#2

Hashtag Senior's

 

What a giant shock! Hyo Jung’s best friend Bora, who is supposed to be in love with Young Bae, whom she—Hyo Jung—hates, is getting it on with Dae Seong, Young Bae’s best friend and now Hyo Jung is sitting on a bench on the side of a crappy convenience store with said hated boy. “Why in the entire world did they do that?” She mumbles while sipping on her water.

 

 

“What do you mean? It’s natural for two people who are physically and mentally attracted to each other to get it on like nobody’s business. Although it’s hearsay whether or not you get it on in a closet; in my opinion I wouldn’t.”

 

Hyo Jung twists her head to look at the boy whom she’s been hanging out more frequently with. After that fateful day of catching their best friends together, the two have since separated from the love birds and have, for some reason, hung with each other despite her completely hating him and him being neutral about her; they’ve been doing this for the past two weeks.

 

“Did I ask for your opinion?”

 

Young Bae purses his lips before continuing to eat his popsicle. It’s still a mind boggle for her why her best friend is with Dae Seong if she didn’t giggle. Bora only giggles when she likes a guy, and she’s only done that with two people: Kim Dong Hyun and the idiot sitting next to her. Unless, “I’ve got it,” She claps her hands after putting her water done. “She’s trying to make you jealous.”

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that Bora doesn’t like me?” Young Bae asks while lying back on the table of the bench to sleep. “Why do you care anyways? They’re happy right?” Annoyingly happy that is. Besides, it’s not the fact that Bora’s happy that bothers her, it’s the fact that she doesn’t know why Bora’s happy that bothers her.

 

Hyo Jung sighs as her eyes wander across the parking lot before landing on to weird looking boys. Boys whom she recognizes as Ji Yong, and Seung Hyun—the two dorks whom she’s had clashes with since the starting of her awkward friendship with Young Bae. “They’re staring at us again.” She says while nudging Young Bae in the side.

 

“Yah, I know we’re both good looking but it would be nice if you could stop staring.” He yells as he pulls himself up into a sitting position. The two in the back corner watching them, look at each other before advancing toward them in a somewhat creepy manner.

 

“They’re walking over here.” She mumbles while nudging him more.

 

He rolls his eyes, “I can see.” Both Young Bae, and Hyo Jung stand up with their arms crossed over their chests as the two others come right up in front of them. “You really don’t know how to listen, do you?” The two others eyes were like a flaring fire as they stared at the two they assumed are a ‘couple’ from what they’ve told them.

 

“This is honestly just getting annoying with you two.” Hyo Jung breathes while shaking her head back and forth. “Look, I’m sorry that you got hit in the crotch because you’re bad ad dodging.” She says pointedly to Seung Hyun which gathers chuckles from both Ji Yong and Young Bae. “But can’t we get past this and come to some sort of agreement? Like, you go your way, and we’ll go our way?” She asks.

 

Seung Hyun rolls his eyes, “You also got us detention for two weeks.”

 

“Well, I mean, that can’t be helped.” She shrugs her shoulders a few times as she sits back down on the bench, Young Bae following her in tow. “You threw the first punch, you get detention.” Somehow, in some way Hyo Jung had managed to convince Mr. Hyun Suk to let Young Bae off the hook which resulted in Ji Yong and Seung Hyun getting more detention than usual.

 

“This .” Ji Yong mutters to himself.

 

The words are like a slap to her face, with all her might Hyo Jung stands up and throws her first in Ji Yong’s direction only to be held back by Young Bae. “Let me go! This just called me a !” Young Bae’s arms encircled Hyo Jung’s waist as he began to drag her away from the two dorks she so wants to beat up. “Dude, let me go!” She cries once more while kicking her feet and clawing at his arms.

 

Soon enough she was being dragged all the way to the school’s parking lot where he finally stopped dragging her and placed her on the hood of his car. “You’re really stupid, you know that?” He asks while taking a seat next to her. She crosses her arms and gives him a look which he responds with a look of his own. “Ji Yong and Seung Hyun are good fighters; don’t think just because you’re a girl that they won’t hurt you.”

 

“I can take care of myself.” She pouts while glaring over at him. “Anyways, let’s focus on the big problem at hand: Dae Seong Oppa, and Bora Unnie.”

 

“Yah, why do you call Dae Seong Oppa and not me?” Young Bae whines. Hyo Jung stares over at him deadpanned. Is that seriously what he gets from this situation? Whether or not she calls him oppa? He’s positively stupid.

 

Hyo Jung shakes her head annoyed, “Pay attention…oppa.” She cringes at the use of the word and having it directed toward Young Bae who only smiles proud that he got her to say it. “Do you remember the day that Bora giggled?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why not?” Hyo Jung whines while tapping her foot wildly. “That’s the only way we can actually figure out what’s going on.” She sighs and tilts her head on her hand. How the heck is she going to figure this out if Young Bae isn’t going to be helpful? “Okay, what if I describe everything I saw that day? Do you think you could remember what you said that made her laugh?”

 

Young Bae nods his head side to side, “It may.”

 

“You guys were walking down the hallway near class 4-B. Bora was wearing a stripped pink shirt, and denim shorts. You were wearing something ugly like usual.” Young Bae huffs at her comment as she continues, “Bora was tapping your arm like crazy because she probably wanted you to tell her something, and then you sighed and shoved her hand off. That’s when you said something which made her laugh.”

 

Young Bae’s eyes narrow as his brain tries to focus solely on that day. But his mind became blank of that entire day. “I got nothing.” Hyo Jung sighs while placing her head on the top of her knees. “Why don’t we ask Bora instead of trying to figure this out on our own? I feel stupid trying to do this by ourselves.”

 

“I feel stupid whenever I’m with you.”

 

The two keep quiet right after that as Young Bae lies back on his car, his back resting on the windshield, and the rest of his body resting on the hood; while Hyo Jung stayed in her position thinking hard about the situation with their best friends. It’s beginning to get even more on her nerves because of the fact that Dae Seong keeps taking up all of Bora’s time leaving no time for her and Bora to hang out like they use to, and it . Royally.

 

“It’s raining. Why is it always raining?” Hyo Jung comments the minute it began to pour around her and on her. Young Bae pulls himself up from the car, and drags Hyo Jung with him by the wrist. Once on the passenger side of the car, he shoves her in, and runs around to the other side to get in. He starts up the car and puts the heater on immediately before peeling off his soaked jacket and throwing it in the back.

 

“You cold?” He asks as he rubs his hands together and breathes on it to generate heat. Hyo Jung purses her lips and shakes her head as she pulls her hair up into a tight bun on the top of her head. “You want me to drop you off at home?” She nods and slips the seatbelt on as he puts his own on. The two keep quiet as he reaches a stop light. “Let me ask you a question, why do you want to know whether or not Bora laughed with me?”

 

Hyo Jung sighs, “Dong Hyun Oppa is the reason why I need to know.” Young Bae glances at her with curiosity before turning his focus back toward the main road. “Dong Hyun Oppa, Bora Unnie, and I were best friends since birth; always by each other’s side. Of course Bora and Dong Hyun were closer than Bora and I or even Dong Hyun and I. That closeness between them lead to Bora getting feelings for him; and it’s not easy for her to catch feelings in the first place. But Dong Hyun Oppa was different, and will always be different for her—he was someone extremely special in her eyes. He took care of her better than anyone else, always watching over her, and listening to everything she had to say.”

 

Hyo Jung smiles and fiddles with the edge of her wet shirt, “I never realized how much Bora liked Dong Hyun until the first time I heard her giggle. She always said giggling is for stupid girls who have no respect for themselves, so it was weird to hear it coming from her, and then when I saw oppa with her it just all made since. But the thing was Dong Hyun didn’t like Bora the way she liked him. He always just thought of both her and me as little sisters to take care of.”

 

“I messed their relationship up real bad. I didn’t want Bora to get hurt; I never want Bora to get hurt so I told Dong Hyun about Bora’s feelings. He didn’t seem like he was that surprised but then again Dong Hyun never really showed that much emotion. After that he was really weird. The next day at school, he shunned her.” Hyo Jung takes a deep breath to run her fingers along her legs in a rough pattern as if to calm herself. “He wouldn’t talk to her, look at her, or be near her. Bora was so devastated that she cried that whole day and every day after. It wasn’t until the last day of school that he had the audacity to reject her in front of almost everyone. I’d never seen Dong Hyun Oppa that way before. It was disgusting the way he treated her. And then, when Bora asked him how he found out he said it was because of me and he thanked me for making him realize everything.” Hyo Jung sighs.

 

“Bora didn’t trust me after that, and I still think she doesn’t trust me. I just want to make sure I don’t mess up again, and I want to make sure Dae Seong is truly the person she wants to be with. I don’t want another stupid accident, like what happened with Dong Hyun, to happen again.”

 

Young Bae nods his head; now finally understanding the situation and why Hyo Jung is so head strong with it. “I’ll help you; as much as possible.” Hyo Jung rolls her eyes. Like she didn’t already know that he would. Soon enough they arrived at Hyo Jung’s small one story house located nearby the school only twenty minute drive with no traffic.

 

“Thanks for driving me home.” She says as he pulls into the driveway.

 

He nods, “Should I pick you up tomorrow morning?” She scoffs and shakes her head. Does this boy not get that they’re barely even friends?

 

“Do what you want.”

 

•••

 

The minute Hyo Jung stepped down the stairs of her house; she cringed at the sight in front of her. Her father shaking Young Bae’s hand as her younger sister, Dasom, watched him with loving eyes; her mother on the other hand brought him a stack full of foods that are usually for Hyo Jung’s lunches. “Wow, you’re extremely good looking. Like, way better looking than any other guy unnie has brought home.” Dasom says with a smile as she stares up at Young Bae.

 

Young Bae nods his head with a grin, “Thank you.”

 

“What’s your relationship with my daughter?” Hyo Jung’s father suddenly barks.

 

Hyo Jung takes this time to walk down the stairs and step in front of Young Bae, blocking her father’s view of him. “He’s my big buddy. You know. A senior takes on the responsibility of helping a sophomore for the rest of the school year or until they feel they’ve done enough to help. Duh, I had you guys sign the papers last week.” Hyo Jung latches her hand on Young Bae’s arm as she guides the both of them to the door. “I’m going. Love you all, bye.”

 

She drags Young Bae out of her house, and as far away from her parents as possible. “What is wrong with you? My parents are super into knowing everything and my sisters a little brat.” He pulls open the door to the passenger side, and Hyo Jung slips in as he runs to the other side and jumps in.

 

“They saw me when I got to the drive way, your dad came out and invited me in. I was just going to wait until he came out.” Hyo Jung sighs. It doesn’t matter how strong a guy is, they will always fear her father. “So, you’ve brought a lot of guys home?” He asks with his eyebrows up in a questionable face.

 

Hyo Jung shrugs, “I’m pretty popular in that department.”

 

Young Bae snorts but ultimately starts the car and drives out of the driveway. “Who in their right mind would like you?” He asks while shaking his head. Hyo Jung purses her lips and crosses her arms.

 

“Lee Seung Hoon.”

 

“The nerd?”

 

“He’s not nerdy! He just has eyesight problems and needs large glasses.” She defends as Young Bae merely laughs. “And Kim Jin Woo.”

 

He tilts his head to the side and tries to suppress a laugh that began to build in his throat, “Didn’t he just come out of the closet?” Hyo Jung rolls her eyes as she lets her head fall on the window. “Haven’t you dated any manly guys?” Now Young Bae has already achieved to get on her nerves. For some reason he seemed nicer last night when he was listening to her than he is now.

 

“Why do you care?”

 

He grunts while adjusting himself in his seat, “I don’t care. I could care less about who you date or go out with.” Hyo Jung scoffs because the last thing she believes is him. “All I was asking is what losers would be interested in you, and thankfully they are a bunch of losers.”

 

Thankfully?

 

Young Bae begins to get flustered as he drums his fingers against the steering wheel. “I don’t mean thankfully, I mean-it’s just, I—never mind.” Hyo Jung laughs as Young Bae tries to cover up his flustered face. “Just shut up and be happy you have a ride to school.”

 

“I never said I wasn’t thankful.”

 

Young Bae sighs as he pulls into the parking lot of school, “Shut up.” Hyo Jung laughs brightly as she gets out of the car and falls into step with Young Bae as they walk up the stairs and into the school. Their eyes immediately land on their best friends doing loving things together next to Hyo Jung and Bora’s lockers. Dae Seong has his hands securely wrapped around Bora’s waist, and Bora had her arms around Dae Seong’s neck.

 

“Gross.” Hyo Jung mutters as the two walk over to them. “Hey guys.” Hyo Jung says while stepping her way in between Bora and Dae Seong who separate despite not wanting to. “How have you guys been?”

 

Bora smiles, “We’ve been great. And you?” Hyo Jung hates that. The fact that Bora doesn’t know how Hyo Jung is. It means they haven’t been close enough to know; things aren’t the same anymore.

 

“I’ve been good to.”

 

Young Bae sticks out his hand as if to say ‘I’m here to’ and slightly frowns, “I’ve been good as well; thanks for asking.” Hyo Jung scowls over at him.

 

“They didn’t.”

 

Of course it isn’t like Dae Seong and Bora are paying attention, instead Dae Seong is pecking all over Bora’s face causing her to giggle. “You’re giggling!” Hyo Jung shouts while pointing accusingly at Bora. “You like two guys at the same time?” Bora separates from Dae Seong and stares at her best friend confused about what she just said.

 

“What are you talking about? I only like Dae Seong Oppa.”

 

Dae Seong smiles but Hyo Jung frowns, “No, you giggled with Young Bae to which means you must like both of them.” This time Dae Seong frowns with Hyo Jung. “I saw you with my own eyes. You like both of them.”

 

“Is that true Bora?” Dae Seong asks.

 

Bora shakes her head, “I swear I have no clue what she’s talking about.”

 

 

“Maybe you two should talk it out and tell me how you feel later. Come on hyung.” Dae Seong grabs Young Bae by the shoulder and leads him far away from the two girls who were staring at each other: one with a frown, and one in blatant anger.

 

Bora cries out in anger, “What is wrong with you? Are you unhappy because I’m finally happy with someone?” Hyo Jung blinks as she takes a step back from her best friend in confusion. “Every time I find someone I like you just have to go and ruin it. First with Dong Hyun and now with Dae Seong Oppa; what is wrong with you?” Hyo Jung stares appalled at her best friend.

 

“I’m just trying to understand; If you tell me things I wouldn’t ask so many questions but you’re so secretive about who you like I have to be a freaking detective just to figure it out.” Hyo Jung spits back.

 

Bora laughs cynically, “I keep secrets from you because I don’t want another situation like last time; because of you I was shunned by the only person I ever thought loved me. That was your entire fault.”

 

“I was trying to protect you!”

 

“I don’t need protection from a girl that can’t even protect herself; nevertheless a liar.”  Hyo Jung stares a gaped at her best friend as tears begin to brim her eyes. “That’s right, you’re a liar. You lie all the time. I mean, how am I supposed to know if anything you say is true? Maybe you told Dong Hyun on purpose just to hurt me. Maybe your goal in life is to see me sad and unhappy. Whatever it is, it’s not going to happen; because our friendship is over.” Bora shakes her head and slams her shoulder into Hyo Jung but stops mid walking.

 

“By the way, not once had I ever had feelings for Young Bae. I only ever asked about Dae Seong, and if you were my real friend you would’ve known that.” And just like that, in that short amount of time Hyo Jung had lost her best friend; because she had once again done something stupid.

 

“You okay?” Young Bae asks the minute Hyo Jung walks out of her third period class. He had been trying to find the girl once he heard Dae Seong say Bora dropped Hyo Jung as a friend, but the girl is a master of keeping herself hidden from him. She shakes her head and looks up at him with a tear strained face and bright red eyes. “Have you, been you know…crying?”

 

She nods, “It won’t stop either. My eyes just keep tearing up and then they fall like my eyes are an overfilled lake and my cheeks are the waterfalls for it to fall down from.” Young Bae nods and takes a deep breath as he follows her down the hallway to her locker.

 

“You want to go somewhere else?” He asks and Hyo Jung without delay shakes her head thinking its some type of advance when it’s actually Young Bae’s poor excuse for comforting. “Are you sure…we could get pancakes.” Young Bae stops immediately stops talking when he sees Hyo Jung’s lower lip begin to tremble, when he finally sees what she’s focusing on: he sighs. “Just go apologize and say sorry to Dae Seong and her.”

 

Hyo Jung shakes her head as tears begin to fall, “I hate crying.” She whines.

 

“Then go apologize and you will stop.” But as soon as he sees Hyo Jung begin to sob uncontrollably he takes the girl by the hand and directly leads her out of the school. “You can seriously be so intolerable at times. Everything would’ve been so much easier if you talked to Bora when you were alone at lunch or something. Saying all that in front of Dae Seong made him insecure when he’s already insecure about a lot of things especially when it comes to girls and the last thing he thinks is that a girl like Bora would like a guy like him.”

 

Hyo Jung pouts as he guides her into his car before sprinting to the other side and climbing in, “Let’s just go eat pancakes and you can calm down before apologizing to both of them. Okay?” Hyo Jung nods as he drives out of the school like they don’t have class to get to.

 

The diner wasn’t busy, though what diner is busy on a Wednesday? Not many. The whole time while there, Young Bae ate his pancakes in silence as Hyo Jung tried to eat hers but ultimately began to break down in tears. “Do you want to talk about it?” He asks slowly after finishing the last bite of his pancakes.

 

Hyo Jung sniffles, “Talk about what? The fact that I lost my best friend, might be on my period, and that my pancakes are soggy?” Young Bae gulps. He really has no clue how to deal with girl problems. I mean the only time he ever dated a girl was Lee Chae Rin whom dumped him four months later because he wasn’t ‘emotional enough’ at the time he didn’t really care but now seeing Hyo Jung hurt and sad, all he wants to do is make her happy but he’s not sure how; because Chae Rin was right, he’s not emotional enough.

 

“Sure, any of those work.” He offers.

 

She sighs while shaking her head, “Can we go to the convenience store?” Young Bae nods as he places the money for the food on the table, before escorting Hyo Jung out of the small diner and back to his car. It wasn’t long until he pulled the car into the parking lot of the closest convenience store. “I’ll be right back.”

 

“No, I’ll go with you.” He says while getting out of the car and following after. Hyo Jung cringes as Young Bae follows closely behind her like she’s some delicate flower. She understands that she’s been crying and he’s scared she’ll do something bash—but she knows better. Things weren’t awkward between them until Hyo Jung grabbed two boxes of tampons, one box of pads, and a bottle of Midol. “Oh, you were serious.”

 

Hyo Jung grimaces, “I don’t kid about periods.” Young Bae gulps, and nods while following her around the store. “Here.” She passes him the boxes of tampons and pads as she reaches into the refrigerated section and pulls out two bottles of lemonade.

 

“This is…weird.” He mumbles as the two walk up to the counter to pay. She sets all the things in her hands down, as he sets the things in his hands down. Hyo Jung digs for wallet and sighs once she gets it. She’s honestly too tired to deal with anything. “Here.” He blocks Hyo Jung from paying and instead puts down the amount of money on the counter and grabs the bag of needed material, before pulling her out of the store and back to his car. “I’ll wait out here. You can go do your thing.” He stammers awkwardly.

 

She grimaces, “Yeah.” She walks away and to the outside bathroom as Young Bae climbs into his car and waits patiently. A few minutes later Hyo Jung comes back out and gets into his car. “I think that my feelings are just intensified because of my period. Honestly, I feel like I could die of sadness if someone even dares to bring up…you know who.”

 

“Bora?”

 

A strand of ‘Oh my God how could you?’ came out of Hyo Jung’s mouth before she began to cry out loud. “Whoa, no—, crying; don’t do that!” Young Bae curses as he awkwardly pats her arm. “You’ll ruin your makeup again.” He tries to bargain as he bites his lip in distraught.

 

“I just want my best friend!” She sobs while flinging her arms around to emphasize the situation. Young Bae nods while starting up the engine to the car. The sooner he gets to Bora, the faster Hyo Jung stops crying. And honestly, in this moment he would pay anyone to make her crying stop, because not only is getting on his nerves but he’s slightly feeling bad.

 

“Look we’re here. Bora’s right inside. We can get to her quickly if you get out and stop crying.” He tries to reason but it only makes her cry more. “All right, hold on.” He hops out of the car and goes to the other side and pops open her door. With her still crying, he pulls off her seatbelt and helps her to stand up. Soon enough he’s dragging her into the school and to the cafeteria where Bora and Dae Seong were sharing lunch and laughing with each other.

 

“Hey guys.” Young Bae says the minute he reaches them with a crying Hyo Jung in his arms. “She wants to something to the both of you.” Both Bora and Dae Seong pull their gazes away from Young Bae and toward Hyo Jung.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s because I’m stupid. I’m sorry for always messing things up for you Bora, and I’m sorry for being an untrustworthy best friend. I didn’t mean for anything bad to happen. I hope you know that. You’re my best friend; I would never hurt you.” Hyo Jung continues to ball at every word as Bora watches wordlessly. Dae Seong on the other hand looks like he feels terrible.

 

Bora sighs, “Hyo Jung, let’s talk about this later when everything cools down.” And now, now Young Bae decides to step in because he’s seriously tired of seeing Hyo Jung in pieces and having to watch Bora be happy while she suffers.

 

“Look, I’m damn tired of this and it’s only been a few hours. She’s nonstop crying and bawling over what you said, and instead of being angry with the way you treated her—she’s sad for messing things up. Hyo Jung is sorry for being stupid earlier. She cares a ton about you and was worried about making the same mistake twice, and maybe she did but you explained things to Dae Seong and he understood.” Young Bae sighs as he tries to recollect her words in his brain, “I messed their relationship up real bad. I didn’t want Bora to get hurt; I never want Bora to get hurt so I told Dong Hyun about Bora’s feelings. That’s what she told me.” Bora’s lips part in confusion as she listens to Young Bae.

 

“She didn’t do it to hurt you; it sounds idiotic but she did it to help you. All she wants is for you to be happy and she wanted to make sure that you can find that happiness with Dae Seong. So yeah, she said stupid things but that’s not enough to ruin a friendship over and if you do ruin that friendship then you never deserved a friend like her in the first place. So don’t continue to lead her on and act like everything will be fine in a few days, if you’re never going to befriend her again. Just say how you feel.”

 

Bora tears her gaze away from Young Bae and over at Hyo Jung. “Don’t do something stupid like that again, okay?” Hyo Jung nods as Bora opens up her arms for her to walk into, and she does. “You’re my best friend, you know that?” Hyo Jung nods as she silent weeps into her shoulder.

 

“I became a weeping little because of you.”

 

Bora laughs and Hyo Jin’s hair, “You’re always a little .”

 

“Yeah but not to that degree. I cried so much and got on everyone’s nerves, and I’m on my period.” Bora bursts into brighter laughter as she leans on her best friend’s shoulder for added support. “I think it just made everything worse.”

 

Bora nods, “Obviously, you loser.”

 

Hyo Jung pulls back. Loser? Loser? No Hyo Jung is not a loser. She turns her attention towards Young Bae who is shoving his face with Dae Seong’s French fries. “Yah, Young Bae!” He drops the fry that was in his mouth and looks over at Hyo Jung. “Loser says what?”

 

“What?”

 

“Exactly.”

 

•••

 

Young Bae sat on the bench outside of the convenience store with a Popsicle in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. The past few days he had suddenly began to feel strange. For one, he began to miss Hyo Jung’s random appearances in his life since she and Bora decided to spend more time together and two, he’s come to realize how he feels around Hyo Jung and about her as well.

 

“Yah, who do you think you are to touch me?” A loud, obnoxious, yet sweet voice Young Bae has come to like, shouts. “Do I look like a e to you? How dare you touch me?” Young Bae pulls himself into a standing position and finds Hyo Jung yelling at Kim Jong In who was laughing at her with a smirk. “Touch me again, you die!” She shouts while shoving her fist toward him, only to have him grab it and hold it tightly. Young Bae drops his popsicle and drink at the scene unraveling in front of him.

 

He sneers in anger as he walks up to them and places his arm around Hyo Jung’s shoulders—not in a protective way. “Egg foo young, is there a problem?” Hyo Jung looks up at him and nods her head a million times.

 

“Yeah, this rotten piece of turd over here touched my without my permission.” Hyo Jung looks over at Jong In who was merely watching them with curiosity. “You’ll get it now, my sesame chicken—as I like to call him—will beat your for touching me like you did, right?”

 

Young Bae nods, “Right.” Jong In backs up as Young Bae threateningly walks toward him. “Just leave already.” Young Bae says as he pushes Jong In’s head and forces him to leave. Young Bae turns back toward Hyo Jung who raises her hand for a high five which he accepts.

 

“Wow, I haven’t seen you in a while.” She says as the two walk over to the bench and sit down on it. “How have you been?” Young Bae shrugs as he picks up his previous drink and takes a sip of it.

 

“I’ve been fine, and you?”

 

She sighs as she lies back on the bench, “Strangely Young Bae, I’ve come to really miss you.” His head snaps toward her in shock. Hyo Jung misses Young Bae? What is this a conspiracy? “You weren’t as bad as I thought you were…you were a fraction worse.” And then there’s the hitter. “But, for some odd reason, I think I started to like you.”

 

“Wait, are you confessing to me right now?” She props herself on her elbows and nods her head causing him to stand up and shake his head. “No, you can’t do that—it’s my job to do that. You shut up, I should confess first.”

 

Hyo Jung rolls her eyes as she stands up, “What generation do we live in, the fifties? Girls can confess first before the boy does. Don’t get so defensive.” She crosses her arms as he crosses his.

 

“Are we arguing about who’s going to confess first?” Young Bae complains as he shakes her head. Hyo Jung nods her head in confirmation. “Honestly, I should be the first to confess, I liked you first.”

 

Hyo Jung rolls her eyes, “Dude, I confessed first get over yourself. Besides, you haven’t ever said you liked me before: I said so first which means I probably liked you first before you even thought about liking me.” She shouts.

 

“I like you!” He shouts.

 

“I like you to!” She shouts back.

 

“Jesus, you’re freaking annoying.” He crosses his arms over his chest with a frown before smiling and wrapping them around her, only to cause her to whine and try to push him off. “Stop fighting me, you know you like this.”

 

Hyo Jung sighs and ultimately wraps her arms around his torso, “Please tell me that if Bora asks if you want to go on a double date with her and Dae Seong you’ll say no.” Young Bae laughs as he sets his chin on top of her head.

 

“As long as you call me oppa.”

 

“Never, you’ll always be sesame chicken to me.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, and you’ll always be Egg foo young.”

 

She rolls her eyes and pulls back a little to frown in front of his face, “Can’t you find a shorter name? Seriously Egg foo young is too long.” Young Bae shakes his head and leans down to kiss her, but she blocks him. “Look dude, I like you and all, but you have to work to kiss me. I’m sorry; I don’t give it up just to anyone. I mean—yeah, sure—you gained my liking, but seriously do something that’ll actually make want to kiss you or allow you to kiss me.”

 

“Seriously?”

 

She nods her head multiple times, “Yeah. You’ve known me for a while now—you know I’m a hard person to work with.” Young Bae laughs and places his head against her. “Oh, one more thing.” Young Bae pulls away to look at her in confusion as she smirks, “Seniors .” She sticks her tongue out at him before running off with a fit of giggles.

 

He stares after her, before bursting into a sprint after her, “I was dared to say it.” She giggles once he catches her and pulls her into his chest. She places a hand over as he twists her toward him.

 

“Did you just giggle?” He asks with a grin while she shakes her head.

 

“Never.”

 

His grin widens, “You giggled; which means you really do like me.” She laughs and buries her head in his chest. “But, I like I said, I like you way more than you like me.” She scoffs.

 

“As if, you loser.”

 

DICTIONARY:

  1. Oppa: A term that means older brother/male used only by younger sisters/females and said only to older brothers/males.
  2. Hyung: At term that means older brother/male used only by younger brothers/males and said only to older brothers/males.
  3. Unnie: A term that means older sister/female used only by younger sisters/females and said only to older sisters/females.

GUEST APPEARANCES BY: G-Dragon, T.O.P, Dasom, Kai | (mentioned) Donghyun (of Boyfriend), Papa YG, Seunghoon, Jinwoo, CL