Chapter 2: Attack

Zutter or Flutter

Chapter 2

A boy walked aimlessly through the streets, trying to recall a conversation he heard yesterday.

He had been half asleep and he had been leaning against the door when one of the others came back.

“There’s a group of people who were trying to follow you”

“hn?”

“I had a nice conversation with them,” Key chuckled.

“The group that stood next to the streetlight?”

“The one with four guys and a girl?”

Their leader laughed softly. “I think we’re talking about the same group”

“Our baby princess has stolen a wallet from one of them”

“You know he isn’t asleep right?” their leader smiled.

“They aren’t a gang, but they seem to know enough about us”

“I think someone should deal with them. Send the brothers and Rap Mon to deal with them.”

A nod of confirmation was enough and it was settled. They probably wouldn’t be coming back ever again.

The boy grinned. Maybe that boy he had encountered earlier was already running away or he was going to find his friends in quite a mess.

 

 

Bom was surprised when she saw how many people had decided to come. She knew some more people would join them, but this was absurd. There were just too many people. You had Junmyoon, Jonghyun and Kai who had come because it was their assignment. But then you had Minho, Onew, Senguri, Daesung, Jimin, Jin, Minzy, Kyungsoo, Chen, Chanyeol and Sehun. She wondered how those people came here.

“It’s not a problem if we join right?” Chen asked.

“Kai said it might be safer with more people,” Minzy added.

“And I want my wallet back,” Minho said, aggravated.

Joonmyun had just nodded and showed them the way.

Onew was clearly nervous.

Senguri, Minzy, Chen and Chanyeol were excited.

Sehun didn’t know why he was here.

Jimin was scared.

Kyungsoo and Jin were talking about the possible things that could happen. More like, Kyungsoo was talking and Jin was paling by the second.

Daesung was trying to calm Jimin down.

Bom felt something was off. Just yesterday there had been many people just hanging around. However, the streets were now empty; not a single soul could be seen or heard. The place was deserted.

“Something is wrong we should turn around and leave”

“What about Jongin?” Jonghyun asked.

“We call him and tell him we decided on another day.”

“What are you scared?” Senguri asked mockingly.

Bom knew that she couldn’t win this fight but something is very wrong and she knew Jonghyun felt it too.

“Wondering why it’s so empty?” A voice out of nowhere asked.

Bom turned to see the source of the voice.

“We could explain.” Another voice was heard from the opposite side from where the first one came.

Bom turned to see the second source of sound.

A young man, probably even younger than most of them were, was standing at the end of the street. He was wearing a black cap with print on it. He was wearing a white top with writing, black skinny jeans and had a gold coloured chain hanging around his neck. He walked towards them in a way a normal person would walk through a street with a normal amount of people. Not hurried nor slow, just casual without a care in the world.

Everyone stared at him until a loud bang was heard followed by a soft thump.

An unconscious Senguri was lying on the ground and two boys who looked like twins were standing not too far from him.

Some people gasped, some screamed.

The next to fall was Kyungsoo who was knocked by a petite boy whose cheeks were puffed out when he smiled which made him resemble a steamed bun.

Jin was knocked out by a hit against the back of his neck.

Chanyeol grabbed the hands of the said person and held them above his head. The boy was one of the two boys that knocked Senguri out.  The boy was quite small and had quite pretty hands despite a few scars that tainted them.  The said boy kicked both his legs up.

Chanyeol could not hold the weight and released the boy’s hands. The boy landed on his hands and pulled in his legs before kicking them up again, effectively hitting Chanyeol’s face.

Junmyoon and Onew were trying to defend themselves against the boy wearing a cap.

Minzy and Bom got their heads smashed against each other.

 Within a few minutes, all of them were lying on the ground. Some were knocked into the wall, others beaten.

None of the people died; some had nasty injuries, but most of them were just unconscious.

The boy who got caught by Chanyeol looked at his wrist and sighed. He had beautifully bruised wrists.

“Are you okay?” the boy with the cap asked.

“I’m fine,” he answered as he heard his younger brother call his name.

“Baekhyun hyung, are you okay?” Taehyung asked.

“Some bruises but nothing much.”

“Let’s go back”

They nodded and left.

Jongin had arrived about 10 minutes later. He had looked at the horrid scene and called a few ambulances. He was frozen stiff. What would’ve happened if he was there? Would this have happened to him too? Who did this? Why did they do this?

The ambulance arrived in record time. One of the paramedics came up to Jongin. “They will be fine. They have some minor injuries and they’re unconscious but it’s nothing life threatening. We picked up people from here in far worse condition”

Jongin could only nod.

 

 

 

Finally he found a place to relax. He had already closed his eyes.

“Yo!”

“Leave me alone, I want to sleep!”

“Aw our little princess needs her beauty sleep?” A mocking voice asked. The owner of the voice however did think watching his ‘baby’ hold his beauty sleep was one of the most beautiful things you could see in a place like this.

“I’m no frigging princess!” the boy scowled, snapping his eyes open.

“Great our princess is awake.”

“I. Am. Not. A. girl”

“The genius wants to see you little baby.” The guy said before walking off.

“I AM NO PRINCESS!” the boy was really really angry but got up nonetheless and walked towards their leader.

“Was he calling you princess again?” a distinctive voice asked.

“ ”

“If you want him to stop, you might want to do something about that frail look of yours,” the voice said mockingly with a smile.

“You’re hardly one to talk,” the boy replied.

True, the other boy looked just as frail. He had a slender build and looks like he had no muscles whatsoever. He had a shade of hair that was red-orange. Yes the boy looked a bit feminine, but no one who valued their lives would ever say that to their leader.

The boy called princess or baby was the exception.

“I heard you talked to the attractive boy this afternoon.”

“I guess”

“What do you think his reaction will be when he finds his friends the way we left them?”

The boy’s eyes widened.

“It’s nothing serious most of them are just unconscious, they will be fine in a few hours.”

The boy returned to his previous uncaring demeanour.

“Some have a few broken bones though. Oh and Baekhyun broke someone’s nose.”

Taemin hummed in acknowledgement.

“Do you think they’ll come back?”

“Yes”

 

 

Jongin was so angry he could kill anyone who was stupid enough to approach him right now. He wouldn’t be Kim Jongin if he let this go unpunished. No one and I mean no one hurt his friends and got away with that. He would bring those people down if it was the last thing he did.

 

 

Jongin rushed to the hospital when he was notified that his friends were awake.

“Jongin.” Jongin nodded.

“What happened?”

“I think they saw us as a threat,” Jonghyun responded.

“What did we do?” Junmyoon asked.

“I’m not sure but because we were such a large group, they might have seen us as a threat for their position,” Bom said as she walked into the room.

“How many were they,” Jongin asked.

The room fell silent.

All of the people in their school had self-defence classes. That had all passed. For them it was humiliating that they had been defeated by a group of four people when there were so many of them.

Jongin raised an eyebrow, “Sehun?”

“Four”

Jongin felt like fainting. “Four?” he asked in incredulity.

“I think they were part of that Zutter gang,” Jonghyun speculated.

“Why do you say that?”

“After what that cat boy told us on the first day, I tried to do some research on them and it fits their pattern.” Jonghyun’s father worked for the police and sometimes he would help in his work.

“They have a pattern?”

“They knock their opponents unconscious, but never kill them, which is rare because many gangs actually kill people. But maybe because they hardly leave any traces and no one knows who exactly is part of Zutter,” Jonghyun said, “But there is a gang who knocks their opponents out and simply leave after that. None of the other known gangs do that.”

“But people from other gangs know who Zutter are,” Jongin reasoned, remembering the boy with feline eyes.

“You can recognize them, they have a number somewhere on their body or so I’ve heard,” Jonghyun said, trying to remember what his father said not too long ago.

“And if you can’t see their number?” Jongin asked trying to recall if the boy he’d seen had a number on his body.

“Then there’s no way to know. But most gangs know which people are in which gang and if they aren’t in a known gang they’re probably part of Zutter,” Jonghyun said.

Jongin thought about this for a while.

“Kai, I know you aren’t someone to let this go but please do so.”

“Why?”

“We have never been able to arrest even one of the Zutters.”

Although Jonghyun said that to Jongin, he himself did not have any intentions to stop. Yes it was for a school project in the beginning, but now he genuinely wants to know more. He knew that there must be something that can help him with this case. Then he remembered the boy with the feline eyes. If no one knew who the Zutters were and the number markings couldn’t be seen then how did he know what he told them? The boy must have lied, there must have been more that the boy knows, but omitted from them. Jonghyun smiled. He had found the place to start his investigation.

 

 

A/N: So the unknown gang idea from an anime called Durarara!! It’s pretty awesome and I would definitely recommend watching it. And the number tattoo thing was from another anime called Black Cat and yes there is a gang like called the numbers gang like this in real life :P Hope you guys enjoyed it ^^