Chapter 4: Question

Zutter or Flutter

Chapter 4

The group paid many visits to the streets but the people there started to ignore them. No one spoke to them the few times they went. Sometimes Senguri and Chanyeol would tag along as well.

Eventually they decided to split up so that they seem like less of a threat, although they had the risk of getting attacked. They all went separate ways, except Chanyeol who accompanied Bom.

 

 

“You guys are so persistent.” Senguri heard after walking for quite a while.

He turned to see the source of the sound and blinked when he saw a young man with orange-red hair and a feminine face.

“Who are you?” Senguri asked carefully.

The man chuckled.

Senguri didn’t say anything and observed the man carefully. Despite his cheerful, extroverted and seemingly oblivious personality, he was actually quite observant. The man was sitting on a brick wall which was around shoulder height. He sat with one leg over the other and looked at Senguri with an amused smile. Senguri tried to decipher what the person sitting in front of him was thinking; not knowing the person he was trying to decipher was also trying to figure out what type of he was.

Senguri sighed because the conversation was going nowhere. Actually there was no conversation to begin with. He was sure that the person in front of him was one of the Zutters from what he gathered from the others. He was one of the ones that made that Hanbin boy abandon his parents. To say the least, Senguri was not comfortable around this person.

The man elegantly jumped off the brick wall and landed in front of Senguri.

“I’m curious though. Why are you so interested in the Zutters?”

Senguri didn’t know what to reply.

The man, seeing that Senguri couldn’t respond, continued speaking, “Well, I guess it’s fair because I didn’t answer your question either. However, don’t you think it’s impolite to ask a person’s name before giving your own?”

Senguri opened his mouth in an attempt to speak, but was interrupted.

“I already know your name though.” The mysterious boy tapped his index finger against his lip as if he were thinking. He gave an accepting smile. “Jiyong”

Senguri blinked a few times before realization dawned on him. So the man was called Jiyong.

Jiyong chuckled again. He was waiting for Senguri to answer the question.

Senguri really wanted to answer the question but he knew that none of the answers would be correct. To be honest, he didn’t know why he was so curious.

Jiyong chuckled again and walked past Senguri. “Once you find the answer, come find me.”

And then he disappeared.

 

 

 

Chanyeol and Park Bom walked around the dirty alleyways.

“You shouldn’t be here,” a deep voice was heard.

Chanyeol spun around and noticed that the exit of the alleyway was blocked by a tall boy. Both of the noted that he was one of the people that they saw on the first day. Bom studied his face and saw that he was quite handsome, even with the stoic face.

“You can’t tell us where to be and where not to be,” Chanyeol replied challengingly.

The handsome man just looked at him without saying anything.

“Who are you? You’re one of the Zutters aren’t you?” Chanyeol tried.

The man still didn’t reply.

Park Bom continued to observe the man. She could have sworn she had seen his face somewhere before.

“I heard from Jongin about what you did to Hanbin’s parents,” Chanyeol did not bother explaining who Jongin was or about the visit since he was sure that the man already knew. “Don’t you feel like a worthless person for ripping a family apart?” Chanyeol wasn’t really expecting an answer so he was surprised when he received one.

“No”

He was more surprised at the fact that he got an answer rather than the heartless response as he had already labelled all of them as heartless creatures without a conscience.

Bom was also quite surprised at the response.

The man had already walked away before both of them could register what happened.

 

 

 

Suho walked down the alleyway until he heard a voice a speak up.

“Why do you guys keep coming back?”

Suho looked at the person who was wearing a cap. He tensed up when he saw it was one of the people who beat them up the last time.

“Why are you here?” the boy asked again, “Our leader wants to know what is your purpose here.”

“We’re doing a school project,” Suho finally responded.

“In which I’m sure after getting attacked and severely injured, your teacher tried to stop your group.”

Suho thought about it for a while.

With that the boy turned and walked away.

 Suho continued to stand there and realised, there wasn’t reason anymore. It was no longer just for a school project.

 

 

 

“Wow you’re back. You guys are really persistent aren’t you?”

“Key,” Jonghyun said in a cold voice.

Key chuckled. “I’m honoured you remember my name, Kim Jonghyun.”

“It’s not even your real name,” Jonghyun said.

“That’s true,” Key agreed amusingly.

“I’ve been wondering about this for some time now, are you one of the Zutters?” Jonghyun asked as calmly as possible.

“What makes you say that?” Key asks with a fake innocent voice.

“You know a lot about them.”

“Like I said, I know everyone who walks these streets,” Key said with a smirk.

“Because you’re one of the Zutters?” Jonghyun asked, determined to get to the bottom of this.

“Because I have friends who know everything,” Key said clearly finding this all too amusing.

“The Zutters?” It was more of a statement rather than a question.

“Persistent aren’t we?” Key chuckled again.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

“If I say I am, what are you going to do about it?” Key asked with a chuckle.

“Make sure you get arrested”

“For what?”

Jonghyun doubted himself for a second.

“You know you’re the only one who came here with a clear goal in mind after the first time: Arresting all the Zutters”

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. His friends also had goals right?

“But that made our leader wonder why you wanted to arrest us all.”

Jonghyun’s mind worked very quickly. “Your leader. So you really are one of the Zutters?”

Key giggled. “Oops did I let that slip?” he asked in a fake shock.

Jonghyun didn’t understand why he was still talking to this idiot.

“But you didn’t answer the question,” Key stated in a manner which was similar to what Jonghyun would have done.

Jonghyun looked at him incredulously and Key chuckled.

“Because you destroy lives,” Jonghyun stated.

Key laughed. “WE destroy lives?” He laughed some more, “You gotta be friggin kiddin me.”

Jonghyun didn’t know how to react to this. Maybe he was mental?

“That’s why I love talking to you guys, you really have a twisted view on reality,” he said laughing like crazy. “You’re even dumber than those bunches of idiots who are constantly trying to get high. Those people are idiots and everyone knows that, but you guys are actually supposed to be smart.”

Key had calmed down a bit and walked away with a smirk.

Jonghyun stood there, dumbstruck. HE had a twisted view on reality? He was a normal student with good grades who was often praised for being understanding. HE did not have a twisted view of reality. If anything he understood it exceptionally well. He also understood that Key was definitely mental. He thought about it for a while and decided that Key might have used too many drugs and drunk too much alcohol.

But to do that you had to me mental right? So Key was all three. A drug addict, an alcoholic and mental. Yes definitely.

Jonghyun definitely was not the one with a twisted view on reality.

 

 

 

Jongin was actually walking through the streets with a destination in mind, unlike the others. He was walking towards the place where he had talked to the long haired boy for the first time. He silently hoped to find the boy sleeping somewhere. He walked in a street not too far from his goal. There he saw the boy who had a cap pulled over his head to block out light while he slept. Jongin grinned mischievously. He walked over to the boy and pulled the cap from his face.

The boy had a beautiful face; it was childish and mature at the same time. It had both a feminine and pretty factor to it, yet it was kind of handsome at the same time. The closed eyes were framed with unnaturally long black eyelashes. His lips were pink and a bit pouty. His face was framed with brown locks. The boy was definitely beautiful.

The boy stretched his hand out without opening his eyes. “Key umma, give back my cap.”

Jongin chuckled and the boy’s eyes shot open.

Jongin was awed by the cute and innocent eyes.

“Who are you?”

Jongin looked surprised, “We talked before. You kicked me”

The boy seemed to think. “Nope don’t remember you.”

Jongin was stunned. How could the boy not remember him?

“Give back my cap,” the boy said while holding out his hand.

Jongin who realised he still had the boy’s cap, smirked. “Can you tell me your name?”

“No”

“Then you won’t get back your cap.”

The boy stood up. Jongin who was half kneeling also stood up. Before Jongin stood up completely, he felt something being snatched from his hands and he proceeded to lose balance and fell to the ground rather ungracefully.

They boy looked down at him with a smirk.

Jongin tried to get up, but felt that the arm he tried to use to push himself up couldn’t give him any support.

The boy sighed. “Idiot,” he said as he stretched out a hand to help Jongin up.

Jongin studied his own wrist and it was red and a bit swollen. He figured he must have injured it when he fell.

The boy  sighed as he looked at Jongin’s wrist. He grabbed Jongin’s other wrist and dragged him to another building.

Jongin stared at the building before him in confusion.

The building was slightly better maintained than the surrounding ones. The walls were pretty much still standing and some of the windows actually looked okay. And there was a door.

Jongin felt a tug on his wrist and followed the boy.

“Who is he?” A young man with a kind smile and visible dimples asked.

“He broke his wrist,” The long haired boy responded.

“Oh let me see.”

“Tsk, you shouldn’t bring strangers here, princess,” A boy with a black cap, Bobby, said.

“Shut up,” the long haired boy said.

“I don’t think it’s broken,” the young man stated.

Jongin didn’t know what to think of all this. These were the people who beat up his friends right? Why were they helping him?

Jongin suddenly looked down as his wrist got bandaged.

“Can you go to a doctor?”

Jongin looked surprised. Of course he could go to a doctor.

“Stop being nice to him; he’s an annoying rich kid of course he can go to a doctor.”

“Why would a rich kid walk around here?” Lay asked.

“Ask princess, she knows.”

“I’m no friggin princess!” The long haired boy yelled. “And I am a HE

Jongin chuckled. So he wasn’t the only one who had his gotten his gender confused.

“Why would you bring a rich kid down here?” Lay asked.

“I didn’t know he was a rich kid,” the long haired boy mumbled.

“That’s because you sleep when people are talking to you.”

“You should stop bringing in wounded animals, princess,” came a distinctive voice from behind Jongin.

Jongin turned around to see who the voice was from. It was from the boy with reddish orange hair he had seen before.

“My bad,” the long haired boy said.

“No, it’s alright. I wanted to ask him a question since you didn’t listen yesterday so you probably didn’t ask it,” the person said with a smile and turned to Jongin, “I was wondering why you were so interested in the Zutters.”

Jongin blinked. “Curiosity I guess.”

“Don’t you know the saying curiosity killed the cat?”

“I do know. But cats have nine lives don’t they?” Jongin responded.

Jiyong smiled. “I guess you’re right. Then we’ll just have to kill you nine times right?”He said in a concluding tone with a huge, simple yet threatening smile on his face.

Jongin didn’t really know how to react to the threat of being killed multiple times.

The boy with long-ish hair pressed his lips together, “You won’t”

“Of course I won’t princess.”

Bobby looked annoyed. “Why do you let him and Key call you princess?”

“I DON”T AND I’M NO PRINCESS!!” the boy yelled.

Jongin sniggered at the scene in front of him.

“Well that leaves us without many choices. What to do with you?” Jiyong said teasingly.

Jongin stared at him.

Jiyong looked at Jongin, “Yah princess.”

“I. Am. No. Princess.” The boy with long hair said, annoyed.

Jiyong chuckled. “Okay our dear prince, could you please him back to his companions?”

“Fine,” he stood up and walked towards the door.

Jongin followed him. Even though he was reluctant to leave a building holding so many answers, he was sure he didn’t want to stay in the building with a person what wanted to kill him.

They walked for a while when Jongin decided to start a conversation.

“So you’re called princess?”

“Am not.”

“I’m Kim Jongin. Who’re you?”

“Hmm”

“If you don’t tell me your name, I’ll have to keep calling you princess.”

“Tch”

“So princess, why did you help me?”

“Did not and I’m no princess”

“You did help me, princess”

“Did not”

“I wanted to thank you”

“If you want to thank me, stop calling me princess”

Jongin was amused at how this conversation was almost a repeat of their first conversation.

“But I don’t know how else to call you princess.”

“Ah now I remember,” the boy with long hair said.

Jongin saw Key, Suho, Chanyeol, Bom, Senguri and Jonghyun standing together.

They were obviously talking about what they had figured out when they had walked alone and they hadn’t seen him yet.

Jongin cleared his throat to get attention. “Hi everybody, this is princess. Princess these are my friends.”

“I’m no princess,” the boy hissed.

Chanyeol chuckled, “No you’re not worth being called princess.”

“Shut up you Yoda”

“What did you just call me?”

“Yoda,” the boy said.

“You shouldn’t offend other people,” Jongin said, still smiling.

“Shut up, you too thick lips,” the boy said before turning away.

Jongin raised an eyebrow.

“Take it back,”Chanyeol said.

The boy just stuck out his tongue.

Jonghyun was to say the least bit surprised. He thought he would’ve hated all the Zutters but he found this boy amusing. Jonghyun had disliked Key with a passion and was intimidated by Jiyong, but he somewhat liked this boy.

The boy radiated innocence. He looked and acted like a little kid.

Just like how Jiyong had screamed, fear me or respect me, this boy just screamed hug me and I’ll glare at you, making me look even cuter.

Suho and the rest of them were too surprised to respond.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. “You’re one of the Zutters right?” he just had to make sure.

Jongin nodded for him.

“Then would you mind telling us who the leader of the Zutters is?” Jonghyun tried.

The boy stuck out his tongue. “No ways,” he said childishly and turned around and left the group.

“What happened to your wrist?” Jonhyun asked when he saw Jongin’s bandage.

“I fell.”

“Who bandaged it?” Chanyeol asked.

“One of the Zutters”

“Why?”

“I don’t know”


A/N: Sorry, I'm kinda having a dilemma oh how the story should go so it might take some time for it to actually get to the point so please bear with me until then. Hope you guys like this chapter ^^ I don't know if you know who is who, but I revealed 3 more names in this chapter.