Chapter 1

Exo Next door (Sehun Version)

Ji Mira was the lonely depressed girl that very neighborhood had. Her parents died in a car crash in the states before she was sent here, to her Aunt who adopted her. Her parents were rich so the money was passed down to her after they passed and she spent it wisely, for homeschooling since she was quite smart. She might be smart, had a well kept figure even when eating junk and was quite beautiful to some eyes but herself, but she was a severely depressed girl who couldn't get the thought of death out of her head. She had been bullied for being half-Korean when she studied in the states so when her parents passed on, people picked on her more. She had come close to death several times but was always stopped before she could do anything by her parents. They helped her, cared for, made her feel loved so when they left, everything had came crashing down.

 

But living in the country her mum was born in, she was relieved, no one could joke about her here but she was wrong when she got bullied, making her leave her school. She lived with her cousins, turned brother and sister who loved her for her and cared for her. Her Aunt turned Mum, and her new siblings tried their best to reach out to her, they kept her happy when they could even when they only met twice a year when they were younger. She got close to Kwangsoo who was a month older and was very weird but he took care of her like a sister. Even with her new family, she just couldn't stop thinking about dying. When you fall into depression, it's not easy to get out.

 

Mira POV

 

I groaned, sitting up on my bed as I looked over to my alarm clock. 2pm. Did I really study late again?, I picked up the note left on my night lamp.

 

Mira, I didn't wake you up because I saw you were up late. Lunch is on the table, eat it and ask Unnie or Oppa for your medication. And go out today, the weather is nice and you shouldn't be staying inside all the time at your age. Love, Mum.

 

I put it in my Note box under my bed before getting up and getting a shower. I changed into my sweater and jeans before heading to the kitchen, no one seemed to be at home so I ate alone. After lunch, I took Mum's words into consideration, putting on my coat and uggs on, heading to the convenience store. I had to go there anyway, I was running out of snacks. I kept my head down the whole way, cause I'm not that confident. I got home, keeping away my stuff before heading to the backyard. Oppa is always here, with his own little tent. I got in, looking at him read those ancient Korean books.

 

Mira: Oppa, Medicine.

Kwangsoo: Here, *passes you a cup of water and the pill as you swallow it* and we've got new neighbours, so remember to keep your window closed when you sleep. Noona said they were ugly asses so you wouldn't know if they were stalkers too.

Mira: Dae~, did you have lunch? I heated it up just now?

Kwangsoo: Yeah, I did. So go get some rest.

 

I nod, walking away. But I didn't exactly rest, instead I started cleaning up my room before heading to Unnie's room to help her clean. Umma keeps calling it a pigsty so why not? I showered before going to bed again, but I was woken up by Unnie's scream so I ran into her room to see everything was fine. So I went down for dinner instead. But the thoughts of just killing myself didn't leave my head, after how those people stared at me at the convenience store, I just couldn't. I fell asleep after awhile of thinking, thinking how I can end it all.

 

Oppa woke me up early before handing me my medication as I took a shower and went down for breakfast. After breakfast, I went back to studying but got bored so I just sat by the window. I looked over to Oppa's tent to see him inviting someone inside, but I looked away when he looked up. I went to the kitchen for a glass of water to see Oppa walk in, taking the coffee beans with him. Oh, the famous Kwangsoo Grind coffee. Kwangsoo Oppa asked me to join him, knowing how much I love his coffee, saying it was our new neighbor who wanted to try. But I declined, saying I've got to study as I headed back to my room. But I immersed myself into a book i got as a present from Unnie instead, as I sat by the window, enjoying the spring wind. Unnie had been more fidgety and nervous during dinner today as I saw her friend come by, I even heard screaming from their room. I didn't sleep till 3am last night because I got a bit too immersed in the book. Love stories always get my attention, maybe because I yearn for it but never once have I been able to love someone. My love life is non-existent.

 

Unnie with a blanket wrapped around her, surprisingly woke me up the next morning, giving me breakfast and my medicine before venting out what happened. Unnie apparently had to start working as a maid at our neighbors so i guess I got curious, I mean Umma wouldn't just let her daughter go into some random stranger's house.

 

Yeonhee: Since Unnie is sick today, can you go? I mean the work will get piled up, if no one cleans today and I'm really too sick to go. All you have to do is clean, you can cover your face with this if you don't want them to see you face. Just help me clean up the kitchen, wash & iron the clothes and make sure the place is clean. Don't go inside any room, just the living room and the kitchen.

Mira: What do I get in return?

Yeonhee: Unnie will bring you out? We will go shopping together since I couldn't go before because of school?

Mira:*brightens* Chincha!? Okay, I'll do it!

 

I mean who wouldn't? Like I've never been anywhere out of this neighborhood since I moved here. I got dressed before putting on the mask and heading over with the pass Unnie gave. Heck, these guys knew how to mess the place up. I looked at the mess, heading to the kitchen, only for my eyes to widen as I saw the four boys. Four of mega superstar group, EXO , like what the .

 

Chanyeol: Who are you?

Mira: *bows, taking out your phone and typing* I'm here to substitute for Yeonhee Unnie, I'm her younger sister, Ji Mira. *shows it to them*

Sehun: Anneyeong~ I'm Kwangsoo's friend.

Mira: *bows* I'll just start work, Unnie told me what to do already. *walks to the supply closet*

Baekhyun: Her eyes are pretty though, wonder why doesn't she talk?

 

I just pretended not to hear as I started cleaning, washing and ironing before putting the stuff away and heading home. I was in shock as I went to Unnie's room and gave her the pass, saying they were alright as she told me to keep it a secret. I stayed in my room, continuing to read from where I left.

 

Sehun POV

 

This place has nothing much to do. I yawned as I stretched while busying myself with my laptop. My thoughts drifted off to Kwangsoo's sister though, I talked to him earlier because the Hyung's wanted to know what happened to Yeonhee Noona and why Mira isn't that much a talker either. Turns out, Yeonhee Unnie was sick even if I think her brother is more ill but when I asked about his younger sister, he told me that she was bullied a lot, she was his mom's sister's daughter but they died in an accident so his mum adopted her and that she had depression. At least it made sense that this guy couldn't possibly be biologically related to her directly. I mean I saw her, the first time I saw her, I only got to see it for a second but I knew she was beautiful. But then I found out, my room was directly opposite hers, I saw her beautiful glowing face. I mean how did a such a beauty get created, she looked like a goddess. Baekhyun Hyung and Kyungsoo Hyung were practicing lines in my room, when he quickly ran towards me, ducking behind the curtain.

 

Baekhyun: Yah, she looks like a goddess. I knew she was pretty.

Sehun: *looks over at you* She's beautiful, right?

DO: But her story was sad, how could anyone bully her? She seems innocent.

Sehun: I heard she got bullied in Korea too, her brother said she's homeschooling now.

Baekhyun: I wouldn't mind getting a girl like her, she's my style.

DO: She's too innocent for you.

 

They continued bickering as I stared at her, concentration solely on her book like she didn't care if world stars lived next to her.

 

Mira POV

 

I slept late again so I took a longer time than usual, waking up at dusk, showering and heading down for dinner. Unnie came home, happier before she told me to get ready so we could go shopping tonight! After dinner, we rushed out. Umma making sure to tell Unnie about safety and stuff before she let us go. We went to Dongdaemun, Myeongdong and so forth, eating street food, buying clothes. Shopping is what cheers any girl up, after the late night shopping we took a cab home as Oppa waited for us outside, carrying our bags in as we all turned in for bed. I woke up the next morning a bit tired but I went to study anyways after showering. I went to Unnie's room with a shirt flung to my head as I chuckled, seeing her run around. All she said was that EXO wanted to interview her before she rushed off, saying it was time. I cleaned up, the disheveled clothes, before heading to the kitchen for something to eat. Oppa was home instead of his tent today, as he asked me whether I knew about the neighbors. I said I did, thinking he was referring to EXO, before he told me to stay away from them as they had superpowers. Well that was taking it abit too far, I can't be bothered with his craziness at times. I just left for my room without saying anything.

 

I saw how Unnie had been working at that house for the past two days, leaving in the wee hours but coming home late at night, how much work cam four boys give her. I think it go too much for her so today she called me, asking for help, saying two is better than one. I mean, she is my Unnie so I went to help. Sehun saw me and immediately asked, Yeonhee to not let me go to any of the rooms. So I just kept to helping with basic stuff as Unnie went out to get groceries for them. Couldn't they do that themselves? Maybe not since people will recognize them. I was cleaning the living room window when I saw Minhwan Oppa, I knew who he was since I seen him before but then I was Yeonhee Unnie and started panicking. But I heard the door open before I saw four figures walk up to him. Holy . I cursed before I saw them end it quick as she came back. We unpacked the groceries before heading home, she started telling me everything and I was in disbelief as I went to shower, before getting immersed into my romance novel. At Least Unnie had a love story, I thought as I stared up in the sky but those thoughts changed into death. As the silver blade on my desk, attracted my attention. I looked over to my door, making sure it was locked before walking over unconsciously, taking the blade and heading back to my seat next to the window. Everything that had hurt me till now came into mind as tears flow out effortlessly. I pressed the blade on my screen, feeling the pain but relief as blood flowed out before the door busted open before I could make a deeper cut.

 

Sehun POV

 

I saw staring at her again, I didn't know why, she just got my attention. But then she walked away but when she came back, I saw something else in her hand. A blade, I saw her crying as she pressed it against her arm as I bolted out the door, over to her house, frantically knocking. Kwangsoo opened the door as I raced upstairs, I tried opening the door. But it was locked, Yeonhee asking me what was going on. "Your sister is trying to kill herself!", I yelled as we both tried to knock the door open. I told him to stand back as I kicked the door open, running up to her, asking Noona to get a first aid kit. Carrying her to her bed, getting a towel to wrapped around her bleeding arm first. Kwangsoo was crouched in a corner crying as Noona came back, both of us, immediately tending to her wound as it stopped bleeding. Lucky, it wasn't deep. They thanked me, Kwangsoo pledging his forever loyalty as I saw the new side to him. Noona thanked me before telling me they would take care of her, asking me to head home. But even when I got home, the hyungs questioning me and me telling them what happened, I still couldn't help but be worried. Lucky that my bed had a window facing her room so I didn't sleep that night and only paid attention to her, I saw her walk up, a pained expression on her face as I wanted to sprint to see if she needed anything but her mum was already there, giving her pills which I supposed were calming pills as she went back to sleep.