Our ending begins 2

What We Coud Have Been
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was sitting on the ledge of the café by myself, enjoying the beautiful view of Seoul. It was right around six in the afternoon, and the sun was slowly setting. I made a mental note to thank Mr. Kwon for letting us use the roof for the rest of the day without having to pay- we would usually have to make reservations and could only have an hour on the roof. I heard from Seohyun, that Yuri had to clean the café up to this date for no money in order for our little gather to happen. I wasn’t surprised though, Yuri would usually do anything to get what she wanted, no matter what the coast.

The late afternoon breeze had brushed against the back of my neck, making the little hairs on it stand straight up. I would put on my trench coat, but Fany wanted it since she was cold. The smell of food had entered my nose, making me feel a bit warmer on the inside. I always loved it when someone else cooked food for me. Not that I’m lazy, but I wasn’t a great chief myself. My ears perked up when I heard Sooyoung call my name.

“Yah, Taeyeon! Get of that ledge and come sit with us.” Her voice was muffled due to the food she was already putting in . I inwardly sighed and said goodbye to the loneliness surrounding me and swiftly swung my legs on the other side of the ledge and hopped off. I knew my friends didn’t like it when I was like this while hanging out, but I couldn’t control it, being lonely was just in my blood. I sat down next to Sooyoung and watched her shove some cookies in . As she was in the middle of chewing, she spoke up. “You know, you have a lot of guts to sit on that ledge so comfortably. You can say you were just hanging there, with not a care in the world.”

I snickered. I wanted to say that I actually did want to hang off from the roof for a whole day, but I bit my tongue since I knew someone (or three) wouldn’t like that comment. Instead, I went with a sarcastic remark that made everyone, but one, laugh. “I have guts? I think it’s you who has the guts. I can barely manage to eat a fifth of what goes in your mouth.” It wasn’t as hurtful as it sounded, I know. Sooyoung loved these sarcastic remarks. Sarcasm was her middle name.

“I’m not upset that I have a wonderful digestive system. Anyways, I know you’re just jealous that you can’t eat as much as me and not gain weight. Everyone is.” She flipped her hair like some top model and smiled slyly at me. I playfully glared at her and smiled. “Touché.”

We high fived each other and started to pick at the other finger foods around the table. I looked over to see Jessica sitting alone and on her phone. A smile that a rarely see anymore was spreaded upon it, and I knew who was behind it.

Elijah Kwon.

I wouldn’t say Elijah was a bad influence on Jessica and our friendship, but it definitely had made our friendship change; especially ours. I remember before they even dated, Jessica would always come over to my apartment with Tiffany or Hyoyeon (usually both) along with a bottle of wine. She would even sleep over at my place and sleep with me on my bed, and not give a care in the world. Now we don’t even text each other, unless its business related questions.

It would be safe to say that it broke my heart a little to see how far we’ve come apart. In fact, I think everyone has been feeling like this for that last two years. I think this is why Sunny and Yuri planned this gathering, so we could slowly bring back our warming memories. It worked though, at least seven out of nine people are having fun. I really wanted to give this gather my all, but I’ve just been down the dumps lately, I really don’t want to get out. It was dangerous, even Sunny was worried about me, but I couldn’t help it. Loneliness was a friend I knew would never change.

I heard Hyoyeon run up the stairs to the roof top and shouting that she finally got the alcohol. I bit my tongue, worried about tonight. Was it alright to drink again after drinking by myself in my room the night before? Hyoyeon’s voice interrupted my thoughts as she listed out the alcohol she managed to buy. “Don’t worry, Tiffany. I got the wine just like you asked for.” She handed Tiffany the fancy wine bottle and handed everyone else a can of beer.

“No thanks.” I said as a beer bottle was handed to me. Hyoyeon frowned, but then slyly smirked at me. I knew that smirk, it was the smirk of peer pressure. I hated how Hyoyeon was an alcohol lover and giver. If alcohol is my friend, so it has be yours too. Now drink up! Her words of my first time drinking hand ran through my head.

“Come on Taeyeon, oldest one has to drink too.” Hyoyeon said. She opened the can for me and forcefully placed it in my hand. I was about to speak up until she placed and index finger on top of my lips (so unhygienic.) She shook her head before speaking. “If you don’t finish this before we all knock out, I’m taking all your peas away.”

My peas? Was she really going to use that threat on me? Sunny already threw half of them away last year, I think I could manage to lose a couple more. I was about to tell her she was threating me for no reason until she brought up a doll I knew I couldn’t lose. “I’ll even throw away your Jack Skellington doll.”

The deal was closed. I quickly chugged half of the canned beer and made a weird face as an after effect of the beer’s bitterness. I know I said that I could lose my peas, but this Jack Skellington doll was very important to me. Someone special gave it to me and I wouldn’t know what to do if the doll had disappeared from my life. I looked up at Hyoyeon who had a victorious smile on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter