Connections

The Team
Please log in to read the full chapter

You ordered at least six more rounds of shots for everyone. You drank so fast that you didn’t even feel drunk.

Until you did.

It just hit you all at once.

“Come dance with me!” You said to Hoseok, pulling him up.

“Let’s go!” He cheered as he followed you into the middle of the bar. There wasn’t a lot of people dancing, but enough that you didn’t feel weird about it.

You spun around, taking Hoseok with you then pulled him close.

You danced crazily, spinning and twisting, just having fun. You danced for a long time, and then you felt the room tilt.

“Whoa!” You laughed, grabbing Hoseok’s arm.

“You good?” He asked, although he wasn’t doing much better than you were.

“Yea, it all just hit me!” You took his hand. “Let’s go sit down.”

He followed you, sliding into the booth behind you and putting his arm around your shoulder.

“Having a good time?” You asked the guys.

“This is awesome!” Jimin said before downing his beer. “Way better than in Korea!” He laughed and pushed another shot towards you, which you took in an instant.

“Someone’s missing.” You said. You noticed you were starting to over exaggerate your words.

“Yea, Yoongi went outside for some air.” Taehyung said, breaking from his conversation with Namjoon for a moment.

“That sounds like a good idea.” You said. “Can you let me out?” You asked Hoseok, tapping his leg to move.

“Can you make it out to the door?” He asked as he pulled you up from the bench.

“I think so,” You smiled. “Thanks though.”

You stumbled out to the front of the bar, keeping your hand on the bar for the most part. You pushed the front door open. It was heavy and you had to put all of your weight on it to get it to budge for you. You practically fell outside, stumbling to get your footing back before you face planted in the dirt.

“You should really slow down with the drinks.” You heard someone say behind you.

You brushed your shirt down, huffing, “What’s it to you?” You turned around and you made a face before walking over to sit beside Yoongi on the ground.

“Just looking out for you.” He laughed, taking a drag from his cigarette.

“You smoke?” You asked.

“What’s it to you?” He laughed, putting it out against the brick wall.

“Oh, nothing.” You shook your head. “To each his own.”

“I only smoke when I drink.” He said.

“Isn’t that what everyone says?” You turned so you were facing him more. You sat campstyle with your dress pushed down in between your legs.

“Very lady-like.” He stated before continuing, “But I am one of the few that mean it. Drinking gives me a weird feeling.”

“And the weird feeling makes you smoke?” You weren’t following.

“No, stupid.” He shook his head. “It just makes me feel less anxious.”

“You get anxious when you drink?” The air was starting to sober you and the wind against your face woke you up a bit. You leaned your head against the wall, staring at Yoongi as he stared into the parking lot.

“I don’t think it’s the alcohol.” He tried to explain, “I just start to feel weird, I get kind of melancholy.” He sighed a laugh that sounded sad.

“I get sad when I drink sometimes too.” You said.

“Not tonight.” He pointed inside, “You were the happiest person in there.”

“Yea, maybe so.” You chuckled. “But this place is so new, and I have no problems here.” You said. “Here there’s just the eight of us and a bus and that’s it.”

“You escape your problems very easily.”

“Yea, a plane and thousands of miles are what I call ‘easy’ too.” You said sarcastically.

“You know what I mean.”

“Yea…”

The mood deepened, Yoongi’s mellow mood rubbing off on you. It was nice to share the mood with someone instead of sitting in it by yourself. You couldn’t remember sitting with someone like this and not feeling like an idiot for talking about it.

“So,” He started after a few minutes, “Are you excited for your first job?”

“I don’t think excited is the right word.” You said. “I would say nervous…or terrified. But not excited.” You adjusted your legs so they were stretched out in front of you, matching Yoongi’s position against the wall.

“Well don’t worry too much.” He said, trying to reassure you. “We’re a team and we’ll make sure nothing happens to you, or to any of us.” He smiled, nudging your arm. “We usually have a pretty good handle on things, anyways.”

“This is just all so new to me. I’m pretty sure when I came in and you all found out that I had no experience with this you were all like ‘what the hell is this girl’s deal?’”

“Only a little bit. But by the end of the night that was out of our minds.” He smiled.

“Good.” You rested your head on his shoulder and you both sat for a while longer, the air becoming cooler and cooler by the minute.

“You’re freezing.” Yoongi said, breaking you from your thoughts. “Let’

Please log in to read the full chapter