_thoughts_

Entrust

Dongwoo’s POV

I looked at the other members. They were all smiling gleefully, like they didn’t know a thing. Maybe they really didn't; maybe I was a little paranoid. I don’t want anything like that to happen again. I won’t be able to handle it.  Hoya turned to me, interrupting my thoughts. “Hyung, kwenchanayo? Are you feeling stressed too?” I shook my head, and smiled. He gave me a concerned expression. "I’m just so full right now.” I sighed placing my hand on my stomach. Hoya smiled at me, and turned back to the conversation with the other members. I pulled out my phone and texted Myungsoo, How’s Sungyeol doing? He replied to me a few seconds later. He’s in his room resting. Hyung… I’m worried. I sighed causing the other members to look my way. “Are we going back yet? I’m kind of tired right now." Sunggyu hyung responded to my question, “If you’re tired, then we should go home. Maybe we’ll go to the karaoke bar another night then.”  I shook my head, “No, it's okay. I’ll go back by myself. Hyung, you enjoy your time. They nodded and I exited the building. I got in a cab and replied to Myungsoo, I’m on my way back. Tell me the details when I get there.

Author’s POV

After a couple of minutes, Dongwoo arrived at the dorm. Myungsoo was waiting outside for him. Dongwoo immediately ran to him and asked, “What’s going on?” “Sungyeol is taking drugs and cutting himself. I found all the weapons and drugs today and tossed them. “Wait, you just threw it all in the trashcan? What if someone finds it?” Dongwoo asked, staring at the trashcan. “I filled it up with some nasty stuff. They won’t even want to touch it.”  He nodded at Myungsoo’s answer. “Did you find out how long this has been going on? And why it’s happening?” Myungsoo lied and shook his head. He knew why Sungyeol was like this and it was because of him.  Dongwoo could tell Myungsoo was lying, but didn’t want to push him.  The two had a long talk about Sungyeol, and how they were going to help him. By the end of the conversation, they came up with nothing. Absolutely nothing that would be able to help their friend. 

~Sungyeol~

Sungyeol was sitting on the bed, staring at his arms. Why do I do this to myself? Is she really worth it? He looked in the mirror. He asked himself that question over and over again for three years and still couldn’t find an answer. He sighed as he stared at the picture of the girl he had fallen in love with. She was beautiful…Sungyeol remembered that day clearly. When he had his heart shattered by the first girl he ever loved. Seo Ji Hye. That day played in his mind like a music video on replay.

It was a hot summer day. “Ji Hye. Say kimchi!” Sungyeol shouted, smiling brightly as he held up his Polaroid camera. The picture came out and Sungyeol smiled as he stared at it. He sat beside Ji Hye on the little side of the fountain. “I’m so ugly.” She sighed as she tried to take the picture away. “Anniya. I think you are perfect.” Sungyeol smiled, showing his teeth and gums. She shook her head and looked away into the distance. “Anni,I’m very ugly. Sungyeol.” Sungyeol raised his eyebrow, and looked away from the picture. “Ji Hye…” “Mianhe oppa, I-I really didn’t want to use you. I like Myungsoo, not you. It has always been Myungsoo.” She avoided making eye contact with the boy. Sungyeol stared at her as if she was going to say “just kidding.” The two words, however, didn’t come out of her lips. The two words he longed to hear the most never came out. Ji Hye gave him a slight bow and apologized one more time before walking away with sad eyes, leaving Sungyeol. He sat there alone looking at the picture. He tried his best not to cry, but tears were threatening to pour out. The world got blurrier and Sungyeol released everything in his mind, ignoring all the stares people gave him. Kim Myungsoo, it was all his fault. No Sungyeol, It’s because you aren’t good enough for her. You aren’t good enough for anyone. Those thoughts continued flowing through his mind.

Sungyeol shivered as the scene kept on replaying. He stared at the picture, and then at himself in the mirror. If only I was like L. She would love me if I was like him. Handsome, talented, smart…perfect. What sane girl wouldn’t love him? Sungyeol sighed. He shook his head, and ruffled his hair in frustration. The door opened, causing him to flinch. Myungsoo stood at the door and diverted his eyes at the photo in Sungyeol’s hand and sighed. Walking up to his friend, he grabbed the picture and tore it to pieces. Sungyeol stared wide eyed at he sudden rash action. “Y-Yah!”  Myungsoo slapped Sungyeol across the face, interrupting his shout. Sungyeol raised his hand to his cheek, trying to ignore the burning feeling on his cheek. Myungsoo knew he had slapped Sungyeol pretty hard for his hand was now tingling. He ignored it and grabbed Sungyeol’s shoulders. His eyes were glued onto Sungyeol’s. His piercing stare made it difficult for Sungyeol to look away, fearing that if he did, he would get slapped again. Waiting for Myungsoo’s words, Sungyeol, for the first time in his life, forgot about everything going on in his life and focused on one thing, himself.