Chapter One

Bound to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daehyun smiled at Hana as she watched him place his sword into its sheath after sharpening it. He shook his head at her unsure expression, walking over to the young woman, who was currently pouting at him. He suppressed his urge to laugh at her, noticing how adorable she looked when she was upset. That would make his departure more difficult, since he would miss her. 


"How long will you be gone?" Hana asked, still frowning. 


His amused expression disappeared when he saw how worried she looked. "I'll only be gone a few days, and I'll be careful...as usual. Don't worry." 


She finally nodded, picking up the dagger beside their bed. "This dagger is nice and sharp and I know how to use it. If someone's going to attack me, they had better be quick. I wouldn't be easy to take down, you know?" 


He chuckled. "That's true...normally. Why do I find you so easy to take down, then?" 


She ignored him, kissing him lightly. "Just me careful, okay?" 

 
"I always am, aren't I?" The young man kissed her back, reluctant to pull away. "You, too. I love you, Hana." 


"I love you, too," she replied as he tightened his belt, grabbing his bag from the floor and smiling as he walked out the door. He would be back soon, so there wasn't any reason to worry. 

 

 

As a hired , Daehyun could be called upon to people from all walks of life, so he wasn't surprised that his charges of the week were snobby, immature teenage nobles. The young man wanted to slit his own throat as the four young nobles rode their horses in reckless manners, showing little concern for their own safety. One of the young men began tipping to the side, glancing at Daehyun with a snicker as he leaned off of his own horse and lay his head on one of his friends' horse's backs. 


When the young man glanced at Daehyun with a challenging gleam in his eye, the wanted to ignore him and let him fall off and maybe kill himself. He could let the young fool's parents know that it had been a terrible accident, and he couldn't do anything about it. The biggest problem he saw with that was the fact that the teenager's parents would never hire him again, since he had killed their son. Of course, it would all be untrue, but he would still hold the accusation on his head and resume for the rest of his life. 


Shaking his head, he pulled his horse around to face the foolish young men. He didn't have time for this, and couldn't afford to lose this job on account of the teenagers being stupid. He stared at them, doing his best to hide his smoldering anger at their behavior. "Look, we're almost to your home, so I would suggest being mature and riding like the nobles that you were born to be, instead of the fools you're acting like right now. Get the hell on your own horses and stop riding like idiots. I won't be the one responsible for your deaths when your ing confused horses throw you off for being stupid or you just fall on your smug faces and break your necks. My job is to get you to your home safely and if your parents see you acting like idiots, they won't pay me for this. I don't have the luxurious life that you all have, so this is my livelihood...as well as yours, as long as you're here with me. Now, as I said before, get the on your own horses and ride like adults." 


The son of the man who had hired him in the first place grinned at Daehyun, rolling off of his horse on purpose. Daehyun took this moment to drop a noisy can from one of his saddlebags, the rattling sound startling all three of the young nobles' flighty horses and causing the young men to scramble to stay in their saddles. This wasn't such an easy feat when one was hanging halfway off of his mount's back. The idiot who had rolled off of his own horse scrambled to get out of the way of his horse's hooves.


Daehyun smirked at them, turning around as they fumbled around getting situated. He wouldn't need to deal with them for very much longer, but at least they now knew that he wasn't playing around and putting up with their stupid games.

 

For the rest of the ride, the young nobles rode quietly, afraid of whatever Daehyun might do next. He found the silence refreshing, and by the time they reached the manor, his nerves had settled down to being cheerful again. Smiling at the man who had hired him, he accepted their thank you and coins, glancing at the young fools as he left.That had been a good day's work, and now he was more than ready to find an inn and drink a strong glass of ale. He needed it, after dealing with terrible teenagers.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter