Chapter 10: Hide or Run

Zutter or Flutter

Chapter 10

Jongin was reviewing what their group had typed up for their project. He decided that he would put try to perfect their project for now instead of thinking about the Zutters. He suddenly heard his phone vibrate against the table. He picks it up and read the message he received from Joonmyoon.

-My laptop is being weird. Can I come over to your place?-

Jongin blinked. He did not want Joonmyoon to come. He would have to deal with his parents and that meant someone would be there watching his every move. He really did not need that right now. Sighing, he picked up is phone to call his cousin.

-Hey Jongin. I knew you would call. My computer broke down and I need to finish my English essay. Can I come to your house?-

“Hmm,” Jongin replied.

-I would go to Jonghyun, but his computer got some sort of weird virus. Minho and Chanyeol aren’t answering their phones-

Jongin sighed; he should have ignored Joonmyoon as well.

-Nothing harmful about an English essay right?-

Jongin sighed again,“Sure”

-Great! I’ll be there in 20 minutes-

Jongin hung up his phone and went downstairs to inform his parents.

 

 

 

Jonghyun stared at his blank computer screen. He had pretty much tried everything but his computer did not react. He cursed a bit and eventually had to call someone to fix it.

In less than half an hour, someone arrived at the front door.

“I came to help fix a computer problem. When exactly is wrong?”

Jonghyun nodded. “I started the computer, but then it did not react to anything and everything I had installed on the computer got deleted and now I can’t start it anymore.”

“Sounds like a virus. You didn’t install, download or insert anything in the computer recently or anything?”

“Nothing in particular comes to mind.”

“Maybe through mail?”

“I haven’t opened my mail since the day before yesterday. I was sort of busy. It worked fine yesterday.”

“Strange.” The man said before looking at the computer. About forty minutes later. He spoke again. “I found the problem.”

“What is it?” Jonghyun asked.

“Well someone messed with your computer directly.”

“What do you mean?”

“They messed up the entire system. Probably a hacker. Whatever has been deleted… I don’t think you can get it back, but I can get your computer to work again though.”

“Ah,” Jonghyun nodded dumbly. He knew he shouldn’t have kept important things on his computer; fortunately he had a backup of everything.

“This is done by someone who knows quite a lot about computers.”

Jonghyun nodded.

“Ah look, it’s working.”

Nothing was left. All programs, documents and music, everything was gone.

Jonghyun sighed. He had just found something which he had not read yet. He had spent hours looking for anything about Jiyong and Taemin, but he had found nothing; the name seemed to be non-existent. He had finally found something, but he didn’t think it was that important so he had left it, telling himself he would read it later. He looked through his discs of backup material. Some were missing.

You can probably guess which ones.

Jonghyun was silently impressed by how thorough they worked. He hoped Suga or Jin still had some data or they would be back to square one.

 

 

 

Jiyong smiled. “I think you’re even better than J-hope when it comes to such things. I’m really grateful that you’re here.”

The boy nodded with a smile as well.

“I don’t want anyone us to get hurt,” the boy stated, “I’ll do anything I can to help. This is the least I can do”

“Thanks again, Luhan.”

The boy responded with a yawn.

“Sleepy?”

“Yes,” Luhan responded.

Jiyong chuckled.

“Taemin stole my pillow”

Jiyong laughed while Luhan just yawned again and dropped to the ground and slept.

“Xiuminnie, can you take Luhan back home?”

The boy with chubby cheeks, resembling a bun, nodded and proceeded to pick Luhan up and carried him on his back.

Jiyong, TOP and Taemin watched as Xiumin and Luhan’s figures became smaller and eventually disappearing.

“Minho stopped when his parents got involved, the Park siblings as well. Joonmyoon seems like he will be getting a bodyguard soon and Jonghyun will at least be stopped temporarily. Only Jongin…” Jiyong continued.

“So what are you gonna do ‘bout them?” Namjoon asked as he joined them.

“Don’t know,” Jiyong answered with a smile.

Namjoon raised his eyebrow, “You’re not very impressive at finding a plan are you?”

Jiyong responded with a chuckle.

“It could be worse. For Jiyong hyung, that’s the only thing he’s bad at. You’re not good at anything in particular,” Taemin said, insulting Namjoon. Taemin did not dislike any of the Zutters, but sometimes he disliked them insulting their leader.

“Tsk.”

Jiyong hardly minded, knowing that Namjoon did not mean it in a particularly insulting way. “Well, I guess he’s right.”

Taemin raised an eyebrow, but looked away soon after.

The boy knew he would get in trouble if he picked a fight with Namjoon. Even though Taemin knew he was a higher number, he knew that it meant nothing amongst the Zutters who have known each other so well. Also even though some of the Zutters weren’t so impressive alone, they were pretty impressive together with their partner. Take Baekhyun and Taehyung for example; even though they were only numbers 16 and 17, when they fought together, they could easily match against Taemin.

“What??!!”

Taemin was snapped out of his thoughts by Namjoon’s very unusually loud exclamation. He blinked a few times, trying to figure out what he missed during his pondering time.

Jiyong chuckled, “Sounds interesting, doesn’t it?”

“No,” Namjoon denied.

“What?” Jungkook asked, popping out of nowhere.

Taemin just stared at Jiyong with huge eyes.

“I was kidding,” Jiyong laughed.

“You better be,” Namjoon hissed.

“WHAT?!” Jungkook whined.

“I just suggested asking Jongin to become one of the Zutters because I can’t find another way for him to stop being a threat,”Jiyong explained casually.

Jungkook’s eyes widened more that Taemin’s, but they both screamed, “NO!!”

Both boys turned to stare at each other and nodded in acknowledgement, for once they agreed on something. They were not going to let this happen.

Jiyong stared at them, finding their antics very cute. He chuckled, “I was just joking.”

“You better be,” all of them stated at the same time. Namjoon and Taemin still looked at Jiyong suspiciously.

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun, Jin and Suga decided not to split up. They felt a bit uncomfortable and Jonghyun’s instincts told him that they were being watched. It seemed that Jin had felt it too, he suddenly stopped.

“Who’s there,” he called out.

The random groups of people on the street laughed.

Jonghyun sighed, “It’s no use. They won’t come if they’re trying to hide from us.”

Suga smirked, “Well that’s unfortunate; it might actually be useful for once.”

Neither Jin nor Jonghyun knew what Suga was planning or where he was even going with this, but they decided to play along.

Jungkook who was watching from a distance narrowed his eyes in suspicious curiosity.

“After all, it might be of interest to them to know what the police are up to.”

Jin and Jonghyun caught on at the exact same time.

“Yes after Joonmyoon and Jongin got hospitalized,” said Jonghyun.

“They’re just mocking you,” Namjoon whispered to Jungkook.

Jungkook grumbled.

Suga narrowed his eyes in alarm. He heard something. Or at least he thought he heard something.

“They don’t know anything,” Taehyung whispered.

Now Suga was sure he had heard something.

Jungkook, who had noticed that Suga heard them, signalled for everyone to be quiet.

“What’s the matter?” Jonghyun asked.

“I heard something,” Suga replied.

Jin snorted, “Well duh. There’re lots of things to hear.”

Suga looked at him, feeling slightly annoyed.

Rap Monster decided that they had heard enough and chose to sneak away, dragging Jungkook, Baekhyun and Taehyung with him.

 

 

 

Taemin had watched over a bunch of idiots even though he knew he had better things to do like sleeping. But he was somewhat concerned; he did not want to see people get hurt. That was how half of the Zutters ended up being Zutters.

Taemin would find someone who was hurt, brought them to Jiyong who patched them up although it became Lay’s role once he joined them. Now Taemin would bring them directly to Lay.

Lay had more skill than Jiyong when it came to such things.

Jiyong had laughed about it often and Seunghyun called Taemin cute for doing such things.

Ever since Jiyong, Seunghyun and Taemin got together, they somehow attracted people who had problems. Even when the three of them split up, they still each brought back someone who eventually became one of the Zutters.

Taemin sighed as he stared at the back of Jiyong’s old friend. He found it surprising that the guy did not think of Jiyong the instant he heard the name.

 

 

 

Not too far from where Taemin sat, Key was also watching the three boys. He however, was mostly watching Jonghyun. He had been thinking about the boy too often and he was trying to figure out why. Key had never really been one to follow orders so when Jiyong ordered him to stay away from the kids, of course, he did not listen. He knew for a fact that he was attracted to boys; he did have a boyfriend before, after all. He was just a bit confused and surprised that he was attracted to someone who wanted to ruin his life. He figured there had to be something really special about him to make him feel that way.

“Kibum, could you do me a favour and listen to me the next time I ask you to do something,” Jiyong chided Key.

Key froze and turned around, “Still able to sneak up on me I see.”

“We have a problem and I didn’t realize until recently,” Jiyong continued.

“What?”

“We might have to leave this city.”

 

 

 

Jongin was sitting next to Junmyoon happily chatting about his English assignment.

Junmyoon was surprised to see how Jongin was able to act so casual despite their situation.

“Junmyoon hyung,” he suddenly said in a more serious tone.

Junmyoon raised an eyebrow.

“I have this funny feeling,” stated Jongin.

“What do you mean?” questioned Junmyoon.

“I can’t sleep at night. I keep thinking about what happened a while back,” started Jongin.

Junmyoon waited patiently.

“When I injured my wrist. When Taemin brought me to their hideout, if you can call it that. I want to go there again.”

“You think you can find it again?” asked Junmyoon.

“I’m not sure. I don’t think I can find it immediately,” Jongin explained.

“But do you remember?” asked Junmyoon.

Jongin nodded. “I remember the building. Just how to get there might be a problem.”

“The other problem is how we’re going to get out of the house,” said Junmyoon.

Jongin fell back with his head landing on the cushion behind him. “I don’t know.”

And suddenly Jongin sat back up, sporting a smirk on his face.

“What?” Junmyoon questioned suspiciously.

“Feel like sneaking out?”

 


A/N: I'm really really really really sorry for taking so long to update. Life has just been very crappy for me... I've been sick for like the past almost two months and then my laptop goes and crashes and then I lost EVERYTHING. So yeah, please forgive me for this terribly boring chapter but please bear with it a bit more (if anyone is even reading this anymore)