Remember

Red Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter One~

Remember

 

It was Friday night and Seohyun had been dragged out by her unnies to a nightclub, making her completely out of her element. She was a social girl, but this kind of scene was not one she was used to, preferring to read books in the evening rather than meeting strangers who wanted nothing but an easy catch. She looked incredibly uncomfortable among her friends as they sat in a booth that surrounded a low table, except for one side which gave them a good view of the centre floor, allowing Seohyun to witness some disgusting grinding since she was sitting in the middle for a whole two hours. It wasn’t even midnight yet, but Seohyun needed to sleep badly.

Jessica nudged Seohyun in the elbow to get her attention. “See anyone you like yet!?” She shouted in her ear to make sure she was heard over the booming club music, causing the floor vibrate due to its overwhelming volume. Surprisingly she wasn’t drunk yet.

Cringing at the sudden loudness of her unnie, Seohyun shrivelled herself up a little. “No, unnie. It’s too loud and the lights are hurting my eyes.” She replied, sounding most uncomfortable.

“What!?” Jessica yelled even louder now, piercing Seohyun’s ear even further.

Taeyeon decided to step in. “She says it’s too loud and that the lights are annoying her! I told you she wouldn’t like it here!” She told Jessica loud enough for her to hear, then taking a sip of her cocktail which was an odd green colour.

Seeing the drink made Seohyun’s eyes widen. “Unnie, what’s wrong with your drink!?” She spoke loudly for once as she was worried for her friend’s health.

“Yeah, it looks kinda weird.” Yoona chimed in, exchanging glances of agreement with Seohyun.

Taeyeon shrugged as she took the cocktail glass away from her lips. “Tiffany got it for me.” She informed. “You guys wanna try?”

Seohyun looked shocked by that suggestion, almost offended. Of course she wouldn’t accept.

“Sure!” Yoona chirped, thinking that the colour made it look super cool, yet weird.

Seohyun glared at the girl with disapproval, however Yoona didn’t notice, took the drink from Taeyeon, and began drinking the liquid. Before anyone knew it, the whole contents was gone, causing everyone to look shocked as Yoona pulled a face of disgust.

“Eww! That was horrible!” Yoona complained, getting her hanky out of her bag and it to try and get rid of the taste. It didn’t work though.

Taeyeon’s jaw dropped. “You weren’t supposed to drink it all!” She exclaimed, annoyed that her drink was now gone.

Jessica laughed loudly at the older girl’s dilemma, causing the latter to give her the evils.

Before Taeyeon could get annoyed, Tiffany came over with a boy nobody recognised who had his arm round her shoulder.

“Hi everyone.” Tiffany greeted in English to try and show how clever she was. “This is Kai.” She introduced the dark skinned boy to the girls.

“Hey.” He said awkwardly with a nod since he was surrounded by a lot of good-looking girls.

Tiffany giggled at his introduction. “That’s Taeyeon.” Tiffany pointed to the girl with blue contacts and blonde hair, flashing him a thin smile to cover up her annoyance. “Jessica.” She moved her finger to a girl who seemed rather cold, looking at him judgingly with a smirk. “Seohyun, and Yoona.” She finished with the maknaes, one of which continued to look uncomfortable, and the other looked like she had a lemon.

“Nice to meet you.” He bowed, still seeming a bit stiff.

Tiffany widened her eyes. This boy was polite! He might be Seohyun’s type so she flashed her a grin. “Sunny and Sooyoung are just getting us drinks and a room sorted out. Do you wanna get your friends Kai? We’ll meet you in the lounge.”

“Sure.” Kai replied, bowing again as he went to get the guys he came with.

Once Kai had left, Tiffany began to fangirl. “Did you guys see that?! He never stopped looking at Seo!” She told the girls who looked to Seohyun for a response.

Seohyun frowned, and she wasn’t that interested in him anyway. “No, unnie. I’m not bothered about getting a boyfriend.”

Jessica flashed her eyebrows at Taeyeon. “Told you she didn’t like boys.” She whispered teasingly.

“I do like boys!” Seohyun snapped, shutting them up. “”I just don’t want to see anyone at the moment…” She quietened down, knowing that her job came first.

Tiffany kept her eye smile since she was optimistic about Seohyun and Kai getting on still. “Don’t worry, Seo. You’ll find someone eventually.” She assured the girl nicely.

Suddenly, Sooyoung appeared beside Tiffany looking slightly annoyed. “C’mon! I shouted you all ages ago!” She yelled at them, even though they never heard her.

“Ya! Not so loud!” Tiffany shouted back, having her ear rigging at the sudden noise before leaving to go to the lounge with the rest of the girls following one by one as they got out of the booth.

“Hurry up!” Sooyoung ordered, wanting to start the drinking game they had planned already but waiting for all the girls to go.

“, don’t get your thong in a twist, we’re coming.” Jessica replied sarcastically as she was the last one out the booth. Why couldn’t any of her friends relax a little.

“What?!” Sooyoung asked, not hearing what Jessica said.

Jessica rolled her eyes and followed the rest of the girls along the side of the club and to the private lounge as Seohyun giggled. At least it wouldn’t be as loud in there.

“Oh!” Yoona suddenly stopped as they almost reached the lounge. “Seohyunnie, can you come to the bar with me, please?” She almost pleaded as she would hate to go by herself.

Any excuse to not see that boy again would be great. “Sure! Let’s go.” Seohyun replied brightly.

Going over the bar which was quite full, Yoona and Seohyun waited patiently for the bartender to get to them. It was quite busy, so he was preparing drinks for someone else.

“Why are we at the bar by the way?” Seohyun asked, realising what the two were doing.

“Because, I need to get Taeyeon unnie another one of those drinks… I feel bad.” Yoona pouted.

Seohyun smiled at Yoona’s generosity, since Taeyeon didn’t ask for her to buy another.

As Yoona got out her purse, she overheard someone. “Can I buy you a drink?” A random man asked on a stool at the bar, checking Yoona out as he mentally undressed her.

“Really, you'd do that?!” Yoona beamed, too innocent for her own good, feeling overwhelmed by the stranger’s kindness and putting her hand on her chest in surprise.

Seohyun was about to stop her friend from making a stupid mistake, howeve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter