Preparations

Access to my fantasies

I am thinking about how the time is passing. Sometimes you think that a lot of hours passed and it was just a few minutes, and other times you think it was just a few minutes and you get surprised because a lot of hours passed and you didn’t notice. When you are nervous and you just want time to ‘run’ it tricks you and it’s almost like it stopped. But when you feel good, you don’t notice and it’s already time for you to stop what you like so much.

When I sent my application to the SM I was nervous most of the time. I could spend hours with thinking about it, sometimes I thought, I can do it, and other times I felt I already lost. But despite the nervousness the time flew and I barely noticed when the time for the skype interviews came (it was 42 days after I sent my application).

I got an e-mail which said a time when they can speak with me through the internet. It was a test. A test of my English knowledge and a test of my personality and other abilities. They had to see me, hear me to be able to make the decision. I knew the reasons behind it, but I also wished it wouldn’t be a condition. Because I was scared.

When the night of the interview came – it was in the middle of the night because of the time difference – I walked inside my room like a tiger in its cage and tried to calm myself down. I told myself a lot that it won’t matter if I fail. But the truth is that I wanted to get in, I didn’t want to miss this chance and that made me even more nervous.

The interview went well if you ask me, but that time they didn’t say anything to me and I couldn’t really figure out what they thought about it. This was the longest 30 minutes in my entire life – which is not long, I know – and I just felt relieved when it finally ended.

It was almost two months when they had to choose the three lucky fans who could work for them. I became busy with my school life back then, it was almost the end of the semester and I was preparing for my exams. That time, I didn’t have time to think about the competition, so I almost completely forgot the date of the announcement. But one day I got a call from Lili.

“Hallo!” I said into the phone only half-listening to the caller.

“You got in!” Lili shouted excitedly, but I got confused, I didn’t know what she was talking about.

“Where?” I asked and she snorted.

“What do you mean where? The competition, you won! You can work for them” she said on a high voice.

“For who? Please speak clearly, I am learning for my exams” I said starting to get annoyed.

“For the E-X-O! Don’t you remember?” she said slowly.

“WHAT?!” I screamed and dropped everything what I had in my hands, almost the phone too.

“Where did you see it?” I asked.

“I linked it to you on facebook, check it out! Now!” she told me and I did how she said. I saw the article, and screamed again, because what she said was true and I couldn’t believe it.

“Are you alright?” my roommate came out from the bathroom in a towel, I think she got scared because of the screaming.

“I’m fine, don’t worry, I just… I got it, I got the job! I will spend a whole year in Korea” I shouted happily.

“Who are you talking to?” I heard Lili’s voice from the phone.

“Ah! To my roommate. She got scared from the screaming” I said to Lili. “Sorry for bothering you” I said to my roommate while trying to cover the phone’s microphone.

“Are you still listening?” Lili asked, and I replied with a yes, but I read the article again just because I couldn’t really believe it yet. I also checked my e-mails and I found a letter from SM where they wrote down that I was picked and congratulated to me. They also wrote down how this whole thing will work.

“Come on, pay attention!” Lili said.

“Sorry, I was just reading the e-mail what the SM sent me about it” I told her.

“What do they say?” she asked.

“They say, I have to travel there on the first day of June. I will have a month to get a little familiar with their language. Sooo practically I will have to study Korean for a month before I can start working. They will give me… us – you know with the two other girls – an apartment and they will pay the traveling too” I said while reading the e-mail and translating it so she could understand it.

“That’s not bad” she said and I nodded not realizing she doesn’t see it.

“After that… I will work for them for a year… oh. So I will spend 13 months in Korea with the learning month” I said.

“Wait! You will go in June? Wow, you won’t have too much time for your exams. Just two weeks that’s all” she said.

“Yeah, but… If I fail, I will do my exams when I come back. It will be harder, but I think it worth it for me” I said with a big smile on my face. “I think, I will end the call now, I want to tell it to a few persons” I said, and we quickly said our good byes to each other.

I immediately called my parents to tell them the news. My mother freaked out because she won’t be able to see me for a whole year and she doesn’t know how she will bear it. And because she knew I often got lost when I went to unfamiliar places, and she worried how I will do there, where I don’t have friends and family to help me. She was already considering the bad things which could happen to me and getting lost was just from the better ones.

My father got sad too, because he will miss me, but he tried to calm my mother down with saying I’m an adult, and I have to learn to take care of myself on my own anyway, so she shouldn’t worry. But of course it didn’t work, she made me promise to speak with her on every day through the internet.

We talked about what preparations have to be made before I go there, but I told them, that there are other people who I want to tell it, so we hung up.

I called my grandparents, and my aunt too, but they were quick conversations, because I started to get tired and it was getting too late and I still had someone who I wanted to call and it was Ben.

When I told Ben that I got accepted, he was silent for a while and then he congratulated me and told me I am amazing, but I still heard the sadness in his voice. He said that he is proud of me, and I did well, but now he is tired, so why don’t we continue this conversation tomorrow, and soon we ended the call, and I went to take a shower and sleep.

However I didn’t sleep too much that night because I was too excited, nervous, and a little bit scared. My mother was right, I often got lost, and I never really went to unknown places alone, so I was wondering how I will do there. It was another country with a not so familiar language, and a really big city. I was just afraid that I will do something wrong and something bad will happen.

On the next few days, I told all of my friends what happened on facebook, because it was the time for the exams and we didn’t meet every day, we all learnt for our exams. Everyone got surprised at first, but then they told me that it’s awesome and wished me good luck.

I thought, that I will fail on my first exam because I was too excited with the good news, but fortunately I learned enough to get a three, and after that I passed every exams of mine. I was happy.

With the new semester I got very busy with my homeworks and tests, and I had to concentrate on them because I won’t have too much time to pass all of my exams at the end of the semester.

I got another e-mail from the SM where they told me about the details of my one year contract with them and with the traveling. They wrote that they will book my plane ticket for me, send all of the informations about it, and I will have to ask my ticket at the airplane.

I was really glad they told these things to me, because I only traveled once with airplane and I was 12 back then so I was really nervous about the whole traveling thing.

They wrote down too that they will wait for me at the airport with a board with my name on it so all I have to do is just seek for my name. They said that after we arrive, they will take us to the small apartment where we will live and on the next Monday we have to go to the SM building to talk with the director of the company. I was a little nervous about it too. Yeah, I know, I’m a nervous person.

The time flew away again, and the semester neared the end of it and I barely realized it. I was busy all the time, I had a lot of works to do for the school, a lot of tests to do and the SM sent another mail that wat else I have to do before I go to their country. I was tired all the time, and I couldn’t write because I had so much things to do. I only could play with the Chanyeol story I wanted to write in my head, I didn’t have the energy to write it down, but I promised myself that I will write it when I will have more time for that.

On the evening before the travel, I couldn’t really sleep. My mother was a nervous wreck, because she had to let me leave and she was so worried about me she couldn’t stop telling me her warnings. She checked three times what we packed together just to make sure we didn’t forget anything. We went early to sleep because we had to wake up early in the morning. The plane was leaving from the capital city of my country and it was almost three hours away from the town where I lived.

On the day of the travel I had butterflies in my stomach, and I woke up a little too early so I tried to calm myself down with reading some fanfics. I got ready real fast, and me and my parents were on our way just when we planned it. The roads were quite empty and we arrived a little faster than we expected.

At the airport we said our good byes – it took a lot of time by the way – and finally I was on the plane which began the road 8 am. The flight was long, but the stewardess said that we can use our laptop, so I finally started the story I planned in my head for almost a year but never started it.


It was a pitch black night, the moon was covered by the clouds, and you lifted your head to sniff into the air. Something isn't right, you thought as you carefully looked around. You saw no one but just in case you left open every senses of yours. You didn't like the heavy atmosphere, and you had a feeling that something bad will happen soon. The street was silent, you didn't hear any sound even if you had really good ears. I'm almost there, you thought as you started to walk faster…

…"Look, guys, I really have to go now, so let's end this for today!" you said. "But..." Chanyeol started, but you cut him off. "We'll meet again, guys, but for now..." you said gently and ran away while creating a fog, so they didn't see anything for a few seconds. (2)


 

I looked up, when a voice said that we will arrive in ten minutes and I got surprised. I couldn’t really tell how many hours I spent with writing my story down. I started to pack my laptop and stuff away, and soon we arrived at the Incheon airport and we got off from the plane. I spent a few minutes with searching for my luggage and when I found it I finally could go to the meeting point. I felt my heart throbbing in my throat as a walked on my way towards my interesting new life.

 

(2) Your wolf

 




 

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I didn't update sooner, I got busy with my life, but I'mback with the next chapter which I know, it's not too good, it's just a connection chapter so I can't wait to finally write the next one where the things start to get interesting. I'm sorry, but I felt, it's necessary to write this chapter too, but I promise, the next one will have much more happenings. 

I want to appologise for any mistakes in it, please keep it in mind that I don't really travel with airplanes so I know almost nothing about their rules and the way how you have to book a ticket or staff like that. If I wrote something wrong, please let me know. And I'm sorry if this seems a little rushed too, I just really wanted to write the interesting parts.

I hope you liked it anyways and I really would be happy if you write down your thoughts about the story so far.

Have a wonderful day, bye!