Scene #5.5 Hospital

Memory Lane (Drabbles Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning Shift, 9 October

Today I was really tickled to go to work. It was not like I did not like my day off or what, but with the romance in the air that was happening in my workplace, I did not want to left behind. So, I got in the hospital one hour before my shift actually started.

And I was really grilled to know the news about the pretty sister who, of course, became the nurse station talks. Actually not just the talks in the nurse stations in this ward, but also the talks in this entire floor! I might remind you, that there were four wards in this floor and our ward was placed in the west wing, left side. With this hospital’s plan you had to walk from the very right side trough the others wards to reach this ward. The pretty sister eventually would walk trough, and thanks for the big mouth of the male nurses and staffs in my ward, the news about her was spreading like fire in the summer. She was been popular.

The pretty sister’s name was Park Sandara. We got her name from Han Younghwa, a nurse from outpatient care unit. Turned out that the pretty sister, Sandara, and Younghwa were high school friend. Currently, she opened a gift shop not far from our hospital, and according to Younghwa, the Park family lived around. Now we got the name, the occupation, and even (if we dug deeper) the address.

From what Hyesung, night shift nurse, Durami’s condition was not getting better yet. The little girl was visiting the toilet like it’s the most interesting place in the world, couldn’t stomach anything yet, dehydrated, still had to be assisted to go to the toilet, too weak to move a limb – well, her energy drained for just visiting the toilet.

“I hope I witnessing Hosang’s face, Tami said he was smiling brightly when Sandara came here yesterday brought cake,” Hyesung then told me that Durami got herself plenty visitors who brought foods, cakes, and flowers. “You see the roses,” Hyesung pointed a vas full of roses, “Sandara brought it here because apparently Durami girl couldn’t stand the smell. She distributed flowers and cakes and foods in this entire floor. So don’t be shocked if you find out her popularity is rocketing,” she closed her story telling by giggled. “The interesting part,” Hyesung continued her story telling. “Was when the handsome young doctor came. He was there almost quarter an hour, fyi!”

Nothing important happened after we, morning shift, shifted with the night shift, except if you count from room four, where Durami girl cried loudly when being injected with medicine. Not her flesh of course but from the tube, however her hand felt stiff when the liquid streamed into her blood vein. She loathed the feeling very much.

As the shop owner, I got that Sandara could left her shop, because she stayed along with her sister while their mother and father had to go to work. But I saw her brought some work that needed to be done. For this, I saw them by myself that she was crafting some pattern in papers. I don’t know what was they were for, but I could tell they were beautifully made by a pair talented hand.

Too bad, I didn’t get the handsome doctor in my shift. Until I signed off from my duty on the day, Doctor Kwon has not arrived yet. Just my luck!

**

Noon Shift, October 12

Almost a week Durami girl stayed in our care. Her parents could breaths now because their youngest got better and better. Her coloring started to get back, not so pale like she was brought here. No juicy romance story in the hospital like I hoped, except if you count some male nurses tried to ask the pretty sister’s phone number, no one success though. The big Park sister still accompanied her sibling day and night and every day our handsome doctor met her. Nothing happened between them, except a few talk about the sick sister. Or nothing happened until today.

It was when I assisting Doctor Kwon to examine his patients in this ward. Before we opened the last door, we heard some noise that we’re sure came from our little patient. Doctor Kwon looked at me with question mark hanging. I was clueless as he was only could shrugged and shook my head. We entered the room and found our patient sat straight on the bed, her fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter