_secrets_

Entrust
Infinite just finished performing Feel So Bad on stage, which was their last song of the night. Everyone was in the back, getting ready to leave, except Sungyeol. Myungsoo got worried so he decided to look for his friend. Searching the entire building, Myungsoo would not stop. He finally found his hyung unconcious on the ground in the lobby restroom. "Yeollie!" He called the rest of Infinite to tell them he was rushing Sungyeol to the emergency room. The other members of Infinite were waiting impatiently for the doctor to come out. "Aish, chin-cha. What's taking so long?" Sunggyu stated frustrated, pacing back and forth. "Hyung, he will be fine," Sungjong tried to console Myungsoo. The older boy only shook him off, totally focused on the door. The door slowly opened and Myungsoo immediately shot up and ran to the doctor. “Your friend is okay, but has he been taking any pills lately?” The doctor asked Myungsoo. “Not that I know of,” Myungsoo lied. He knew Sungyeol was taking pill, but they were only to help his insomnia. Or, that’s what he had been told whenever Sungyeol was questioned. “Wae? Is there something wrong with him?” Myungsoo asked. “Anniyo, it is just stress. He’s been overworking himself. Oh, and if you catch him with anything, report it to me immediately. I won’t be able to help you if you are keeping things from me.” Myungsoo nodded at the doctor’s reminder and headed into the room Sungyeol was in.

“Yeollie, Kwenchana?” Myungsoo immediately went to his friend’s side. Sungyeol nodded. “I was just a bit overworked. Why are you sweating so much? Stop worrying so much, or you will end up like me,” he joked with his best friend. Myungsoo wanted to ask Sungyeol about the pills but decided not to in case he accidentally angered him and cause anymore problems. “Myungsoo. Kwenchana?” Sungyeol asked, noticing the expression on the younger boy’s face. Myungsoo smiled, “I’m not the one in the hospital bed.” Sunggyu and Woohyun came in at that moment and rushed to their member's side. “Sungyeol-ah, if you were tired out, why didn’t you tell us?” Sunggyu asked. “Kwenchanayo, hyung.” Sungyeol said plastering on a fake smile only Myungsoo could see through. The remaining members of Infinite entered the room with similar feelings of concern. “Sungyeol-ah!” Dongwoo jumped and hugged his dongsaeng. Everyone joked around with Sungyeol except Myungsoo, who could not speak after what had happened. Sungyeol was released that night.

Everyone was in the living room. “Ahh. I’m so hungry,” Woohyun complained. “You guys want to go out to eat?” Sunggyu suggested. “Of course I want to, but what about manager hyung? He won’t let us.” Hoya stated. “Ah. Chin-cha.” Sungjong whined. “Go. I’ll stay back and figure something out.” Sungyeol suggested. Dongwoo smiled, “Chin-cha?” “I’ll stay back too. I’m not really hungry.” Myungsoo offered. The 5 guys left without their manager knowing. The manager of course found out and wasn’t too happy. However, he didn’t want to add stress to Sungyeol so he decided to let it go.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol were on the couch watching TV. None of them were speaking. Sungyeol stood up and walked toward his room. Myungsoo looked at him and followed slowly. Sungyeol closed the door and locked it, so Myungsoo watched from a small hole he accidentally made before and covered up with a poster of Infinite. “Umma? Ne, Kwenchanayo…Anni. I don’t need to go home. I’ll be fine. I just need some sleep. Araso. I will.” Sungyeol spoke on the phone with his mother. Sungyeol then went to a picture frame and opened it. Myungsoo watched carefully. Sungyeol took out the picture from the frame. Something was hidden in it, but Myungsoo couldn’t see it clearly. Sungyeol walked toward the mirror. “I still haven’t gotten any better. Still as chubby, still as ugly…No wonder she left me. She wanted a real man.” Sungyeol said as he poked his stomach and cheeks. “All I have is my height…I’m not even smart. There’s nothing good about me.” Sungyeol took off his bracelets and rolled up his sleeves. Myungsoo was surprised at what he saw. Sungyeol’s arm was filled with red cuts. There were a few fresh ones already and plenty of old scars.  Myungsoolost control and kicked down the wooden door. He rushed into the room to see Sungyeol had blood all over his arm. Myungsoo grabbed the razor in Sungyeol’s hand. “YAH!” Sungyeol shouted. Myungsoo examined Sungyeol’s arm, and counted the cuts in his head. Fifteen. Fifteen that were probably not even two weeks old. Some was almost gone, some were barely going away. There were three new cuts that were gushing with blood. Sungyeol pulled his arm back, feeling more insecure by the second. 

Myungsoo looked into his eyes and disconnected the link as he jumped onto Sungyeol’s bed. Under Sungyeol’s pillow sheets were packets of crushed pills. In his underwear drawer, there were pill jars. In his glasses case were more. There were other kinds of drugs stuffed in his teddy bear. There were razors hidden everywhere…in his shoes, clothes, laptop and phone.  Myungsoo collected everything he found, and threw them onto the floor. There was a pile of drugs and harmful items on the ground. “Sungyeol,” Myungsoo started. Sungyeol just dropped to the ground. “How long have you been like this?” Myungsoo questioned. Sungyeol sat down beside Myungsoo on the bed and answered all his questions. “I’ve been like this a year before our debut. I started off cutting back then. I didn’t start using the drugs until half a year ago.” Myungsoo looked at him, “three years? You have been cutting for three years? Why didn’t you ask someone for help? Especially me!” Myungsoo said. “BECAUSE IT WAS BECAUSE OF YOU!” Myungsoo looked at him in confusion. “S-She left me because of you. She liked you more. You were handsomer, maturer, and smarter.” Sungyeol stuttered. Myungsoo hugged his friend. “She does not deserve you. You deserve someone who sees you and only you. You deserve a girl that loves you for you, Yeollie. Don’t let that girl win by hurting yourself now.” Myungsoo stood up. “You can’t do anything by doing this. So stop. Please.” He stood up and walked out the room with all the things he collected in a bag, leaving Sungyeol alone in the room to think about his words. He tossed them away, making sure to fill the bad up with things that stunk, so that no one would go in and find the contents inside.  Myungsoo was determined now to save his best friend. History could not repeat itself.