Our First

Our First

Soonyoung dialed Jihoon's number and waited for him to pick up.

 
Jihoon sighed, practically passed out on his bed surrounded by books and papers when he absentmindedly answered the phone. "What."
 
"Don't what me Jihoon," Soonyoung replied with a light laugh. "Are you doing anything right now?"
 
Jihoon blushed, remembering when the other confessed to him only a week ago. "Hey Soonyoung, and yea I'm studying for the exams."
 
"How much longer until you're done studying?"
 
Jihoon sighed. "I could afford a damn break."
 
"Then why don't we go hang out and get some coffee or something?" Soonyoung suggested.
 
"Right now?" Jihoon smiled as he really did want a break from his work. "Sure, pick me up in 15?"
 
Soonyoung nodded to himself. "15 it is."
 
Jihoon let out a sigh. "Thanks, see you."
 
"See you."
 
"I-I love you," Jihoon quickly added before ending the call, leaving his mess on the bed and changing into something appropriate for the outside world.
 
Soonyoung's heart began to beat faster when he heard those three words.
 
Jihoon quickly grabbed his keys and his phone and waited by his door, his face heating up at the last sentence he said to Soonyoung.
 
No longer, 15 minutes later Soonyoung knocked at the door.
 
Jihoon's hand automatically went up to the knob and twisted the door open. "Hey, Soonyoung."
 
"Hey Jihoon!" Soonyoung said with a big smile.
 
Jihoon let himself out of his apartment, locking the door securely behind him. "Which cafe are we going to?"
 
"Anyone you want to go."
 
Jihoon led Soonyoung on the walk, a small space between them. "How about Starlight Cafe? I love their coffee."
 
"Sounds great!" Soonyoung beamed.
 
Jihoon continued to walk quietly, unsure of what to do since they were now a couple.
 
"So, how's the exams going? Are they going well?"
 
Jihoon shrugged. "I have half of them done already. They're so tiring, I barely get any proper breaks or rest anymore."
 
"You really shouldn't overwork yourself. You should also rest too."
 
"At least I can have a break now... with you," Jihoon replied uneasily, lightly laying his head on Soonyoung's shoulder.
 
"Yeah that's nice," Soonyoung smiled.
 
"How about you Soonyoung?" Jihoon asked. "Anything going on?"
 
Soonyoung shrugged. "Nothing really."
 
"Ah okay," Jihoon sighed. "Lucky."
 
"But at least there's a school break after exams right?"
 
Jihoon's face lit up before realizing something. "True, but it's not really worth it if all I do is eat, sleep, and write more music."
 
"But isn't writing music one of your passions?" Soonyoung asked, tilting his head.
 
"Honestly I love writing music, but it gets boring at times when I have no inspiration," Jihoon frowned.
 
"Well, there's always inspiration around. You just got to stop and smell the roses sometimes because you may not know it, but you're studying your life away. So you need to have more fun!"
 
Jihoon stopped walking and faced Soonyoung. "I have an idea."
 
"What is it?"
 
"Now that we're dating," Jihoon looked up at him. "Let's make moments that I can put into my songs."
 
Soonyoung's heart fluttered at those words and then smiled. "That sounds great."
 
Jihoon really wanted to kiss Soonyoung right there but settled to hugging him, hiding in his chest due to his shyness to intimacy.
 
Soonyoung embraced Jihoon's warm hug, hugging him tightly.
 
Jihoon looked up at him. "You know I love you right? The day you confessed... I was so surprised that I couldn't speak. Sorry for that..."
 
Soonyoung smiled sweetly. "I love you too."
 
Jihoon pulled away and timidly took Soonyoung's hand, fingers wrapping perfectly around each other while they continued to walk.
 
Soonyoung held Jihoon's hand, not wanting this moment to end. It was perfect.
 
Jihoon stayed quiet as they entered Starlight Cafe, holding the door open for Soonyoung with their hands still intertwined.
 
Soonyoung bowed his head slightly, saying thank you.
 
Jihoon scoffed lightly while walking up to the front counter. "You don't have to be so formal with me, Soonyoung."
 
Soonyoung shrugged. "I know, but I think it's polite to be formal."
 
Jihoon felt himself blushing again, not knowing why he was. "You're too kind."
 
Soonyoung smiled. "So what kind of coffee do you want?"
 
"Iced coffee," Jihoon replied.
 
"That's one of my favorites!" Soonyoung said before calling over the barista.
 
Jihoon watched as Soonyoung said their order of two iced coffees, unintentionally studying his face.
 
Soonyoung looked over at the staring Jihoon with a raised brow "What?"
 
Jihoon darted his gaze over to the barista making their coffee. "N-Nothing."
 
"You sure?"
 
"Y-Yea," Jihoon nodded. "You're just..."
 
"Just what?" Soonyoung tilted his head.
 
"You're just so cute," Jihoon blurted out, hiding his face in Soonyoung's arm soon after.
 
Soonyoung blushed. "Really?"
 
Jihoon murmured in his arm. "Yes..."
 
"Well so are you," Soonyoung beamed, ruffling Jihoon's hair gently.
 
"Let's just go sit down or I'm going to be the shade of a tomato forever," Jihoon whined.
 
Soonyoung laughed lightly. "Okay."
 
Jihoon took his hand and guided then to sit by the table closest to the window, sitting on separate sides.
 
Soonyoung looked out the window watching the city life walk by. It was beautiful during this time. The sun was nearly fully set the stars coming out.
 
Jihoon stared out the window as well, not knowing what to say.
 
"So," Soonyoung started.
 
Jihoon bit his lip, unsure of what to say again. "Mmh."
 
Soonyoung soon forgot his own words that he's going to say.
 
Jihoon noticed the disappointed look on Soonyoung's face, tilting his head. "What's wrong?"
 
"Oh it's nothing."
 
Jihoon smirked. "Sure?"
 
"Yeah," Soonyoung nodded.
 
"Fine, don't tell me," Jihoon playfully pouted.
 
"It's nothing I swear," Soonyoung laughed slightly.
 
Jihoon pulled off his rare aegyo, his bottom lip out and his eyes wide.
 
"Aigoo."
 
Jihoon resorted back to his normal face. "I didn't do that for nothing."
 
"What do you want?" Soonyoung whined cutely.
 
"Anything really," Jihoon teased.
 
"What do you want to know?"
 
"How many kids do you want us to adopt?" Jihoon blurted out of the blue, hiding his face on the table afterwards.
 
"Wait what?" Soonyoung asked a bit surprised.
 
"I'm so sorry," Jihoon panicked. "It just came out I swear!"
 
"But if we adopt, wouldn't we need to get married?" Soonyoung asked sheepishly.
 
Jihoon looked down at the table. "Yes."
 
"Do you really? Someday?" Soonyoung asked with his heart pounding.
 
Jihoon nodded, his lip probably red by now due to all the biting. "I would really love that."
 
"You would?"
 
Jihoon reached out to Soonyoung's hand on the table. "So far, I would." Jihoon then let out a small laugh. "But whose last name would they have?"
 
Soonyoung smiled and shrugged. "I don't know."
 
"Anyway, we don't even need to think about this since we're just..." Jihoon sighed. "We're just a new couple."
 
Soonyoung nodded. "Then let's enjoy being a new couple."
 
Jihoon gave him eye contact. "Can I tell you something?"
 
"Anything."
 
"I've never dated anyone before," Jihoon sighed. "You're my first."
 
"And so are you," Soonyoung quickly said before adding. "Because my mother always told me to go to collage first and then date after I graduate."
 
"Wow really?" Jihoon was slightly shocked. "You seemed like the type who would jump into relationships once in a while..."
 
"I've been actually really shy around people."
 
Jihoon relaxed his hand that was in Soonyoung's own. "That makes the two of us. I'm always too busy for... love."
 
"Well like I've said before, you need to stop and smell the roses," Soonyoung smiled.
 
Jihoon grinned. "I guess I could get used to going out more often with you." He blushed slightly at the last two words he added.
 
"I think I'd like that."
 
Jihoon sent him a silent nod when the barista came with their drinks, sipping silently on the straw.
 
Soonyoung enjoyed his drink quietly before speaking up again. "So after coffee where do you want to go next?"
 
"I heard about this cute park that recently opened, and I haven't been there yet," Jihoon informed. "Can we go there?"
 
"Yeah, that sound great!"  Soonyoung said with a grin.
 
Jihoon stood up. "Let's go there with our coffee, please? I miss walking around.."
 
Soonyoung nodded and stood up. "Yeah, let's walk."
 
Jihoon kept Soonyoung's hand in his hand and his coffee in the other, quietly leaving the shop. "Do you know where it is?"
 
Soonyoung shrugged. "I think so. I've walked past it before."
 
Jihoon nodded. "Lead the way then."
 
Soonyoung nodded and started walking to where he saw the park.
 
"Soonyoung," Jihoon said, letting go of said boy's hand to pet his hair.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Ever thought of changing your hair color?" Jihoon asked. "You'd fit blonde really well."
 
Soonyoung shrugged. "Not really but now you speak about it, I might."
 
"You don't have to if you don't want to though." Jihoon took his hand in his again and continued walking. "You look beautiful either way."
 
Soonyoung blushed.
 
"Seriously, you do." Jihoon cringed at his own words, surprised at how cheesy he was being.
 
"You're so cheesy," Soongyoung said, laughing slightly.
 
"You're making me like this!" Jihoon yelled a little too loudly for his liking. "That was cheesy too... Damn it..."
 
"It's cute."
 
"It's not..." Jihoon whined, sipping the rest of his coffee before throwing it in the nearest trash.
 
"Why not?" Soonyoung asked with a pout.
 
Jihoon scoffed. "I'm not cute."
 
"Sure~" Soonyoung teased.
 
Jihoon gave him a glare before looking ahead to see a field and a playground in the distant. "Are we near?"
 
"Yeah just about."
 
Jihoon sighed. He knew a park was where many romantic dates happen, even if it is just a play area.
 
"So where do you want to go first in the park?"
 
"The swings," Jihoon squealed like a child. "I really loved going on those as a kid."
 
"Oh me too!" Soonyoung said, almost squealing of joy.
 
Jihoon outright giggled at how cute his new lover was being. He released his hand from Soonyoung's. "Race you there," he said quickly before dashing away.
 
"Hey!" Soonyoung laughed as he caught up with Jihoon.
 
Jihoon quickened his speed, hoping Soonyoung wouldn't catch up.
 
"Wait up," Soonyoung whined.
 
Jihoon looked back and stuck his tongue out at Soonyoung, running faster.
 
Soonyoung soon picked up his speed and now was running next to Jihoon.
 
"How did you catch up so-" Jihoon started to whine, realizing that he wasn't a fast runner at all. "Oh..."
 
Soonyoung just laughed.
 
Jihoon tried to run fast, but slowed down instead, catching his breath as Soonyoung went ahead. "Wait!"
 
Soonyoung stopped. "Okay okay."
 
"Carry me.." Jihoon whined.
 
"Okay," Soonyoung turned around so he could hop on his back.
 
Jihoon jumped on Soonyoung's back, gripping his shoulders when he was close to falling. "Okay."
 
"Ready?" Soonyoung asked before he started to run.
 
"Yea..Ah!" Jihoon shrieked, wrapping his legs around Soonyoung's waist and trying not to die.
 
"Then let's go~" Soonyoung said before taking off.
 
Jihoon let his arms out as if he was flying, the only thing keeping him steady was his legs around the younger's waist.
 
Soonyoung laughed while he ran with Jihoon on his back.
 
"Ah, the breeze feels so nice," Jihoon exclaimed, breathing in the fresh air.
 
"It does, doesn't it."
 
Soon they reached the swings with Jihoon quickly jumping off Soonyoung's back and sitting on one of the swings.
 
Soonyoung plopped down on the swing next to Jihoon.
 
"I swear, I haven't had this much fun in a while," Jihoon gleamed.
 
"Me either!"
 
Jihoon gave himself a light push on the swing, making his swing move slowly. "Thank you for all this.."
 
"No no, thank you."
 
Jihoon looked down, not knowing what to say because of the sudden change of atmosphere.
 
"Jihoon?"
 
Jihoon looked up at Soonyoung. "Yea?"
 
"Can I ask you something?"
 
Jihoon just nodded at him, kicking a pebble that was blown to his feet.
 
"I really don't know how to start these kind of things..." Soonyoung started before losing his train of thought.
 
Jihoon tilted his head. "What do you mean?"
 
Soonyoung shrugged.
 
"Soonyoung," Jihoon began. "I noticed something about this."
 
"What did you notice?"
 
Jihoon sighed. "Now that we're dating, we're more awkward than when we were best friends..."
 
"I know, but I love you."
 
Jihoon was honestly a little shocked at how casually Soonyoung said those words. "I love you too." Jihoon sat up from his swing and walked over to him and hugged him lightly. "I just..."
 
Soonyoung hugged Jihoon back gently.
 
Jihoon rested his head in the crook of Soonyoung's neck, his lips near the skin.
 
Soonyoung just sat there hugging Jihoon. He felt like he could walk on air. His heart fluttered so much when ever he was around Jihoon.
 
"I'm just confused on what to do in this thing called an intimate relationship," Jihoon added, lips brushing against Soonyoung's skin.
 
"Neither do I. I guess we just learn as we go along."
 
"Yeah," Jihoon sighed. He didn't want to worry about it right now though. He just wanted to cherish this moment here, with Soonyoung attached to him.
 
These kind of moments were the ones Soonyoung loved the most, to be able to connect with few words.
 
Jihoon gripped his waist, kissing Soonyoung's neck lightly.
 
Soonyoung let out a slight gasp. He wasn't expecting something like that, but he liked it.
 
Jihoon smiled at Soonyoung's reaction. "I'm doing it right?"
 
"I think so..."
 
Jihoon moved his head up to kiss the part just under Soonyoung's jaw, his arms bringing them closer.
 
Soonyoung let out a quiet moan. Jihoon's lips felt so soft and warm against his skin.
 
Jihoon laughed and rested his head on Soonyoung's shoulder. "It's too early for that, Soonyoung."
 
Soonyoung joked Jihoon. "Then don't tease me like that."
 
Jihoon drew circles on Soonyoung's lower back. "Then what can I do?"
 
Soonyoung thought for a moment. "Maybe a kiss?" he asked sheepishly.
 
"Sure, but..." Jihoon lifted his head from Soonyoung's shoulder. "I don't really know how to kiss well..."
 
Soonyoung nodded. "Me either."
 
Jihoon bit his lip. "Want to try?"
 
Soonyoung smiled. "Yeah."
 
Jihoon moved his hands up to Soonyoung's neck. "I'm going to lean in now," he mumbled, leaning in and tilting his head like in the dramas he watched.
 
Soonyoung slowly leaned forward with his lips slightly parted.
 
Jihoon closed his eyes, closing the space between them.
 
Soon both their lips touch in a soft motion.
 
Jihoon moved his lips slowly but unsurely, his hands gripping Soonyoung's neck carefully.
 
Soonyoung blushed against Jihoon's soft lips,  still unsure on how it all works. He moved his lips a bit more.
 
Jihoon let out a small noise of satisfaction in the kiss, his arms now all the way around his neck.
 
Soonyoung wrapped his arms around Jihoon's waist, pulling him even closer if that was possible.
 
Jihoon pulled back only a little bit, wanting to kiss Soonyoung again. He leaned back in and kissed him firmly.
 
Soonyoung smiled into the kiss, hoping this moment can last forever.
 
Jihoon put his legs up on the swing so he was sitting on Soonyoung's lap, balancing it while kissing him even closer.
 
Soonyoung's left hand went up to Jihoon's soft hair, gently it.
 
Jihoon slightly leaned into the touch, hugging Soonyoung closer.
 
Soonyoung's heart was fluttering for every second. He felt he could walk on a cloud.
 
Jihoon desperately didn't want this moment to end, with them embracing each other like this.
 
Soonyoung hoped this moment would last forever and would happen many more times.
 
Jihoon pulled away, still sitting on Soonyoung's lap with his legs around him. He blushed, giggling while hiding his face in his chest.
 
Soonyoung smiled. "That was nice."
 
Jihoon nodded, looking back up at him. "Can we..." Jihoon smiled before continuing. "Do it again?"
 
Soonyoung grinned. "Yes."
 
Immediately, Jihoon pulled Soonyoung by the hair into a bolder lip lock.
 
Soonyoung giggled a little bit into the kiss.
 
Jihoon suddenly remembered another type of kiss he wanted to try: the french kiss. He bit into Soonyoung's bottom lip for his tongue to gain entrance.
 
Soonyoung's mouth opened slightly, enough for Jihoon's tongue to slide in.
 
Jihoon smirked, the roof of Soonyoung's mouth while moving his tongue with the other's.
 
Soonyoung kissed Jihoon deeply.
 
Jihoon moved closer so his lips were completely on Soonyoung's, his tongue now fully swirling inside.
 
Soonyoung slightly tilted his head to the side to get a better angle for kissing, his fingers curled up into Jihoon's soft hair.
 
Jihoon let out a quite loud moan. He knew the other wanted this as much as he did.