Come Back

Adventures of Family Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin was beyond miserable. Ever since their break up, he didn't go out of his flat other than just for school. He barely ate anything and was awake almost every night. Even his grades dropped. Namjoon was the only thing on his mind. Jin couldn't forget his last words to him which broke his heart even more. He didn't know if he should blame his mom and Minjun but he definitely blamed himself the most. If he would've just stayed at home with Namjoon that night none of this would've happened. 

His days were all the same. Wake up, go to class, come back, go to sleep. It was monotone. Jin felt like a robot like he couldn't feel anymore. He didn't feel happiness nor sadness. His heart just ached and someone was missing. His mother tried to reach him a million times already and the one time Jin answered she mentioned Minjun. He threw the phone into the wall before he collapsed on the floor, with tears streaming down his face. 

He called Namjoon a few times too. But no one answered. He texted him but still no response. At first, Jin thought they'd make up after a few days like they always did when they fought but a few weeks passed and still nothing. He was losing hope in everything. 

When he woke up on a rainy Saturday, Jin groaned and covered his face with the thick duvet. Don't think about Namjoon, he said to himself. But he was already thinking about him. The first time they went to Paris together. It didn't happen that long ago. He remembered how Namjoon led him up the stairs as they climbed on the Eiffel Tower. They could've taken the elevator but Namjoon wanted it to be more adventurous. When they reached the top, Jin couldn't believe the view. It was magnificent. Everything is Paris was wonderful, partly because Namjoon was there. They even put a lock with their initials on the bridge. 

As the memories flashed through his mind, Jin buried his face into the pillow and let his tears go. Blindly, he reached over to his nightstand and grabbed his phone. Jin dialed the number he knew by heart and pressed the device against his ear. His heart started beating faster as he listened to the beeping, hoping it would end up with hearing Namjoon's voice. He let it ring for a few seconds. Just as he was about to hang up, he heard a faint voice. 

"Hello?" A raspy voice said. Jin's eyes widened. He couldn't believe Namjoon really answered. 

"Namjoon?!" 

"Jin?" 

His hands began shaking as he heard Namjoon's say his name. For a moment he forgot how to breathe. His mind was blank, he didn't know what to say. "Why are you calling me in the middle of the night?" 

Middle of the night, Jin thought. Wasn't it morning already? He pushed the duvet away and saw the dark sky with bright stars shining. "Sorry, I thought it was morning."

"How do you do that? It's 2 am and it's pitch black. How do you confuse that?" Namjoon whined, sounding sleepy. "Look, I have a final tomorrow so please don't bother me." 

Jin could feel his heart hurting with the tone Namjoon used. He was already sensitive and with the whole thing going on, he couldn't take the tiniest disappointments before he started crying. So here he was on the phone with Namjoon after, who knows how long, when he started crying. He tried not to make any loud noises so he wouldn't let Namjoon know but Jin couldn't do it. He let out a nosy sob. Quickly, he covered his mouth, to prevent that from happening again. 

"Are you crying?" 

"N - no," Jin stuttered as he tried to calm down. "I don't want to bother you. I'm really sorry I actually thought it was already morning. I didn't want to wake you up, it's just that I miss you so much and sorry for bothering you. I hope you do well on the exam." 

"Why did you call me?" 

"I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for my mom and my ex. I'm sorry I didn't spend that night with you. I'm so so sorry I left you all alone at the party. I thought one drink with him wouldn't hurt and it would get my mom off my back but one drunk turned into 5 and I was so drunk I didn't know what I was doing. But I never kissed him, I swear to God, Namjoon. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter