Bad Decisions

Front Neighbour [complete but not finished]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He felt a hand against his shoulder, which made him scream and throw his own hand up, ready to slap whoever was behind him.

Is it a robber, he thought. Kyungsoo turns around to slap the face out of the stranger, only to be stopped by him.

"Chiiill. I'm not here to hurt ya, okay?" The guy spoke. 

Kyungsoo let out a sigh of relief when he noticed the guy was actually Jongin's best friend, Oh Sehun. He has seen him around Jongin all the time, and he looked pretty laid back and relaxed, still, his mind was still telling him to be careful.

"God... Don't scare me like that. What do you want?" Kyungsoo lowered his hand and furrowed his eyebrows, trying to look at the man in front of him through the darkness of the night. Not only it was too dark where they were standing, he had to look up because apparently everyone was too freaking tall.

"Let's talk somewhere else. Do you have time?" Sehun spoke in a low tone.

"I don’t think-"

"Please." The taller male held Kyungsoo's shoulder firmly and looked into his eyes with a serious face. Kyungsoo gave up with a muted sigh and turned around, followed by Sehun. They stopped nearby at a café and sat down on a table, and ended up ordering two iced Americanos. They both stood there, looking at their cups for some minutes before Sehun interrupted their silence.

"Ya know... I heard you're friends with Jongin"

"We're just neighbours." Kyungsoo quickly answered, trying to look into the other’s eyes, but deep down he knew he was lying. He was lying to himself, because he still has feelings for Jongin. And he knows it is serious because every time Jongin’s name is mentioned his heart skips a beat and Kyungsoo tries his best not to smile or blush.

“Yeah… Sure. Look, I’ll be straight here. Stay away from him.” Kyungsoo almost choke on his coffee hearing what the other just said. “Excuse me?” He cleared his throat but his voice trembled slightly, thinking if it was just a joke, looking around to check if it was one of Jongdae’s pranks.

“Ya heard me.” Sehun sat back on his chair, holding his cup near his mouth and looking at Kyungsoo with piercing, half-opened eyes, making the older feel like he’s stabbing him with only his stare.

“Why would I stay away from him? I mean, I’m barely with him anyways…”

“Just stay away from him. And don’t tell him we met and had this convo. Hope you understand~!” Sehun got up and threw a fake smile at Kyungsoo, leaving some money on the table and walking away. Kyungsoo followed him with his eyes, his mouth slightly open, and when he was finally out of sight, he laid back on his chair, staring at the money left there.

“What the hell…”

 -----

The next morning Kyungsoo woke up later than he expected. He put on some jeans and a shirt and grabbed his bag, he was already 5 minutes late. If it weren’t for those rough 3 hours he spent watching his favourite series the night before, this wouldn’t happen.

As he was walking into the university’s hall, he spotted Sehun coming from inside the classroom. Kyungsoo remembered their conversation from the night before, and he was still thinking about it, honestly. Why would he want him away from Jongin? It’s not like they’re together anyways, but still, doesn’t he think of him as threat or something? A threat against what? Is he in love with Jongin? Just when he finishes thinking about that, Sehun comes across him, making him stop.

“I hope you remember our convo last night sweetie.” Sehun lowered his head and whispered near Kyungsoo’s ear. Even if his words weren’t rude or cruel, they would sound pretty nice in any other situation – given the nickname the taller used – and if it weren’t for the tone Sehun used, which sent shivers down Kyungsoo’s spine, making him aware of what the other is capable of. He didn’t know Sehun, he looks like an approach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter