Grumpy

Author's note: Long update. I was planning to divide this in two parts by I got lazy. Typos and grammar errors pardon. Sorry. Anyway, just read and have fun :-)

••••••

GRUMPY (EVER SINCE THAT DAY)

Once upon a time, there was a peaceful town called “Village Valley”. Everyone in the town knows each other and the all the villagers are hospitable and really friendly towards each other... Well, maybe not everyone because a woman name Kim Taeyeon is an exception.

Kim Taeyeon, a woman in her middle age. Despite her baby like face, she's quite famous in the village for her monstrous like attitude. Children rumors spread that Kim Taeyeon is a witch because her black painted old house is isolated from her neighbors. Well, of course she's not really a witch but children's parents in the town just told it to their kids so that they will not go in the Kim Taeyeon's yard or else...

“YAH, YOU LITTLE DWARF! WHO FU#&%# TOLD YOU THAT YOU CAN STEP INSIDE MY FU#&$% YARD?!” An angry little blonde lady pointed to a blonde little boy who's currently busy picking flowers in the yard

Yes, that lady is no other than Kim Taeyeon the towns' famous grumpy ajumma.

“Ajumma, your flowers are beautiful...I just want to pick up some so I can give it to my girlfriend.” the little boy said

“WHAT NONSENSE GIRLFRIEND YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?! YOU'RE JUST ING THREE AND YOU ALREADY GOT A DAMN GIRLFRIEND?!”

“Awesome right Ajumma? I have a girlfriend while you don't have.” the young kid giggled and teased the angry woman in front of him

Taeyeon is an old maid who does not have any love life because most of the men in their town are scared of her and intimidated by her glares especially when Taeyeon goes out of her house to go on the market. Her aura gives her neighbors' creeps and shivers on their body. This little boy is so innocent and has not yet experience Kim Taeyeon's wrath...maybe now he will.

“Why you little brat!” Taeyeon pulled up the child at the back of his collar and lift him off the ground

“Aaa, Ajumma let me go!” the child was struggling on the older lady's hold

“I'm not ajumma, I'm noona!” Taeyeon scoffed at the child

“You're an ajumma, my mommy told me you're an old wicked witch!” the child said

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”

“Y-You're a witch?” the child was beginning to be scared at angry tempered Taeyeon

“Oh right...yes I'm a witch! What should I do to this young boy then?” Taeyeon said while thinking

“A-Ajumma...”

“Noona!” Taeyeon corrected

“Noona...I-I'm sorry...please l-let me goo,” the child said who was on a verge of crying

“Hmmm...Noona's haven't taken her lunch...should I cook this little boy in my magic casserole?” Taeyeon made fun of the scared boy whom she's currently lifting on the air through her hands that were holding on his collar.

“Huwaaaah!” the boy cried

“YAH, YOU LITTLE BRAT...I'M GOING TO LET YOU GO BUT I'M GOING TO COUNT TO THREE. IF YOU ARE STILL ON MY LAWN WITHIN THREE SECONDS, I'M GOING TO PUT YOU ON MY CASSEROLE AND HAVE YOU FOR DINNER!” Taeyeon threatened the poor child and loosen her hold to the boy's shirt.

“1...2...”

“Aaaaaaaahhhhh ummmaaaaa aaaaapppppaaaaa!!!” the young boy fled in terror leaving behind his newly picked flowers in the yard.

Taeyeon shook her head as she looked down at her favorite flowers.

“Gosh, my poor roses...”

It's Friday today, Taeyeon went to a painting store to buy a new canvass. She's not really a social outcast, she just hates people in general. Every time she goes out of the house, her neighbor will always look at her like she's the most interesting person in the world. She's inside of the painting shop and the girl on the cashier was just staring at her in awe. Taeyeon gets annoyed to the girl.

“What are you staring at?” Taeyeon said sternly

“Y-You're Kim Taeyeon right?”  the short red head girl in the cashier said

“So what if I am?” Taeyeon said keeping her stoic face

“I-I...I thought you're not real...” The short red head girl said nervously

“What do you think of me? A ing ghost?!” Taeyeon got pissed

“N-No...but they s-said you're a witch...”

“Oh is that so? Say Sunny-shi...” Taeyeon looked at the girl's name tag and continued speaking “If you do not punch my canvass quickly you'll get cursed later on.” Taeyeon glared a the girl

“O-Oh...You can get those f-for free” the short red head girl said nervously

Taeyeon get the canvass immediately and went out of the shop

“Urgh stupid people! Do I really look like a ing witch?!” Taeyeon muttered on herself

Taeyeon walked to her house and an old man yelled at her

“YOU MONSTER, WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY CHILD?!?” the man said angrily

“I DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR ING CHILD, LEAVE ME ALONE!” Taeyeon ignored the man

“YOU MADE MY LITTLE BOY CRY!” The man was angry and continued to bug Taeyeon

“THIS IS MY LAST WARNING MISTER, LEAVE ME ALONE,” Taeyeon said flatly

The man took Taeyeon's canvas and threw it on the ground casing it to break apart.

“WHAT THE ?! THAT'S IT YOU BASTARD.” Taeyeon gripped the man's shoulders and throw him like what he did to her canvas

“Ouch!” the man groan in pain

“YOU, DELIVER ME A NEW CANVAS TOMORROW OR ELSE, I'LL SET YOUR HOUSE ON FIRE!” Taeyeon threatened the man

“Y-Yes...” the man ran away in terror

On the next day, Taeyeon impatiently waited for her new canvass to arrive but it never did. She lost her patience and stood up and get a bottle full of gas and a lighter on her hands. It’s Sunday today, so most of the people went to the church including the Byun’s household. She went to Byun’s household and light the lighter and throw the bottle on the man's house and there she left a note.

“MR. BYUN,YOU'RE LUCKY I DIDN'T BURN YOUR ENTIRE ESTATE. I GAVE YOU A CHANCE BUT YOU DID NOT FULFIL YOUR PROMISE, YOU LIAR. I AM A MAN OF MY WORDS JUST SO YOU KNOW. TRY TO STEP ON MY YARD AGAIN AND BULLY ME, I'LL REALLY BURN YOUR ENTIRE HOUSE DOWN AND I'LL INCLUDE YOUR PRECIOUS CAR TOO! -KTY”

She called the firemen on the phone to report the fire and left the place.

Days have passed, Kim Taeyeon is not just a with to the town people but she is also a rumored psychotic murderous criminal because of what she did to the Byun's house. She scoffed when she saw the border line the town people made on her house and a signage “Warning, danger zone. Do not cross”

“Ah, Mr.Byun so exaggerating. I didn't even burn his entire house down.” she shook her head and went back into her house.

ΔΔΔΔΔ

Meanwhile, a young american girl was fleeing from a group of men working on a sharkloan.

‘, I'm running out of gas! Urgh.” she stepped on her gas harder to fill her car's speed but the shark loan men's car was faster than hers and cornered her car

“Aaa, great!” she said sarcastically

Three men went out of the car and knocked on her car door.

“Miss beautiful, open up.” a bald man said

She nervously opened the door up and raised her hand

“I got no money to pay and I'm not healthy enough to offer you my kidney.” the girl said as she closed her eyes. The men just laughed out loud

“Aah you girl is funny eh?” the men in a polka dot suit said

“What, aren't you going to kill me?” the girl said

“We are sharkloans Missie...not a murderous killer. We just need your money and boom! You can live your life peacefully.”

“But I told you, I have no money!”

“Hmmm... You can give us something you own. Like your house and whatnots”

“I only rent my place so I do not have a house... I'll pay you...I'll pay you soon!” the girl tried to convince the men

“I've heard that before... The last time you said that was three years ago.”

“I promise this time, I swear!”

The bald men whispered on the man wearing a red leather jacket.

“Your car looks nice Miss Hwang.” the man wearing a leather jacket said

“Yes, I customized it myself...it's pink and it's very cool but what about my car?”

“Give me your key...”

“No, why should I?”

“Urgh! You're really pain in the .” the man get the key from the girl

“Hey!”

“It's ours now!” the bald man get a rope and tied the rope to the pink car and their car

“Oh, this is a cool payment Miss Hwang! We'll just have to recolor it black.” the man in polka-dot suit said

“Don't you dare!”

“Nah-uh. It's ours now or we'll sell you in a black market to be a wife of some hopeless romantic and old dudes over there...”

The girl can't do anything but to agree to give away her car. She helplessly watched her car being tugged by the other car in front. The three men entered their car.

“Bye Miss Hwang!” the three men said

“Wait! Aren't you taking me with you?”

“Uhm, no”

“But I do not now this place! How can I survive here?!”

“You'll make it some how Miss Hwang, don't worry. We'll send you a picture of your car once it gets repainted! Hahaha!” the three men laughed out loud and drove away leaving the girl behind.

“Urgh, what a luck.” the girl muffled a curse

The girl started to walk around on what it seems eternity until she saw a signage “Village Valley”

“Oh, Thank God, a civilization! I thought I'm going to be stuck here in the desert like isolated place.” she ran towards the sign board and enter the town.

She saw a little boy playing a toy car tied in a thread as he runs happily. She followed the boy until the boy stopped on a certain border and she read the signage “Warning. Danger zone. Do not cross.” The girl looked for the young boy but the boy already ran far away. She got curious about the warning sign and the black house that she can see from a distant. She crossed the border and walked towards the house.

“Whoa, daebak! A black house, it could've been cooler if it's pink though.” The girl said to herself as she stood in front of the house's gate. She opened the gate and looked at the flowers in the yard.

“Omo, these roses are beautiful!” she picked one and walked towards the house's main door. She knocked on the door.

“Hello? Is anybody home?” she opened the door, she saw a very neat and pleasant environment. The house looks vintage and the walls are full of paintings. She walked in and saw a grand piano and she decided to sit and play.

“Wow! Cool, this piano must be antique.”

I heard some screeches around so I decided to check it out until I saw a little white lady.

“Boo!”

“Aaaaah!” I broke a huge vase on the top of the piano.

She hit me with some object and I lose my consciousness.

ΔΔΔΔΔ

“Yah, thief! Wake up or I'll splash you some water!” Taeyeon warned the girl whom she tied on a chair

“Urgh, my head...”

“Don't over react. I only hit you with my Totoro!”

The girl with a dark hair opened her eyes and she realized she was tied

“Let me go!” the girl tried to unloose her rope.

“Why should I? You're a fu#&% thief!”

“I'm not a thief, I swear!”

“HOW CAN YOU FU#%*$ EXPLAIN YOUR UNINVITED PRESENCE HERE IN MY HOUSE?! I THOUGHT NO ONE WILL COME HERE BECAUSE OF THE SIGNAGE BUT HERE, A THIEF ENTERED MY PROPERTY AND EVEN PICKED UP MY LOVING ROSE ON MY YARD!!!” Taeyeon get angry

“I'm not a thief...I'm a...I'm a traveler! Yes, a traveler! I kind of get lost.” the girl said

“AND OF ALL THE PLACES ON EARTH, YOU CHOSE TO ARRIVE HERE?! OH PLEASE...YOU'RE STUPID ALIBIS IS JUST AS STUPID AS YOU AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS TOWN.” Taeyeon scoffed

“I'm an American! I do not know where I am I swear! Some guys have been following me and took my car and I got lost.” The girl said

“Should I lend you to the police? Hmmm...but the officers in this town will probably just gawked and ogle at you... What should I do with you?” Taeyeon was thinking

“You could uh...let me go?”

“No, you thief...”

“But I didn't steal anything...see?”

“Just because I caught you before you can do!”

“Urgh, This little kid.”

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!” Taeyeon hates it when people call her old and kid. She's a middle age woman, not a kindergarten or a senior citizen.

“I said you're a little grumpy kid!”

“You're so not going to get out of this house alive!” Taeyeon stood up and left the girl tied on her kitchen

“Yah! Come back here and untie me!”

ΔΔΔΔΔ

It's already morning and still, the girl was still tied to the chair, Taeyeon opened her kitchen door to eat her breakfast.

“Yah, untie me!” the girl said

“No,” Taeyeon said as she chews her pancake

“Then at least let me eat”

“No.”

“But I haven't eaten anything since yesterday.” the girl pouted

“Not my problem.”

“Hey, have you got no mercy? If I’ll die because of hunger I’m going to hmmmmpppp....”

“You're so loud you know?” Taeyeon shove a bread on the girl's mouth

“My hands are tied...” The girl complained

“Urgh, shut up.”

“I can't eat, my hands are tied”

Taeyeon gets a handcuff on her drawer and untie the girl on the chair. Taeyeon put the other end of the handcuff on her hands and the other end on the girl's hand

“What are you doing?!”

“So that you can't steal anything from my house and you will have no plans for escape,” Taeyeon said as she dragged the girl on the table to eat. The other girl started to eat with her left hand as because Taeyeon's left hand and her right hand were handcuffed.

“Yah!”

“Urgh, what is it this time?!”

“I want to pee...”

“Then go pee and shut the fu#% up!”

“but our hands...”

“Urgh, fine. Follow me.”

Taeyeon dragged the girl on her washroom

“Go on...”

“But you're here...”

“So?”

‘I need my privacy...”

“Urgh, this girl!” Taeyeon started to find the key in her pocket

“I forgot to bring the key,” Taeyeon said

“But I want to pee so badly right now!” the girl complained

“Then just pee! I'll just turn my back on you. Gosh, you have so many complaints!”

The other girl started to do her business and Taeyeon, on the other hand, gets impatient.

“Are you done yet?”

“No, don't turn!”

“Urgh, faster okay?”

Taeyeon went to her room to change her clothes ignoring the other girl's presence

“Yah, don't change, I'm just beside you, have you got no shame?” the other girl protested

“You talk too much. You're a girl, what's wrong with you?!” Taeyeon sighed and ignored the girl

The girl blushed extremely as they get out of the room.

ΔΔΔΔΔ

Taeyeon decided to paint on her yard. She brought her canvass with her and dragged the other girl because of their handcuffs connection.

“Who's that man?”

“...” Taeyeon ignored the girl and continued to paint

The girl looked around and asked again

“Why your house is black?”

“Why are you so talkative and annoying?”

“You draw beautifully but it's already two hours you've been painting. I'm bored.”

“I don't care.”

“Yah, I said I'm bored!” the girl went closer to Taeyeon to get her attention

“Yah, get away from me, you fu#% stink!”

“That's because I haven't taken my shower because of you!”

“Urgh, fine.”

Taeyeon led the girl to the bathroom.

“Go, shower”

“But you're here!”

“Urgh, just don't try to do anything funny or you'll be darned.” Taeyeon unlocks the handcuff and went out of the bathroom. After a few minutes, the girl went out of the bathroom with a towel covering her body.

“Can you lend me clothes?”

“No”

“Urgh, I'll still stink if I use my previous clothes!”

“Urgh, shut up. Here!” Taeyeon shoved clothes to the girl

The night time came Taeyeon was reading her newspaper while the girl beside her was sulking.

“Why don't you just let me go?” the girl said as she stared at the handcuff

“Because you broke my vase. Don't you know how expensive is that?” Taeyeon said

“That's because you hit me!”

“I HIT YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE An FU#%#& THEFT NOW SHUT UP.”

“”Sorry, I broke your precious vase, now will you let me go?”

“No, you have to pay for it.”

“PAY FOR IT? BUT I DO NOT HAVE MONEY!” The girl complained

“Then you're going to work for it until you pay for it.”

“What?!”

“Urgh, you're so loud and annoying...here.” Taeyeon get a paper on the table and shove it to the girl

“What is this”

“Have you got no eyes? Read it.”

“Contract of Slavery...Damn, what is this? A forced labor?! I won't do it!”

“If you signed that, you’ll loose this handcuff because you’ll be legally mine. It will only have an effect for two years so stop complaining idiot. All you have to do is follow my commands then you're free”

“What If do not like to?”

“Then, I'll send you to the police and those guys will ogle at you and probably if you're a , you'll get out the opposite on the prison.” Taeyeon threatened

Taeyeon lives in this town for a long time, she knows how the system works in their police officers. It doesn't mean that all police are as bad as that but some are just fools for the beautiful woman especially this woman is a foreigner so she'll have fewer rights here in this town if that happens.

“I...I-I...Is that r-really t-true?”

“I don't care if you believe me or not”

“F-Fine...I'll work for you!” the girl said

“Yeah, now sign that paper.”

The girl writes her name on the paper and signed it. Taeyeon looked at the paper and read it.

“Tiffany Hwang...Now, I own you.” Taeyeon said

ΔΔΔΔΔ

Ever since that day, Tiffany worked for Taeyeon. Taeyeon never really talks to her that much but everytime Taeyeon talk to her it's just full of commands. Tiffany hated Taeyeon's highest level of bossiness and anger issues. Taeyeon is like a time bomb, when she gets angry, she explodes like sh*t and her scary and icy glares make Tiffany shiver. Tiffany was very tired because of Taeyeon unending commands. She just trim all the grass on the yard and laundry the clothes, now she's sitting on the balcony for a rest until Taeyeon called her name.

“HWANG!”

“What is it now?!”

“Stand up there you lazy bum, we're going out,” Taeyeon said as she hold checklist on her hand

“I'm not interested to date you.” Tiffany said flatly

“Oh, dream on Hwang. We're going to the market to buy some food.”

It's the first time since Tiffany got a chance to explore the town. The town is simple and refreshing. What intrigued her the most is how people stare at Taeyeon as they walk together towards the market. Taeyeon and she entered the grocery, Taeyeon was busy completing her checklist until someone talked to Tiffany.

“You're new in this town?” A small red head girl said

“Yes, my name is Tiffany Hwang.” she shook the girl's hand and smiled at the shorter girl

“Lee Sunny...”

“Nice to meet you.”

“So you come here in the grocery alone?”

“No, I come here with her.” Tiffany pointed at Taeyeon. Sunny gasped in surprised and interrogated Tiffany

“Y-You're joking right?”

“I'm not.”

“But that's impossible! Did Taeyeon cast a spell on you?”

“What?”

“I didn't know that grumpy ajumma has a friend.”

“Ajumma?”

“Yeah, she's an old maid and you know what... Stories here in this town are circulating that she's a witch.”

“What?”

“She threatened numerous children that goes on her yard that she will cook them in her casserole and recently she just set Mr.Byun's house on fire. She's dangerous Tiffany. Haven't you seen the border line on her house?”

“Oh, that's is it for. But how come she can freely enter the down if people can't enter the border near her house?”

“Because she's still one of the town's people. She paid her taxes well and she rarely appears here in the town anyway.” Sunny explained

“Oh.” Tiffany was digesting what Sunny told her

“Miss Sunny...We meet again.”

The two girls looked back and it was Taeyeon.

“O-Oh, Miss K-Kim Taeyeon...Y-You shop...here? Hehe” Sunny chuckled nervously

“Yes, I'm currently buying some ingredients...”

“Ingredients?”

“To cast a spell on you!”

“Aaaa...Please d-don't! I'll give y-you free canvass again in my shop!”

‘Really?”

“Y-Yeah, and some paint brush too!”

“Okay. deliver it on the border tomorrow. I'll just pick it up.” Taeyeon said casually as she passed by the two.

“Let's go, Hwang”

“Good luck Tiffany,” Sunny said

Tiffany nodded and followed Taeyeon. Taeyeon was the center of attention in the grocery store, Taeyeon reciprocate her neighbour's stares with her deadly glares. After they finished the groceries, Taeyeon asked Tiffany to carry them all and as usual, Tiffany has to comply even though she's having a hard time lifting the heavy plastics.

“Hwang, starting from now, you're going to buy the groceries in the town for me.”

“What if I don't come back?”

“Don't worry, I have the contract. The police will arrest you or more so, the bears near the forest border will eat you.” Taeyeon flatly said

“O-Okay, I'll come b-back...”

“Hmmm...”

“So, you're a witch?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon as they walk toward the house

“STUPID, DO I LOOK LIKE A FU#%& WITCH?!” Taeyeon scoffed

“Yes.”

“WHY YOU...YOU'RE GOING TO SLEEP OUTSIDE THE HOUSE TONIGHT!”

And so, Taeyeon did it. She made Tiffany sleep outside the house and ignored Tiffany's knocks on the door. Tiffany thought that it's a good chance to escape but knowing that she doesn't know her way back home and she doesn't know the town herself, she needs Taeyeon. She's now working for Taeyeon, it's hard but Taeyeon provide her food and clothes despite of her stingy monstrous attitude so it's better than nothing.

Tiffany was shivering cold as she sat on the door step

“Heartless midget...” she scoffed as she imagined Taeyeon's face and she drifted to sleep

On the next day, Tiffany felt unusual warm and comfort. A smell of the autumn air. She opened her eyes and realized she was hugging a person. She was snuggling with Kim Taeyeon on the bed. She thought she was still dreaming but she touched Taeyeon's hand and it was real. She looked at Taeyeon's face as the latter sleeps. She sleeps like a peaceful child.

“I never imagined this meanie monster can be cute.” Tiffany chuckled

She continued to study Taeyeon's face as she moved closer until Taeyeon opened her eyes.

“Aaaaah!” Tiffany screamed

“Shut up, it's early in the morning and you're so loud.” Taeyeon was about to continue her sleep but Tiffany interrogated her

“What ersion did you do to me?” Tiffany said as she shook Taeyeon

“Ah, shut up and dream on Hwang,” Taeyeon said

“But how did I get here?!”

“You were shivering and sick last night you weak entity, I was forced to put you here on the bed,” Taeyeon said

“But why are you hugging me?”

“Stupid, you were whining last night and forcing me to hug you to keep you warm. It's your fault.” Taeyeon faced her back to the latter and returned to her sleep.

Tiffany realized what happened and felt touch my Taeyeon's kind gesture on her.

“T-Thank you...”

“Just shut up and sleep”

“Hmmm...”

Tiffany lies down again beside Taeyeon and continued her sleep.

ΔΔΔΔΔ

Ever since that day, her perception on Taeyeon began to change. She got use by Taeyeon's cruel and grumpy attitude and rare kind gestures. It's been a year since she started working for Taeyeon. She knows that Taeyeon cares for her but Taeyeon still keeps her cold and rude facade towards Tiffany. Tiffany never saw Taeyeon smile, and actually no one does but she knows that Taeyeon is not a monster like what she potrays to be. She also met some people in the town everytime Taeyeon asked her to run some errands for her in the town. Today, she's tired because of Taeyeon's endless errands.

“YAH, HWANG MIYOUNG! YOU DIDN'T CLEAN THE BATHROOM, YOUR HAIR IS EVERYWHERE!”

“You asked me to clean the entire house and you just sit there and paint. You didn't help me!”

Tiffany noticed that everytime Taeyeon paints, she always paints the same man on her art work but she didn't pried because it's Taeyeon's personal life and Taeyeon never really shared one to her.

“Because I'm your master. I'm suppose to be slacking around and give you orders!”

“Whatever.”

ΔΔΔΔΔ

Again, a young child wandered on Taeyeon's yard and picked her roses. Taeyeon ran towards the child and lift the child up like she always used to.

“Aha!”

“Ajumma, I-I just like your roses. They're beautiful!” the little boy said

“Noona!”

“N-Noona....”

“WHY DO PEOPLE IN THIS TOWN LIKE TO PICK MY ROSES VERY MUCH?! MY ROSES ARE OFF LIMITS!”

“I-I want to g-give some on my m-mother. It's her birthday tomorrow.” The child cried

“I DON'T FU#&% CARE! COME HERE YOU LITTLE BRAT, I'LL PUT YOU ON MY CASSEROLE!” Taeyeon threatened the child

“STOP THAT KIM TAEYEON!” it was Tiffany. Tiffany pulled the child down on Taeyeon's grip and comforted the child

“Ssssh...it's okay, here. Keep these roses and give it to your umma.” Tiffany said to the child

The child nodded and ran away

“HOW DARE YOU INTERFERE WITH MY BUSINESS?!”

“Taeyeon, it's just a rose! Stop being childish”

‘IT'S NOT JUST A FU#%& ROSE HWANG...IT’S JUST NOT A FU#%& ROSE!”” Taeyeon yelled at Tiffany and she entered the house angrily

It's been a week. Taeyeon ignored Tiffany's presence. She refused to speak to the latter and she didn't give any commands to Tiffany like she used too. Tiffany wonder why the roses are so significant to Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon...” Tiffany called the attention of the latter who's busy reading a book in her hand

Taeyeon ignored her presence and sipped her coffee

“Taeyeon....Talk to me, nagged me but please stop ignoring me.” Tiffany pleaded

Taeyeon still gave cold shoulders to latter

“Taeyeon will you please talk? Damn it!” Tiffany took Taeyeon's book and put it on the table.

“WHAT? I’M FU#&% CHILDISH AREN’T I? SHUT UP AND STOP INTERFERING WITH MY BUSINESS! YOU’RE JUST MY PROPERTY, MY SLAVE...YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH!” Taeyeon said angrily

“I'M NOT YOUR PROPERTY TAEYEON! I'M A HUMAN AND NOBODY SHALL OWN ME BECAUSE I AM NOT AN OBJECT! I THOUGHT YOU ALREADY TREATED ME AS YOUR FRIEND IN THAT ONE YEAR WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER.” Tiffany broke down her anger

“Urgh, please shut up and leave me alone!” Taeyeon said

“I won’t leave you alone, just tell me why are you so angry with me, it’s just a rose!” Tiffany held Taeyeon's hands

“Go away!”

“No! I won't go anywhere”

“FINE, YOU WANT TO KNOW EH? THAT ROSE GARDEN IS MY LIFE...”

Tiffany listened to the girl

“When I was 18, I already got used to live alone for my parents already left the world...I met a man named Leeteuk. He used to be a chief captain of this town. He was kind, gentle and understanding. We fall in love with each other and got engaged. He planted those rose garden for me. He enlisted to become a soldier to a civil war years ago...”

FLASHBACK

Taeyeon's house was pure as white before. She's not a social outcast like she is right now but she was already a meek lady ever since. She met a gentleman named Leeteuk, whom she loved the most. That's why the news struck Taeyeon like a lightning in the heart when Leeteuk told her he will enlist.

“Oppa...please don't go,” Taeyeon said as she cried

“Taeng, you know I'm only fulfilling my duty in the country, right?” Leeteuk hugged her and kissed her forehead

“But what if something happen to you? We're going to get married!”

“Don't worry Taeng...I'll be back.”

“When oppa?” Taeyeon sobbed

“You see this rose garden?”

Taeyeon nodded

“Once this Roses blooms, I'll be back for you...”

Leeteuk went his way on the war. It's been a month but the man have not replied to Taeyeon's letters for him. Taeyeon finally received a mail one day. The mail said that Leeteuk died in action and never made it home. It devastated Taeyeon's life. Ever since that day, Taeyeon isolate herself towards the world and painted her white house black. She treasures the rose garden very much because everytime the roses blooms, she still remembers Leeteuk's promise to her even though she knows to herself that it will never come true.

END OF FLASH BACK

“T-Taeyeon...I-I'm sorry...I didn’t k-know...” Tiffany said and she comforted Taeyeon who is now crying so hard.

Now Tiffany knows who's that man in Taeyeon's paintings...

“Ssshhh...Taeyeon, don't cry anymore. I'm here...” Tiffany said

ΔΔΔΔΔ

Ever since that day, the two of them became best of friends. Though Taeyeon's grumpy attitude is still there, she shows Tiffany that she cares through her actions. Weeks ago, Taeyeon sold her paintings in the city. Taeyeon woke up early and went to the town to buy Tiffany a gift for her birthday. She doesn’t like going out but for Tiffany, she did. She went to a jewelry store to buy Tiffany a gift. Everyone in the own is as usual, staring at her but Taeyeon just ignored them and concentrate on picking a gift for Tiffany.

“H-How can i-I help you ma'am?” the lady on the shop said to Taeyeon

“I'm looking for a gift for my friend...”

“Y-You have a f-friend?” The girl was shocked and Taeyeon gave her an icy glare

“Why, can't I have one?”

“B-But you d-don't seem to have one...” The girl nervously said

“Urgh, just tell me what’s the best item you've got here!” Taeyeon said

Taeyeon bought the key and the lock necklace from the shop and left...

“Oh, Hyoyeon you look so pale?” Sunny asked her friend as she entered the jewelry shop

“Kim Taeyeon was here and she has a friend!”

“Mwooooh?!”

ΔΔΔΔΔ

Tiffany woke up, she felt bad because it's her birthday today but instead of being happy, she felt sick today.

“Birthdays really brings you closer to death.” she muttered to herself and stood up from the bed.

She smelled the scent of pancakes as she went to the kitchen.

“Morning Taeyeon.”

“Good morning, please sit down.”

“Why are you doing the cooking?”

“Because you're sick...Here, eat well.” Taeyeon gave Tiffany a plate of pancake

“Thank you TaeTae!”

“Urgh, stop calling me with that stupid nickname!”

“Hehe. It's cute!”

“Whatever...say Tiffany. What do you want to do later?”

“Honestly, I want to go out and watch a movie in the town and perhaps go to the arcade. Sunny told me that the town set up some exciting rides and games at the capitol. I’ll be joining them later on.” Tiffany said

“D-Do you w-want me to c-come with you?” Taeyeon hesitantly said

“You? Join me? Wait, what is this? Who are you? Bring my Taetae back!” Tiffany shook Taeyeon

“Stop it!”

“Wow, I knew it Tae! You really love me! Hahaha” Tiffany started to laughed madly

“Oh shut up before I change my mind”

ΔΔΔΔΔ

Taeyeon wear a cap, specs, hoodies and pants to put on the best disguise so that she accompanied Tiffany in the town's capitol. She knows that people will just stare at her if they saw her so she wants people not to feast on her presence at the carnival. Tiffany meet with her friend Sunny at the capitol so Taeyeon walked ten steps behind Tiffany. She hates socializing so she just wants to observe what is happening around her.

“Sunny!” Tiffany greeted the red head short girl

“Hi Tiff! Happy birthday” Sunny greeted her

“Thank you! Oh I got some company with me...uhm” Tiffany looked behind her, she saw Taeyeon hiding behind the walls and shook her head.

“Oh never mind, anyway what's up?”

“Hyoyeon and I will ride the ferris wheel, want to join?”

“Okay.”

Tiffany signalled Taeyeon to come with her but the latter refused

“Go on...” Taeyeon mouthed to Tiffany

“Alright, just stay here.”

After few minutes, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Tiffany went out of the ferris wheel as they laughed out loud.

“Oh my gosh, for a minute I thought I saw Kim Taeyeon at the ground. I almost died in nervousness!” Hyoyeon chuckled

“Yeah, perhaps she's on the horror booth but anyway she will never come here at the carnival.” Sunny said

“Guys, why are you so scared of Taeyeon?”

“Because her glares are sharp and icy...”

“She's intimidating and she's violent.”

“She's not that bad...” Tiffany defended

“Well, did she never glare a you?”

“She does everyday...”

“See, I told you. She's scary.”

“She's not. She's a good person.”

“Tell us about her.”

“She's bossy, grumpy and always cursing. She likes everything in order and she's a neat freak. She tends to explode her feelings and to become emotionally unstable, her patience is as low as E in gas and she always shows that she doesn't care...but you know what, she cares. She cares for me. When I was sick she aids me, when I was cold, she hugs me. She's always giving me a lecture everytime I don’t eat well. She's a good person...it's just she gets tired of being one because she always lose everything she got and she’s tired of how society can be so judgmental towards her...” Tiffany said as she thinks of Taeyeon

“Wow...Taeyeon hugged you?”

“She sounds cool...”

“My oh my...anyway, Tiff. We're going to ride the roller coaster, do you want to join?””

“I think I'll pass...”

“Okay, see you later!”

Tiffany looked for Taeyeon and she found the latter eating two ice creams on her hands as the latter sat on a bench.

“Oh, how greedy you are Kim Taeyeon. Two ice cream? Really huh.” Tiffany sat beside Taeyeon and stole Taeyeon's ice cream

“Hey!”

She the ice cream and said “Mine now.”

“Whatever you pink pig”

“So, let's ride the roller coaster?”

“No, you go on with your friends.”

“But I already left them for you.”

“I don't like the roller coaster...”

“Okay, how about the horror house?”

“No.”

“Please Taeyeon...”

“Urgh, fine.”

Both of them went towards the horror house. Tiffany was screaming a the top of her lungs as she see the mummy walking towards them while Taeyeon think that it's childish. The mummy moved towards Tiffany to scare her but Taeyeon removed her hood and speck as she pit her hand on the mummy’s sholder

“Hi.” Taeyeon said

“K-Kim Taeyeon?”

“Yup, the one and only.”

“Aaaaaahh!” the mummy screamed and ran away

Tiffany watched what is happening confusedly

“Seriously, amateurs.” Taeyeon said as she put back her disguise and continued to walk towards the exit

Tiffany just followed her as she stared at Taeyeon in awe.

“Taeyeon, let's watch a movie on the theater.” Tiffany said to Taeyeon

“Okay”

The movie that they watch is a comedy film so people were laughing their asses off including Tiffany.

“Oh my gosh! This is the best crack I ever saw, right TaeTae?” she looked at Taeyeon who's wearing her stoic expression as she watched the film.

“Why everything funny is stupid?” Taeyeon mumbled

“Aaa, Tae. Don't kill the fun” Tiffany said as she let out a soft chuckle

After the two watched a movie, Taeyeon and Tiffany eat at a famous noodle restaurant on the town. Tiffany was slurping the noodles so loud so Taeyeon lectured her

“Yah, you slurp like a pig!”

“Ah Taeyeon, maa!” Tiffany grinned and continued slurping

“Ah yeah you hopeless pig.”

“You always call me pig” Tiffany said

“Because you act like one.”

“I hate you.” Tiffany said

“Whatever. Here” Taeyeon shove a red box to Tiffany

“What is this?”

“Have you got no hands? Open it” Taeyeon remarked

Tiffany opened the red box and saw two necklaces.

“Taeyeon....I...I-I... Thank you!” she went to Taeyeon and hugged the latter very tight and she started to cry softly.

“Y-Yah! Why are you crying?!”

“You make me very happy on my birthday. I'll always remember this day.” Tiffany said as she tear up

“Eh? D-Don't cry...you look ugly”

“I know you didn't mean that Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany gave Taeyeon a kiss and Taeyeon blushed furiously

“W-Why did you d-do that?!”

“Why? It's a proper courtesy in America. Kissing people who are close to you is just normal.”

“But this is not America!”

“Why are you getting mad? It's not like I stole our first kiss.”

Taeyeon blushed even more and Tiffany eyes widen

“Oh my gosh, is it?!”

Taeyeon just nodded

“You never kiss anyone including the man in your painting?”

Taeyeon just nodded and refused to meet the latter's gaze

“Well...I...I”

“Let's go home”

ΔΔΔΔΔ

Taeyeon and Tiffany awkwardly walked towards their home. And when they arrived home, it gets more painfully awkward because the two of them had to sleep together. Taeyeon prepared to sleep and faced her back to Tiffany while Tiffany can't sleep.

“Taeyeon...”

“...”

“I know you're awake”

“Hmmm?”

“Am I really your first?”

There was a minute of awkward silence before Taeyeon replied

“Y-Yes”

“D-Do you want to....uhm...”

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked as she face the latter

“Do you want to do it again?”

“Mwooh?!’

“You know, just to make it memorable enough to you...”

“WHAT THE FU#% MIYOUNG HWANG, ARE YOU CRAZY?!” Taeyeon sat up and scolded the girl

“Aaaah...I don't know. Maybe I am...” Tiffany pulled Taeyeon in a kiss

“Yah! Stop it will hmmmmmppppp!” Taeyeon was silence by the latter with a kiss

“What are you doing hmmmmp!” Taeyeon complained again but Tiffany just keep on kissing her

“Yah!”

Tiffany let go of Taeyeon and grinned.

“You taste like apple!’Tiffany said with a smile

“I-I...You're crazy!” Taeyeon blushed so hard and turned her back on Tiffany

ΔΔΔΔΔ

Ever since that day, Tiffany will always steal kisses at Taeyeon even the latter will always complain. She had grown to love Taeyeon's imperfection and cold attitude. And Taeyeon find Tiffany's special though she still refused to say it to the girl. Their relationship is in the border between best friends and lovers. One can’t live without the other one even though they always bicker everyday. They both are happy with what they have. But Taeyeon was afraid as she looked at the contract. Since another year has passed, the contract is about to end and Tiffany will be free again. She will no longer owns Tiffany, she has to let go.

“Tiffany, the contract is bound to end. What will you do when you get free?” Taeyeon asked as she and Tiffany were sitting side by side at the doorstep.

“Honestly, I don't know. Let's not think about this yet?”

“Okay”

“Taeyeon, I will never forget you. You'll always be here in my heart.”

“Hmmm...”

“Taeyeon, what do you think of me?

“You...You're loud and annoying.”

“But you like it”

“I got used to it”

“Taeyeon...I want to know how do you see me, what do you really think of me.” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon to meet her gaze

“I will always remember you and I will also never forget you...because you...you are in here...” Taeyeon pointed her heart

“You are also in here” Tiffany pointed her heart as well

Both of them laugh

“But I mean it, really...” Taeyeon said with a smile

“I do too...” Tiffany kissed the latter. She made sure that Taeyeon will know how she feels through their kiss. She doesn't know what to do without Taeyeon but she knows that she has to go back home. After the kiss Tiffany made her last request.

“Taeyeon, let's paint your house pink before I go...”

“Mwooh?! No way!’

“Ah please!”

“No.”

“This is my last request. Grant it for me?” Tiffany said to Taeyeon

“Urgh, but why pink?”

“So that I'll know where to come back someday...”

“Okay, Iet's paint it in pink then.”

ΔΔΔΔΔ

The two started painting Taeyeon's house in pink. The neighbours were shock because why does Kim Taeyeon wanted her house to be in pink? They never knew the answer. Last week, there is a child that wondered on Taeyeon's garden but surprisingly, she never scolded he child and instead, she gave him three flowers. The neighbours are wondering on weird changes but they like it somehow. But they did not remove the border and the signage for caution.

“Taeyeon, why don't you help me paint he house instead of drawing and painting in your canvass?!” Tiffany put her hands on her waist

“Aaaa, it's your idea.”

“Oh, not fair!”

“Don't worry, I'll help later on”

Three days after, the two finished painting the house.

“Whoa, daebak! “

“It look so Barbie” Taeyeon complained

“It’s better than black!”

“Black is y!”

“I'm ier!”

“Okay!”

“Haha. Why are we yelling at each other?” Tiffany chuckled

“We're always like this.”

“Yeah.”

“Tiffany, take this.” Taeyeon handed an envelop to Tiffany

“What is this?” Tiffany open it and saw some cash inside

‘You can use that in your life in the city.”

“But Taeyeon...this is too much.”

“It's nothing compared to the happiness you gave me”

“T-Thank you...”

“I went to the town yesterday, I rented a car that will take you back to your home.” Taeyeon said

“Taeyeon,promise me one thing”

“Hmmm...”

“Don't be sad when I leave...I want you to remember that I am always thinking of you and I will come back here someday.”

Taeyeon nodded and hugged Tiffany

“Don't promise me anything...it might not happen.”

“It will Taeyeon...It will...”

“Hmmm”

ΔΔΔΔΔΔ

The day of Tiffany's departure

“Did you bring some food? You might get hungry on your way.”

“I did Taeyeon, don't worry...”

An awkward silence

“So...”

“Yeah...”

“This is it.”

“Congratulations, you're free”

“Yeah...but I kind of feeling that I don't want to”

“Oh?”

“Taeyeon...can you take the key necklace you gave me and I'll take the lock?”

“Why?”

“So that you're the only one who can open my heart”

“You're funny” Taeyeon let out a laugh

“You're cute when you laugh like that. Now I know why they call you ajumma.”

“Whatever pig”

‘But hey, I'm serious. Take this” Tiffany have the necklace to Taeyeon

“Thank you...Oh, I almost forgot, I have something to give you too.”

Taeyeon give Tiffany a brown paper, when Tiffany opened it. It's a painting...It's her, the

lady in the painting coloring a house in pink.

“Taeyeon...it's beautiful.”

“You deserve it...”

‘Thank you...I'll always treasure this.” Tiffany cried

“Sssh. Don't cry, you look ugly” Taeyeon comforted Tiffany

“Really Taeyeon. Really...”

‘I'm just kidding”

“Miss, we have to go.” the man in the car said

“You have to go now”

“Yeah”

“Goodbye Tiffany”

“Don't say that...” Tiffany slapped Taeyeon's arm

They both chuckled while crying

‘I love you...” Tiffany said

“I love you too...”

Taeyeon gave Tiffany a kiss for the last time.

“I'll come back. Taeyeon...I will.”

Taeyeon gave Tiffany a rose from her rose garden and the latter took it with a smile

And with that, Taeyeon watched Tiffany entered the car and the car drive away. She wanted to believe in Tiffany's promise but she already got hurt before in believing on one. Tiffany went away and the latter also took her heart with her. She looked at her pink house and sighed

“I hope you find your way home...someday.”