orbs, she is greeted by the pair of warm eyes. It feels like her breath caught in , and her inside feels like they forget to functioning, her face suddenly feels hot.

“..I don’t know what you want to become, or maybe you haven’t even found out yourself.” She said softly “but when you do, and you need to attend college for it, I want you to be able to attend the best you wished for.” Sooyoung said “..I assured you, it will be only for temporary, when your study is developing, you will meet me less, and less.” She smiled.

Yoona is frozen. Her heart beats are increasing, and going louder that it is the only thing she hears right now.

Sooyoung-songsaengnim has a beautiful smile.

“..Yoona?” Sooyoung keeps her small smile, tilting her head lightly.

For a second, Yoona feels her heart stops beating.

“So, okay?”

“Ye—yes..” Yoona nodded awkwardly, swiftly turned her gaze somewhere other than her teacher’s eyes.

Sooyoung smiled, pulling back on her seat “you can prepare for your class.”

Yoona nodded robotically, standing up, and walking out from the office as fast as she can.

As soon as the door closed, Yoona leaned on the wall beside the door. Her heart beat is gradually becoming calmer and calmer. She closed her eyes, and the image of her smiling teacher comes into her head which Yoona swiftly shook it off.

Of course her teacher is attractive, but again, she is her teacher. It is totally nonsense to have feeling for her teacher.

Yoona scoffed. Right, obviously, she is super nervous being in the teacher room and only wanted to go out as soon as she can.  Whatever happened there, totally have nothing to do with the teacher.

Right, obviously not.

-----

 

Yuri is cursing silently under her breath, annoyed with the fact that she should walk early in the morning to school. Too bad she should left her car in the workshop.

Sure, out of all possession she had, Yuri can not live without her Lexus.

Right, Yuri smirked. She must be the most cool teacher in the school who is coming with a cool car.

After her accident which forced her to lose her dream and her wealth, Yuri barely survived for she lost almost everything she owned. But she still kept her car, working whatever she can to keep her baby.

So, Yuri may live in a small apartment, the cheapest she could afford, but for her car, she will do anything to keep her baby alive, and healthy.

Oh, wait. Yuri doesn’t even care about a place to sleep at all, and food to be exact. She could only come to the night club every now and then, paying a girl for their drink, and viola! She would wake up sometimes in a hotel, expensive hotel, or better, a big house. And she would be treated with breakfast, or lunch if they were too busy to have both.

Up to this day, maybe she barely even sleep at her one room apartment. There are barely furniture there.

So yeah, food and place to sleep are not exactly Yuri’s concern right now.

Right, talking about nightclub, it has been almost a week since Yuri saw that girl. The blonde student of hers was leaving right after her introduction class, and Yuri has no excuse to call the girl. Well, she doesn’t want to raise suspicion around, right?

Jessica Jung.

Damn, she would be in a big trouble if Taeyeon found out about that.

But hey, it wan’t completely her fault, Jessica must be using fake ID. And it may be not the first nor last, that Jessica visited that kind of place.

Okay, they slept together. Once, if Yuri can recalled. It wasn’t such a big deal, was it? Well, okay, maybe only the fact that Jessica is her student, which is a disaster!! She could be even imprisoned to sleep with an underage.

What a misfortune.

But Jessica doesn’t seem to take a serious concern over , which on her age, she should.

Yuri sighed, kicking small pebbles mindlessly, before her eyes fell to a certain blonde girl who is walking steps away from her.

Oh, it couldn’t be that fate is playing trick, could it? Maybe it is an opportunity to get clear about what happened. And she can maybe acting like a good teacher and give the girl a little bit of wise advice.

Yuri fastened her speed, until she is walking side by side with her student.

“Good morning, Jessica.” She smiled, walking calmly as she didn’t run after the girl.

“Morning.” Jessica coldly replied.

Yuri rolled her eyes silently. What a brat.

“I didn’t pegged you as a walker.” Yuri said “something happened to your car? Or driver?” Yuri tried to be friendly.

Sure, driving the call by herself with her age to the school can cause her trouble, at least in her school uniform though.

“My driver is sick.” Jessica answered.

“Oh, I see.” Yuri replied “..How about your parents?”

“Busy.”

“Oh, then, why don’t you walk with your friends?”

Jessica silently sighed. It is evident that she doesn’t like conversation “I prefer to be alone.”

Yuri shook her head. Having a warm friendly conversation doesn’t seem to do the trick for this certain girl.

“..umm, look..” Yuri spoke softly “we haven’t had the chance to talk about what happened.” She hasitated before she spoke. First, she doesn’t want to risk her career for she doesn’t have that much option curently. Second, she needed to talk to know if this student of hers may or may not damage her reputation worse. And last, Yuri thinks maybe this can be a chance to get to know about teenagers nowdays “..so, I think--..”

Jessica doesn’t even bother to hide her annoyance with a sigh. She stopped in her track, facing her teacher “look, songsaengnim.” She called “if you want to talk about that time we slept together, get over it. You don’t have to pretent that you care just because we had .”

Yuri is taken speechless by Jessica’s bluntness and impoliteness.

“That mean nothing for me. And I supposed it means nothing for you too, wasn’t it?”

Yuri opened , but before she can say a word, Jessica spoke again “..it was just .” She said “I don’t even remember anything about it.”

Yuri groaned silently. She is the adult here. “Look, Jessica. You are not supposed to treat both people elder from you, and yourself like that.” She said “give more respect.” She said sternly.

But it doesn’t seem to have effect on Jessica.

“So what if I don’t.” Jessica spoke “I won’t even talk to people if they don’t bother me annoyingly.” She said, leaving Yuri wordless again. Did Jessica really call her annoying on her face? “and this is my body, my decision, my bussiness.” She added “clearly, nobody can tell me what to do.”

“What the hell!” Yuri cursed, she knows she shouldn’t “do you always talk like this?”

Jessica is staring back coldly.

“What do you think will you get if the school is aware of what you have been doing at the night club?”

Jessica scoffed “like you will tell.” She said “how will you answer if they asked you about how you know about it?”

Yuri opened again, nothing but air comes out.

“..right, the report you will get in your history doesn’t seem good for you career, isn’t it?”

“You--...”

“Look, songsaengnim, I will make it clear.” Jessica cut “I don’t care about whatever the hell happened.” She said “I won’t bother your life, so I expect you to do the same with mine.” And without waiting for another reply from the teacher, Jessica turned around, and continue to walk to her school, leaving Yuri standing wordless, having worse day than she already is.

-----

 

Seohyun asked for permission for a few minutes from the student council meeting. They are curently brainstorming about the bazaar detail when she asked for the toilet break.

There are actually two toilet stalls both for girls and boys on two sides of the school. Each toilet has few booths for multiple student at once and are separated between for boys and for girls. But instead of going to the nearest stall from the student council room, Seohyun walked all the way to the other side of the school.

Seohyun is walking quietly, enjoying the morning air. She checked her watch and sighed as quiet when she realized that she is late and it classes are going to start soon.

Seohyun is walking to the side building. There are few rooms there, most of it are used for student’s after school activity.

And Seohyun knows very well about where she is going. She went to this room almost every day. Quietly, Seohyun is walking inside the theater room, sneaking from the side stage, and as expected, there is her teacher on the center, doing her usual dance practice.

Right, of course she meets the young woman often. Kim Hyoyeon happened to be her dance instructor at the art club she is attending three times a week or more. Seohyun is lucky to be able to see the woman she admire almost every time, either by morning to the day at the school, or after that at the art club.

Hyoyeon is her dancing tutor in the art club where Seohyun takes lesson for dancing and singing which is coached by other tutor, Kwon Boa.

Seohyun leaned her body on the wall, arms folded on her chest. She always loves to watch her teacher dancing. It is as if she is born to dance.

The beat from the music is fast and loud, but Seohyun can only hear her increasing hearbeat. She is always excited to have the sight of her teacher when she is dancing. For once, the stage seems to belong to the young woman, and Seohyun is sure that if the theater is full with audience, every single of them will be in awe, just like her.

Not even a second Seohyun turned her eyes from the performance. A small smile appeared on her face. It feels nice just to watch the woman dance. It must feel way better to stand together on the same stage. The thought sounded ridiculous and comforting at the same time.

“Seo?”

Seohyun is startled when she heard her name “..oo-oh.. song—songsaengnim..” Seohyun bowed lightly, blushing slightly for getting caught up watching her teacher, she must’ve been too lost that she doesn’t aware that the song has come to the end.

Hyoyeon smiled “..how long have you been there?” she asked, wiping sweats from her face and neck “your class should have been started by now.”

Seohyun nodded. This is not the first time she was caught watching, she has been doing this almost every morning for almost two years, but usually, she can come up with make sense excuses. She is just not prepared today.

“..oh, just checking..” Seohyun replied.

Hyoyeon’s brows creased. But she didn’t ask for more, smiling she spoke “do you have anything to do today? Should I waiting for you at home so we can go to the club together? We seldom have lunch together.”

Seohyun is grateful that she had a chance to be so close with the person she admire. She first met Hyoyeon when she was in elementary, and she joined the club in second year of junior high. Seohyun’s parents moved to US when she enrolled senior high school. And since she refused to come with her parents, obviously after a lot of efforts, Seohyun was finally allowed to stay in Seoul, as long as she stays with Hyoyeon, a good friend of Seohyun’s mom.

“..oh, sure..” Seohyun smiled, remembering that she saw the young woman a lot more out than in their home.

“Okay then,” Hyoyeon smiled, but her brows knitted.

Seohyun is staring back in confusion.

“..just for information,” her teacher said “I think you are already late for class.”

Seohyun’s eyes widened “I—I have to leave now! have a nice day, songsaengnim!” she bowed politely and storming out from the theater room without waiting for reply. She can be late, she never did.

Hyoyeon chuckled, shaking her head lightly. Any normal student will make that as an excuse to take a leave for a class or even more. But not Seohyun.

-----

 

Tiffany is on her way to her class. The hall is empty, evidently, classes already started. Luckily, Tiffany already asked her teacher for permission to be late for her student council meeting. The other member did the same. And since they are busy over the school’s festival, their teacher were gladly allowed them to.

Too bad headmistress Kim is not around. Tiffany sighed quietly.

The petite headmistress is not easy to find around the school. She is mostly in her office doing paper works or not at the school attending some meeting with the board directors.

Tiffany sighed again, head bending down as she kicked imaginary pebbles along her path. Something feels wrong when she didn’t see the woman she admire for a day. She is a little bit dissapointed though.

Tiffany is busy with her thought when she accidentally bumped into someone, causing them both to fall seated on the floor.

“..ouch..” Tiffany rubbed her temple, taking a peak to know who is bumping with her, and her eyes widened in horror almost immediatelly.

“Oh my--!” Tiffany swiftly stood on her knees “I—I am really sorry, headmistress Kim!!” Tiffany bowed, swiftly helping the lady to collect the scattered papers on the floor.

After Tiffany handed the papers to her headmistress, Tiffany stayed on her knees, looking down still, not daring to lift her face.

Tiffany hears chuckles a second after.

“It is fine, Tiffany.” Kim Taeyeon said “stand up.”

“Ye-yes!” Tiffany replied, swiftly standing with her head still bended down.

Taeyeon smiled slightly “sorry, I was too occupied with my phone, I am waiting an important call.” She said.

“...No—no! I am—I am really sorry!!” Tiffany replied guiltyly “headmistress Kim, it is my fault, I don’t see my way.”

“Okay.” The petite lady nodded, doesn’t like to go around telling who are at fault “shouldn’t you be at class?”

“Oh, I—I have a meeting with the student council a-about the school festival..”

Taeyeon nodded “oh,” she smiled “then, I will go now.” she said, she is actually in a hurry.

“Ye—yes, mam..” Tiffany said “..again, I—I am sorry..”

“Okay,” Taeyeon nodded smiling. She took her leave, but after her third steps, she turned around “Tiffany?”

Tiffany’s body suddenly stiffen, turning around “ye—yes?”

“Before I forgot,” Taeyeon said, hesitant at first before she added “..I have something important to attend this Sunday, and Sunmi’s daycare only for weekdays.” She said “so, would you mind babysitting her on Sunday?”

Tiffany’s eyes lighted up, her heart jumped in excitement. Does this mean that she is able to see the young woman on Sunday too?

“Of course, if you have your own--..”

“No—No, mam!” Tiffany eagerly cut, even so surpised at herself for her loudness and the fact that she just cut her teacher’s word “..I—I am sorry..” she swiftly apologize “..I—I don’t have anything to do.” She said again “so I can babysit Sunmi then.”

The petite lady chuckled.

Tiffany’s heart thumped and her breathing caught in .

“..okay then,” the headmistress said “I will leave now, see you on Sunday.”

Tiffany bit her tongue for another loud and excited yes.

But as soon as she saw the lady hurriedly away from the hall, out from the building, Tiffany jumped in joy, giggled by herself later.

What a good day!