Making My Way

The Team
Please log in to read the full chapter

You could hear the bedroom door opening slowly, not comprehending where you were. Since you started sleeping you had been having weird dreams; waking up every fifteen minutes or so.

“Chaeyeon…” You could hear shuffling. “Chaeyeon, we have to get ready to go now…” The voice waited another few minutes, “If you don’t sit up I’m going to turn the light on.”

You groaned and sat up, making it apparent that you were struggling with it. You rubbed your eyes, not caring about what you looked like.

“Okay good.” Yoongi said. “I’m gonna give you five minutes and if you aren’t out I’m coming back.”

“Yea, yea…” You waved him out of the room as you pushed the blankets off of you. You changed your pants and ran your fingers through your hair quickly, trusting that it looked good in the dark.

You walked slowly out of the room and down the hallway, already hearing everyone’s voices in the living room.

“Oh good, you’re up.” Hoseok said as you stepped into the kitchen. “Want a drink?”

“Just water, thanks.” You said smiling.

“I’m making waffles for everyone before we go. Do you want some?”

“Yea that would be nice.” You sat on the bar stool against the wall. “So what did you do before all this?” You asked, gesturing into the living room at the guys and all of the equipment.

“I was in school for natural sciences, geology and stuff. I was really good with using the equipment and everything and I had an increased interest in the supernatural. Taehyung and I used to be friends and we kept in touch and one time he offered me to work on a job while Jin was away and we all worked really well together so I stayed on.”

“Cool. So do you guys get a lot of cases?” You asked, becoming interested.

“A fair amount. One or two a week, depending on how much time one will take. Sometimes we are in there for days monitoring the space and doing readings before we can do anything about the problem.” He explained, nodding to himself as he opened the waffle maker.

“So what we’re doing in New Orleans…they’re regular cases for you guys?”

“Sort of. The ones in New Orleans are the same as things we’ve dealt with but…more extreme.” He chose his words carefully.

“More extreme?” You asked, quirking your eyebrow and leaning your elbows on your knees.

“Yea,” He took another round of waffles out of the waffle maker. “Okay guys, they’re done!”

And that was the end of the discussion.

You all ate quickly, barely talking. Each guy averaged five waffles while you ate one. You went to the washroom and then decided to check over all the books you had brought with you one last time before the taxis had to be loaded.

Like clockwork, as the last box was finished being packed the taxi called from the street.

It took five trips to get everything down to the street and into the taxis. The drivers shook their heads at all of the stuff.

You got in the first taxi with Jimin, Taehyung, and Jin after the guys argued for five minutes about who was going to go where. You weren’t in the mood. The anxiety of traveling was already starting to set on you so you got into one of the vans and let them argue it out.

“You okay?” Jin asked you after ten minutes in the van.

You lifted your head up from the window. “Yea, I just don’t like flying very much…I’m just anticipating it.” You smiled at him.

“Oh, yea, I’m not a fan either.” He admitted, “I’ll sit next to you and we can distract each other.” He suggested, “And I have sleeping pills so we could potentially sleep the whole way.” He laughed.

“Sounds perfect.” You nodded, feeling better already.

You spent the rest of the ride listening to Jimin and Taehyung making small talk with the taxi driver, almost falling asleep again.

When the taxi’s pulled up to the airport, Jungkook, Jin and Jimin ran inside to get some carts for all of the equipment and everyone else started unloading the vans onto the sidewalk.

“How are we going to get all this stuff checked in time?” You asked Taehyung.

“We have to go to a special counter. I already called in about it so we’ll be fine.” He smiled.

You looked over at him. You hadn’t realized how tall he was compared to you. He had an air of comfort around him. He was wearing black skinny jeans and beat up blue converse with a baseball shirt, his snapback attached to one of the belt loops of his pants. Even though you didn’t know any of them very well you were happy Taehyung was there, you didn’t have to feel uncomfortable around him.

The next forty minutes were hectic, loading and unloading the carts, getting all of the equipment wrapped and ready to go on the conveyer belt and finally getting your own bags checked.

You were finally finished and stood in line for security with

Please log in to read the full chapter