A First for Everything

The Team
Please log in to read the full chapter

“This is going to be a lot of information…” Taehyung said apologetically.

“Should I be taking notes?” You laughed.

“That probably wouldn’t be a bad idea, but its fine, we’re here if you have questions later.” Yoongi laughed.

“Okay, lets get started!” Jin said clapping her hands together. “We have four cases lined up for when we’re in New Orleans then we are going to take whatever ones we are offered while we’re there. The first one is for this older lady. She lives in an old farm house and is complaining of spirits trying to contact her.”

“At first she thought it was her deceased husband but she says things have been moving around. Probably a poltergeist.” Jungkook said. “We have a file of her claims of occurrences.”

Jin Continued, “Second case is a mother who wants us to get in contact with her son. He passed over around a year ago and she wants us to bring him back to speak with him.

“The third one is what we think to be possession. The parents said they think their daughter has been taken over. And the last one is a simple cleansing.”

“Wow.” You said, taking it all in. “So won’t I just be in the way?”

“Not at all.” Jimin said, sitting beside you. “There are a lot of times where things will start happening when we’re in there, in that case we’ll need you to help us figure things out.”

“Okay, great.” You smiled.

“Is this all your stuff?” You heard a yell from the hallway.

Namjoon came into the room, dragging your suitcases behind him.

“Yes it is.”

“Theres so much of it.” Hoseok voiced, more to himself than to you.

“Yea…I tried to downsize, but since we’re going to be away for so long I couldn’t really.” You explained.

“This one is so heavy!” He grunted as he picked it up over the threshold.

“Yea, that has all my books in it. Since I didn’t know what the cases would be I packed a lot of different things, just incase we’re in a bind.”

“Good thinking.” Taehyung snapped his fingers, nodding with a smile. “Also, we have your first job for you.”

“What is it?”

“You have to find us a van to rent when we get there that has to hold all eight of us and space for all our gear.”

“You guys haven’t done that already?” You quirked your eyebrow.

“Well we tried, but none of us can really speak English that well so we thought it would just be easier if you did it.”

“Yea, sure I can.” You nodded.

“You can use this computer.” Hoseok got up from the computer chair and motioned for you to sit down.

You took a seat and got to work looking for companies while the guys packed around you.

You couldn’t get over how much stuff they were taking with them. As you searched the Internet they were packing, cords, monitors, hard drives, and a lot of things you didn’t know the name of.

“So, I think I found something. It isn’t ideal but it’s probably the best we can get on such short notice.” You pulled away from the screen so they could see.

“That?” Jimin laughed.

You looked back towards the screen at the short purple bus.

“Yea, this is pretty much out only option. I can look and see if we can get something later so we don’t have to use this the whole time but I think this is going to be it. It says in the description that its two hundred a week, which isn’t that bad and the back three rows of seats are taking out.”

“Looks like this is our ride then.” Jin said.

“Awesome!” Hoseok smiled, raising his hand for a high five.

Everyone stared at him blankly, but you got up and gave him a high five.

“Yea!” Taehyung yelled.

Then everyone was yelling around you, high fiving and hugging.

“We’re going to New Orleans!” Yoongi shook your shoulders.

“Thanks so much for taking the job.” Taehyung hugged you, and before you knew it you were in the middle of seven guys hugging you.

“Guys!” You tried to yell. “I can’t breath.”

“Oh, sorry!” Everyone pulled away, laughing awkwardly.

“So what movie were you watching before I came in?”

“The grudge.” Yoongi answered plainly.

“The what?” You asked.

“You’ve never seen the grudge? It’s a classic.” Taehyung said haughtily.

“I don’t watch horror movies.”

“Lady, you have a degree in occult history and you don’t watch horror

Please log in to read the full chapter