Chapter 9

Can I trust You with My Heart?

    Baekhyun woke up in an unfamiliar room, an unfamiliar bed, and an unfamiliar atmosphere. The room was dimly illuminated by mild sunlight, which told Baekhyun that it was still early morning. Baekhyun tried pushing himself up into a sitting state, but pain shot through his shoulder. Baekhyun hissed in pain but he managed to get himself up. As Baekhyun began gently massaging his shoulder hoping to ease some of the throbbing pain, he looked around, dazed, at the unfamiliar walls. Baekhyun ran his thin fingers through his raven hair. His mind was really hazy; he couldn’t remember too clearly what had happened last night. Where was he? Who brought him here?

 

    It didn’t matter what the answers to those question were, Baekhyun knew that he just had to get out of there. Suddenly a thought came to him and Baekhyun felt fear swell up in his chest.

    The darkness, the clang of metal, cold menacing laughter. Pain.

He needed to go now. But as Baekhyun was about to jump of the bed, he felt something stir next to him. Baekhyun froze.

   Was someone next to him the entire time?

“Mm,” the person’s voice slurred from sleep. “Oh, Baekhyun. You’re awake.”

    Baekhyun knew this voice; it was a voice that he’s been hearing a lot the past week, a deep and sweet voice.

    “Chanyeol.”

 

   Chanyeol woke up from his slumber when he felt the bed move up and down.

“Mm,” Chanyeol groaned. He rubbed his eyes to clear the blurriness that clouded his vision. He opened his eyes and was a bit shocked to see the fragile boy sitting up straight on the bed. “Oh, Baekhyun. You’re awake.”

     Baekhyun stayed stiff and quiet for a bit, when he spoke, his voice sounded raspy.

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun didn’t look him in the eyes; he looked like he wanted to leave quickly.

      Chanyeol caught Baekhyun’s small wrists, hoping that would stop the raven-haired boy from escaping. Baekhyun tensed up a little as their hands made contact.

      “Are you okay? Are you feeling any pain?” Chanyeol asked hoping for an answer. But all he got was a plain, slightly cold. “No, I’m fine.”

      Chanyeol frowned. It was always like this. Baekhyun always said he was fine, but even though most people would buy that act, it was a clear as day to Chanyeol that, well, Baekhyun was definitely not fine.

      “No seriously Baekhyun, are you hurting anywhere? Just tell me and I can help you.”

      “I said I’m fine.” Baekhyun’s voice shook slightly. But Chanyeol couldn’t really tell if it was from fear or exhaustion. Maybe it was both.

      “But,” Baekhyun muttered softly, “Do you have any idea what time it is?”

What kind of a question was that? Why did the time really matter? But Baekhyun did not look like he was kidding.

      “Chanyeol glanced down at the leather watch that he always wore. “It’s 8:45, almost time for school, but you don’t need to worry about that, you should stay here anyway-“

    “No!” Baekhyun suddenly interfered. “I need to go. Since I didn’t go back home last night, he’s probably mad enough as it is, but if I miss school, he’s definitely-“ Then Baekhyun shut his mouth, his eyes wide as if he regretted even opening his mouth. But it didn’t matter Chanyeol now understood everything. The person hurting Baekhyun, the one putting Baekhyun through so much pain, was someone – whether he liked it or not – someone close to him, his brother maybe?

     Immediately Chanyeol grabbed by Baekhyun the shoulders, startling him.

“Who is it Baekhyun? Who’s the one hurting you?” Chanyeol demanded.

    “I-I,” Baekhyun stuttered, obviously still startled by Chanyeol sudden action from before. But then he quickly regained his composure and looked away. “It’s nothing really. There’s nothing for you to know.” Baekhyun said flatly.

   Something hot seemed to expand in Chanyeol’s chest.  “Damn it Baekhyun! I can help you! Just tell me who’s hurting you!”

    “I said nothing is wrong.” Baekhyun repeated just as blankly but irritation grew in his voice. “Now please let go of me.”

    Chanyeol sighed. “I don’t understand Baekhyun, why are you keeping all your pain inside like this? Do you enjoy that pain?”

    Baekhyun expression darkened.

“It’s my punishment for what awful things that I’ve done in the past. I take it because if I didn’t, it would make much more of a monster that I already am, it’s what I deserve.” Baekhyun locked his hard cold eyes onto Chanyeol’s warm and concern-filled ones. “But it’s not like you would really understand. You’re Park Chanyeol, practically a gift from the gods, your life is just perfect… too perfect to understand how I would feel,”

    The hot bubble that was formed in his chest seemed to deflate when he looked into Baekhyun’s eyes. And the emptiness and darkness that that filled it seemed to shroud everything. But what caught Chanyeol’s eyes was not the darkness but the small sparkle in Baekhyun’s eyes. Chanyeol didn’t know what it was exactly.

    Hope? Willingness?

But that was what kept Chanyeol to pursue after Baekhyun. Chanyeol found it odd as well. How people can give up on someone so easily without searching for the true meaning of anything.

    Besides that strange twinkle was actually not the only thing that Chanyeol could see, something that seemed to dim the sparkle.

    It was a pleading cry for help.

 

 

   It seemed to take forever for Chanyeol finally be able to convince Baekhyun to let Chanyeol ride Baekhyun to school. After Baekhyun got dressed in his school uniform (Luhan had washed it for him) and walked into the kitchen (Chanyeol managed to stuff a slice of toast in the stubborn male’s mouth) Chanyeol saw that Baekhyun was struggling to walk, let alone be able to walk to school like Baekhyun usually does.

    But the thing was Chanyeol found that the argument they had was very entertaining and amusing. Instead of being the distant and cold Baekhyun that Chanyeol knew. How he stuck out his lower lip and crossed his arms, insisting that he was able to take care of himself and he didn’t need Chanyeol’s help was utterly adorable to Chanyeol. And how he would sometimes roll his eyes and his lips would tug up into a very small smile.

    Baekhyun had subtlety shown a slightly sarcastic and pouty Baekhyun, a side Chanyeol had never seen before.

   Is it possible that…Baekhyun might have been showing his true personality?

Even if it were just for a little bit, it would be nice to see that again.

  Chanyeol smiled. Oh, yes it would.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heya guys~ how've ya been~ hehehe sorry for not updating last week but it was halloween so you know how that is right? Sorry if it's not too good, BUT I promise I will improve it in the next chapter (hopefully XD) 

   MWAHAHAHA! Anyways! Please subscribe, comment (LOVE comments!), maybe even upvote if you're enjoying! Hope that you are! Thanks to those that do upvote, comment and subscribe, it really makes my day!

   

Chanbaek is second box <3

   PS. have you seen the teaser for Exo's lightsaber mv yet? Oh god it's amazing! It's on Smtown the youtube one if you're wondering :P

PPS. GO VOTE FOR EXO ON THE MAMA AWARDS! RIGHT NOW! WE ARE IN SECOND PLACE RIGHT NOW! LINK---> :3