Moving In

Never Get Enough Of You

:OOOOOO I only just realised that i last updated this at the end of October :ooooooooo thats a loooong time, admittedly i did add the 100 upvotes special to The Millionaire Matchmaker (go read it if you havent already!) but still.... .WHAT HAPPENED. 

also this is disappointing lol its literally a draBBLE and i wrote it over 2 nights and forgot where id finished the previous scene so it probs seems a little repetitive because i couldnt remmeber what i'd written etc! sorry bout that >.< 

THE REASON THIS IS SO POO IS BASICALLY BECAUSE I HAVE A TON OF STUFF I WANT TO GET FINISHED BEFORE I DISAPPEAR FOR CHRISTMAS AND THIS WAS ONE OF THEM. so yeah. 

EWWW THIS IS FLUFFY BUT ATLEAST IM NOT WRITING I THINK IVE WRITTEN ENOUGH FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS THNKU V MUCH ;-; 

without further or do, lets read this poo /jazz hands/ yehhhhh

(unedited but you peeps know that now just pretend i can english like a sane human 100% of the time yeh)

 

 

Kyungsoo looks out over the view of Seoul from his bedroom window with a sigh. It’s so pretty.

He looks around his flat, at all the bits and bobs he’s got stored for whenever they may come in handy, all the photos crinkled with age still blu-tacked to the wall. He thinks of all the nights spent alone here, in his safe haven, but also all of the memories and parties and happy moments made with friends.

It’s been Kyungsoo’s flat for a long time, his first major purchase after Ohranghae really started to become successful. It’s something very precious.

He sighs again.

“I’m not going to force you out, if that’s what’s bugging you.” A voice from behind Kyungsoo echoes.

Kyungsoo turns, wrapping his arms around Jongin’s middle and inhaling the scent of his leather jacket with a grin. “I’ll just miss this place, that’s all.” Kyungsoo mumbles softly.

Today is Kyungsoo’s last day in his flat because he’s moving in with Jongin. He’ll be saying goodbye to his just-a-little upmarket flat and moving into the so-upmarket-it-physically-hurts penthouse that covers two floors in the richest part of Gangnam. Kyungsoo hasn’t even started packing yet, but he feels slightly bereft.

Jongin nudges the top of his head with his lips. “I’m serious, you know. You don’t have to leave if you really don’t want to.”

A small army of Kyungsoo’s friends (and his brother) have turned out to assist in packing up boxes and driving them across town, but they’ve all left Kyungsoo alone for a minute so he can have a little breathing room. He can hear them now, laughing, singing and chatting, and he’s sure Jongdae and Sehun are going to break the windows with those ear-piercing high notes.

That makes Kyungsoo smile. Sehun is his friend as well, but Sehun is Jongin’s best friend. Hyoyeon is here too and Kyungsoo is sure he saw Yuri Kwon the receptionist earlier.

The mixtures of people who Kyungsoo calls his friends are actually a mixture of his and Jongin’s friends.

As much as Kyungsoo will feel homesick for a few days without the familiarity of his flat, he’s leaving for the beginning of something special. “No, no, I want to come and live with you.” He tells Jongin, pulling back to look him in the eye. I’ll just feel slightly nostalgic about leaving my own house behind.”

Kyungsoo turns and gazes at the view again, leaning into Jongin’s warmth.

Jongin gets the idea and wraps his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist, interlocking their fingers on his front. “Soo,” Jongin whispers quietly and Kyungsoo hums. “You-You know you’re not moving into my house don’t you? It’s—it’s our house. It’s as much yours as it is mine now, so don’t feel like you’re losing something that belongs to you. You’re just changing it—and sharing it a little.” He adds with a wink.

Kyungsoo chuckles over the lump in his throat. It’s always like this—he gets ridiculously emotional other something seriously stupid and then Jongin sweeps in like the gorgeous Prince Charming that he is and saves the day with mushy words that would normally make Kyungsoo groan.

The door slams open and Sehun sings, “Oh, my bad, they’re just cuddling.”

Jongin looks over his shoulder and frowns. “Dude, we’re trying to have a moment here and you just ruined it.”

Sehun shrugs and Kyungsoo finally turns to glare at him too. “We weren’t sure if you’d been, you know, distracted.”

“And if we had been distracted,” Kyungsoo says, putting as much emphasis on the word as he can, “what exactly would you achieve by barging your way in, other than scarring yourself and my brother for life?”

Sehun looks mildly sheepish and Jongin stifles a laugh with his fist. Grumpy Kyungsoo is so adorable yet so sassy it makes him want to screech.

Kyungsoo sighs and finally pulls away from Jongin; ignoring the little humph he gives in protest. “Come on, we’d better get packing. I have years worth of unsorted junk in this place.”

***

“I swear to God If Chanyeol sings ‘High-Ho’ one more time I won’t be held accountable for my actions...” Hyoyeon mutters darkly, angrily tearing strips of parcel tape off to seal a box of Kyungsoo’s books.

Chanyeol has been singing said Disney tune since way after lunch and it’s beginning to get a little more than irritating. The only person who seems to not mind (and even joins in a few times to harmonise perfectly) is Baekhyun, and that means he too gets the stink-eye for encouraging his larger than life boyfriend to wind up the masses.

Despite the occasional irritating moments, everyone pulls together as a team and boxes are being packaged up and transported to removal vans in a steady stream.

It’s rather difficult for Kyungsoo to manage; he has to tell everyone what he wants taking with him and what’s ok to throw away, and it’s certainly an odd sensation seeing his life packaged up into boxes.

Jongin is in charge of the kitchen, and the younger boy is sure to smile encouragingly at Kyungsoo when he catches the elder looking wistfully out of the window at the raindrops now painting Seoul.

The flat is nearly empty when Jongin comes swaggering over, with only a few drabbles of people coming to collect small pieces of furniture, so Kyungsoo doesn’t complain when Jongin wraps him in his arms once again.

“Nearly done, Soo.” Jongin murmurs, puffing air out against Kyungsoo’s neck.

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo replies, sighing as he leans back into Jongin and letting the younger take his weight. He can smell the freshness of Jongin’s leather jacket mixed with his cologne and the anxiousness in Kyungsoo’s chest seems to be dwindling away by the second.

Kyungsoo lets his eyes trail over the bare walls. He can see the weird marks on the wall where his photographs used to hang, and the small burnt patch of carpet in the corner of the living room, previously hidden by a plant pot, where Chanyeol dropped a match once.

He feels ridiculously emotional, because this is a goodbye. It’s a goodbye to a freaking inanimate object, an apartment for goodness sake, but Kyungsoo still needs a second to collect himself with Jongin’s arms to hold him up.

“You probably think I’m weird, getting all emotional over a flat.” Kyungsoo sniffles, the lump in his throat making it increasingly hard to talk.

“It’s not weird at all. You’re saying goodbye to part of your life, or should I say something that represents a stage in your life. This was the first flat you bought after you properly made it Soo.” Jongin whispers, nuzzling his nose into Kyungsoo’s hair.

They stand in silence for a little while more while Kyungsoo does that dangerous thing called thinking, until Chanyeol bellows through the door at them that they need to get going because he refuses to carry boxes into Jongin’s apartment in the rain.

Jonign smiles and holds his hand out to Kyungsoo, who takes it gratefully. “You ready?”

“Very.” Kyungsoo grins back, and he and Jongin head for the door.

Kyungsoo takes one look back into the darkened rooms of his apartment before he’s emerging into the lights of the corridor and Jongin’s smiling face.

Out with the old, in with the new has never seemed a more appealing prospect.

***

“I love you, you know that?” Jongin hums as he and Kyungsoo lie in bed.

They still have a tonne of boxes of Kyungsoo’s things to unpack before he can count as officially moved in, but both are too tired to care right now.

Kyungsoo looks up from his position on Jongin’s chest with a smile. “I love you too, you idiot.” He says, and boops Jongin on the nose.

Jongin smirks indulgently and cuddles Kyungsoo closer to him. “Good good.” He murmurs into Kyungsoo’s neck.

“Do you think the paps will publish those pictures?” Kyungsoo asks suddenly.

Earlier, while everyone was helping to move Kyungsoo’s belongings, paparazzi had been spotted outside Jongin’s apartment.

Everyone is anticipating a big news splash tomorrow as it will surely be a shocker that Kyungsoo and Jongin are moving in together.

“They probably will.” Jongin hums. “I wouldn’t worry though. They won’t care about it for long, a dating scandal will turn up sooner or later and we’ll be old news.” Jongin sighs with a kiss to the top of Kyungsoo’s forehead.

“Does it ever bother you? Knowing you can’t go out in public without someone taking your picture?” Kyungsoo mumbles into the dark.

“Nah. You get used to it.” Jongin yawns, shuffling down a little to get comfy. “Plus, this is private enough for me. I can do what I like when it’s just us two, up here together. Whole world’s at our feet, Soo.” Jongin yawns again and pulls Kyungsoo under his chin, tugging the covers up around them. “Now sleep. We have a busy day of unpacking tomorrow.”

Kyungsoo presses a kiss to Jongin’s collarbone, and that’s the last thing either of them remember before drifting off to sleep.