Scene #13 Premonition [The Dream]

Memory Lane (Drabbles Compilation)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have premonition when my friend is about to get married. At first, I don’t have a clue, but when I get the invitation to their wedding, I only bat my eyelashes as if I know it just bound to happen. Also, this only happens to my boy-friends – or better I say, guy friends.

It just that I dreamed about them getting engaged or getting married, then in the next couple of months I get the invitation. Usually, the dream was only a murmur whisper that some faceless person tells me that one particular friend of mine is engaged. On another dream, I just know when someone is getting married on my own.

And true to my dreams, one by one invite me to their wedding. Although my role in knowing their engagement/wedding is like the main lead – since it was my dream, I never directly participate in the festive. I was just in the right place and time when they’re engaging or getting married.

Until that one dream about him, that bugs me up.

***

Just like any other day, my phone keeps vibrating when one text after another coming in. Thus, I have to force my eyes on scanning the text one by one and give a proper reply to each of them.

Then, one text caught me off guard.

Hey you. Let’s catch up. I’ll come with my parents to meet yours'.

My phone nor I recognize the phone number. But somehow I think I know who it was from. And before registering the words, I replied with a single text.

Why?

Three single dots appear as he replied it right away.

To ask your hands. But I will ask you to move to Daegu with me. You can do that, can't you?

I just freeze on the spot and don’t know what to reply anymore.

---

It’s the day of our reunion. As an outsider within my own batch, I feel left out. This is not my scene anymore and I don’t feel right to be here. I need my laptop and I need to catch up with the deadline. But instead, I’m here faking one smile after another when someone says something.

Maybe I shall just take my leave. Yeah, sure I have numerous deadlines waiting for me back home, even if there’s no life-threatening matter. But hey, they don’t know!

“And here’s he come, our man of the day, coming late as if he’s the main lead in the drama.” One of my friends say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter