Chapter 1

Can I trust You with My Heart?

     Darkness… coldness… fear. Baekhyun sat in the corner of his room, dreading each moment as he heard hard footsteps come up the stairs, occasionally hearing a clang of metal. Each day he would wake up hoping that it was just part of a long nightmare, but he always got a horrible reminder that it wasn’t. He would always wonder, wonder why he had to go through this. But then a tear rolled down his face as he grimly smiled, well he couldn’t complain, he pretty much deserved it. The door creaked open, “Beakhee-ah…” said the voice of a demon… his father. Baekhyun braced for what was coming, although it was a routine every morning, he still trembled in fear. Crack, Baekhyun curled into a ball as his father continued to whip him with the metal part of his belt. It hurt…Crack, crack… he cried out in pain, it hurt so much….

    Suddenly his father pushed down his small figure against the ground, Baekhyun’s back facing his father. Baekhyun cried out in pain as a sharp object cleanly cut through his flesh.

    “Yah, Baekhee-ah, you know my chef just got a new knife, it’s really sharp,” He smiled menacingly, “I really wanted to try it out.”

  But by the tone of his dad’s voice, he could tell that the knife wasn’t bought for that reason.

     Baekhyun gasped as he felt the blade sink in deeper, his back felt wet. Baekhyun’s father dragged the knife down his son’s back, tearing the skin. He grinned; he enjoyed the screams that came from his son.

     Unconsciously, Baekhyun, whimpered, “please stop!” But as soon as the words came out of his mouth Baekhyun immediately regretted them.

   Baekhyun felt his hair get pulled back along with his head. His father hissed in his ear. “You little , you don’t deserve to say that, in fact you deserve much more than this, with what you did!”

    Baekhyun shivered, it was true he did deserve this. After what he did this reaction would be quite normal.  Lust flashed on his fathers face, it sent shivers down Baekhyun’s back. “Maybe I should do it now.”

    He slowly sank the knife deeper into Baekhyun’s back, causing Baekhyun to scream in pain. Baekhyun felt as if he would pass out when he felt a ringing. He father abruptly stopped to take out his phone. He pulled the knife from Baekhyun’s flesh. He sighed. “Ahh. I guess you’re lucky today. I have to go to work now.” He stood up and walked towards the door, to exit back out the door. Before he exited the room he looked back at his son who was still on the ground, he smiled. “Better get up soon, son, it’s a school day.”

   Then he left, leaving his son in the cold darkness.

 

~~~~~~

 

Baekhyun forced himself to get up and bandage himself up (not professionally but enough to keep him from bleeding to death) and walked to school. The walk felt like absolute hell. He’d been weak and not have much stamina before, but this felt even worse. His whole body hurt and his legs shook as he walked.

    When Baekhyun arrived at the school – which seemed like forever – he let out a sigh of relief. He entered the school and tried to seem as normal as possible, he sat down at his seat. He looked around at his classmates. It always looked the same, the girls talking and gossiping, while the guys were horsing around and tossing a ball. All except one, Baekhyun was always alone, with no friends, no one who even noticed him. Suddenly he heard the girls squealing, Baekhyun looked up and saw the “all-popular” Exo-K walk in stylishly. Baekhyun rolled his eyes. They all think they’re so great. Suddenly he saw the one of them, Kai glare at him. Baekhyun’s breath caught in his throat.

   , he saw.

Class felt like forever, he hoped that Kai wouldn’t go after him; they tended to do that a lot. After the school bell rang Baekhyun tried to sprint outta there. In the hallway when Baekhyun thought he was out of sight someone grabbed his school jacket at slammed him against the lockers, the impact made his fresh wound sting. Baekhyun cried out in pain.

    “You little . You think you can just mock us and go on your way like that?”

“I-I d-di-“ Baekhyun stuttered but was cut off when Kai again slammed Baekhyun again against the wall, Baekhyun felt something wet trickle down his back. Baekhyun felt his eyes well up with tears.

    Kai starts to laugh. “You , you’re already crying?” He punched Baekhyun across the face, the impact causing him to fall to the ground. People have already surrounded, watching. Of course none of them stops Kai, this was like entertainment to them.

    Who would help a weak useless dweeb?

Kai kicked Baekhyun straight in the gut. Clutching his stomach, Baekhyun curled into a ball.

   “What a weakling.” Kai kicked him again. “It’s so pathetic, I almost want to help him.” He said mockingly.

Kai was about to launch another kick when his ‘boyfriend’ Kyungsoo, grabbed his shoulder. “Kai-sshi, we should go, we’ll be late to class.”

   “You’re right baby, he’s not worth the trouble.”

After landing one more kick to fulfill his satisfaction, he turned around his arm around Kyungsoo and walked off with the rest of the Exo-K. One of them – the  tall one- looked back at him for a second, but then turned to go with his other friends.

   Baekhyun lay in excruciating pain. It hurt to breath. The crowd quickly dispersed. But they all whispered.

    “How pathetic.”

   “What a weakling.”

    “Can’t even stand up for himself.”

    “So useless.”

All those word seemed to slice right through him. But it was true.

   He wasn’t worth the trouble.

 

~~~~~~

 

As the last bell rang, Baekhyun was glad another dreaded day was over, although there was just another one to come. He sighed and doubled over. His body was still in pain, but he just had to endure it. Baekhyun continued walking but was so lost in thought he didn’t notice the person in front of him until he literally bumped into him. Baekhyun had accidently dropped the stuff in his hands.

    “Oh, I’m so sorr…”

Baekhyun’s voice trailed off when he saw the person he bumped into. It was Park Chanyeol.

     The Park Chanyeol.

Oh ! He’s going to beat me up for sure!

   “I-I-I’m so sorry! Please forgive me!” Baekhyun whimpered franticly, bowing. Without even hearing or waiting for the taller male to answer, he dashed off in fright.

 

~~~~~~

 

After Baekhyun ran off, he left Chanyeol confused and slightly dazed. He then shook his head and frowned.

   The hell, why was he so scared?

Chanyeol was about to walk off when he noticed something on the floor. It was some sort of notebook. Baekhyun must’ve dropped it when he bumped into him and forgot to pick it up.

   “Aish, what a pain.” Chanyeol grumbled as he picked up the notebook. Since Baekhyun was long gone, Chanyeol had decided to give it to him tomorrow.

  

   After Chanyeol left to school, Chanyeol went on his way to Kai’s crib. He took the faster way since he didn’t want to be interrogated by his friends of why he was late. Then he spots someone walking in front of him. He squinted to try getting a better look. His eyes widened when he noticed that it was Baekhyun. This was fortunate, now Chanyeol, could give Baekhyun the notebook now. He was about to call for him when Baekhyun suddenly collapsed.

     Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he ran to Baekhyun.

“H-hey! Are you okay?” He puts his hands on Baekhyun’s back for support; Baekhyun’s clothes felt damp. He slowly pulled his hand away when Baekhyun tensed against his touch and let out a small groan. When Chanyeol pulled his hand away, he looks at it, it was slightly red... blood!

     Baekhyun suddenly pulled away, he already knew who it was because of his familiar voice, so he doesn’t panic too much. “H-hey I-I’m fine.”

    He pulls himself up but almost instantly falls over again but is caught by Chanyeol. Chanyeol is startled at how boney and skinny Baekhyun is. Does he even eat? Again Baekhyun pushes himself off, and this time regains his balance.

   “I’m fine.” Baekhyun says with more confidence now. But even so Chanyeol worries at how pale he is.

   “No! You need help.”

“I’m fine.” Baekhyun repeats, this time he manages to run off with out falling and goes out sight. Chanyeol can’t even say Baekhyun’s name before he is out of sight.

Chanyeol ruffles his hair in frustration.

   The hell?! He’s like a freaking rabbit!

At that moment Chanyeol realizes that he had forgot to give Baekhyun the notebook. But that was not what Chanyeol was worrying about now. It was Baekhyun.

   What’s up with you, Byun Baekhyun?

 

======================================================================================================================

Heya~ Heya~ Heya~ first chapter up woohoo~ I hope this was good enough, cuz I was quite stressed. Like 25 subscribers?! Only with the description? (To many that may not seem like a lot, but it's a lot to me!) So I had to HAD to make it good. But I don't know if it's good, like I don't know what you guys are gunna think! But I really hope it was good enough to keep you intrested! I hate hate hate first chapters, I at them and doing long chapters ;A;

   But again thanks for reading and comment and subscribe if you think it was good! Ahhhh~ I'm so scared for what you guys think.

Anyway, see you soon!

   Nyaaa~

look at how cute lulu is <3