Chapter Four

Bound to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk began leading them through the woods, and Daehyun could see the officers on the road ahead. Those were the men who had been in charge of taking the gem that Yongguk needed and he would use everything in his power to take care of it and find this gem for the older man, even if he was using him as a tracker for his own means. Yongguk had promised him that he would help him find the killer, also, and as the days had gone by, he had begun to have doubts about Youngjae killing Hana. It just didn't add up, and Daehyun's strong instinct was telling him that someone else had done it. The young man wasn't sure who had killed her, but there was something strange that he couldn't quite put his finger on. If Youngjae had done it, Daehyun would have seen something off about him and he would have acted more suspicious every time he had questioned him. That was the entire reason he was hounding the younger man about it and accusing him. It was all in hope that Youngjae would open up about what had really happened...if he knew. If he didn't, Daehyun would be back at square one. 


Glancing toward the road again, he saw that they were heading further and further into the woods, instead of watching the officers. Confused, Daehyun rode over to Yongguk, smiling at him. "I thought we were following the officers so we could track the gem. That's what you do as a tracker. I'm just a little confused." 


Yongguk glanced at him, adjusting his tunic quietly. He didn't answer for a moment, shaking his head. "I know which town we need to go to, so that we can head them off. If we're too close to them, they catch on to us. As you know, that's what you do as a tracker...right? If you're as good as you say you are, you can find them there." Daehyun frowned, knowing that he was mocking him when he had mentioned the tracking. He would just treat it the same as if he was dealing with a snotty teenager, if Yongguk was going to be a jerk to him. 


"Yeah, that's true. I can find out where they're going next, too, once I can observe them." Daehyun studied the other man's face, noticing that he looked nervous. That could be from the necessity of finding the  gem, or possibly from deceiving him. He decided that he would test it out. "So...when this is over and I've helped you, you'll help me to find the killer, right? That is, if it wasn't Youngjae." 


Yongguk smirked at him, shaking his head again. "Well, I know for a fact that Youngjae didn't do it. I've known him for a long time, and he's not a killer. I wish you would see that. He's a good man, even if he's had his issues. He's a good thief, so he's good to have around. He can help me to get the gem, just like you can." 


Daehyun stared at him for a long moment, nodding to himself. "The way I see it, you surround yourself with people who can help you to get where you need to get in life. I've known your type, and I must admit that you're clever. Using people is a great way to get what you need," he added, smiling to himself. Yongguk didn't realize that Daehyun was directing him just where he needed him. Glancing at Youngjae, he noticed that the pale young man was staring at him with a skeptical expression. Daehyun deflected it by glaring at him, causing Youngjae to turn away from him. Sighing, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter