Welcome to the New Job

The Team
Please log in to read the full chapter

You stood in front of the apartment door working up the nerve to knock. You were outrageously nervous and you didn’t really know what you were getting into.

You knocked, three times.

“Who is it?” You heard a guy yell.

“It’s Chaeyeon…we emailed.” You could hear quick footsteps coming towards the door and you took a step back.

The door swung open and a tall guy with shaggy hair stood in front of you.

“Hi.” You said, smiling after he didn’t speak for a while.

“Oh, uh, hi.” He stuck out his hand and you shook it. “I’m sorry, I didn’t think you would be a girl. I’m Taehyung. Please, come in.” He stepped to the side, still holding the door open for you.

You slid your shoes off and followed Taehyung down the hall.

“You probably had a hard time finding this place, it’s kind of out of the way.” He said, laughing curtly.

“Out of the way is putting it lightly.” You laughed. “And parking was a whole other issue. But its fine.”

“So the team is in here,” He stepped into the living room and you were met with six other people. “Everyone introduce yourselves.”

“I’m Yoongi.” A guy said, sitting at a computer.

“Jungkook.” Said the guy leaning over him to look at the computer screen.

“Jimin.” The one on the couch said.

“I’m Namjoon, nice to meet you.” He walked across the room and offered his hand, just like Taehyung had done.

“Nice to meet you.” You gave him your hand.

“I’m Seokjin, but everyone just calls me Jin, and the guy over there is Hoseok.”  You looked past him to the guy with his back to you sitting at a computer with headphones on.

“Everyone, this is Chaeyeon.” Taehyung said. “Can you get him off that?” He asked Jin.

Jin pulled the headphones of Hoseok’s ears and he turned around quickly.

“What’s your prob-” He stopped talking when he say you standing there. “Oh, hey, I’m Hoseok.”

“Chaeyeon.” You said with a small wave.

“As I was going to say, Chaeyeon is here because of the add we put up.” He moved some stuff off the couch for you to sit down. 

You looked around the living room and were surprised by everything in it. It was packed. Seven computers, television monitors everywhere, and so much gear everywhere that you didn’t know the uses for. You tried to keep your attention on what Taehyung was saying and stop looking around the room.

“So I know that the add didn’t have a lot of information but from past experience the more people know about what we do the less people contact us for the job.” He laughed.

“So how many people have contacted you?” You asked him.

He was quiet but Jungkook spoke up, “Just you.” The guy beside him, Yoongi, nudged him.

“So why don’t you explain now.” You said, “I’m sure I can help.”

“Well you would be the last part of our team. We get calls quite often and sometimes have to travel fair distances. We need an occult specialist.”

“So what do you guys do then?” You were sitting on the end of the sofa anxiously.

“We are ghost hunters.”

You stared at him blankly, “Are you serious?” You said after a minute.

“Yeah…”

“This is when she leaves.” Namjoon narrated.

“No,” You said, sitting back in your seat. “I’m interested. I just need some more information.” You had recently graduated university and this was the first job you were even close to getting.

“Okay, so we have been working together for about two years now, most of us from other teams or solo work. Hoseok and Seokjin work with the equipment, Jimin works with the cameras and monitors during the excursions. Yoongi and Jungkook both specialize in poltergeists and astringed spirits, and Namjoon and I specialize in possession.”

“So

Please log in to read the full chapter