Unexpected Ending

Failed Date Night (?)

"Sir, are you ready to order yet?"
"No, sorry. Could you give me a bit more time? My date is running late, sorry." 
Seungri turns his face downwards toward the porcelain plate laying in front of him, hopefully hiding his burning cheeks from the waitress. He waits until she's gone to finally sink back into his seat with his lips curved into a small frown. He's so embarrassed, and so so mad at Jiyong. He's late, again. It's date night and he's late--maybe he's not even coming. Seungri has entertained the thought from the moment he stepped into the small, cute restaurant. 

He wants to cry out of frustration and sadness, why does he have to be attached to such a huge douchebag? 

He refuses to lift his head from his phone, messing around it in an attempt to distract himself from the dull ache in his chest. It's better this way, it's better than looking up to catch people's apologetic glances. He doesn't want pity, he wants Ji sitting in front of him as he apologizes a million times, wants Ji to make it up to him tonight with a million of kisses, wants Ji to walk in through the door. He doesn't want anyone to look at him and how pathetic he must look. 

Seungri gives up as his eyes prick with tears, his nose burning as they threaten to spill over. His head is hung low in defeat as he slowly shifts back his seat to stand up. Suddenly, he hears the seat across the table screech across the floor and his head immediately shoots up, expecting to see his boyfriend--but it's not him. 

It's a face he's never seen before and the man simply plops down across from him with a happy grin, speaking loud enough. "Sorry, babe. Work and traffic were a pain. Did I make you wait too long?" Seungri's confused, so very confused for a split second before the stranger leans in slightly with a whisper loud enough for only him to hear. "Play along, I'm trying to help you. I'm Youngbae." 

So Seungri plays along, not really sure why. "O-oh, hi. Yeah, don't worry about it." Seungri leans back into his seat as he scoots it back into the previous position. 

"Baby, I'm sorry. Don't be too hurt, I'll make it up to you tonight." 
This man is nuts, Seungri thinks, but he can't help but notice his good looks. And maybe Seungri's cheeks are burning up a shade of pink before he has time to hide it. And Youngbae's smile widens and his eyes turn into crescents. 

Their conversation starts off so slow, Seungri is too shy but Youngbae is all too persistent to make the younger boy break. And so he does. 

Seungri is soon laughing that stupid laugh of his, all while avoiding Youngbae's eyes. Seungri is scared of liking him more than he should, he is a loyal boyfriend. Despite his boyfriend being anything but loyal to his words. He won't let his eye wander, he won't let himself like Youngbae. 

Youngbae is so stubborn though, so Seungri finds himself smiling so wide his face just might tear. By the time the restaurant closes, they're just making it out the door. 

Youngbae is shy, but speaks up with a small voice. "So..." He trails off as his eyes make it's way to the ground, a sheepish grin set on his lips. Seungri waits, anticipating and expecting. "Can we do this again?" His gaze meets Seungri and he can feel his heart thrumming deep in his chest, hoping for a good response. 

Seungri looks into his eyes for a brief and silent moment, managing out with a blush peaking at the ends of his ears. "Sure." It's stupid, he knows, but Youngbae saved him at a time like this. Seungri tries to reason with his morals, telling himself he can simply tell Youngbae he's taken the next time they meet. 

Youngbae let's out a relieved chuckle as the breath he's been holding in escapes past his lips, his shoulders dropping along. Giving the nod of his head, speaking softly. 

"Great. Can I ask you what your name is?" 
", you don't know my name? I completely forgot you didn't know, damn. I feel like we've talked about everything, but...that. It's Seunghyun, but my nickname is Seungri. Cute, right?" Seungri's grin is cheeky and bright and that's all it takes for Youngbae to be hooked to Seungri. Seungri is cute, Youngbae decides. 

Seungri should end this, Seungri should but he doesn't. And when they part with each other's numbers, Seungri feels guilty, but buries it with thoughts of an unexpected date night and a handsome man named Youngbae. When Seungri returns home, he lays down on his bed and smiles until he drifts off to sleep, Youngbae clouding his dreams. 

 

(Am sorry for my writing also I probably will just make this two chapters or so. Hope u enjoyed the first chap. Thank u for reading)