Chapter 81 - Godfather

The biggest secret

Lunch with Big Bang obviously can’t be typical. The 5 boys take turn to dance and sing and rap to entertain the three ladies of the household. They make the living room their big stage. They even pull all the furniture away to make space. Even without background music they are still as passionate and serious as at any of their concert. Ji Hyo’s mother can’t stop clapping her hands. Even though Big Bang music is totally out of her range of interest but their enthusiastic is very amusing to her. It is not at all common having world class boy band performing in the living room. Big Bang is seriously live up to their name. They can excite everywhere that they are at.

Their special performance is paid by a delicious homemade lunch by Ji Hyo’s mother. This is probably the cheapest but greatest payment that Big Bang has gotten so far. Those 5 boys are eating as if they got starved for 100 years. No one can blame them for that. It is very rare for them to have homemade meal, especially with all of them gather together on the same table. They can’t have enough of Ji Hyo’s mother great cooking. While GD is giving all the good food to Ji Hyo and TOP takes very good care of Shin Hye, Dae Sung and Seung Ri are fighting over meat. Dae Sung even steals the food from Seung Ri’s bowl.

TOP scowls and hits Dae Sung’s hand with his chopsticks – “yah, behave as a celebrity, can’t you? There are plenty of foods on the table. Why do you have to steal his food?”

Dae Sung makes his face – “He has been taking all the best pieces. I want some too.”

GD shakes his head. – “You two are such embarrassments of Big Bang. Your fangirls are probably going to cry seeing you two fighting over food like this.”

“Don’t scold them. They are just playing. Eat all you want. We still have plenty of food in the kitchen.” – Ji Hyo’s mother kindly tells.

“You are the best, eomeoni. Can I come by here sometime for lunch?” – Dae Sung happily asks.

GD immediately smacks Dae Sung’s head – “What relation do you have with this household that you want to come here for lunch sometimes?”

Dae Sung scowls, staring at GD – “I’m Ji Hyo noona’s twinning little brother. So eomeoni is my twinning mother too.”

GD forehead forms a big V, looking at JI Hyo and glaring at Dae Sung – “What? When did you become my wife’s twinning brother?”

Dae Sung shrugs his shoulders – “A while already, right noona?” – He smiles brightly at Ji Hyo.

“Yes.” – Ji Hyo responds with a smile.

GD turns to Ji Hyo, face – “Yeobo, you can’t just adopt someone without asking me first.”

Ji Hyo ignores GD’s cute expression as she knows she won’t be able to hold her smile looking at him – “Why? He wanted to be my brother, not your brother. Why should I ask you?”

The whole group bust out of excitement – “Burn!” – The four boys scream on GD’s face.

“Good job, sister in law.” – Seung Ri excitedly gives Ji Hyo a high five which she pleasurably responds.

“Yeobo, how can you take their side instead of your own husband?” – GD nags but honestly, he is happy from the inside seeing how much his teammates love Ji Hyo. When he first introduced her to Big Bang, he was worried that her cold personality could draw the distance with his brothers. But she made an effort to warm up with them even treat them as her own brothers. He knows how busy she is with work but she still takes time to give Dae Sung’s advice. Seung Ri also told him that he talked to Ji Hyo once in a while even without GD. And TOP, since he has been dating Shin Hye, he calls Ji Hyo all the time when he and Shin Hye gets into a fight. He can’t be more proud about his wife.

“I didn’t take anyone’s side. I only tell the truth.” – She stolidly answers and smiles playfully at him.

He never can get mad at that bright smile of her. She is too beautiful. Her skin is glowing, her eyes are sparking. How can a pregnant woman be this pretty? He never can stop adoring her. If there is a Miss Prego contest, his wife will definitely win the price.

The exciting lunch finally comes to an end. All the boys are gathering in the kitchen, washing dishes, only Taeyang is kicked out of the sink after he broke 2 china bowls and got huge criticizing from his bandmates for can’t even do a simple task. He has no choice but join Ji Hyo in the living room, watching a recap of Big Bang interview. It is quiet awkward at first as they haven’t been alone since the time at penthouse but Ji Hyo breaks the silence.

“Do you want to feel the baby?” – She asks as he keeps staring at her stomach.

He excitedly nods with a smile. GD kept telling him how special it is feeling the little feet moving inside Ji Hyo stomach. Taeyang wants to feel that too.

Ji Hyo smiles softly and puts Taeyang hand on her stomach. Amazingly, the baby immediately responds to Taeyang’s touch with a kick. His face is full of surprise and a bright smile unknowingly spreads on his face. His eyes spark with amusement.

“The baby just kicked me.” – He excitedly squeals.

Ji Hyo curls her lips to a bright smile – “They probably like you a lot.”

“You think so?” – He looks at her, asking eagerly. This is the first time after 8 long years; he looks at her without the pain in his heart. He is happy for her, for GD, for their family. There is no longer jealousy or regret when he is facing her. He has his peace of mind being with his girlfriend.

After the press conference, he told Hyo Rin everything, about his feeling toward Ji Hyo and their past. Even how he couldn’t forget about Ji Hyo even after dating her. Hyo Rin was in shock at first but looking at how devastated he was that day, she forgave him and they started over. She was very understanding and he appreciates her very much. They are happy now more than ever. And he knows she is his Mrs. Right.

Ji Hyo nods – “Of course”

GD quickly joins them after finishing his part of cleaning up.- “What are you two talking about?”

“Your kids just kicked me earlier. They must love their uncle Taeyang very much.” – Taeyang proudly tells GD.

GD looks at Ji Hyo and they nod, agreeing on telling their plan to Taeyang.

“Hey bro. We have a favor to ask.” – GD says, sincere.

“Sure. What do you need?”

“Can you be our kids Godfather?” – GD and Ji Hyo have been discussing about this matter for a few months and they both agreed that there is no one better being the Godfather to their kids than Taeyang. They believe that Taeyang will love their kids as his own. They have been through so much together. Regardless the fact the Taeyang was in love with Ji Hyo, he is a big part of their family. They lived together, went through hardship together, created memory together. Taeyang is definitely going to be a great Godfather.

Taeyang widen his eyes and open his mouth big from surprise. – “Are you sure I can be their Godfather?”

GD and Ji Hyo both nod their heads – “of course, who else can be their Godfather?” – GD says, tapping the overly emotional Taeyang.

“Then sure man. I will be happy too.” – Taeyang raises his voice in excitement. His heart is tingling, knowing that he is about to have two little angels too. He definitely is going to love them as his owns. They are fruit and flower of the love of two most important friends in his life. He has witnessed their love for 8 long years and he knows that the babies will be just as beautiful as the love that those two people created.

“So what should I do now? Should I start their college funds now? What school are you planning to send them to? Harvard?” – Taeyang asks, serious but GD and Ji Hyo can’t hide their laugh. Taeyang is indeed overexcited over this. He takes his Godfather title very seriously.

“You don’t have to man. Just giving them a lot of love is enough” – GD taps Taeyang shoulder, appreciated.

Taeyang smiles brightly – “of course man. They are my kids too. I will teach them dance and sing and piano too. I will take them around on tour with me.”

“Hey, stop being overenthusiastic. They are still my kids. I will do that to them.” – GD scowls.

“Yah, you will see them and play with them all the time. Can’t you at least let me do that to my kids?”

“Fine, do whatever you want. Just don’t spoil my kids too much.”

“Are you the one to talk, yeobo? You already bought too much toys for them. I think you will be the one spoil them the most.” – Ji Hyo scolds GD. Last time they went baby shopping together, GD almost brought home the whole store. Everything in that store was adorable in his eyes. He bought a bunch of toys, some of them are totally not age appropriate for the babes but he sneakily checked them out when Ji Hyo turned her back around. Now they have a whole room in their house to store toys. Even his mother shook her head seeing the toys storage.

“What is wrong about that? Kids need toys.” – GD protests.

“Why didn’t you call me to go with you? We could buy toys for the kids together.” – Taeyang nags.

Ji Hyo only can shake her head looking at the two men of her life. She already predicts that her kids will be super spoiled by those two men. They will definitely do everything for the two little babies. She doesn’t even know if she should be happy about that because the kids definitely run to their two fathers whenever they are in trouble. But at least she knows that her kids will grow up with the father’s love. She grew up without that and she knew how important it is to kid. She doesn’t want them to go through the hardship that she went through without a father.

Her kids will be loved not by one but two fathers.

 They will be blessed