+ Bonus

Hashtag Senior's

 

 

Young Bae hates to think this, but he despises Bora. Somehow in some way, she’s managed to wiggle a tight hold on Hyo Jung for four months of Young Bae’s and her relationship, causing Young Bae to be a third wheel on most things the girls do together. Or he’s stuck with Dae Seong like he use to be and it hardly feels like they have girlfriends. Although Dae Seong gets to at least have a kiss once in a while, whereas Young Bae is stuck with hugs and holding hands. He has yet to achieve his fist kiss with Hyo Jung.

 

“What?” Hyo Jung immediately jumps at that tight feeling on her hand, as she’s suddenly being dragged down the hallway by none other than her boyfriend. “Young Bae? Where are we going?” She asks as she keeps just as tight of a hold on him.

 

He turns his head and smiles at her, “It’s a surprise.”

 

Surprise? Hyo Jung’s stomach flips at the thought. Maybe he was finally going to take her on an actual date, not that crappy one he thought would actually be one; when in fact it wasn’t. That date being picking up McDonalds and dragging her back to his house and to sit in the basement of his house while watching one of those old awful dramas Park Shin Hye acted in: the beautiful something or rather. Young Bae completely thought it would be something Hyo Jung would fall for, until she slapped him across the face when he tried to kiss her; then he knew he did wrong.

 

The two sat rather quite in the car with Young Bae holding tightly onto Hyo Jung’s hand as she fell asleep with her head leaning up against the window. “Wake up.” He says lightly as he reaches over to brush away her hair from her face. Her eyes flutter open and she smiles the minute she sees Young Bae’s face. “We’re here.” He says as he unlocks her seat belt for her.

 

Here. Here is a roadway on the top of a hill. “Why are we here?” She asks as she steps out of the car to follow after her boyfriend. He only smiles and grabs a hold of her hand as he leads her to a small grey garage in the corner.

 

“Ready?” He asks, and she nods as he types into a keyboard on the side, allowing for the garage door to open. Instantly Hyo Jung’s eyes are met with the sight of a motorcycle. “I thought I’d teach you how to ride it.”

 

Hyo Jung laughs as she skips over to it, “I already know how to ride. It’s just that I haven’t ridden in a while, and may have forgotten to operate it, and you’re going to re-teach me.” Young Bae only nods as he tries to stifle his laughter of his girlfriend’s continuous lie.

 

“Come on.” He takes a hold of the bike, and walks it out to the empty road. Once in a good position, he passes her one of the helmets and she fits it on. “Alright, I’ll show you how to start it up.” He slips on a helmet of his own, before turning on the ignition and getting on it himself. “Watch closely okay?” She nods while backing up to where her back is leaning up against garage wall.

 

He reeves the engine, kicks off the stand, and starts off. Hyo Jung watches in amazement as he whizzes up the side of the mountain at, at least the speed of seventy plus miles per hour. She cheered as loud as she can for him, as he smiled at her stupid chant of ‘sesame chicken is the best.’ He went further up the mountain to where she couldn’t see him anymore, but she still cheered as loud as possible.

 

He likes riding in this specific area. The view of the city is completely beautiful, and the mountain has so many amazing different places to go to. Besides the actual nature part of the mountain, there’s the beauty of the population. So many different types of people live on the mountain, and he feels thankful that he himself can have a part of it and that he can finally bring someone important with him. Soon enough, he turned the bike back around and went back down the mountain to hear Hyo Jung’s cheers once again. But as he began to get to busy focusing on her cheers and the views around him, he forgot about the accelerator and the path he was taking.

 

Hyo Jung’s cheers stopped the minute she saw what was coming into view in front of Young Bae’s motorcycle, “Watch out!” Young Bae placed his eyes back on the road. There, only a few feet in front of him, was a bluish green car with two female patrons, at the least in their earlier forties, pulling out of their driveway and right in front of him. He swerves to dodge, as they only scream their heads off. Young Bae goes flying off his bike only to be tossed and turned in one direction for a manner of minutes. Hyo Jung screams; he finally comes to a stop while his bike catches sparks as it almost goes over the side of the mountain.

 

“Young Bae!”

 

Hyo Jung ran as fast as her legs could take her. Besides wanting to get to Young Bae as soon as possible, she also wanted to slam her fist into those two ladies heads for pulling out of their driveway without looking, they should know full well that anyone on the road has the right away. If she could, she would scream. If she could, she would cry. But all she’s worried about is making sure he’s okay.

 

Once getting to Young Bae she pulled him onto his back making sure that his spine is still intact. She cringes at the sight of seeing his clothes all torn and the bruise markings all over his chest where it sprung open from being thrown off his bike. She screams the minute she sees the helmet had cracked open and his face is badly scratched up. “Young Bae, wake up!” She cries desperately as she turns her head toward the ladies who were now calling the police while in tears. “You idiot, I told you we’re always doing stupid things.”

 

A small chuckle resonates from Young Bae catching her attention. His eyes slowly snap open and a smile spreads across his face, “I just got injured and you call me an idiot?” Hyo Jung, in all her pity, begins to tear up as she lightly smacks his chest. “What are you doing? Did I not just tell you I’m injured?” He was joking with her but the minute he saw her tears, he stopped. “Yah, stop that. I’m okay, I promise.” She chokes on her tears and leans her head against his chest.

 

“You’re such an idiot. I was so scared.”

 

He sighs and places a hand on her back, “I know. I’m sorry.” The two stay silent as the sounds of sirens get closer and closer. “Hyo Jung-ah, your helmet is crushing me.” He says and instantly she lifts her head up apologetically. “You’ll stay with me, right?” He asks as the ambulance, and police finally come to a stop in front of them.

 

“Of course. Loser.”

 

•••

 

Young Bae’s parents didn’t stay that long. Only to see their son, and make sure he’s okay. They also greeted Hyo Jung in respect, and Mrs. Dong pulled her into a hug when she saw how distressed she had become. On the other hand Hyo Jung waited all day, sitting the very uncomfortable chair next to Young Bae’s unconscious body. She had been worrying not stop about him, until the doctors came in saying he was going to be fine only fractured ribs, and contusions on his upper arms, legs, and torso. He’d need to stay in the hospital for a few days for check up, and regulation of pain meds but other than that he should be back in school in no time.

 

She barely got any sleep. All she did was either sit and watch his breathing meticulously, or get up and pace his room. She didn’t eat until Dae Seong, and Bora brought her a sack full food that her mom had made her. They didn’t stay that long, maybe twenty minutes or so. It wasn’t their fault, there’s nothing to do if Young Bae isn’t awake.

 

The food her mom had packed her, she barely ate. It’s not that she didn’t want to; it’s just that she couldn’t. She felt awful in the situation she’s in, and the last thing she wanted to do is feel okay when her boyfriend clearly isn’t.

 

“You actually stayed.”

 

Hyo Jung stopped her pacing and slowly turned toward the hospital bed where Young Bae lied with his eyes wide open. “I didn’t think you would.” He groans in pain when he tries to pull himself into a sitting position. She flies to his side and holds him in place.

 

“Just wait a second.” He nods as she presses a button on the side of the bed, allowing it to pull him into a sitting position. “Do you want water, or-or my mom brought food if you’re hungry. Are you hungry?” She continues to spit random questions at him until he grabs her hand and holds it tight.

 

She sighs, “I know you were scared. But I’m okay, look I’m alive.” He raises his hands out, letting go of hers, to emphasize the fact. “Come here.” He pats at a spot right next to him, and she slowly sits down, making sure not to hurt him in the process. “Just stay here with me, okay?” She nods.

 

“Okay,” She pauses and watches as he smiles and shuts his eyes. “Loser.” His eyes snap open to see her finally smiling, and although he wants to be annoyed with her all he can do is smile back. After a second she sighs and places her head on his shoulder. “Why the heck did you want to teach me how to ride a motorcycle anyways?”

 

He chuckles, “I had a date planned at the top of the mountain. Nothing special, just a small lunch date; I asked my mom how to make your favorite sushi.” She turns to look at him and smile though he ends up just laugh, “It turned out like , so I just ordered some from the nearby restaurant.”

 

She laughs and hugs his side making sure to avoid any of his bruises. “I really like you.” Young Bae groans.

 

“,” He curses before turning his head to look at her. “I’m the guy I’m supposed to say that!” He whines.

 

She rolls her eyes and if she could she’d push him off the bed for being so stupid, “Then say it before I do. You’re too slow.” He sighs and shakes his head before letting it rest on the top of hers.

 

“I like you; and I will make sure that once I get out of here, that we’ll have a great date. I promise.” She wanted to scoff, or roll her eyes, or yell at him for being completely corny but all she can do is smile as he wraps his hands with hers once more.

 

Two days later and Young Bae is still in the hospital practically going crazy at the fact he can’t leave. “Yah, break me out of here.” He whispers to Hyo Jung who is currently reading a book silently next to him.

 

She glances at him, “Excuse me?”

 

“Break me out of here.” He whispers once more while side glancing to the door in front of him. “Last night, for dinner, they put a steak into a blender…and then they forced me to eat it.” He shudders in disgust.

 

Hyo Jung laughs, “It’s not like you’re in prison.”

 

“No, it’s worse.” He scratches the top of his head, as he once again side glances at the doorway. This is when she begins to realize that maybe her boyfriend is going crazy from being locked up in the same place for a long period of time. She understands it must be hard; but not to this degree.

 

Three days later and Young Bae is still in the hospital, this time he truly is crazy. His eyes dart from left to right, to left to right. His mind is only focusing on one thing, if he’s to take out his IV and run straight to the elevator—he’d be out of this hospital. “He’s got those crazy eyes again.” Hyo Jung whispers.

 

Bora nods, “What do you think he’s thinking?”

 

“Our murders.” Dae Seong says back as he keeps his arm tightly wrapped around Bora’s waist. “Hyung, you okay?” Young Bae jumps in his bed as he looks over toward Dae Seong with wide eyes. “You okay?” He asks again.

 

Young Bae avoids his eyesight and looks back toward the front door. “Break me out of here.” He mumbles slowly while flicking his fingers toward the three of them then back toward the door. “I’ll buy you whatever you want if you break me out of here.” This time he’s completely serious and it’s beginning to scare them.

 

“Should we call for a nurse?” Bora offers.

 

Hyo Jung shakes her head, “He might actually kill of us if we do.”

 

•••

 

Once Young Bae got out of the hospital, he returned to normal. Apparently, from being stuck in the hospital alone, he got a psychological problem—not serious—that many inmates get from being stuck in solidarity, it’s like loneliness and anger but to a higher degree. Thankfully, once his ribs heeled, his parents hauled his crazy home and he’s been fine ever since.

 

“Come on,” He begged Hyo Jung as she walked at the slowest speed possible to his car. “Walk faster, you’re driving me crazy!” Hyo Jung gives him a look and immediately he shuts up as he keeps a hold of the open passenger door.

 

Hyo Jung huffs, “This is the third time this year that you’ve dragged me out of school early. One of these days my excuses aren’t going to work.” Young Bae only nods his head as he guides her into the car, before making his own way into the driver’s seat. “Where are we going?”

 

“It’s a surprise.” He comments.

 

She stares at him with a look that says he obviously doesn’t get what happened last time, “Look, I really appreciate this and all—but I think you should tell me. I seriously don’t want something bad to happen. I mean, you just got out of the hospital.” Young Bae shakes his head.

 

“Trust me, there’s no way I can’t get hurt on this one.”

 

She sighs, “You better not. You’re still bruised from the last time.” He waves his hand in his face saying ‘okay’ before resting his arm on the console and grabbing a hold of her hand to intertwine them.

 

By the time they had reached the respected place Young Bae wanted to go to, school was over and Bora was constantly texting Hyo Jung like it’s her job. “Unnie, I’m okay.” She breathes as she types it into her phone.

 

“We’re here.” Young Bae says as he parks his car in the driveway of a small blue house. Hyo Jung places her phone in her pocket and looks up in confusion. A house? He brought her to a house? For what? “Come on.” He hops out of the car rather excited as she gets out slowly.

 

She sighs, “What are we doing here?” Young Bae only latches his hand onto hers and drags her toward the house, until they were right inside. At the sight of what’s inside, Hyo Jung begins to sneeze.

 

“Someone said you’re dog ran away a while ago, so I bought all these from the pound. The ones you don’t pick are going to be adopted later.” He points to all the different cages with a ton of different dogs with a bright smile on his face. It crushes her how now she’s going to have to crush him.

 

She sneezes again, “Uh, can we talk outside?” She asks and he nods slowly as he helps her outside as she continues to sneeze, and sneeze, and sneeze. “This is such a thoughtful idea, but—I’m allergic to dogs. I lied to my teacher in order to get out of detention.” Young Bae’s face drops.

 

“Really?” He asks; she nods. He sighs and shifts into a seat on the front porch with his head in his hands. “God, I messed up again.” He mumbles. Instantly Hyo Jung feels bad. “I’m sorry.” He says as she takes a seat next to him and leans her body up against him.

 

“Don’t feel bad; you have the best intention.” She says, and he sighs as he gets up to stretch his body. She follows after him and walks beside him as he paces back and forth. “Will you relax?” She begs as she grabs a hold of his hand and steps in front of him. He looks down at her with a sigh.

 

“I feel like a horrible boyfriend.”

 

She shakes her head. Ultimately feeling awful about how he must feel. Hyo Jung slowly rose onto her tippy toes, and with his head in a good position, presses her lips to his. It didn’t take long for Young Bae to react; placing his hands on the side of her face, and reacting his own lips with hers. She pulls away first with a smile,

“You’re the best boyfriend; so stop acting like a loser.”

 

Young Bae stood there with a smile. He can’t believe how right she was when she said she was a good kisser; because, she’s by far the best. “By the way, just so you know, I confessed first and I kissed you first. This means, I’m still the man in this relationship.” He finally frowns.

 

“No!”

 

“Yes.”

 

Young Bae groans in annoyance before he reaches down and pecks her lips quickly. “I kissed you second; which means I’m now the man in the relationship.” Hyo Jung rolls her eyes as she leans up to kiss his lips quickly.

 

“I kissed you third.” She retorts.

 

He huffs annoyed, “How can I be happy about finally kissing you when you said that?” She laughs and pats his arm.

 

“I think this is the least of your worries; you have about one hundred dogs that need to be adopted. And I would totally help, but I’m allergic; so, good luck.” She gives him a thumbs up before walking over to his car and sitting in the passenger seat. He sighs as he turns to look toward the house filled with dogs.

 

“This .”

AUTHORS NOTE: This was so much fun to write; I honestly feel like I'm going to miss writing these characters. They honestly feel so real to me, I don't know if they do to you but I'm honestly so sad that I'm done writing it, and I'll defintely miss it. I hope you all enjoyed, and thank you for supporting me through this process!