Chapter 3 Jackson's POV

Broken Doll

“It’s...it’s just…” I tried to speak but couldn’t stop my laughter. Her hair was slightly ruffled and she held a confused yet..painful expression? I stopped laughing. Heo Youngji. She has the face of an angel but when she has that look, it bothers me. For the first time, I can finally see how she really feels without that broken smile plastered on her face.

“I…I’m sorry.” I suddenly spoke, causing her to jump. “I just thought you looked cute with that hair." A smile appeared on my face, hoping to see the painful look disappear.

Even from a mile away, I would still be able to see a pink tint fade into her cheeks. Was she blushing? Wow, I didn’t think anyone could look even cuter. I hoped to see her smile--a real smile. I felt a strong need to do something to make her happy, just to see for once joy come alive from Youngji.

My initial reaction that morning was disgust. Never in my life had seen someone so fake while trying so hard to appear happy-go-lucky. Now, though, I can see she’s been through a rough life.

We kept walking to the rooftop as she guided me in. She switched back to her fake expression and I subconsciously snarled. Her footsteps skidded and she immediately turned around and looked at me straight in the eye. I can tell she was about to snap. My snarl got louder as I tested her patience. I’m not sure if this is a good idea, but I’m willing to risk it just to see what’s going on.

 

A/N: I'm sorry for the extremely short chapter! Quite disappointing, I know, since the beginning seemed to start out pretty decent. I hope that you all will still stick around though, because we will try to update as much as we can and as fast as possible! I know that some of you have been waiting for a while now and I'm apologetic to say that there are some things in both of our lives that is top priority and we must work on those things first. Thanks for taking interest in this story!