Beautiful Stranger

Red Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 2~

Beautiful Stranger

 

“Hey, handsome.” A random woman complimented Jungkook, checking him out as she went past which made him feel slightly uneasy, however he had to smile at the strangeness of it.

Of all the places his shift could have taken place though, it had to be in one of Seoul’s most notorious red light districts. The streets were usually less crowded; however as it was a Friday it was much busier, and the people walking past him were even more risqué than usual. Thankfully the rain had cleared up, leaving a glossy surface on the grey tiles; however the temperature hadn’t picked up whatsoever. Judging by what some of the women were wearing, anyone would think it was summer, with many wearing crop tops and very short shorts to show off their body as they emerged from clubs with their vulgar names in neon lights.

Regardless, Jungkook knew he’d have to just it up and brush off the judging glances since he did look rather out of place. It was his job as a police officer to catch crime of course, but he didn’t exactly like walking around by himself knowing that it was generally a dodgy place where a lone officer like him was vulnerable. On the bright side, it wasn’t necessarily difficult to find crime in a district like this when es lined the streets without even caring. There wasn’t always much he could do about it though, unless he had hard proof, which required the person in question to either admit to it, or get caught in the act. With this said, it made his life somewhat harder, especially considering he needed a promotion to afford his apartment which had rent due soon. Maybe if he made a solid arrest tonight, he could report it back to his boss and get one, finally letting him leave this dump. That was his plan at least.

Walking down the street, everything seemed normal until a while later when he saw a girl leaving a club with a man. While that might seem normal at first, she looked as if she was being forced. Jogging up to the two at a reasonable pace, he eventually cut them up by standing in front of them and getting a better look at them.

He couldn’t help but grin when he saw the familiar boy. “Well, well, well.” He repeated, feeling a little sorry for the guy he had busted before. Surely he would have learnt his lesson after the third time catching him with an .

“Not you again!” The tanned skinned boy whined as many people on the side of the street watched.

Jungkook retained his grin and fiddled with the back of his belt to get the right equipment. “Sorry, Kai.” He sympathised with the young boy who was always an easy catch, always giving in during interrogations. Roll on the promotion. “Hands behind your back.” Jungkook ordered calmly, expecting the boy to comply since he was only young and had to many times before.

“ this, man.” Kai apparently didn’t want to spend another night in a cell, pushing the girl he had with him at Jungkook who stumbled a little to avoid dropping her.

“Hey, stop!” Jungkook ordered loudly as the boy sprinted away. Obviously he wasn’t going to listen, and Jungkook honestly couldn’t be bothered to run. He’d only end up sweating and ruining his hair, plus he got one e in the bag already which was good enough. Now all he needed was for her to admit it.

Feeling the girl’s breath on his face, he could immediately tell by the smell that she was drunk. She looked as if she was peacefully asleep, but he’d need her awake for a confession. Hopefully she wasn’t too drunk.

“You smell… nice.” The girl mumbled randomly as she clung weakly to his torso, making Jungkook smirk at the weirdness

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter