Chapter 8

Broken Doll

" Honestly , I feel jealous whenever you give someone

the kind of attention that I want from you. "


" Hayoung, how's the set-up?" I asked. "Everything is prepared for the big game." she replied. Good. It's a big annual game where we go against our rival school. Many people are anticipating this game and our success. I checked out the gym, the decorations, the marching band, and many more and they all seem ready to go. Although there has been an accident with the cheerleaders. Hara fell and sprained her ankle. Hara is unable to perform and the cheerleaders have to rethink their whole stunt all over again. Since Hara was an essential part to the team, it'll be more difficult. I still have not thought of a solution but I better think of one fast. First, BamBam and I decided to check on Hara's condition. Jackson also decided to follow us despite telling him that he shouldn't. He's like a puppy that follow his master and can't be left alone. But he's not quite a cute puppy.

"Hara! We bought pretty flowers for you!" BamBam said as he entered her room. "With my money! So basically I bought her flowers." Jackson said in-a-matter-of-fact tone. "Uh no. I did." BamBam argued. "Guys it DOES NOT MATTER who bought me flowers." Hara said. Hara took the flowers and admired its beauty. Since childhood, she loved flowers and they way it looks.

" Ehhhh someone's jealous." Jackson grinned as he teased me. " I am not." I glared at him. " Woah Youngji! I don't think I've ever seen you glare like that." BamBam said. " Well because of someone you'll see more of it." I said looking at Jackson. There was a sudden awkward silence.

" Anyways..." BamBam said trying to get rid of the silence. " I'm sure Hara doesn't like the food here so we should go buy her food. Let's go Youngji!" I nodded and followed BamBam. " Wait! What about me?" Jackson asked. " You stay here and watch Hara to make sure nothing happens. We'll be back!" BamBam said as we walked out the door.

 

                   0105532001421486954_filepicker.png

"BamBam, is it okay to leave Hara with Jackson?" I asked while holding a plastic bag filled with Hara's snacks. BamBam looked at me wide-eyed and then smirked. " What?" I questioned his actions. " Are you jealous?" he asked. I was flustered by his words and I could feel my face heat up. " What?! Are you joking? I would never ever ever fall in love with him. I'm just worried about Hara. That's all." I said. " Are you sure you don't want to talk more because it seems like you have a lot to say." BamBam laughed. I'm not in love with Jackson. He's annoying. A nuisance. He may be cute and his laugh is charming but he's an idiot. I'll be a fool for falling in love with a guy like that. Only an idiot will fall for another idiot.

 

"Heyyo! We're back with yummy snacks!" BamBam said with a cheery voice. I'm pretty sure he wanted to eat the snacks himself. I'm sure Jackson was waiting and pouted since we took forever. I bet he was was bored out of his mind. Apparently he was not. I could hear his usual laughs. Hara with a smile as she looked at Jackson. Jackson had the same look on his face too. They both were genuinely happy for each other.

"Oh hey guys! What kind of snacks did you bring?" Jackson asked and creeped forward to the bag of snacks I had. He tried to rummage through the bag until he found a snack he liked. " OH! These are my favorites! Can I have it?" he asked. I smiled and nodded, just thinking of that very moment over and over. Jackson's expression changed to scowl. " There you go again..." Jackson said and left to go eat his snacks with BamBam and Hara.

I'm sorry for not being able to give a smile she's able to give you.