New Member

DARK MINDS

It was still dark outside, the night wasn't ready to let the new day come over the country. The darkness was overwhelming and stuck in every corner, while the sun hardly tried to rise. Most people would let themselves get nicely waken up by the first sun beams, but Jung Yunho wasn't like normal people. He was already in his office, sitting behind his desk and worked himself through several papers. He still had to finish the report of their last case which they had solved the day before. After they came back at the late afternoon, he sent his team members home but instead of following them, he returned to his office. His office was his second home, honestly he knew it became his first home already which was hard for him since his husband and lovely little son were waiting at their house. He and Changmin got to know each other in college. Yunho was studying the law; he wanted to become a prosecutor to be able to fight the bad guys, the criminals, and to help the victim's family by serving them justice. Changmin was visiting some of his lectures and the first time Yunho saw him, he was fascinated by the young, tall man. It took him over two months until he had enough courage to ask Changmin for a date; he invited him for a movie and a dinner, Yunho knew it was unronantic and a kind of stereotyped date, but Changmin liked it, he liked him and they started dating. After Yunho had passed his prosecutor exam, he proposed to Changmin some weeks after and; although he knew Changmin won't reject him, he was kinda scared that he won't hear the desired 'yes'.

On his desk, Yunho had a picture of Changmin and their son Jaemin, and behind it, he had another photo of Changmin and himself from their wedding day. Whenever he didn't know how to go on, how to solve a case, he looked at their photos and felt relieved. Last night he returned home late, he gave Jaemin, who was sleeping tightly already, a kiss on his forehead before he laid down on the bed next to his husband. Changmin noticed him and turned around, cuddling him, Yunho needed some more time until he could fall asleep. But he just got some hours of sleep because he wanted to finish the report before his team would be back at the office. His office was big but kinda dark. The furniture was of dark brown, wodden material, and even though his walls were white, his framed state examination, his military honorary record and several certificates he owned while his occupational career were decorating the walls.

Yunho put the finished report into a folder before he moved it aside. He leaned back in his chair and ran his hand through his hair as his glance suddenly stopped on another folder. He took the folder and tapped his finger on the name, which was written on the front. „Kim Jonghyun“, Yunho whispered to himself and he thought about the young man who appeared in his office all of the sudden some days ago. The man held this folder with his papers in his hands, while he was telling Yunho that he was the new member of the MID but Yunho just raised his eyebrow and shook his head. „No, this is impossible. Even though we just lost a member, but we had no application and we don't need another teammate and; especially, no new member without any field experience“, Yunho told him strictly.

„But Sir, I have lots of field experiences, I have worked as an undercover agent lots of years“, the young man wanted to explain himself; this job was what he really wanted to do, but the older man was just watching the papers on his desk. Jonghyun was sure that he wasn't even listening and as he wanted to keep talking a small, young man rushed in the room and almost bumped into him. The boy looked stylish but he could have never been an agent from his looks.

„Sir, we have another case, everyone is waiting for you in the meeting room“, the boy said to Yunho and then turned around and almost bumped into Jonghyun again, „Oh, sorry.“ He quickly left and walked down the hallway.

Yunho stood up from his desk and put his cellphone into his pocket, while he gave the young man, who was still waiting, another look. „Place your papers and application on the desk, but you are not a member of our team. Well, I have to go now“, Yunho said with a cold tone and Jonghyun nodded with a smile, but the chief was already leaving his office following the small boy into another room.

It was the first time that Yunho was looking into the young man's papers and it was impressive that such a young man was able to exhibit a long list of field experiences through undercover work. And; although Yunho was a bit impressed, he wasn't sure if that man was suitable for the team. He didn't know him, he couldn't tell if such a young guy was able to fulfil a job like theirs, neither he knew if this man would get along with the others. For their job, it was important that everyone could trust one another because they often had to recommend their lives to each other.

The big room outside his office was slowly filling with people; through his window, he could see the young man was entering the room. He knew the MID section chief had assured him that he was a member of MID already and Yunho didn't like that, the section chief was deciding important things like this without talking about it to him, but Yunho was used to it. Yunho sighed and pushed the papers aside, his head rested on his hand and, before he could turn to another paper work he had to finish, someone knocked on his door.

„Do you ever go home?“, Siwon asked ironically and smiled lightly. Siwon was a tall, good-looking man and; although he was always wearing suits like most of the other agents, he looked like a rich kid just through his charisma. Siwon walked closer to Yunho's desk, who was giving him a blank glance. „We have another case, you better come to the conference room. It's urgent! I guess you didn't hear the news yet.“

„It's on the news already?“ Yunho asked and Siwon nodded before both of them left Yunho's office. When they entered the meeting room, the rest of the team was already sitting on the round big table and in front of the table was Baekhyun. He was wearing one of his colorful and fancy outfits and was handing everyone a folder with all informations before he the screen projector.

„Alright guys“ Baekhyun started already while Yunho and Siwon were sitting down, „Thirty minutes ago there was a bomb attack on a Japanese restaurant in Busan.“ Baekhyun showed the photos of the crime scene on the big screen, „The local police director called us personally, they are sure this is about some innerly gang fight between Japanese immigrants.“

„Immigrants? Are they sure?“ Chanyeol asked and studied the photos they had in their folders.

„When you look at the remains of the corps it's clear the bomb had ripped them apart immediately, how can some simple gangs get such explosive material?“ Donghae added and looked around. Siwon was nodding to his argument, „When its really a gang fight, they must have connections to the yakuza, otherwise its hard for them to get all the material to blow up a whole house like this.“

„The yakuza calls themselves 'ninkyo dantai', which means chivalrous organization, so unlike the official opinion they don't see themselves as violent or organized group. Usually they keep their business in their country, so 99.5 percent of yakuza is Japanese, but the last 0.5 percent are made up by Koreans and they are a prominent part of yakuza; perhabs, because they suffer severe discrimination in Japanese society“ Kyuhyun explained.

„Kid, come to the point“ Chanyeol interrupted him.

„What I want to say is that we can't say clearly that it's really made by the Japanese yet. It could also made by Koreans who are part of the yakuza“ Kyuhyun said calmly. Yunho nodded and put together his folder before he stood up and gave his team a look, „The plane will departure in 15 minutes, so get ready everyone and Baekhyun you get all informations about Koreans who lived in Japan and came back to Busan; plus all Japanese who live there and have connections to the  yakuza or have criminal backgrounds.“

„But Sir, this will be a lot.“

„I know, we will sort it off later“ Yunho ordered and Baekhyun nodded before he returned into his own office which was full of computers, laptops, and screens; he sent off his team members by giving everyone a cup of coffee. „Its still so early, rest a bit on the flight, I've got coffee for everyone“ Baekhyun said and handed everyone a beaker.

„Thanks baby, you are the best“, Chanyeol smiled brightly and gave Baekhyun a peck on his cheek then he quickly rushed after the others who where packing their things to leave for the plane.

 

When they arrived in Busan, the local police director was waiting for them already; he recieved them at the private military airport already with some police officers and chiefs. As usual Yunho greeted him at first and introduced his team to the men in front of him then the director was giving him the newest informations, „Someone survived the attack?“ Siwon asked, confused as they were told that a young woman had survived.

Yunho immediately stopped and turned to Donghae and Chanyeol, „You two go to the hospital, get as much information as possible from her.“ They nodded and went off while the others were brought to the crime scene.

The house was jet-black and grime was covering the floor and walls, the burned and destroyed furniture was wildly scattered and the windows were broken from the explosion. Every step they took caused the ground to creak and to crack and while everyone was looking around, Kyuhyun looked above, „Is it certain that the house won't collapse?“ the young doctor asked curiously.

„Yes, we had sought advice from a structural egineer and he assured us that the load-bearing walls aren't damaged“ the detective told him.

„So the bomb just destroyed the lower area of the restaurant, that means that the house itself was not the target ,the restaurant was, or someone who was in the restaurant“ Siwon thought out loud, „I guess there weren't any guests anymore, so that a guest was the possible aim instead of the restaurant itself.“

„Since it happened in the early day hours I doubt that there were still guests“, Yunho added and got his phone, calling Baekhyun, „Baek, we need all informations about the owners of the restaurant and if they are connected to the yakuza.“ Yunho ended the call again and turned to the detective, „How come that you think it's connected to the yakuza?“

„Most of the corps had the typical tattoos on their backs, besides that, there were often gang fights between former yakuza members in this neighborhood but they never used bombs. It was always just more like a usual gang fight, the worst was when they started using guns; until now, we always were able to stem it, but now its getting out of control“ the detective explained.

„Former members you said? Its quite possible that its really about former yakuza, maybe someone dropped out of the organization and revealed secrets and now they see them as deseter and want to eliminate him“ Kyuhyun told them and pointed at a little white point on the ground, „When you look at this, it shows the bomb was placed here. It's the middle of the room and everything was blown away from this spot. Look, the wreckage surrounds it also.“

„That means the aim was in the middle of the room“ Yunho said, „Detective do you have photos of the restaurant before the attack?“

„In our police department we collected everything, we can go there.“

 

Donghae and Chanyeol arrived at the hospital and while walking down the hallway, being accompanied by a police officer, Chanyeol was holding his phone in his hand. Baekhyun was on the other end and told them what he found out about the survived woman. She was the daughter of the restaurant's owner, she came from Japan and rarely talked Korean, „Thanks honey“ Chanyeol ended the call when they stood in front of the room, where her attending physician was already waiting for them.

„How is she? Can we talk to her?“ Donghae asked.

„She got bad powder burn, she must have been close to the bomb but someone or something must have protected her. Her condition is stable but she often passes out, we think it's caused through the shock“ the doctor explained calmly, „You can try to talk to her, but I don't want to raise your hopes, all we got to know yet was her name.“

„Momoko Yanagia, we know that already“ Chanyeol said and looked through the window to the unconscious woman, „We need a translator.“ The agent took his phone again and called his chief, „Uknow, we need a translator here, someone who'e trustworthy and I think it would be better if this person has some experiences with victims like this, she looks awful and often loses consciousness“ he explained to Yunho who suddenly remembered the papers of the young man Jonghyun.

„Alright, I have someone in mind, he's from MID also“ Yunho said and ended the call. He left the room they've got at the police department to call their office in Seoul. The young man directly answered the call and Yunho gave him instructions. He had to take the next flight to Busan and then he had to go to the Injedae Busan University hospital right away where two agents were waiting for him to question a Japanese victim. The young Jonghyun listened carefully and was already packing his stuff while Yunho still explained, but before the chief ended the call he said, „When this is going well and you proved that you are made for our team, we can talk about your entry in the team once again.“

Yunho hung up and when he was about to return into the building, Siwon, Kyuhyun and the leading detective were already coming outside, „There was another explosion“ the detective said, „This time it was a private house, it belongs to the restaurant's owner.“

When they were in the car, Baekhyun was calling Siwon, „Hey Baek, what did you find out?"

„The restaurant's owner is a man called Karuho Yanagia, he was a high ranked yakuza in Japan before he suddenly disappeared“ Baekhyun explained.

„How can a person of high standards and highly ranked yakuza simply disappear?“ Kyuhyun asked.

„Well there was an article in a Japanese newspaper about a long-lasting fight between two yakuza families, the Yanagia family and the Nakajima family. They were fighting for the hegemony in Nagoya, it ended in a bad gun fight, where the first son and heir of the Nakajima family were killed“ Baekhyun spoke, „At a revenge assault, the day after the fight on the Yanagia property, they found out that it was empty. The whole family was gone, only the little brothers were left behind.“

„So they found out where the Yanagia family was living now and they continued their battle in Busan“ Yunho said, „Baekhyun, do you know the exact location of Karuho Yanagia now?“

„Well the house, which was blown up now, was one of their property in Busan, but there is absolutely no information if he was there or not“ the analyst mentioned and Yunho nodded, Siwon thanked him once more and ended the call.

„Hopefully Donghae and Chanyeol can find something out from the victim“ Siwon said and kept thinking about everything.

When they arrived at the second crime scene, the whole area was a mess, the house was completely destroyed; only single wreckage of the former walls were recognizable. „Are there any survivors?“ Yunho asked but he knew the answer already.

„This is a huge increase than the attack on the restaurant“ Siwon thought aloud whie looking around.

„Overkill“ Kyuhyun said and his two colleagues just nodded.

„Overkill? What does that mean?“ the detective asked confused.

„It means he can't control himself anymore, there's only one goal left for him to kill his opponent through excessively killing off regardless of the consequences“ Kyuhyun explained, „The way he bombed that place shows every sign of an overkill. At first it was just a restaurant, which was blown up in the early morning hours so its impossible to kill many people, that means only those who were in the restaurant were his aim, but now he exploded the whole house so his targets aren't only a hand of people anymore, now its the whole family.“

„We better find out where the rest of the family is, before they will also get killed. Yet he only caught assistants and the daughter, who luckily survived“, Yunho mentioned while he had picked up a photo. It showed a typical family portrait with all members wearing classical Japanese clothes. In the middle sat an older man, behind him stood one young man, on his right side stood an older woman, who looked like his wife and at the front sat a young, pretty woman, which had to be the daughter.

 

Some hours later, Jonghyun arrived at the hospital where Chanyeol was waiting at the front door. Yunho had told his agent that a possible new member would come to help them with the translation, so Chanyeol was quite curious about the new guy who might become their new MID member. Jonghyun and Chanyeol shook hands, the man was about Chanyeol's age, maybe some years older than him, he was small but good looking and from his tight handshake Chanyeol knew he was good when it came to using his gun. While the two of them were walking down the hallway, Chanyeol explained to Jonghyun the current situation and why they needed his help and the blonde man was listening carefully.

„She woke up some minutes before and Donghae tried to get some information, but it was almost impossible to communicate with her, so we hope you have more luck since you know her language“ Chanyeol said and they stopped in front of the room while Donghae was coming out quietly again. The older man didn't start talking before he had closed the door of the victim's room.

„At the moment she's awake, we have to use the time to get as much information as possible. We need to know if she saw who placed the bomb or anything about it, every little detail is helpful for us“ Donghae talked with his usual calm voice and the way he talked to Jonghyun, made the new one feel like he was part of the team for years already, „Do you think you can do this?“ Jonghyun nodded before he entered the room slowly and Donghae and Chanyeol exchanged looks. They were curious about that man and about his skills since they had no information about him yet, all they knew was his name and age. So, from the outside, they observed the man like he bowed to the woman before taking off his jacket and sitting down next to the bed, „I will go get some coffee for us“ Donghae said to his buddy and left.

Jonghyun sat down next to the bed and gave the woman a smile, „Hello, my name is Kim Jonghyun, I'm from the National Anti-Crime Service of South Korea. I am here to help you“ he talked reassuringly in Japanese and the woman nodded slowly, „So you can understand me? And can you talk?“ Once again the woman nodded. „Do you know what happened this morning?“ Another nod and Jonghyun continued, „Did you see anyone suspicious? Or was anything different than usual?“

„No... nobody... nobody new or unknown...“ Her voice was shaking and often cracked while talking. In the background her heart monitor was giving some continuous peep and Jonghyun saw how her eyes filled slowly with tears.

„It's okay when you don't remember, any information you can give us will be helpful to find the one who did this to you. When anything hurts you we can take a break“ Jonghyun assured her, trying to calm her down and she took a deep breath to hold back her tears. „Just close your eyes and remember the morning, what did you do at first when you arrived at the restaurant?“

The woman followed his instructions and closed her eyes, trying to breathe slowly, „I was... going to the bar... and put my handbag under the counter... Shigekazu and Hidenori came... they are our waitresses for the day shift... Hidenori and I sat on a table... we were checking the daily receipts from the day before... then someone was knocking at the door... some delivery man came... Shigekazu recieved the package... he placed it on the table next to us... suddenly he yelled 'it's a bomb'... he jumped to me and Hidenori... he...“ The woman started crying and Jonghyun took her hand to support her.

„Alright, its fine“ Jonghyun said, „But we need to know what happened next.“

„He... Hidenori... he pushed me behind the counter... and then... the explosion... it was so loud and hot, everything was burning... I was screaming... I don't remember what happened next... I must have lost consciousness...“ she sniveled quietly to herself, „They are dead right?“

Jonghyun nodded slowly and slightly squeezed her hand, „Did you recognize the delivery man?“ The agent asked, but unfortunately the woman shook her head, she had a black out and before she would pass out again, Jonghyun stood up and bowed to her once more. „Ms Yanagia, I am thankful for all the information you could give me, rest now and when you remember anything else later I will be outside and don't worry we will find the assassin.“

When Jonghyun stepped out of the room, he told the other two what he had found out about the restaurant attack by Momoko Yanagia. „So the delivery boy was the attacker himself, or he was an escrow holder“ Chanyeol resigned before he took out his phone to inform Yunho who was back in the police department.

Yunho gave Chanyeol one more order which is to watch Momoko Yanagia together with Donghae and Jonghyun; they had to protect her from the attacker as long as he’s still out there. The agent agreed and usually his chief would have hang up already but this time he didn't, so Chanyeol asked once more if there was something else. „How is he doing? That Kim Jonghyun“ Yunho asked seriously.

„Well he was doing a good job with Momoko, he was nice, calm and sensitive, he got more information than anyone of us and not only because he speaks Japanese“ Chanyeol explained, „I am quite satisfied about this although I don't really know him.“ Yunho thanked him and hung up then the unit's chief turned to Siwon and Kyuhyun who were standing in front of a pin board and talked about what they already knew.

„The attacker used a delivery man to bring the bomb into the restaurant, yet we don't know if the man was the attacker himself or if it was just a middleman“ Yunho told his two agents as he started dialing Baekhyun’s number, „Baekhyun, are there any cctv at the area of the restaurant so we can see the entrance?“

„My magic fingers are running over the keyboards and...“ Baekhyun made a dramatically break and all they could hear was the clicking sound of the keys, „There are two and one of them shows the entrance directly Sir. I will send it on your tablets.“

„Thanks.“ Yunho said and they checked the video on Siwon's tablet while Baekhyun was still on the phone. The video showed the street but the entrance of the restaurant was clearly visible. They could see Momoko entering shortly after the two waitresses entered too, some cars passed the street and suddenly, a van stopped and a man stepped out of it, carrying a small package in his hands; he was walking to the restaurant. 

„That's him, but he must have known where the cctv is located since he parked the van so we can't see the license number“ Siwon spoke. He was a little disappointed that they won't be able to find him through the umber plate, „Baekhyun is there any possibility that you can see his face to compare it with the data file?“

„I'm sorry Sir, he never shows his face to the camera and I've already checked it from the views of the other cctvs. Same goes for his license plate, he had covered it at the front and the back is never seen“ the analyst explained.

„But this is not a typical van of any delivery service, so it can't be a real delivery man, he must be the attacker“ Kyuhyun said while he was watching the video again.

„We must give the police our profile, we can't wait any longer; before he will attack again and while we do this I want you, Baekhyun, to check all street cctvs in Busan if you find that van again, also use private cctvs since I am quite sure this one isn't registered at all.“ 

Baekhyun agreed and interrupted his boss to hang up immediately. „Sir! I just found something...  Karuho Yanagia... he is dead. Sir, He died some months ago already together with his son Kenji. They died in a car accident.“

„I see, so the aim must be Momoko herself“ Yunho hung up and the others walked to the open offices of the police men. They stood in front of them and explained everything to the police men and detectives.

„We know this is about two yakuza families. Their fights began in Japan already some years ago and after the heir of one of the familes died, the Yanagia family disappeared. So we are sure they are keeping their fight in Busan now“ Yunho started with a serious voice, making it clear that this was a serious situation.

„The attacker put the bomb through a delivery man into the restaurant. We are quite sure that it was the attacker himself because he used an unregistered van and always hid his face from the cameras“ Siwon kept on informing the people in the police department.

„The man we are looking for is between the ages of 25 and 40; he has the knowledge of how to build bombs out of public domain material. Out of the last attack at the Yanagia house, we see that he is already in his overkill level. Now he won't stop until he killed his aim“ Kyuhyun explained.

„So right now, we are looking for the white, unregistered van“ Yunho took over the information session, “besides that, you must look for a Japanese man; he is intelligent and sporty. He looks like a typical man.“

„Furthermore, we can say that he might work for a delivery service or works with chemicals, but he is a Japanese immigrant and maybe doesn't know much Korean“ Siwon added before he thanked everyone for listening.

For the next several hours, there was no new attack and slowly the police men cast doubt on the agents’ profile about the attacker since they were sure that the next attack would cause much more tragic and is going to be fatal. The police men already started discussing if the MID unit knew what they were doing but; suddenly, a police man ran into the room, „We found the van!“, he yelled and caught everyone's attention, „A patrol found a van near the Injedae Busan University hospital, it’s white and they found some residue of black gun powder, the same which was used for both bombs.“

„This is where Momoko Yanagia is“ Siwon shouted, „The hospital must be evacuated immediately! But it has to be a silent evacuation, so the attacker won't notice anything! All police men must be undercover.“

„We will go there now and Kyhyun, you inform Chanyeol and the others“ Yunho ordered and they were rushing to their cars while he was organizing the evacuation over his phone.

 

Chanyeol ended the phone call quickly and turned to his colleagues, „The attacker must be in the hospital. Momoko is his aim. We must protect her! Unfortunately he can be everywhere so Jonghyhun, you stay here with an officer, Donghae and I will check the hallways. Yunho had ordered a silent evacuation.“

The men nodded and Jonghyun stood in front of the door, while checking everyone who passed by inconspicuously. Chanyeol and Donghae walked down the hallway trying to find the attacker. „Hey Chanyeol it’s impossible to find him, we don't know how he looks and most people are still walking around normally.“

„Let me think...“ Chanyeol stopped and thought about everything once more, “He can't attack directly, the room is observed by Jonghyun and two officers, one outside and one inside. So there are only two ways of attacking.“

„The air shaft or...“ Donghae's eyes grew bigger in shock and before he could finish his sentence Chanyeol already started running. He took the stairway and jumped down the steps and bumped into the hallway, Donghae followed him and they exchanged looks. Donghae saw a security man and ordered him to evacuate all the people around silently. Then the two agents were walking down the hallway, gripping their guns tightly in their hands, ready to shoot immediately. As the hallway was parting ways, Chanyeol gave Donghae a hand sign, both of them were leaning against a wall, Donghae quickly turned around the corner but it was empty, then Chanyeol checked the other side, but nobody was there. Another hand sign showed Donghae that the room under Momoko's was around another corner, they kept walking, checking every corner, every door. Then they heard a noise and they stopped, their strain was tangibly, but this was their job, their mission and now it was on their hands to save not only Momoko but also everyone else in that hospital.

They stood behind each other and Chanyeol laid his hand on the doorknob, he and his partner once again exchanged looks and Donghae gave him a nod; he was ready to enter the room. So Chanyeol turned the knob aside and they stormed into the room where a man was standing on a chair. He attached another bomb to the ceiling which was right under Momoko Yanagia's bed.

„HANDS UP! HANDS UP!“, both agents shouted and pointed with their guns at the man, but he was just smirking at them.

„Come on, shoot me! The bomb is activated already. Or should I end it faster?“, he asked and held his hands up, revealing that he was holding a detonator.

„Cut it out boy! You have no chance. Come down from that chair“ Chanyeol ordered him and the man slowly stepped down on the ground, still holding up his hands. He slowly let his finger wander over the detonator and smirked evilly, he was teasing them. „Stand still, don't move!“, Chanyeol said strictly with a loud, clear voice and stepped closer to the man.

„Lay the detonator on the ground and push it aside“ Donghae told the attacker while Chanyeol stepped behind him. As soon as the guy placed the detonator aside, Chanyeol was taking the man's arms and pulled them on his back to fix them with his handcuffs. „Why did you want to assassin Momoko Yanagia?“ Chanyeol asked and pulled the man with him.

„Who said I didn't kill her? You seem to forget that the bomb is already counting down the time“ the man laughed evilly and Donghae took over the man, pulling him out of the room, so Chanyeol was able to defuse the bomb.

Donghae got outside of the hospital with the man where his team was already waiting for them. He put the attacker in a police car and explained to his team members that Chanyeol was still inside to take care of the bomb.

The tall agent stood on the chair and took down the bomb from the ceiling. Since he was a member of the bomb squad, he knew what he had to do. He placed the bomb on the ground and kneeled down in front of it. He took out his phone, laid it on the ground next to him and with one single press on the quick dialing key, the phone was calling Baekhyun.

„What's up my sweet honey bear“ Baekhyun greeted him and just by hearing the young analyst's happy voice Chanyeol felt relieved and calmer already. But he was so concentrated on his work that he didn't say anything which confused and concerned Baekhyun a lot. „Hello? Are you there Channie?“

„Yes, yes I'm here sweetie. I am defusing a bomb right now and your voice is calming me down, so just keep talking to me“, Chanyeol said while he was disassembling the bomb carefully.

„What? You are defusing a bomb? Hell this is dangerous! Be careful“ Baekhyun shouted and; although Chanyeol couldn't see him, he knew that he was pouting which caused the agent to chuckle. „Don't laugh, it’s not funny! It’s damn scary you know. What if something happens and it explodes.“

„Dear, I am a member of the bomb squad, I am trained in solving such problems“ Chanyeol chuckled and smiled; he reached the inner spot of the bomb. „Wow he made this bomb quite professional“ he talked to himself.

„What? What's going on there?“

„What should I take, the red wire or the blue one?“

„The red one. It’s always the red one“ Baekhyun said and Chanyeol could hear that the analyst was getting scared.

„Well dear, thanks but there is no red one“, Chanyeol laughed.

„Damn you!“ Baekhyun just stopped himself from insulting and just let Chanyeol hear him chunter.

„Keep calm honey. You are my boy, you know I was just making fun of you“ Chanyeol admitted and Baekhyun just chuckled again, „Thank you my lovely dear.“

„For what?“

„Thanks to you I was able to defuse the bomb“ the agent said and let himself fall down on his ; he had cut the exact wire to deactivate it. „I will see you when we are back in Seoul.“ Chanyeol smiled to himself and hung up before he walked outside the hospital. His team was awaiting him already and with his confident smile they knew that the danger was over. Now for them it was time to return home to Seoul.

 

Back in Seoul, the team was finishing their reports for their section chief and folders and, as usual, Yunho sat in his office over his papers. He was thinking a lot about the case and how it could have ended when Chanyeol wouldn't have been able to defuse that bomb. Thanks to him and to his whole team, they could have saved many lives, but when Jonghyun wouldn't have been there to help him, the lives they saved now, might have been unsaved.

Yunho stood up and walked to his office's door and looked to the open offices his team members were sharing besides him, only Siwon and Baekhyun had their own offices. His glance wandered through the room until he stopped looking at Jonghyun, who was talking to the other team members.

„Kim Jonghyun“ Yunho talked loudly, catching everyone's attention, “Please come to my office. Now.“

After the young man entered the office, Yunho closed the door and walked behind his desk. He could feel that Jonghyun was kind of nervous because he knew this talk was about his future and if he was allowed to stay and become the new MID member.

„You did good today and thanks to you, we were able to catch this guy because any other translator wouldn't have been able to get as much information as you did. I was quite surprised that Chanyeol lauded you too; it's not easy to impress him. So on the flight back, I was thinking about you being a new member of the team or not“ Yunho told him and sat down on his chair. He opened one of his drawers and laid a golden badge on the table, „This will be yours from now on, keep it safe. I guess Ahn Chilhyun gave you some NACS ID card already.“ Yunho returned to his papers, „You can go now.“

Jonghyun nodded happily and took the badge and fixed it on his belt, next to his gun. Now he was a permanent member of the Mannerism Investigation Division team and he was sure that he would get along well with everyone; soon, he just won't be a member but part of their little family.