Chapter 13 BamBam's POV

Broken Doll

We had not seen Soyou for a long time. She and Youngji used to be inseparable, but no one knew why she became so cold. It wasn’t too bad because she never actually directly tried to attack Youngji in any way, but it was honestly hard to think about who would do such a thing and not think about her. At this point, all I can do now is shield Youngji from the attacks.

“BamBam, what are you working on?” Hara bounced over and sat in the chair next to mine. If only she knew what her little actions did to my heart. I looked at her and smiled.

“I’m just trying to do homework, but I’m kind of stuck. Would you mind giving me a hand?” I asked, secretly hoping that she would accept, whether or not she was good or bad at the subject.

“It’s not English, is it? Because if it is, I’m out.” she waved both hands in the air and stared at me wide-eyed. I laughed and shook my head. I held up the paper and pointed at the title on the top.

“Do something out of your comfort zone,” Hara looked confused. “Oh! Is it the assignment Mrs. Kwon gave us? I didn’t start yet because I didn’t think I was ready to go crazy.” she laughed. The assignment was simple, there was a bingo sheet on it. Each of the little boxes inside it were blank, we had to fill it up with things that we were not exactly comfortable doing, but made sure it did not cross the line. That’s why our teacher, Mrs. Kwon, gave us the freedom to fill it in. We had to do it to get a diagonal, horizontal, or vertical line. Thus, bingo! For me, I had a box that I wrote, “Confess to my crush.” Over the past week, I realized that I did have feelings for Hara. Even if she didn’t feel the same, I was worried this would only jeopardize our friendship. Still, I decided to go for it.

I took a deep breath and looked at her seriously. It was evident on her face that she was very confused. Then, I pointed to that box. She read it and then stared at me a for a few moments. She gasped. “You like someone in our school? I can help you with confessing to her!” she clapped her hands excitedly. My shoulders slumped. Does that mean she doesn’t have feelings for me?

“BamBam, are you okay? What’s wrong?” she placed a hand on my shoulder and I tensed up. I took her hand gently and placed it back on her lap.

“I…” I took another breath. “I like you, Hara.” I tried to look confident and stared at her, immediately regretting it. For sure, she wouldn’t want to be around me anymore. My hands were shaking. Slowly, she got up from her chair. She’s going to run away now, isn’t she? She reached out and wrapped her arms around me. My heart started beating faster. I pulled my arms around her and held her tighter. “Does this mean you like me, too?” I asked, choking on my words.

“Mhm.” she softly replied. I melted. Her voice was so sweet, and I was happy to say that she’s my girlfriend now. I laughed giddily. She pulled away, but I refused and held her in place.

 

“Let me have this moment for a while longer.” I said as I laid my head against the crook of her neck.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! Thank you to those who are still reading our story. Both GoddessSora and I (buttcheeksdsu) have been pretty busy, so the updates haven't been consistent and I'd like to apologize for that. We'll be able to update more often and longer for who knows when, but I can say for sure I'll be able to get at least one chapter every couple weeks. I hope you guys have a great day!