Pink Carnation

Sugar Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Pink Carnation

(The unforgettable one)

 

It was the time where the cities were booming and roaring. Factories were like mushrooms sprouting everywhere and scouting skillful and knowledgeable individuals that will change the way of living for modern people forever. It was the time when logic was booming and almost everyone had an invention or something to offer in the society, this unusual creature appeared out of nowhere. This vagabond, vagrant, drifter, hobo, gipsy, irresponsible bum, a beggar, thug or maybe we can call this little one a tramp like other people call it for short.

 

Two police men roaming around the park saw a little figure sleeping in front of the town’s national historical statue.

 

“Oh, not again…This kid really is a head ache!” said the higher ranking officer to his fellow police man “Park, give me my handcuff!” he ordered

“R-Right away sir!” said Officer Park to his superior and handed him the cuff “Look sir! The little tramp is smiling over her sleep!” said the police man

“Jellies…Cotton candies…Beer…” said the sleeping figure who was still unconscious

“Seriously, how could this tramp sleep here? It must have been cold.” Said the superior police

“The tramp smells like alcohol sir, I guess the report we get was right. The tramp looks like had been involve to another fight at the pub.” Said Officer Park

“Looks so peaceful when she’s sleeping, eh? I wonder why she isn’t like this when she’s awake. Let’s blow the whistle.”

 

*PRRRRRIIIIIIITTT!*

 

The sleeping figure immediately stood up and said “FIRE!...Where’s the fire?!”

“I regret to inform you that there’s no fire missy.” Said the superior

“Gosh, my sleep!”

“How about continue that sleep on the police station?”

“Oh, darn.”

 

The little tramp was impounded for being drunk and sleeping in front of the park’s historical statue. The tramp was sentence 100 hours of community service and besides that, the tramp get an earful of scolding, lectures and complaints from the police officers.

 

“Go, get a life!”

 

The last thing she remembered from the station.

 

She was unwanted and unloved… that’s what she thought to herself

 

The little tramp looked in front of a mirror, she saw how unkempt her hair and how her face looks like a mess from last night. She remembered how woman around their town looks wonderful and charming compared to her. The little tramp felt ugly and purposeless. She drunk off last night due to her blind date running away from her.

 

Little tramp always got her hair disheveled, she lacks of height, she was full of flaws and not as intelligent as other people from their town. Little tramp felt no good and so different, like a parasite and foreign in her own town. She was so different or rather, very unusual. That’s why every night, the tramp tried to forget her misfortune by buying bottles of liquor and this day, she bought bottles of liquors again with her remaining money after her release on the station.

 

Right after buying bottles of liquor, little tramp saw a flower girl… A very beautiful lady. The little tramp was enchanted by the beauty the tramp had witnessed. The tramp instantly went closer to the flower girl’s spot and asked how much is a flower, but the tramp figured out she had no money on her pocket already due to the fact that she bought all her remaining money for bottles of liquor a while ago.

 

“Would you like to buy a flower?” asked by the beautiful flower girl

“I-I’ll come back, okay?” said the tramp

“Okay.” The flower girl smiled but the tramp was confused due to flower girl’s lack of eye contact as she smiled but later, ignored her confusion and left.

 

The little tramp regretted buying liquors prior to seeing those beautiful flowers from the beautiful flower girl.

 

“I’m no use…Why did I ever exist in this world? I shall end tormenting everyone tonight.” The tramp told to herself

 

Little tramp went to the park to jump over the river and suicide but was shocked when she saw a woman that was about to jump in the fast flowing waters of the river and end her life. The tramp immediately rushed to stop the woman and said

 

“Be brave, face life!” the tramp said as she held the woman in her arms to prevent her from jumping

“I don’t want to! It’s always dark… I’m tired!” said the woman as she resisted the little one, the woman was quite tall so it required a hard force for the little one to prevent her from jumping.

“Be patient, you’ll see the sun soon!”

“But you’re going to jump too, I saw you!”

“I…I-I was just tying my shoe lace.”

“Oh…”

“Y-Yeah.”

“Do you really think so?”

“Look at me, I have so many reasons to end my life. I am ugly, I am town’s trouble maker. I only drink to forget about my misfortunes!”

The tall woman stopped from resisting and said “You saved my life! You shall be rewarded!” and hugged the awkward tramp “My name is Sooyoung and yours?” asked the tall woman

“Taeyeon.”

“So my new friend! What do you suggest doing in my new life?”

“Let’s start from these bottles.” Said the tramp as she raised the plastic containing bottles of liquors she bought a while ago

“Sounds fun!”

 

The two drink those bottles of liquors and both of them got impounded on the police station the next day for sleeping on random public places again. They rendered hours of community service.

 

The tramp found out that Sooyoung was a millionaire and asked her new friend, the tramp, to work for her as a butcher to her meat shop. The tramp was happy, she’s no longer a bum! She can buy all flowers of the beautiful flower girl for a day.

 

The tramp went to the previous place where the beautiful flower girl used to sell. The flower girl was watering her flowers with her bucket and pile, she doesn’t even noticed the tramp’s presence. The tramp was curious and confused so she decided to get closer to the flower girl but ended up being wet when a pile of water came from her direction without the other girl knowing.

“It’s a nice cold morning shower…” the tramp said as she wiped waters on her face with her hanky

“Oh, no! I’m so sorry… I didn’t know!” the flower girl apologized

“It’s okay, I wasn’t that wet…” Yeah, just drenching, the tramp thought and continued speaking “I would like to buy your flowers.” The tramp said

“Which one?” asked by the flower girl

“All of them.”

The flower girl was elated and was so thankful. She decided to give the tramp her favorite flower, pink carnation but it fell on the ground when she handed it to the little tramp. The flower girl tried to search for the pink carnation using her hands and feelings. The tramp picked up the flower and showed it to the girl but the girl doesn’t seem to notice it so the tramp waved her hands in front of the flower girl’s face.

“Did you get the flower?” asked by the flower girl

“Y-Yeah…”

On that day, the tramp knew that the flower girl was blind. The tramp handed the flower girl the payment and was about to leave but was stopped by the flower girl’s words.

“Wait for your change.” Said the girl as she handed few coins on the tramp’s palms

“No senorita, keep the change.” The tramp gave back the coins on the flower girls hand, the girl held her hand and speak “Your hand is soft… you must be very beautiful person, your heart is gold. God loves you!”

“I’m ugly, I cause a lot of troubles too…” said the little tramp as she chuckled lightly

“You are fearfully and wonderfully made by the Lord above, you have a good spirit, that’s all that matters!” said the blind flower girl as she gave out an eye smile

 

The little tramp was enchanted with the blind flower girl. She wondered why the flower girl was still smiling despite of her not seeing things. She was so bright even though what she sees is darkness.

 

Ever since that day, the tramp follows the blind flower girl everywhere to know if the girl will be alright, especially at night time when erts might come around. The tramp just fought three erts that attempted to come close to the flower girl without the flower girl knowing. The perks of living a thug life is that you can fight on streets and defend yourself.

 

The tramp discovered that the blind girl lives with her grandfather. The blind flower girl financed herself to study and goes to school in the morning and sell flowers on the later day. She was the bread winner of the house. The tramp tried to buy all the blind flower girl’s flowers everyday but later suffered bankruptcy. Sooyoung volunteered to give her money, but she refused because she wanted to work hard for the money she will be earning.

 

Sooyoung had an idea, due to the tramp’s previous thug life, she to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter