Chapter 10

Can I trust You with My Heart?

    Chanyeol enjoyed riding on his motorcycle. He loved how the wind cooled his body, and the sound of the cars zooming by, and of course he loved the images of the scenery blurring past him. But the male sitting behind Chanyeol clearly seemed to not be enjoying the ride at all.

    “Yah, yah, yah…” Baekhyun muttered behind him. Baekhyun’s arms were wrapped tightly around Chanyeol’s waist (he was forced to, thanks to the dangerousness of riding a motorcycle), but he still felt like he would fall off any minute. “This is terrifying, how do you travel like this?”

     Chanyeol grinned. He thought it was amusing for the usual emotionless Baekhyun to be nervous like this. “I personally think it’s better than walking, or being contained in a car; it makes me nauseous. “ Chanyeol said as they came to a red light.

    “Well, I like walking,” Baekhyun retorted. But then in a much quieter tone, he added, “Because it’s one of the only things that keep my mind clear and makes me relaxed.”

     Fortunately for Baekhyun, he was too quiet for Chanyeol to hear. Baekhyun shook his head (although the helmet made that action quite uncomfortable) in frustration. Why the hell was he saying these things to Park Chanyeol? It’s not like Chanyeol needed to know anything. But strangely Baekhyun felt more comfortable saying this to Chanyeol rather than keeping it all inside.

    Suddenly, Baekhyun’s train of thought completely crashed into smithereens as Chanyeol pressed on the gas pedal and they burst forward as the streetlight turned green.

    “Ah! Shi-“ Baekhyun instinctively pressed himself tighter against Chanyeol’s back. That scared the out of him! “What…the…hell Chanyeol!? I could’ve died! How about a warning next time?” Baekhyun breathed out.

    Chanyeol let out a deep chuckle, one that seemed to calm Baekhyun, but just a bit.

“I don’t think you really needed a warning when your arms are already so tight around me.”

   When Baekhyun realized how close he was to Chanyeol (like really close) heat rose up to Baekhyun cheeks. He was about to let go, when he realized that it wouldn’t be a very bright idea, all he could do was just slightly loosen his hold.

    But he still couldn’t keep the heat from rising to his face.

 

“We’re here.” Chanyeol announced as he pulled up to a spot in front of the school. Baekhyun quickly got off and took off his helmet. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and smiled. The boy’s hair was sticking up in different directions due to the static of Chanyeol’s helmet. Chanyeol walked over to him and proceeded to fix Baekhyun’s hair by patting it down.

   Baekhyun looked at him with wide eyes, obviously surprised by the action. But he pulled away, with his hand on his own head.

    “Ah,” As if embarrassed by how rude that was, Baekhyun apologized. “Sorry, I’m just not very fond of physical contact.”

    Chanyeol just smiled. He didn’t feel hurt by that, in fact he was used to the way Baekhyun pushed himself away, how he tried so hard to keep people away. But it didn’t matter to Chanyeol, he was just going to try to get much harder to get closer to Baekhyun.

 

    “I’ll just be going to my classroom right now.” Baekhyun said to Chanyeol with his usual quiet voice. “Thanks for…helping me.”

    Chanyeol raised an eyebrow in amusement. “Baekhyun, don’t you remember? We’re in the same class.”

    Again for like the third time in one morning Baekhyun felt himself get hot. Why was he feeling this way? Why was he getting so embarrassed over something as ridiculous as this?

    “Yah, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol’s deep voice cut through Baekhyun’s questions (which he was asking himself) and brought Baekhyun’s attention to him.

   “A-ah yes?”

Chanyeol grinned and grabbed on to Baekhyun’s wrist, obviously forgetting what Baekhyun had said about his thoughts on physical contact, and dragged him down to where their classroom was. “Come on. We’re going to be late.”

   But the thing Baekhyun was more focused on was Chanyeol’s gentle grip on his wrist. But he wasn’t thinking of it as discomfort this time. It warmed him. Familiar and sweet warmth seemed to fill him.

   And this time he didn’t pull away.

 

In the classroom it was the same as ever. As Chanyeol entered the room, as usual all the girls began fawning over him. But of course, they didn’t even notice Baekhyun; he was just like some random fly buzzing around. To them he was just a ghost or something.

    Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun had heard enough and walked to his seat while all the girls screeched lame things like “Oppa! I made you a bento! Won’t you have some?” or “Oppa you’re soooo handsome!” and of course “Oppa, love me!” (Yes, they are very direct that way).

    Sitting down at his seat, Baekhyun stood blankly ahead. For some reason it felt like now dark emotions were settling in. But why now, had it just come in? It was as if they were being blocked out by something, or Baekhyun was too preoccupied to notice those, unfortunately, familiar feelings. Then Baekhyun’s gaze flicked over to where a certain giant was. They subtly made eye contact, but Baekhyun looked away after a millisecond. Not out of embarrassment, but at the disbelief of his very own thoughts.

     He couldn’t be the reason, right?

 

   Chanyeol looked over at Baekhyun but it proved to be very difficult with multiple girls surrounding him. It sort of reminded Chanyeol of an ambush in those action genre movies, but luckily these girls weren’t out to kill him, hopefully.

     “Ahaha, that’s very kind of you to say, but, um, I uh, need to get back to my seat,” Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun, who was silently looking out at the scenery outside, it looked as if he was daydreaming. “Before the bell rings.” With only five minutes left, the girls were very reluctant to let him go, but luckily they did. Chanyeol tried to go over to where Baekhyun was; he had the urge to talk to the raven-haired male. He had really enjoyed talking with Baekhyun just an hour ago, he enjoyed seeing a different and sassier side of Baekhyun he had never seen before in his entire time observing Baekhyun. But of course things never go Chanyeol’s way. As the tall male was taking large strides to get to the other side of the room, a strong arm wrapped its self around Chanyeol’s shoulders and pulled him back.

    “Hey-“ Chanyeol tried to protest.

“Yo Chan!” A husky voice boomed in his ears. Chanyeol turned to see his annoying of a friend smiling mischievously at him.

    “Dammit Kai! This is definitely the wrong time to get all touchy with me, jeez go to Kyungsoo or something.” The two had made up with each other after they had seen each other. They hadn’t said anything to each other explicitly, but when they saw each other that night, they both felt a mutual feeling inside of their friendship again. And both of them understood that. So that was the reason why Kai was so touchy and the fact that Chanyeol was no longer awkward enough to not feel the growing urge to literally beat the out of his smiling friend.

    “I would,” Kai sighed dramatically. “But my baby told me he was going to the restroom before class, and I told him I would gladly go with him, but he insisted, no practically demanded, I don’t. He said he was absolutely not going to be late because of me ‘distracting’ him. Like, seriously, what in the world would I do to distract him?” But even as Kai asked that, the look in his eyes told Chanyeol that Kai knew exactly what ‘distracting’ would be.

    “Uh huh, yeah.” Chanyeol was only half listening; his attention was mainly on Baekhyun, he didn’t have much time left.

    Kai’s eyebrow rose when he noticed Chan’s unusual disinterest (well at least more so than he usually is) and Kai followed Chanyeol’s line of sight, then he grinned.

    “Geez bro, you’re like some over obsessive girl staring at her crush.” Kai chuckled. Chanyeol puffed out his cheeks in frustration.

    “It’s not like that, okay? Now if you would be as so kind as to let me pass and,” Chanyeol hesitated, contemplating on whether to tell Kai and suffer being teased. “Go see if he’s alright.” Honest enough.

    “Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s it.” Kai said teasingly.

“Yeah,” Chanyeol said sarcastically. “Now if you would so kindly as to let go of my arm and let me-“

   RIIIIINNNNGGG!!!

Ugh, he so hated that bell. But now he hated it about a tenfold more so, and the person smiling sheepishly next to him.

   “Oops sorry,” Kai rubbed the back of his neck. “Well now I got to go to my seat. See ya Chan!” And the brat ran off before Chanyeol could grab a fistful of Kai’s hair and beat him to death. So instead he gave Kai a certain finger when the younger looked back and grinned at him.

    He returned to his seat before the teacher came in, and was a bit shocked to see how flustered and excited she looked.

    “Ok kids, I have a special announcement to make!” Mrs. Woo announced. With that all of the teens had perked up. An announcement?

    “Alright kids, calm down I haven’t even told you what it is yet.” Mrs. Woo chuckled.

   “Then tell us~” The kids whined.

“Alright then. So you may not know but the one who had created your uniforms you are wearing right now was actually manufactured by the Studio K Clothing Corporation, a very famous clothing as well as modeling company! And the best part is that the CEO is coming in today to speak to you about the art of fashion and clothing. Isn’t that exciting?”

   All the kids (well, mostly the females) chatted with excitement. But personally Chanyeol wasn’t as interested. All he cared about was that he didn’t really have to learn, albeit him having good grades, he didn’t like learning.

   Then a knock on the door startled everyone.

“Oh!” Mrs. Woo squeaked. “That’s him, I’ll get the door,” The teacher glared at the class. “Behave and don’t be obnoxious.” The kids muttered about the teachers remark quietly.

   Suddenly an urge came over Chanyeol as if saying: look at Baekhyun. Which Chanyeol did, but as he turned to look at Baekhyun he was meet with a face drained of blood and struck with sudden fear that confused Chanyeol. Baekhyun seemed to try concealing himself with his long, silky bangs.

    Why did he look so scared? Was he really that hateful of fashion?

Then a loud and confident voice boomed throughout the room.

   “Hello young children. I’m the CEO of the Studio K Clothing Corporation, Mr. Byun! It’s so nice to meet you.” 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eyo everybody! Hehe sorry for the week late update, but now I'm on Thanksgiving break so I probably will update last chapters soon (hopefully) but I made the chapter longer for you :D

   Again sorry if it's not as amazing as the other fanfics I've read (just finished Baby's Breath sooo good!) but I hope you can bear with me! Thanks to all those that read my fanfic and subscribe to it, you guys are so sweet! 

   Also I actually found out that I had accidently disabled the comments and I was like 'whoops' haha. But now you can comment and leave your feedback (which I hope you do :3). Again please subscribe (if you already haven't) comment (which are loved) and maybe even upvote if you are enjoying (which I'm hoping you are)! Also the Chanbaek moments in the exoluxion concert in Macau (I think that was the one) were sooo adorable!

   Agh this author's note is too long sorry. Anyway see you guys soon!

Nyaaa~

(these pics are huge! But the bigger the better am I right?) In case you are wondering in the second pic Baekhyun was covering Chanyeol with the paper when Chan was half . Baekhyun is being adorably protective <3

   PS please go check out my tumblr account! Just made one! Right here >>>> <3