Chapter Six

Bound to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They got some rest and waited until it had become completely dark to follow the officers.Daehyun was glad that Yongguk allowed him to lead them, tracking their movements. Despite what he had told Youngjae, Junhong hadn't gotten a chance to remove the geas, so both Daehyun and Youngjae would just be careful and not get themselves killed, in the meantime.

 

 

After traveling for the better half of the night, Daehyun saw the officers near a broken down, abandoned house. They were carrying their saddlebags in, undoubtedly getting ready to get some sleep. Glancing around to the back of the house, he noticed that the back door had been left unattended, so it would be the perfect entrance point for a surprise attack. He whispered his plan to Yongguk, so they began moving toward the back door.

 

 

Once there, Daehyun pulled out one of his knives, discretely tucking into into his waistband and covering it back up with his shirt. He took pride in his skills, knowing that no one had seen him. That was part of his plan, and even though he had spoken with the others, they weren't in on this part, since he wasn't sure who he could trust yet.

 

 

Taking a deep breath, he reached up, trying to open the door, noticing that it was locked. He turned to Youngjae, raising his eyebrows at him. "You can unlock it, right? You know, since you're a master thief and all..."

 

 

Youngjae studied the lock, nodding. The young man reached into his satchel, pulling out a hair pin. Stepping close to Daehyun, he began working on the lock, opening it seconds later and looking toward Yongguk. The leader nodded at him in a silent thank you, moving around him to go in first. Daehyun noticed that he looked very eager and determined, causing him to doubt his own suspicions of Yongguk. Glancing at the others, he followed Himchan inside, still feeling on edge.

 

 

The inside of the cabin was dark as they moved down the long hall, leading into the main rooms. Daehyun could hear men speaking, glancing at Yongguk to gauge his reaction. The other man looked nervous, but excited, at the same time. He pushed the door open, surprising the officers.

 

 

"Bang Yongguk! It's been a long time since we've seen you, and I see that you're little thief came through for you in unlocking the door," one of the officers said, shaking his head. "I'm not surprised at your efficiency. It's impressive, as usual."

 

 

Yongguk nodded, looking over at the saddlebags. Daehyun was nervous now, because this seemed to be too easy, with the officers acting as if they were glad that Yongguk had just broken in to their cabin. It seemed as if they had been expecting him to show up, pointing to more evidence that the were working together. "So, where's the gem that you took from me? I need it back, since it's mine. You'll just use it for your own means or let it sit on display or something."

 

 

The man he was speaking to laughed at him, shaking his head. "You thought we would just give it to you. It's not that simple, since you need to trade for it. That was the deal, remember?"

 

 

Yongguk nodded, smiling. "Yes, I'll trade for it, especially since Daehyun was so kind to bring us here." Before Daehyun could respond, he felt hands grab him roughly, tying them behind his back. He didn't struggle, still trying to figure out what Yongguk's plan had been. He now knew for certain that he had been working with the officers, but he wasn't sure why. This would bring an answer, whether he lived to see it or not.

 

 

"No, Yongguk! This is wrong!" Jongup shouted, staring at Daehyun in fear. "Why would you allow that? He did nothing but help you, and you betrayed him...and us. How could you do that?" The young, slender man was on the verge of tears, so Daehyun spoke up in his defense.

 

 

"It's okay, Jongup. I had a feeling that something like this might happen, so don't worry about it. I've got this," he smiled at Jongup, noticing that one of the men was approaching from another room. He was carrying a large, red stone in his hands, placing it on the table in front of Yongguk.

 

 

Yongguk touched it carefully, running his fingers down it. "So, this is the trade. Shall we begin?"

 

 

Just when the officer was about to reply, he felt someone kick him in the side, nearly knocking him over. Looking over, he noticed that it was Jongup, the pretty young man glaring at him. "I take it they weren't in on this plan, then. I guess we'll have to contain them, too, even though Daehyun is the one we need."

 

 

Yongguk stepped back as they took Jongup, Himchan and Junhong, tying them up, as well. "You don't need any of them except for Jung Daehyun. He's the one with the correct blood. I guess since they all went against me, you can get rid of them. I would suggest getting Youngjae, too. He's one of them, even though he has helped me a great deal."

 

 

Youngjae backed away from them, raising his hands in de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter