Of Burnt Apartments And Loud Voices

Failed Date Night (?)

"Jiyong..."
Seungri began, lump apparent in his voice. 
"I...I don't know if I can, Ji." And his tears slid down his cheeks freely, face contorting in pain as he forced himself to look away from the man in front of him. The feelings overwhelming him as he sobbed into his hands, frame shaking from the wails wracking his body. 
Jiyong immediately stood up with the ring slipping back into his pocket, arms protectively wrapping around his boyfriend's waist to hold him close in a comforting manner. 
His lips meeting the boy's temple in a gentle kiss, speaking in a hushed voice as he rocked them both slowly. 
"Baby, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, is it too much? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to overwhelm you. You don't have to answer right now, I won't make you--just please don't cry anymore. I'm sorry." 
Unshed tears could be heard in his shaking voice, keeping his grip firm around the younger man. 

Seungri's sobbing came to close as silence overtook them, he helplessly wrapped his arms around Jiyong's shoulders, hiding his face in the crook of his neck. 
Eventually, Jiyong had pulled back from Seungri just enough to get a look at his face. His cheeks flushed and his eyes red and wet from the tears, he leaned in to press his lips against his own in a tender and soft kiss. 

They shared a moment briefly until Seungri unexpectedly broke the kiss with a whimper, blinking back fresh tears. Mumbling out in a weak voice just above a whisper. "I-I don't know, I'm sorry. I don't know." He took a small step back to wrap his own arms around himself, closing himself off to Jiyong. 
"It's okay, we don't have to do anything. Just...please, consider the question. Do you want me to leave?" 
"No!" Seungri rushed out, stopping himself. "No...please stay. I can't answer right now, but you can't go. Can we sleep? I'm tired." 

They laid in bed in silence, curled up against one another as they shared warmth. Seungri's cheek resting against Jiyong's heaving chest, up and down, Seungri counted his heartbeats. It reminds him of when they met, how they fell in love, and how it all went wrong.
His breathing slows and Seungri knows he's now asleep, so he's completely alone in his thoughts. It's almost as if he's drowning in them. 

Seungri thinks, and thinks until his mind is drifting off to dreamland and his eyes slip shut. He wakes in the morning alone and cold in this king sized bed, the white sheets ruffled and empty. A sinking feeling places itself in the pit of his stomach and he simply falls back asleep, work not even a thought in his mind.

He wakes up late in the afternoon to the smell of omelettes and the sound of Jiyong humming emitting from the kitchen. It wasn't unusual to wake up to this when they had their days off, even when they fought severely, Jiyong would find the time to drop it and make Seungri something to eat. Seungri found the strength to get out of the bed and make his way down to the kitchen where he saw his boyfriend, chopping up some vegetables. "Hi, baby." He spoke absentmindedly with his back turned to him, busy with his cooking. 
"Hi...hey, what happened last night?" 
"Well, I proposed and you cried. It was this whole big mess." 
"Right." Back to his old self I see, he thought. 
"Ri, about last night, I get that you don't want to answer and I respect that. Just know that, I won't wait for an answer forever." 
Seungri couldn't blame him for saying that, he knew he was causing stress to his lover but he couldn't give him any peace yet. 
"Jiyong, if I were to say yes--that's a big if, would we change? I mean, the way we fight a lot, would we?" 
"For you, I'd do it. I'd try my best, Ri." 
Seungri fell silent. 

3 missed calls from Youngbae, Seungri read on his phone. ", what happened?" He asked worriedly to himself as he immediately called his friend back, pressing the phone to his ear.
"What happened, babe?" Jiyong asked, he sat beside him on the couch. Seungri couldn't be bothered to answer as he waited for Youngbae to pick up. 
A feeling of relief washing over him as Youngbae could be heard on the other line. "Seungri, where were you? I've been trying to call for awhile...you wouldn't believe what happened! My apartment, it's burned down! Some idiot left a candle on and half of the thing went up in flames at 5 AM. Seungri, my apartment is burned." Youngbae choked out the last sentence, Seungri's own heart beating loudly in his chest. 
"Youngbae. I...Ji, turn on the news." 
Jiyong took a moment to obey, but when he did, a shot of the burnt up apartment appeared on the screen. Seungri immediately recognized the place with an audible groan escaping him. ", are you okay? Was anybody hurt?" 
"No, thankfully. Ri, all my is burnt. They barely managed to save anything in my place, I don't even have clothes anymore." 
"Youngbae, I'm so sorry." 
Jiyong sat anxiously beside him, shifting in his seat as he tried to listen in on the conversation on the phone. 
"I called my family, but the only people in Seoul are my cousin and his girlfriend and they're on vacation at the moment. There's no one home. Ri, can I stay with you just until they get back? I swear, I'll pay rent even if it's just a few days.
Please!" Desperation was thick in his plea, Seungri knew Jiyong heard that so he turned to see a stone-faced man. 
"Go ahead, bring him here."
"A-ah, yeah. Come here then." 
Seungri almost felt scared with how intense his boyfriend's gaze was and refused to look at him as Youngbae spoke up. 
"Really? Look, Ri, you don't have to. I'll stay in a hotel, I don't want to disturb you and Jiyong." 
"Trust me, nothing more you could do to disturb us anymore than we already are." A forced laugh pushing past tense lips. 
"I'll be on my way there, okay?" 
"Okay, bye." 

"Seungri, where is he going to sleep?" 
"Here--oh, on the couch? Can't he?" 
Jiyong just silently nodded along with a heavy feeling in his heart, not wanting to appear angry in front of Seungri. He said he'd try to change and damnit he would, he'd prove it. 

Youngbae sat in awkward silence, Jiyong placed beside him as Seungri was in the restroom. 
"Jiyong, I'm sorry about coming here. I don't want to cause trouble for you and Seungri." 
"It's fine, don't worry about it. Really." Youngbae wasn't dumb, he could tell the other man was holding it together for the sake of Seungri. He didn't want to push it so he decided to shut up. 

"Seungri, do you...have you thought about it?" He spoke up as they laid beside each other in their bed, eyes trained on the ceiling. "I have, just not enough." 
"Okay." Jiyong spoke in a small voice, the pain of rejection eating away at him. He could feel Seungri was leaning towards saying no, he could feel it in his chest by the way it tightened every time he spoke up. Anything Seungri said could lead to his refusal to marriage, and he wasn't sure if he was ready for that. 

Jiyong wasn't ever good at handling his emotions, so he decided to let his stress out in another way than words. Seungri questioned his morals yet again, but decided against the right thing to do. Just for tonight.

Seungri could be heard and screaming from the other side of the wall, Youngbae's hands being placed over his ears. The sound of the bed rattling too loud to simply ignore, he buried his head deep under the pillow. "Goddamn, he agrees too loudly." He mumbled to nobody but himself. 

"J-Ji, we shouldn't have done that. We have a guest, and our relationship..." 
"Don't worry about those things, baby. I'm just trying to help you get the stress of your shoulders, I know I put a big burden on you. Isn't it only right if I help relieve it?" Jiyong cooed in his ear as he repeatedly bit and at the skin of his neck, Seungri just barely holding back any sounds of enjoyment.
"Oh God, he must've heard." 
"Don't worry about it, baby. Round two?"

And so Youngbae stayed up most of the night till the bed stopped creaking and Seungri stopped agreeing so much, only then he could finally sleep. Yep, this is the worst day ever, he thought to himself. 

(A/n: if any of u guys think Ji burnt the place down please don't bc this story may have its moment of drama but not to that extent. Also wow look I updated I hope u guys enjoy. Tbh I have no idea where this story is going I'm just going with the flow. Comments r always appreciated and I really wanna see what u guys have to say! :)