BONUS: Chanyeol POV

Love Me Tender (or Simply Love Me At All)

            He was hopeless. Chanyeol wasn’t sure how he had become this pathetic excuse for an Alpha, hopelessly fawning over an Omega who didn’t seem attracted to him at all. He used to be the leader of a small pack of escaped wolves. He, Luhan, Tao, Xiumin, and Chen were not large in numbers but they worked amazingly together, especially in contrast to their previous pack. He shivered just remembering the atrocities that group of wolves did. It was too nice to call them a pack with their lack of respect for each other and overall barbaric attitudes. Chanyeol gathered his friends together and they barely made it out. They had escaped during one especially chaotic battle that mostly consisted of the giant pack of wolves Chanyeol was escaping massacring a smaller pack that had unfortunately entered into the wrong territory. Chanyeol successfully led his new pack’s escape and took care of them as they travelled from area to area.

            In his head he always knew it was temporary. He wasn’t meant to stay a pack Alpha, but he wasn’t too bad at being a leader. They always had just enough food, even through the tough winter. It was a blessing really that this new pack had found Chanyeol’s. This pack seemed to work so much better as a group, and there was so much more equality here. The only pack they had known showed no respect to Omegas, and some were even treated as “pack property.” Even on their first day in this new pack, two Omegas were being honored, even put above others. Chanyeol really loved it here, but he knew he was biased. This pack had Sehun.

            That’s what made him so hopeless. He was a wreck over Sehun. When Sehun’s pack Alpha had come to make peace with Chanyeol’s pack, Chanyeol was wary at first but agreed to attend the ceremony that would be happening. It was a ceremony he had never heard of before: an adoption ceremony. In the escaped pack that idea would have been laughable. Orphans were executed (and often the parents had been murdered before anyway). This ceremony made this new pack sound much kinder, and Chanyeol and the others were curious about this seemingly peaceful group. He never expected a surprise like Sehun though.

            Waltzing in a little bit late looking shy and painted like an Omega ready for mating, Sehun’s image caused Chanyeol to be enraptured by the view. Sitting on the throne-like chair as though he was a pack Alpha’s mate made Chanyeol’s stomach flip in circles. Sehun seemed to hold so much power, grace, and mystery. There was brief eye contact and Chanyeol saw Sehun’s eyes glow brighter. The Omega’s reaction was unexpected though since Sehun seemed terrified. Chanyeol thought maybe his presence had been overwhelming, and that he had let too many Alpha pheromones into the air. Then, there was eye contact again, longer this time. It made Chanyeol’s heart pound like it wanted to fly out of his chest, and the feeling had rarely gone away even after that moment.

            Chanyeol swayed in his seat as he remembered Sehun’s dancing. He was focused yet carefree and seemed to have so much joy hidden inside him that was forcing itself out. Chanyeol had wanted nothing more than to cuddle him up and kiss him until that joy seeped into his own being as well.  Having gotten caught up in all the emotion and feeling of the time, Chanyeol hadn’t had the realization dawn on him that Sehun was it. Sehun was his mate. The word felt funny still running around his head, he and Sehun were far from mates currently, and Chanyeol couldn’t help but feel like a sad excuse for an Alpha.

            All he could seem to do is mess things up with Sehun. The first words he said to him made the poor Omega pass out. Now Sehun was constantly uncomfortable in his presence (although Chanyeol was noticing some slight improvements), and spoke very shortly with him. He just wanted the best for Sehun and to give his all to him, but Sehun wasn’t ready for that. That fact would deter some people but it seemed to make Chanyeol fall harder. Sehun was surrounded by walls that Chanyeol wanted to break through.

            A shuffle in the room broke Chanyeol away from his thoughts and his attention was brought to the currently sleeping Sehun. He seemed most peaceful while sleeping. His brow was un-furrowed and his mouth set in an almost smile. Despite his awareness of how awkward it would be if he were caught, Chanyeol could not help but look closely at this peaceful resting face. One day, Chanyeol could wake up to that face and know that he could kiss those lips and be greeted with a smile.

            Sehun had his share of hardships, that much Chanyeol could tell. Chanyeol had hardships as well, and he wanted to confide in Sehun, but he knew he must wait. Patience was never a good quality of pack Alpha Chanyeol, and it looked like Sehun was going to be his biggest patience test ever. They would have to share small things, and grow together like seeds becoming a large tree. It could take years. Years of knowing a mate, but not being able to love them fully because neither of you know how to properly love yourselves.

            Chanyeol sighed. He really was hopeless; hopelessly in love. He just hoped Sehun could see that one day.

 


Author's Note: This is just a bonus chapter/drabble. I should have a real update out some time this week (hopefully tomorrow if all goes well) I loved writing from a different perspective! I really wanted to give some of Chanyeol's story since he had been seeming kind of flat in my recent writings ^^ Hope you like this little treat~