Chapter 1: The Ghetto

Zutter or Flutter

Chapter 1

 

He would’ve yelled on the top of his lungs if he weren’t so classy. He would have been frustrated. But he was Kim Junmyoon and he didn’t allow himself to show such emotions.

Jongin, Junmyoon’s cousin who preferred to be called by the name “Kai”, laughed.

Jonghyun snorted. Hehad never planned on coming to such a place.

The walls were falling apart and if they were still standing, they would have cracks with paint peeling off on most places. If there were windows in the buildings, the glass would be shattered and the frame distorted. Doors were hanging from the frame and if you didn’t watch out they would fall down. Colourful graffiti decorated the walls, but everything still appeared dull and grey. Broken glass and shattered beer bottles were scattered along the streets.

No Junmyoon did not like this place; it gave him an uncomfortable feeling. He was not scared. Kim Junmyoon was not scared by any means. He was one of the people from the upper-class. He had been confronted with powerful business men, swindlers, lawyers and other people you would never invite in your house if you had the choice. Junmyoon would never be afraid of people.

Jonghyun wasn’t afraid either, but he was utterly disgusted to say the least. He was one of the richest people in this country. He did not see why he would need to wander through the ghetto.

Jongin however did not seem to mind that much. Yes, he found this place filthy, but he did not mind being here. He found it interesting to see the other side of society.

Park Bom was interested and tried to look around to take in as much as possible. Yes she was one of the few people who found this interesting. Fearless, even though she was a girl.

Jongin studied the people  ‘crowding’ the street.

First you had a small group standing together eyeing Junmyoon’s group with mixed emotions.

Then you had the people who walked past, shooting the group a glance, but not much more.

Last there were two people who got Jongin’s attention.

People walked past the two in fear and respect.

The two people themselves were unique.

One was a skinny with red-orange hair. He stood like a celebrity with confidence, but still carrying ‘swag’ in his steps. He had a smile across his face. His head was turned towards Junmyoon’s group, but Jongin wasn’t sure if he actually looked at them.

The other was a tall and rather handsome. He had eyes that were completely free of emotions like the rest of his face. Maybe if you squint, you could imagine him sporting a smirk with his sharp jawline. He wore a black jacket over a white shirt with maroon jeans. He ignored the group and stared at a point a bit behind them.

Jongin turned his head slightly to see what the boy was looking at.

A frail figure with a black sleeveless shirt, navy skinny jeans and shoulder length hair was running in their direction. A smirk was clearly visible on his face. He easily avoided Junmyoon’s group and stopped before the two boys.

The skinny boy with red-orange hair’s smile widened a bit when the boy stopped before him. He turned and walked way, followed by the two boys.

Jongin noticed that all eyes were on the three people. He wondered how high the status of those people exactly was here.

Jonghyun walked towards one of the people. “Who are they?” He asked motioning his head over to where the boys were before they walked away.

The boy almost choked when he was asked the question. “None of your business go away.” He said while getting up and walking off.

Park Bom stared at the departing boy in surprise.

“Wait,” Jonghyun yells, “I demand you to tell me who those people are.” In his eyes, this might just be useful for the project.

The boy laughed while walking away.

Jongin smiled amused. “Hmm…” he thought, “Should we follow them?”

Jonghyun and Junmyoon stared at him incredulously.

“Yes let’s do that,” said Park Bom.

Someone bumped in to Jonghyun at that very moment. “Jonghyun,” he said, clearly surprised.

“Minho?” Jongin asked.

“Have you seen small boy with a black sleeveless top and long hair?”

“Yes why?”

“He stole my wallet”

“Your wallet?”

“Yes”

“We were just planning on following him,” answered Bom.

“You don’t seriously think you’ll get that back do you? ” a voice asked from bihind them.

They looked up and saw a boy with feline-like eyes. He had black hair with one side shaved.  He was confident and had a mocking smile. “That boy with the long hair. He’s one of the Zutter and there’s just no way you’re getting anything back from them.”

“The Zutter?” Jongin asked.

“I’ve heard about them.” Bom said while she tried to recall the information, “They are the most feared gang at the moment. They are ordered in numbers and the leader has the lowest number.”

“And why exactly should we be afraid of them?” Jonghyun asked clearly annoyed.

“The gang who leaded before this one had over 200 members and they all got knocked down by one of the Zutters,” Bom explained.

“Only number 11 actually.” The boy said.

“Which numbers are the ones we’ve seen,” Jongin asked curiously.

Everyone looked at the boy.

“I’m not sure. No one knows who has which number exactly, but the three you saw are at least in the top ten.”

“But you know who number eleven is?” Jongin asked. He already figured that they wouldn’t catch up with the three boys anymore.

The boy laughed, turned around and left, leaving all of them confused.

“That’s why we shouldn’t be talking to such lowlifes, they lack manners,” Jonghyun complained.

“We should probably go and come back tomorrow,” Junmyoon suggested, seeing as they were getting nowhere with this.

 

 

 

Jongin was busy looking over his history and smiled when Junmyoon came walking towards him.

“I had forgotten you have a checkup at the hospital today. We could go another day if you like,” he stated.

“You should go ahead. I will catch up with you later,” Jongin answered, “I will call you if I can’t find you guys if that’s okay?”

Onew walked in their class. “I heard about yesterday, are you sure it’s a good idea for you to go again? I mean you might get in trouble. I don’t think it’s safe to walk around without bodyguards there. I already told Suho, but he didn’t listen.”

“What’s the matter?” Minzy asked.

“They want to go talk to some gang.”

“That sounds cool, can I come with you,” she asked excitedly.

Jongin laughed, “You should ask, Junmyoon.”

Minzy pouts, “Why Suho, I don’t think he’ll say yes. I bet he’ll say something like it’s too dangerous for a girls or something like that.”

Jongin chuckled. “I think it would be safer if we go with a big group though, maybe Junmyoon would agree then.”

“Okay I’ll ask Senguri and you can ask Sehun to come with us.”

Jongin nods and turns to Onew whose face was painted with worry, “You should come too.”

 

 

 

Jongin walked out of the hospital and decided to go catch up with the others. It was a bit later than he had anticipated but he had enough time to catch up with his friends.

“A rich boy shouldn’t walk alone here” A voice said.

Jongin turned around to find a group of four boys and he raised an eyebrow. “Money doesn’t determine where I should or shouldn’t walk”

The men laughed while pushing him against a wall.

Jongin knew it was not the manliest move, but he needed to save himself in this situation so he kicked the man where it hurt.

The man cursed and released him.

A soft chuckle from the side disturbed his thought processes. “I have to disagree… money does determine where you can and can’t walk.”

The men in front of Jongin froze.

“If you want to bother people fine, but do it somewhere where I’m not trying to sleep.”

Jongin raised his eyebrow. He was craning his neck trying to see the face of the boy. This boy was pretty cocky to sleep somewhere where people could easily do something to him.

“B-but w-we were quiet,” one of the men stuttered.

“Tch”

“We will leave now,” one of the other men said while backing away slowly.

The others followed the man’s example and followed him in his mission to become invisible.

Jongin now got a good view of the boy.

He was small with a feminine build and long-ish hair; he wore skinny jeans and a black sleeveless shirt covered by a maroon coloured jacket.

Jongin could not see his face very clearly but it was obviously the boy from yesterday. “You’re the boy from yesterday, one of the Zutters, the one who stole Minho’s wallet.”

The boy gave no hint whatsoever that he had heard Jongin.

“Thanks for helping me,” Jongin tried while following the boy.

He didn’t look at Jongin, “I didn’t help you.”

Jongin smiled, “Yes you did.”

The boy’s eye twitched, but because his back was facing Jongin it wasn’t seen. “I didn’t.”

Jongin chuckled. This boy was childish beyond belief and it amused Jongin.

“You did.” He replied. “And I want to thank you for it.”

“I didn’t and if you want to thank me leave me alone.”

Jongin chuckled again but didn’t reply, but did not comply with the boy’s wish either.

The boy was getting frustrated. “Leave me alone.”

Jongin just smiled and ignored the demand once again.

They walked in silence for a while. The boy was fuming and Jongin was immensely amused.

“What do you want?” The boy asked in annoyance.

“You stole my friend’s wallet, I want it back”

“Tch.” The boy said, ignoring him and picking up his pace.

Jongin however, was keeping up fairly easily, “You’re one of the Zutters aren’t you?”

The boy started walking even faster.

“What’s your name?” Jongin said, still easily keeping up. He had longer legs, therefore it made it easy to keep up.

The boy suddenly stopped and faced Jongin.

Jongin smiled brightly, thinking that he had finally caught a chance of a proper conversation with the boy.

The boy looked at Jongin and smirked. He kicked him where Jongin did the other men some time ago. He yelped in pain and surprise and fell to his knees.

 

 

 

 

Jongin was not thrilled when he had walked towards his friends. More like, he was angry, shocked and on the verge of breaking down when he found his friends. What happened here?

 

---

A/N: Please tell me what you think. Should I continue or not?