final

Saengil CHEOLkahae! (I love you) [Happy Birthday to our most beloved Leader!!]

 “KIDS GET THE HELL OUT” Seungcheol shouted.

It was 5pm of the day on the 8th of August and Choi Seungcheol want his twelve kids to shut the hell up and go take a pack the party equipment quietly.

He was trying to concentrate on reading the fans messages, smiling to himself and answering them on twitter. Posting a message in what seemed like forever made him so happy as he could finally talk to the fans and answering them even though they were still on their break before their next comeback. It was hard to concentrate though, especially if the twelve other members were singing and dancing around happily, blowing balloons and ‘accidently’ popping them right in front Seungcheol playfully.

“Oh stop it. We already half celebrated my birthday yesterday! Leave me some time by myself so I can reply to my fans, friends and family please” The leader sighed, placing a hand on his forehead before waving ‘shoo’ motions at everyone else.

Of course, although it was his birthday, the kids did not respect him. He watched as Soonyoung started playing with the birthday decorations, making it into a rope and chasing the younger ones with it while Mingyu, Dino and Minghao planned was discussing over something in the corner of the room where the café area was and the rest of the members continue to sing and dance, accidently tripping on each other and laugh loudly.

It was supposed to be his birthday, and they can’t even listen to him? He sighed before smiling at the phone screen. Honestly though, he really didn’t mind.

Training for 6 years and seeing people come and go were definitely an emotional experience for him. He was told that he would debut with Nu’est, he was told he was he was going to be placed into a group called Seventeen instead, and he was told he was going to debut soon, every year until finally, debuting in 2015. Waiting for such a long time, he felt so blessed to be able to debut with finally with the bunch of kids who were annoying him. But really, there was one person he wanted to thank the most, and was definitely worried about.

Jang Doyoon.

How is he doing? Is he ever going to debut as an idol? How is filming the drama he is in? Was it fun? Is he eating well? Is he doing well? Is he missing him as much as he does? And most importantly, is he thinking of him right now?

They haven’t talked to each other since a few months after Doyoon decided he would leave. It has been forever. He tried texting him once, but it seemed like the other had changed his phone number or well, never bought a new one when Seungcheol broke his out of anger from the news that he was leaving.

The oldest looked at his phone and sighed. Turning his phone on and off for notifications, hoping that one of them would say something like ‘happy birthday… how are you doing?’

It was like this every year though, the day Doyoon left was a week before his birthday, and on his birthday, he continuously checked on his phone. From 12am onwards, he would somehow wake up cautiously at every little buzz his phone made and checked immediately who it was. Of course, besides his parents, he would simply ignore the birthday message, until he was finally bothered to reply to each and every one of them.

How he missed Doyoon. How can he not have texted him since then? Does he still remember his number? In fact, Seungcheol didn’t change his phone number at all, just in case the other would text him.

[Hyung]

There was a message. His eyes widened and he opened it immediately.

[Look over here~]

Huh? Seungcheol looked up and around before seeing Seungkwan grin at him and the sound of a picture being taken go off.

“Seriously? Yah Kid! Don’t do this to me!” The leader laughed and waved at Seungkwan’s phone’s lens, doing a few cute poses just in case the other would take a few more snap shots of him.

Although Seungcheol was sad and disappointed, he knew it would be the best not to show it at all. Whenever he felt weak and insecure, it would seem like a disease and spread to everyone else. As a leader, he had to stay strong.

“Hyung, come play with us after you replied to your fans though okay?” Minghao appeared all of a sudden and peeped at him, blinking his big round eyes a few times before smiling innocently.

“Okay~” Seungcheol nodded a few times brightly before waving goodbye as he watched the younger Chinese member skip off happily picking a few rubbish off the ground as he went.

Minghao. Doyoon hasn’t met him before. How would he behave in front of the Chinese member if he was still here? He continued to wonder.

Ding!

There was another message. And no, it was not Doyoon.

Honestly, Seungcheol wanted to give up already, there had already been 12 dings a few minutes after another and all of them were not Doyoon.

[Hey]

Seungcheol opened half of his eyelids, tired and glanced at the message.

It was an unknown number. But he didn’t have his hopes up.

[I guess your phone number changed?]

Another message came in from that number and he didn’t bother to check it.

[Seungcheol- Happy Birthday]

A few minutes later he received another message and this time, he looked at his phone screen carefully, beginning to feel slightly annoyed by the unknown message. How can someone he does not know happen to send messages to him?

He opened it up and stared at the message. Pressing the icon of number he received the message from, he continued to stare at the very familiar face.

“No way” He mumbled to himself, eyes widening once again.

[You read my message. You know who it is right?]

[No way… Who are you!]

Seungcheol typed in immediately, waiting patiently for the number to reply.

[I knew it, you forgot about me? It’s all good]

[no no no :c]

The leader typed in with a sad face emoticon and frowned himself.

[You’re freaking Jang Doyoon]

[Oh god, you remember me?]

[Why wouldn’t i?? I missed you so much what the- HOW COULD YOU]

Honestly, Seungcheol was so desperate. It was impossible, after 2 years of losing contact, Doyoon decided to contact him now? Is this even real?

[Sorry… hehe]

[HOW DID YOU FIND ME THOUGH]

[It was just pure luck really. Who would be so stupid as to not change their phone number?]

[ME]

[Seungcheol lol, you sound so desperate XD]

[I AM]

[WHERE DID YOU GO]

[WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU]

[ARE YOU OKAY]

[WHAT THE HELL]

[WHY DID YOU FINALLY DECIDE TO TEXT ME NOW]

[I MISSED YOU]

[DID YOU MISS ME?]

The leader had his eyes glued onto his phone, sending messages every few seconds, not allowing the other reply.

[CHOI SEUNGCHEOL]

[IT’S OKAY, I’M HERE NOW, IT’S ALRIGHT, IM SORRY]

[ANSWER MY QUESTIONS DOYOON]

[but]

[ANSWER]

Seungcheol did not care whether or not he still had his caps lock on or not, or whether or not he probably most likely had scared the younger away. He didn’t care at all. He missed him desperately.

[I’ve been doing good okay Seungcheol? I’m at my home right now, but I will be going to the studio to film soon]

He waited for another message to come as he read that the other was still typing.

[I’m so sorry… I thought you would be super mad at me since I left and you broke my phone like that… and I just couldn’t bring myself to text you until now]

[I thought you would’ve changed your number since you debuted and I saw the music, it was great! Jihoon has such talent ah… I miss him.]

[YOU HAVEN’T ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTION YET]

[I-]

[I LOVE YOU]

[I MEAN- DID YOU MISS ME BECAUSE I DID]

[…]

[Yea]

[WHAT DO YOU MEAN YEA]

[Yea okay! Me too!]

[WHAT DO YOU MEAN]

Seungcheol watched as the other start typing then stop again, start typing and stop again, and was about to scream when the other finally replied.

[I seriously miss you. I’ve been watching all your videos… our videos again…]

[I really miss you]

[DOYOON]

[what--]

Seungcheol could feel that the other seemed embarrassed to have just said that as the other took a while to reply.

[I MISS YOU]

[omg, you’ve said that already]

[I REALLY MISS YOU THOUGH]

[I KNOW YOU DO AND I DO TOO]

[DOYOON]

[WHAT]

[YOU OWE ME DINNER]

[WHAT SINCE WHEN??]

[SINCE NOW]

[okay.. geez, you’re still a kid]

[DOYOON]

[WHAT DO YOU WANT]

[YOU]

Obviously, Seungcheol was going crazy as the other simply read the message, stayed online and didn’t reply.

[DOYOON]

(message read)

[DOYOON]

(message read)

[DOYOON. I’m sorry-]

There as a small pause.

[Why?]

There was a small awkward pause again.

[I wasn’t a good enough leader… so you weren’t able to stay]

[No, it’s not your fault at all. I decided to leave myself]

[Are you having a good life?]

[I am, don’t worry.]

[Doyoon]

[Look, you are a good leader okay? You are a very good leader. You take care of the other members well and I can see that. I miss you, I really did miss you a lot these past few years. I was always just afraid. I’ve been contacting the other members as well actually… it was just you I was worried about. I ask them a lot of the times how you were doing, do you know that? Seungcheol. Don’t let other people tell you otherwise okay? You’re really awesome. I still look up to you now. Stay strong okay? J]

The long text message he received made Seungcheol realize even more how much he had missed the other. How could he be so stupid? He never mentioned Doyoon to the other members at all as he thought the others wouldn’t want to mention him but wow. The others have been keeping contact with Doyoon for such a long time without him knowing?

[Wow I feel betrayed;;]

[HAHAH NO SEUNGCHEOL! I MISSED YOU THE MOST THOUGH!]

[That’s only because you’ve been contacting the others and not me TT]

[okay true but still. We’re talking now right?]

[yes. TT]

Seuncheol’s message was read once again as he looked at his screen and stared at it for a while. He couldn’t believe that Doyoon had finally started contacting him again. He thought that there was literally no chance. But now he knows he was wrong.

[Hey, I need to go film now :c]

[NO!]

[Seungcheol it’s okay, it’s only for a while… you’ll still talk to me right?]

Did Doyoon just ask him that question? It would’ve seemed like a question he would’ve asked himself. Not knowing what to do he replied simply.

[Yes.]

[Talk to you later leader-nim J]

Seungcheol watched his screen as Doyoon went offline before staring at the smiley face the other had just sent him. He didn’t know what to do now. He felt honestly empty, but at the same time, fulfilled.

“SAENG-IL CHEOLKAHAE” The twelve kids interrupted Seuncheol’s dazed session by screaming at him. They started giving him huge individual kisses on his cheeks as well as he was definitely surprised. No. It was more like he was shocked.

Impossible.

First Doyoon texted him and now the members want skin ship?

Normally, he would tease the members if they didn’t go to sleep by threatening to kiss them on the cheeks after the forehead, which was a normal every day thing and tell them a bedtime story until they had slept. What he was trying to say is, none of the members seemed to like skin ship as much as he did, besides Junhui of course, and would cringe whenever he wanted to kiss them affectionately. But now, they are the ones kissing him instead? He honestly felt blessed.

“WOAH!” The leader dropped his phone scared all of a sudden as he felt a shiver down his spine.

A real shiver- because it was cold.

The member laughed and yelled at each other as they started picking up scoops of ice cream using their hands and smudging it all over the eldest’s face.

“Oh god” Seungcheol squeezed his eyes closed as he felt the coldness of the scoops of ice-cream being smothered all over his face and neck as he mentally face palmed at the others.

A while after later when they stopped for a mere second Seungcheol opened his eyes and tried to grab the nearest member’s hands.

The others, being afraid, started screaming on top of their lungs and began to run around the practice room as the leader stood up with the tub of ice cream and started chasing them around.

“KIDS! I TOLD YOU TO STOP ALREADY! YOU’RE ALL GOING DOWN TODAY HAHAHAHAAH”

And like every other days, everything became chaos and they had to pack away everything.

It was a definitely a good day for Seungcheol as he placed his phone away safely before starting to clean the mess they had created with everyone else.

Although it could’ve been better if he had just turned his phone on and read his new messages.

{From The Yoon <3}

[oh by the way, I forgot to tell you this]

[I love you too]

 


Seungcheol: DOYOON DOYOON DOYOON

Hansol: Hyung- it's your birthday today 

Seungcheol: I KNOW 

Seokmin: Just give him a break 

Jihoon: /glares/


 

I MADE IT IN TIME YAY 

Seungcheol is a bias list ruiner honestly OTL and Doyoon was my first every bias... I honestly miss his so much TT

Please leave a comment or an upvote if you liked it! 

I hope you'll like it;; 

gif credit to: pledisseventeen <- tumblr