Fate

I Love You, Songsaengnim!

*Knock*Knock

“Come in.”

The door of the headmistress office was wide open, revealing a brunette walking into the office.

“...go—good morning, Headmistress Kim..” the greetings come in faint whisper.

Kim Taeyeon looked up from her paperwork though her spectacles, only to find a familiar student.

“How can I help you today, Tiffany-shi?” Taeyeon spoke. It wasn’t that hard to remember a student’s name after uncountable meetings.

“..Umm.. it—it seems like Raina-songsaengnim has called in sick to-today..” Tiffany stuttered, and for some reason, she is sweating while her white skin from face to ears turn slightly red.

“Ah..” the headmistress nodded understandingly “I will fill in.” She said, this is one of the reason of why she needs a couples more teachers.

Unpredictably, some teachers are resigning for various reasons, starting from maternal leaving, joining husband to another city or even country, and two of her teachers are hospitalized.

It is really an understatement if none of the teachers are available.

Despite the nervousness, it wasn’t actually the first time the school president is here though. Ever since she was assigned as the 3A class president, her job has doubled, mostly because she is good and responsible for her job.

Unlike the other two classes which is most likely to go wild and party over the absence of a teacher, Tiffany has made sure that her class is served of what they deserved, or that’s how she would call it.

Tiffany will usually visit the teacher’s office first, as how she was told. And if no teacher is available, she will come to the headmistress’s office.

And Tiffany always prays for the later.

Taeyeon is busy rummaging on her tall wooden cabinet, looking for a history book for third grader, for high schoold third grader obviously.

“Oh, sorry.” Taeyeon spoke when she spot the nervous school president is still standing in her office “please take a seat.” She said “I need to know what did the last thing Raina-songsaengnim taught in your class.”

“Ah—ah.. ye-yes..” Tiffany stuttered, sitting on the chair across Headmistress Kim’s.

“Hmm..” Taeyeon took the book when she finds the right one, walking to her seat back.

As the headmistress, Taeyeon always prepared for things, including being in charge when no teacher to fill a class. It was the same thing for other teacher though.

Taeyeon is pretty strict with rules, and she made sure that all the staffs, teachers, and definitely students are following the school’s rules.

“So, since it is just the second week of the new semester, I guess she hasn’t been to far?”

“Um.. ye-yes, Headmistress Kim.”

“I see.” Taeyeon nodded, flipping through pages “have you done chapter one?”

“Ju-just section one, Headmistress Kim..”

“Okay..” Taeyeon looked up, only making the young girl fidgeting under her stare.

Of course Taeyeon finds it rather weird that the girl is so uncomfortable and nervous with her. But anyway, concluding that it may be just because she is the headmistress and people are pretty much respect her. Taeyeon shrugged it off.

“Did Raina-songsaengnim give your class assignment?”

“Ye—yes.. we—we.. were told to—to read section two and section three..”

“Hmm.. okay..” Taeyeon nodded “you may go back to your class now..” she said “I will be there in 10 minutes..”

“Yes, Headmistress Kim..” Tiffany nodded, standing quickly from her seat “tha-thank you..” she politely bowed.

The door shut after Tiffany left, leaving the petite woman busy scanning the text, something she would do a lot years ago.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the door, leaning Tiffany Hwang with her eyes closed, hands on her chest, feeling her pounding heart.

A small crossed her lips.

It is a rare opportunity to meet someone she admires like, forever.

Tiffany bit her lower lip in excitement as she can’t contain her happiness any longer.

Meeting the headmistress has always been a pleasure, but talking to the woman she looked up to has been always more than that.

She always finds the headmistress Kim is cool, and wise, smart, and even beautiful. And she has always keep in mind that she will be just like her later. She will.

Tiffany is skipping along the corridor to her class happily, and only trying to maintain her image with calm posture and small smile when other students are greeting her. She has still need to remember that she is the school’s president.

“Class!!” Tiffany announced “Headmistress Kim will be here in a moment!” she added only when another 28 pairs of lips are already shut.

“What?! Is she serious?”

“Really?! Why did she need to ruin it?!”

“Gezz, I always like Headmistress Kim over Raina-songsaengnim.”

There are sequences of protests and agreements coming from students, but Tiffany could care less.

Sitting on the first row, Tiffany has already seated herself where she could listen to the teaching later.

What a really good day.

-----

 

“So, class!” Eunhee-songsaengnim said through the class “Sooyoung-songsaengnim will replace me starting today, and will be your teacher for English, as well as the responsible teacher for class 3C.” She added “so if you have any problem or difficulties, you may come to Sooyoung-songsaengnim.” She smiled “any question?”

The class start to get noisy and Eunhee-songsaengnim managed to silence them before she left.

Sooyoung took a deep breath before she walked to her desk, putting her bag, giving a smile before she spoke “okay, let’s start the class.”

Sooyoung has used her two hours of her first teaching to get to know her students more. Well, maybe for starter, she paid more attention to the two students Eunhee songsaengnim has told her to look after.

After all, being the third grade of Senior high school students, they are going to face their final exam sooner, and as well college test entrance.

Sooyoung wants to make sure that they all passed unconditionally.

Taking a deep breath after her get-to-know each other session and a discussion included her teaching method, overall material for the class, and so on, Sooyoung look up with a smile when the School’s bell rang, and students cheered in happiness.

“And class,” Sooyoung spoke “student with the name of Im Yoona and Seo Ju Hyun,” she said “I would like you both to stay for a while please.”

Instantly, one woman who seems to likely almost running to the door is sitting back to her seat with a groan. The other student in ponytail doesn’t seem bothered much.

Sooyoung had learned their name, well, some of it, and at least she had to remember those two.

In no time, the class was left empty, except for the teacher and two students who are asked to stay.

“I had the report of your academic transkrip since first grade of high school.” Sooyoung spoke, standing in front of the class, with Junhyun on the first row and Yoona by the very back and corner “and I had a little disscussion with your Eunhee-songsaenim.”

“I had gone throughly with your academic development, especially in English.” The tall teacher said “it turned out that somehow, there is nothing we can call development, isn’t it?”

Yoona is obviously already groaned in annoyance. Oh, she knows where this is heading, and she is aware that she is not going to like it.

However, Junhyun seems to be pretty calm and composed.

“And with the final exam is coming closer,” Sooyoung said “I am suggesting private tutoring for both of you, twice a week... for now.”

“What?!” Yoona sighed in annoyance “with all respect songsaengnim--...”

“Especially you, Im Yoona.”

The so called girl groaned, but staying wordless.

“I want you both to stay after school hour every Wednesday and Saturday,” Sooyoung said “we will study here.”

Yoona doesn’t even bothered to hide her disagreement, but she keeps silent.

“Any question?”

None of the two girls delivered any “so, you may go home.” She said, and instantly Yoona doesn’t even waiting for another permission that she fled right away.

“Juhyun,” Sooyoung called the girl who is still shoving her books inside her bag.

Seo Juhyun is looking up to her teacher, giving a small smile with questioned look “yes, Songsaengnim?”

Sooyoung waited for seconds before she spoke “do you have anything you wanted to say? About the tutoring.”

Juhyun smiled “I am okay with the tutoring, songsaengnim.” She replied “I will diligently study to develop my English.”

Sooyoung nodded.

“Im Yoona is obviously needing this tutoring if she doesn’t want to fail her final exam.” Eunhee songsaengnim said “however, I have been keeping up with Seo Juhyun’s academic result, and to tell you the truth, she has been doing a really good job, until she started falling since the second semester of the second grade of high school.” the teacher said “I have been trying to ask the kid, but so far, she doesn’t want to say anything about it.”

Sooyoung nodded quietly “okay, Juhyun, if you need someone to talk to, you know where to find me.”

Juhyun is quiet before she gave another smile “ne, songsaengnim.” She said “please excuse me.”

Sooyoung smiled, nodding, watching her class in emptiness.

Fine, first day done pretty damn well.

A smile formed on her lips.

It will be fine for later, it obviously will.

-----

 

Taeyeon is finally home after long hours of work.

Getting through the front door, Taeyeon walked to the living room, slumped into the comfortable couch with her eyes closed.

She is honestly tired.

As the school headmistress, Taeyeon has a lot of responsible. And until now, none of that has been done without mistake.

Taeyeon is a high responsible being. She learn it from her parents. And Taeyeon has been trusted with a lot of things.

She was the school’s president back in senior high, she was the student council in university, and Taeyeon was even granted with scholarship back in the university by her excellent academic result.

Taeyeon started her career as a teacher in the very same school she is working now. And by the following years, with her outstanding ability and experience, Taeyeon was voted to become the school’s headmistress.

It was just a talk she heard twice or so from a close friend of hers in the committe, but there is a news that she is currently in talk for one of the seat for the school’s board.

Taeyeon doesn’t want to get her hope too high. She knows failure brings her to great dissapointment, and she always has a hard time for getting through those kind of situation. But she has to admit, if she got the chance, she will gladly take the big step. She is always ready.

“Mommy!!!” a child voice burst Taeyeon’s bubbles of thoughs.

With a smile where all her exhaustion dissapeared, Taeyeon catchs the sight of the piece of herself when a five years old girl is running with soft giggles and jumped on Taeyeon’s lap.

Following after, a middle age lady in brown hair with a small smile, standing by the couch’s side.

“Mommy!! I miss you!!” the little girl said excitedly, giving a big hugs with her little arms.

“Mommy miss you too!” Taeyeon giggled, returning the hug as tight.

The little kid pouted when she is missing something “where is aunt Soo?”

Taeyeon’s left brow raised “I thought you missed mommy only?”

“Mommy,” the kid whined “you promised that you will bring aunt Soo home!”

“She has something to do.” Taeyeon gently caressing the kid’s cheek, the frown only gets deeper, and Taeyeon chuckled before she said “but guess what, I will let you give aunt Soo a call later, so you can invite her personally to your tea party.” She said “how’s about that?”

The little kid grinned “Yei!” she yelled happily “can I call aunt Soo now?”

“Sure.” Taeyeon smiled with the cute bahaviour of her only daughter. She doesn’t even want to imagine her seventeen years old baby in a date in following years.

Taeyeon had to admit, she may be a good mother, but that cousin of hers knows exactly how to get the love of kids, her daughter, in matter of minutes.

Now, Sunmi doesn’t even stop talking about the tall young woman.

Taeyeon took her phone from her bag, and she dialled her cousin’s number. It is after she hears her cousin’s voice, Taeyeon spoke “..Sunmi wants to talk,” before she gave the phone to the chubby little girl, and she even managed to whisper “and yeah, baby, tell aunt Soo to sleep over, okay?” which was replied with the bright round eyes and equally naughty grin.

A smile forming on Taeyeon’s face. Taeyeon knows that her cousin won’t say no to her little angel.

“..ah, Mrs.Kim.” the young woman who is still standing, spoke “umm, are you busy? Can we talk? There is something I need to tell you.” She said carefully.

“Oh, sure,” Taeyeon smiled “I honestly wish that it has nothing to do with resign, aunt Lee.”

However, Taeyeon is replied with an apologetic smile “I have to move with my husband where his job takes him.”

“..I know it.” Taeyeon sighed, but giving her best smile despite the fact that she got something to deal “it is really okay, aunt Lee. I will find someone to take care of Sunmi.” She caressed the little girl’s hair gently while the girl is still busy giggling on phone “but, please, can you give me some time?”

“I know how hard it is to be a single parent.” Mrs.Lee said with a small smile “Sunmi is really an angel.”

“I know.” Taeyeon smiled knowingly. She knows Sunmi is.

“..the notice from the factory where my husband works is really so sudden.” The old lady said “however, do you mind if I suggest another person to babysit Sunmi?”

“Hmm?”

“Oh, you know I am living in the apartment in the neighbourhood.” The old woman said “I know someone who is looking for a job, and I ask if she is mind babysitting.”

Taeyeon gave another hum. Actually, she knows the old lady from a friend, and she trust the woman with her kid based on what she sees and what she heard. And letting a stranger to take care of her only daughter is somehow worried her.

“The girl is a high school student.” Aunt Lee answered Taeyeon’s unspoken question “she is living by herself since her parent is overseas,” she said “she is a good kid, I assured you.” She said “I know her for some time now, and she is really nice.”

“However, if you by any chance would love to looking for another babysitter for Sunmi, I won’t offer her the job.” The old lady smiled “it is just that I don’t think that I can stay for too long since my husband and I are decided to start moving by the end of the week.”

Taeyeon sighed. Where should she look for another babysitter in such a short notice.

“Or you may want to give the girl a chance?” the old lady suggested “and if you find someone, you can replace her?”

Taeyeon is considering. Well, not that she has so much choices by now.

With a smile, Taeyeon nodded “that will be fine, aunt Lee.”