Fighting

I Love You, Songsaengnim!

It is a fine Saturday morning. Today is supposed to be the day Tiffany meets someone who was said want to employ her.

Honestly speaking, Tiffany doesn’t need a job at all.

The latter’s parent who are living in California are making sure to keep tabs on their youngest girl and provided the girl with anything she needs.

Tiffany’s parent are paying for the girl’s school, paying the apartment rent where Tiffany is living, giving monthly allowance which even more than the latter needs sometimes, and always available if Tiffany asked for more if there were urgent spending.

So frankly, Tiffany doesn’t need more.

Being the youngest child from three, Tiffany is treated like the family’s little princess.

She has been given everything she wants, and everything she asked for.

She was spoiled but she grew to understand that life will not get easy on her just because she is the youngest from her family. Not even because she is a girl.

That is why Tiffany decided to enroll a high school far from her parents, and Korea Become her final decision.

Obviously, the idea was greatly opposed by her family for her parents could not let their little girl far away from their sight.

But Tiffany always have what she wished for. She always did.

So Tiffany was sent to Seoul for attending high school after uncountable advice from her parents, especially her mother, and even slipping any attempt to change the brunette’s mind.

Tiffany doesn’t want to lean on her parents too much. And she decided that little by little she should take care of her own responsibility, just like how she is doing at school.

Tiffany is doing really great in her school, and so far, being the school’s council president is her highest achievment.

That the reason Tiffany decided to look for a job. She can start from a small job like babysitting. How hard could it be anyway.

Aunt Lee, who is living two doors from her apartment were said to have a job for her. A single parent with a four years and half baby girl need a help to baby sit the little girl.

Tiffany want to earn on her own, and she can start by now.

A smile crept on her face.

Right, just like headmaster Kim, the woman she wanted to be, the woman she admire for so long.

Tiffany can’t countain her happiness just when the image of her idol comes into her head. Skipping her steps with light jumpy step, Tiffany arrived in front of the house of her soon to be employee.

Taking a deep breath, Tiffany knocked the door, putting her best smile to give a good impression.

Only to get it dissapeared in second when the door opened and revealing a lady she knows so well.

Confident is always Tiffany’s strong point, but never when there is this woman in front of her. Tiffany knows well that the moment open, nothing comes but thin air.

-----

 

Tiffany is sitting anxiously on the couch in the living room with the so called headmaster Kim and the little girl, listening to the job description and the rule needed to apply to the little Sunmi.

So, Headmistress Kim was married.

But it seems like nothing stuck inside the young girl’s head as she is busy wondering what happened to the marriage, and all her curiousity.

Tiffany has never been taking care a kid before. She is the youngest, and none of her sister and brother has been married, but how hard it could be to take care a four year old?

Tiffany glanced on the side, where little Sunmi is sitting beside her mother. She is calm and composed. The little kid doesn’t scream trouble for her.

“So, I had put everything about Sunmi in here.” Taeyeon reached out her hand with a book on her grip “everything from her daily schedule, day care’s schedule, meals, snacks, naps, foods she is not allowed to eat and so on.” Taeyeon explained, giving a smile to the stiff awkward Tiffany “if there is anything you need to ask, feel free to do so.”

“Su-sure, headmistress Kim..” Tiffany nodded awkwardly.

Taeyeon chuckled softly “oh, Headmistress is what I am at school.” Taeyeon said “you can call me something like unnie outside.” But the latter still avoided Taeyeon’s eyes uncomfortably “or Mrs?” Taeyeon suggested. At least, it is less formal from headmistress at home.

“Su-sure, Mrs.Kim.”

Taeyeon nodded again “and, ah, I supposed aunt Lee already told you to start up today?” she asked “I have a plan today, and I expect someone to take care of Sunmi.”

“Ye-yes, Mrs.Kim.”

“..and today--...”

A buzzing bell cut Taeyeon’s word “ah, she is here.”

Tiffany’s brows creased in confused.

“Excuse me.” Taeyeon stood up, followed by the sudden lighted up Sunmi to the front door.

Tiffany hears greetings and cheering exchanged before another tall girl stepped into the living room with Sunmi already in her embrace.

Only to be surprised again, to see her so called new teacher.

“..Soo—sooyoung-songsaengnim!” Tiffany hastilly stood up to give a bow.

Sooyoung’s brows creased before she gives her student a smile “hello too, hmm..”

“Tiffany Hwang.” The school council president helped.

Sooyoung nodded.

“Sooyoung is my cousin.” Taeyeon explained “she promised Sunmi to come to her tea party today.”

Tiffany nodded.

Actually, Taeyeon asked a favor from her cousin to keep an eye to her new babysitter. Taeyeon doesn’t trust people easily, and she needs to make sure that her little angel is taking care good.

So Taeyeon asked Sooyoung to watch the new babysitter for a day to tell her whether if hiring the new girl will be good or not.

And still, Sooyoung has to attend her tea party. She promised. Sooyoung never said no to Sunmi.

“Ah,” Taeyeon glanced on her watch “I have to go now.” She took her bag, leaning to give a goodbye peck on Sunmi’s lips, and one on her cousin’s cheek “behave.” She said, meaning for both.

Sunmi giggled, clapping her hands joyfully with the presence of her favorite aunt.

Giving a smile to Tiffany, Taeyeon left after.

“..so, guess what aunt Soo bring today?” Sooyoung opened her small travel bag that she slumped on her shoulder, she promised to sleep over too, and taking Sunmi’s favorite treat in few small plastic bag with ribbon, and several sweets.

“Cookies and gummy bear!!” Sunmi happily took all to her embrace, giving her favorite aunt pecks here and there.

Sooyoung giggled “so, should we go and play?”

Sunmi pouted, earning another giggles from Sooyoung “right, I am sorry. Mrs.Kim,” Sooyoung said formally in playful manner “should we attend the tea party now?”

Little Sunmi nodded eagerly.

Sooyoung glancing to the still standing girl before she is back to Sunmi “can Tiffany-unnie be invited too?”

Sunmi turned to look at the new face, giving an obvious distrustful expression while the other is trying her best to give a warm smile.

“Aunt Soo knows her.” Sooyoung assured the little girl “she is a good unnie.”

Thinking cutely with her brows furrowed together, Sunmi finally decided “...okay..”

Sooyoung chuckled softly “you are sweet.” She said, showering kisses to the adorable giggling little girl while she is walking upstairs with Tiffany is following behind.

Tiffany sighed in relieved. At least, she will survive today. And her teacher seems to be friendly either.

It is obvious that the tall woman loves the little kid so much like her own. After all, she may almost had one of her own before.

-----

 

“So, we will have 15 minutes break before we continue.”

The four women are scattering through the small practice room instantly.

The dance instructor shook her head with a small smile. Such a kid. Before she walked to the corner of the room, leaning on the mirror wall while takin a gulp from her bottle water.

It was then, instead of following the other four girls out from the room for snacks, a tall brunette is walking closer to the sitting blonde.

“Songsaengnim, can I stay longer later for singing practice?”

The blonde chuckled “Seo, how many times did I need to remind you to just call me unnie.” She said “they are all at your age, and they call me unnie.”

“But they don’t attend my high school.” Seohyun reasoned “you are still my teacher.”

The blonde sighed, this kid is just too stubborn, just like her mother.

“Well, sure, Seo.” She replied “I still have a meeting later anyway with the crew.” She said “just wait for me, and we will go home together.”

Seohyun nodded, sitting beside the blonde woman, staring far around the practice room.

“Talk to me.”

Seohyun chuckled softly by the consideration from her teacher “I envy you, Hyoyeon-songsaengnim.”

“Hmm?”

“You have all you want.” Seohyun said “you do what you love.” She mumbled softly “and you got to choose who you want to become.”

The silence respond is what make Seohyun turned to the blonde woman, only to find the so called teacher is staring at her.

“Do you think my life was any easier than yours?”

Seohyun’s brows creased “I may know nothing about your life, Songsaengnim.” She replied politely “but if there is one thing for sure, I can tell if you are enjoying yours.”

Hyoyeon chuckled “how is that?”

“Hmm.. you must love dancing way too much.” Seohyun said “you even have the studio, together with your other friends, the crew.” Seohyun  swiftly added before the blonde woman cut “and you are teaching art at my school.” She said “you even attend dancing competiton occasionally, either as jury or the guest, seldom as the contestant though.” She smiled “and you are a talented dancer, which is why many singers often asked you to be one of their background dancer.”

“..I really look up to you..” Seohyun continued “I wish I could be living the life I wanted.”

Hyoyeon smiled gently before she spoke “well, if you think that my life was any easier than yours before your parent entrust you with me,” she paused, eyes staring to the front “you may want to rethink.”

Seohyun is staring on her teacher’s side facade in silence.

“..trust me, Seo..” the blonde woman turned to spare a smile “..nothing worth a lifetime happiness is easy..”

“I have experienced great pains to stand where I am now.” Hyoyeon spoke softly.

Seohyun keeps herself quiet, wishing the teacher will entertain her more with her life experience, instead, the petite blonde woman grinned when she said “I still don’t understand on why you decided to stay here instead of leaving with your parent to UK, though.” She said “there are a lot more music school there, and maybe better.”

“I wouldn’t even be able to enroll if they keep me under their wings.”

Hyoyeon laughed “right, I know your mom better than anyone else.” She said while her smile softened “but she only wants what best for you.” She said “she thought that being a doctor or a lawyer is way better than entertainer.”

“Right.” Seohyun agreed “but that is not what I want.”

Giving a warm smile, Hyoyeon stood up while she pats the young girl’s shoulder “I know you can do better than this.” She said, earning a confused look from the younger girl “..Seo, take this as an advice,” she said “failing your subject in purpose won’t make them think that you deserve to choose your own future.” She smiled and added “..it is fighting for what you want that counted.”