Only U

Red Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 4~

Only U

 

Jungkook pulled up in the car park located beside his apartment on the outskirts of Seoul. He was glad to be home, but he wouldn’t have imagined bringing a girl back with him, let alone Seo Joohyun. Looking over to her, she had her head rested on his shoulder like it had been the entire journey with a towel round her neck to try and dry her hair, and her blue denim jacket on her lap which was still wet. He considered taking her to the hospital but she had no sign of alcohol poisoning, and while he did ask where she lived now, she didn’t give him an audible answer, so he thought he ought to take her home so he could look after her.

Although he had tried to convince the girl that he was Jeon Jungkook on the way there, she was too busy worrying about going to prison, despite assuring her multiple times that that wouldn’t be the case. As much as he tried she eventually ran out of energy and fell asleep, making it a much more relaxing ride home than he had expected. He decided to just leave her in that state to avoid her having another crying fit, or worse, and he thought he’d leave explaining to her that he was the boy she dated for several years until she was sober. To his annoyance, he knew he wouldn't be getting that promotion anytime soon, and had called in to inform his department that he’d be going off duty early.

Looking over to the sleeping girl, he realised how stupid he was for not linking her with the Seohyun he knew a few years ago during their teenage years. Yes – she had matured into a lady, however her appearance was just as youthful as before. Her aegyo sal still hung below her eyes like before, and her cheeks were still just as chubby and cute. Soon figuring out that he was being a creep, watching a girl as she slept, Jungkook left through the car door and shut it, causing the girl to stir as he walked round to open her door for her.

He bent down to view the girl. “C’mon, Seo.” He lulled, still amazed that he met her again while he tapped her exposed arm to try and wake her.

Her eyes fluttered open due to the sudden voice. “I’m sorry…” Seohyun mumbled, looking a mixture between upset and tired.

“It’s fine, Seo.” Jungkook reassured her with a smile. She was obviously feeling very guilty, since she repeated those words several times already.

“Please don’t tell my parents…” She pleaded quietly, with her eyes now fully open.

Jungkook let out a sigh of laughter through his nose at the girl’s request. “I won’t.” He assured her, even though he didn’t know if she’d hear him. He did remember though how protective her dad was over her, so he would probably kill her if he did find out, even at her age.

“Do you think you can walk by yourself?”

Seohyun shook her head with a pout. “Can you carry me?” She asked, putting her arms out to try to cling onto him as her fingers flexed outwards and inwards. She knew she probably could walk, even though she was still feeling quite dizzy. She was just too lazy.

“OK.” He replied, making her smile. He didn’t mind since she wasn’t heavy at all. Her smile disappeared when he stopped. “As long as you don’t cry anymore.” He added, pointing a finger at the girl.

Seohyun nodded eagerly with a thin smile.

Sliding his hand beneath her legs and putting his other behind her back for support, Jungkook lifted her out the cruiser and kicked the door shut with his foot, letting out a satisfying click. He’d lock his car when he was up in the apartment.

“You feeling OK?” Jungkook asked, looking at the girl while she nuzzled against him, her warm breaths going through the fabric of his shirt. They were walking through the car park and over to the entrance to the building.

“Yes.” She answered confidently. “My clothes are sticky though.” She mentioned, since they were getting to be uncomfortable.

Jungkook almost forgot that she had taken a swim in the fountain. “Don’t worry, you can wear some of mine, if that’s OK?” He proposed.

Seohyun couldn’t stop looking at this boy she thought was amazing. “You’re the nicest boy ever.” She said with a bright smile. “Usually they’re scary…”

Jungkook chuckled at her randomness. “Thanks, you’re pretty nice too.” He told her, making her feel fuzzy on the inside.

Getting into the building, Jungkook skilfully pressed the button to call the elevator.

As he waited, he noticed one of his neighbours who lived on the ground floor looking incredibly tired, walking along the hallway for some reason in a grey t-shirt and his boxers. As he ruffled his hair, he paused when he saw his friend doing something strange. He wasn’t sure what he was witnessing.

“It’s not what it looks like, Taehyung.” Jungkook clarified, realising how odd it must have looked, him carrying a girl into his room at past 1AM.

Taehyung squinted in case he was seeing things and paused for a moment. “I’ve seen you and Jimin do weirder things…” He muttered with a shrug, heading back to his room.

“Who was that?” Seohyun asked, intrigued.

“Just my friend.” Jungkook said, stepping into the elevator and continuing with more random conversation with her.

Opening the door to his apartment, Jungkook set Seohyun down on the couch.

“Where are we?” Seohyun asked, looking around the room to see that they were in a very modern room she didn’t recognise. It definitely wasn’t her house which she lived in with her parents though since that one wasn’t as new and swanky.

Jungkook walked over to the kitchen to get a glass of water for Seohyun who he worried might have become dehydrated. “It’s my apartment.” He informed her over the half wall that separated the kitchen from the living room.

“Really?” Seohyun asked in amazement and wide eyes. “You must be super rich!” She figured, looking out of the window to see the beautiful skyline of Seoul in the distance with many pretty lights decorating it like a Christmas tree.

Jungkook scoffed at her assumption. “The rent’s a bomb.” He told her, holding the glass of water for her in one of his hands, and using his other to open a cupboard and get a box of cereal out. He often liked eating it straight out the packet when he got home in the early hours from work, so surely it would be a nice snack for her to eat since he had nothing else suitable. They were full of sugar though…

“Here you go.” Jungkook put the glass of water beside her on a small table along with the box of cereals, switching on the TV with the remote before walking back to the kitchen to fetch the stuff he put in the dishwasher the day before to put away.

Seohyun clapped with excitement. “Thank you!” She shouted like a child to Jungkook, putting her hand into the box to scoop as many pieces of cereal out as possible, and then shoving them into . She was extremely hungry and thirsty, and became immediately engrossed in the dark movie that was playing on the TV.

“You’re welcome.” Jungkook responded with a smile, doing as he set out to do.

As he finished putting all the plates and cutlery away, he went back into the living room to check on Seohyun, who seemed to have compacted herself up into a ball, hiding her face behind her knees which she clung to.

“Don’t turn around, don’t turn around, don’t turn around…” Seohyun repeated like some sort of ritual.

Jungkook became very confused. “You OK?” He asked, finding the scene rather strange, looking to the TV which she never seemed to blink at. He sat next to her to try to see what was happening as suspenseful music began playing.

Suddenly, a scream emerged from the speakers, making Seohyun squeal and lunge at Jungkook, burying her face into his chest to avoid watching what she knew was happening. On the screen, Jungkook witnessed a teenage girl getting slit by a masked man, which was not what he had expected.

Realising he must have left the TV on the horror channel; Jungkook quickly grabbed the remote next to him and switched the TV off. He knew that Seohyun hated horror movies or anything scary, so he felt instantly to blame. On the other hand, he thought they were quite fun to watch since he could laugh at the silliness of them.

Jungkook tried to calm the girl by rubbing her arm, feeling her shaking against him. “It’s not real, Seo, don’t worry.” He soothed her, waiting a few seconds so she could recover from what she believed to be incredibly scary.

“I told her not to go in the house, but she didn’t listen!” Seohyun reasoned, her voice muffled since she was still planted in his chest.

Jungkook tried not to laugh. Movies like that were always stupid when characters would always do what the audience knew was a bad idea. “I know, Seo, I know.” He agreed. “She was just a stupid pabo.” He insisted with a childish frown.

Seohyun raised herself off Jungkook and went onto her knees, rubbing her eyes. “She was!” She nodded, agreeing with what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter