Chapter Two

Bound to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Daehyun awoke to the sound of metal scraping on stone, the screeching noise grating on his foggy mind. He sat up slowly, unsure if he should find the culprit and strangle them for interrupting his sleep or simply get up. Deciding on the latter, he stood to his feet slowly. Running a hand through his ruffled hair, the hazel eyed man noticed a younger man sitting on a log, sharpening a knife. The young man blew on the blade gently, placing it carefully into a sheath. Smiling up at Daehyun, he seemed to be almost too friendly.


"Hi! You must be Daehyun! I'm Jongup," the slight young man was speaking fast, and it took strong self-control to not be annoyed by him, but Daehyun managed a tired smile. "Um..." Jongup shook his head, laughing softly, appearing to be a bit rattled. "I think Himchan is almost finished making breakfast, if you're hungry," he grinned at Daehyun, who didn't smile, this time. 


Nodding, Daehyun glanced at his bag of clothing. "Thank you...Jongup. Is there somewhere I can change?" He shook his head. "In private, I mean." 


Jongup chewed on his lower lip thoughtfully, nodding with another smile. "Yeah. There's a patch of trees just past that clearing, and no one will bother you there." He pointed in the direction he was referring to, glancing at Daehyun again. 


Daehyun yawned, tipping his head toward Jongup in a grateful manner. "Thanks," he replied quietly, walking off to the trees. When he was on his way back, he heard a familiar voice speaking. 


"You could have avoided all of this, you know? You didn't even know the situation, and now look what it's caused," Youngjae walked out of the trees, glancing at the older man with distaste. "We wouldn't be bound to each other, if you hadn't attacked me in the first place. It was such an move." Youngjae was dressed in black from head to toe, looking very attractive. However, the knife in his hand was the only indication that he was dangerous. 


Daehyun glared at him, snorting. "Youngjae, you told Hana yourself that you would take care of the problem of her cheating you last year...which she didn't, by the way," he hissed, remembering the heated argument she had been involved in with Youngjae one year prior, in which the young man seemed angry enough to kill her. Daehyun knew that Hana hadn't seen him after that. "I know how strongly you can hold a grudge, and you were pretty ing angry."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter