Our eyes

What We Coud Have Been
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was awkward for Taeyeon to be walking home with the Jessica; the person who she really thought had disappeared. The latter had found it weird how the ice princess was so casual talking to her again.

“You’ve changed a lot.” Jessica spoke out. The brunette’s arms had swung back and forth slightly with each step she took. Jessica had looked at Taeyeon and smiled. “So you decided to go back to your natural hair color?”

Taeyeon nodded. After Jessica had left, Taeyeon had dyed her hair black and left it that color for a year. She didn’t know why she broke off her hair dying habit, but it didn’t bother her that much. Taeyeon had noticed that Jessica’s hair color was still the same; the same light brown shade that always complemented her skin.

“When I first entered the bar, I really thought that it wasn’t you until I saw your eyes.” Jessica added.

Taeyeon stopped in her tracks. Her eyes? How can a person tell someone by their eyes? Jessica had stopped slightly in front of Taeyeon and turned back the black haired girl, tilting her head in confusion.

“My eyes?” Taeyeon asked.

Jessica nodded. “They still look the same. The onyx-like features and the little spark that always pop out no matter where you are.”

Jessica had turned back and started walking while Taeyeon stood still in her place. The latter had felt her heart slightly skip a beat as she heard Jessica’s explanation. Puzzled, Taeyeon sighed inwardly and tried to clear the thought of what her heart just did. She looked back up to see Jessica slowly walking away and looking up to the sky.

“I guess the stars are shy tonight. You can always see the stars in San Francisco; all them at once.” Jessica cooed.

Taeyeon looked up. The sky was empty, pitch black; it was missing its charming lights that would usually make the nights better. Taeyeon had always liked stars. They were her friends at night when she was alone at the apartment listening to sad songs, walking at the Han River and just hanging out on the roof. She knew they would never leave, even on this night when the stars weren’t showing, they were still out there, waiting to shine and comfort her the next night.

Taeyeon had replayed what Jessica had said about the stars. Did the brunette just say San Francisco? Her home town, all the way in America? Is that were the ice princess had run

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter