Chapter 5

The Darkness In Me

The sound of birds chirping and the warmth of the sunlight on my skin woke me up the next morning. I proceeded with my daily routine and left for school.

It was just another usual day in school except for the fact that I'm being very cautious about the presence of him. It'd be a lie if I said that I didn't feel anything after that kiss, even if it's just a little peck on the cheek. I'm not avoiding him on purpose. It's just that things are pretty awkward at the moment.

Luck was on my side, I guess. He wasn't anywhere in school today. After my classes, I decided to go to work early today thus headed to the gate. That was when I hear his voice. 

"Didn't I tell you to not come here?" said Kris with a slightly annoyed tone. 

"What if people find out about my identity?"

His identity? What about his identity? Does that mean he was here in the school all this while? Why didn't he come look for me?

Hundreds and thousands of questions are popping out in my head. I may be avoiding him but it still doesn't feel good knowing that he's hiding from me.

"Young master, I apologise for my mistake but the master would like to see you," said a voice. A voice that was eerily familiar. A man's voice that was so familiar yet I can't remember whom does it belong to.

The car door slammed shut and pulled me out of my thoughts. I heard the car drove off.

I shrugged off these thoughts and left for work, making a mental note to talk to Kris after this.

 

 

Author's note:

Hi! I'm so sorry guys for the major delay, literally MAJOR for the updates. I was really busy with college and honestly speaking needed ideas and inpirations to continue the story as I'm not a planned writer. I prefer writing whatever that comes to my mind.

Thank you for those who are supporting me and I'll try my best!